LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Chewie, it seems to never end. These kids and their activities..... I am sure I could be a millionaire a couple times over by now!Have you talked with your doctor about this? Isn't irritability/anger a side effect of all the hormone stuff with menopause or perimenopause? Can you also throw your hormones out of whack or maybe some feel good ones like serotonin with WLS and weight loss?
It is definitely hormones because I get this every month. I tried hormone bio identical cremes, supplements(black cohosh) but it messed with my liver and other stuff---even mini bc pills. The only thing that helped, black cohosh I had to stop. I go back to my wls surgeon in June and primary in July, if this continues, I will discuss it again.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #212

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Wings here tonight, easy peasy. I'm making a sticky Asian glaze for some of them and dh will probably want hot wings too.

Mom's day plans are just to cook and serve the parents. Making some frozen savory strudel appetizers I got half price at Aldi's, cheeseburgers and brats. Dessert will be frozen mini eclairs--again from Aldi's.
sounds great! DUDES i meant to go to aldis today when i picked Steven up and the whole time i was there i kept thinking i fogrot something! i forgot to even go to that store!
Ashley had a 2nd interview there today hopefully she will get the job
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
sounds great! DUDES i meant to go to aldis today when i picked Steven up and the whole time i was there i kept thinking i fogrot something! i forgot to even go to that store!
She is interviewing with Aldis? I hear they are or at least used to be great to work for. Paid well, but, you have to do everything. Cashier, stock shelves, clean, etc. Do they know she is pregnant?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Wings here tonight, easy peasy. I'm making a sticky Asian glaze for some of them and dh will probably want hot wings too.

Mom's day plans are just to cook and serve the parents. Making some frozen savory strudel appetizers I got half price at Aldi's, cheeseburgers and brats. Dessert will be frozen mini eclairs--again from Aldi's.
Those strudels must have been hot items, Chewie. Our Aldi had one box of the spinach ones left and it was opened so I didn't get it.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Steven is off at his last Upward Bound meeting they are discontinuing the program at Berea college SAD and a shame for all the kids it would have helped

i noticed EKU has an upward bound program MAYBE Steven could get a part time job with them because he will be an alumnus from the Upward Bound program? IDK
ken did better yesterday even walked to the neighbors
today he is having trouble breathing and is cramping up terribly

no Mother's Day plans all that kinda got de railed
i am frying catfish today
That is a good idea on the job front for Steven for next summer. Also, KU had students that would guide the Orientation groups of students and parents, they were kind of Student Ambassadors and they were paid to do this. Maybe EKU has something like that as well, too. Do they have an electronic newsletter for parents? If so, be sure to sign up for it. KU's was quite helpful.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #216

Old 05-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!!
We are heading out for lunch today and then
over to our son's for a cook out this evening.
Enjoy your day everyone!
Sit down and relax for the day!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!!
We are heading out for lunch today and then
over to our son's for a cook out this evening.
Enjoy your day everyone!
Sit down and relax for the day!!!
oh SUE! wouldn't it be nice for all of us to be on that beautiful porch sipping iced tea?? oh what a wonderful thought
Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #219

Good morning and Happy Mother's day!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Mother's Day, Everyone!!

Sue, gorgeous pic! Hope you have a great time out with your family. How did dinner with Son and DIL go?

I have made my Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake, Jimmy Dean Sausage Breakfast Skillet, and a Fruit Salad of Strawberries and Bananas in a Mango Lime Dressing. DH is now cleaning the kitchen for me. I also just finished one of the pattern repeats on the red scarf I am knitting. I am going to do some knitting on my mom's cardigan as well. Getting closer to finishing the back.

What do you all have on tap for today?

Deb, is Ken feeling better today?
Old 05-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #221

Howdy KC ken is having a rough day and he is very close to being out of his muscle relaxers my ear sinus tooth thingie is back with a vengence today
Old 05-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hey Mona! right back at ya! furkids count as well! hope verything is going good with you!

Old 05-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Happy Mother's Day !!!!

Bit on the cool side today - windy, but the sun has been shining all day. At least no more rain for a couple days. I have not done a thing today except read the paper. I think I could be persuaded to do that a few more days.

DS got me an orchid plant. It's about 3' tall - actually - he got me 2 - beautiful blue and a magenta. Anyone ever have them? He bought me a small one probably 4+ months ago and it's still blooming. I am known to have an un-green thumb, but this one is still going strong. Hope the new ones do the same. Also had Chinese for dinner............so good.

Deb. did I read correctly that Ken doesn't go back to the doc till the 21st? It really upsets me that the VA isn't doing a better job of taking care of our vets. I am so sorry you're having to deal with all this, when you should be celebrating big time that Steven is graduating and going off to college in the fall. I keep praying for you and your family.

The hummingbirds are feeding like crazy - love to see them doing their solo flights - in/out of the porch - fighting with each other over the feeders. A surprise today - 2 gold finches showed up - looking in the window............have been trying to lure them here for the last 18 months to no avail. So tomorrow - I'll be buying some thistle and getting their feeder set up.

Hope all you mothers are enjoying your day and relaxing - and yes, Mona, that goes for fur baby mamas too.....

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #225

yeah the 21st and i think that is just for a test his nexrt scheduled appointment is 3 months away with dr pullen i just do not know!
i am soo glad to see you posting!!! those flowers sound wonderful! i hope you had a great day today
Old 05-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #226

gah this sinus ear tooth thingie is killing me again
Old 05-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Howdy KC ken is having a rough day and he is very close to being out of his muscle relaxers my ear sinus tooth thingie is back with a vengence today
Oh, No, Deb!Do you still have any of that Oil of Oregano, was it? I hope you both are feeling better by now.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hi Mona! thanks for the good wishes. Hope you are recovered from mowing the yard!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Happy Mother's Day !!!!

Bit on the cool side today - windy, but the sun has been shining all day. At least no more rain for a couple days. I have not done a thing today except read the paper. I think I could be persuaded to do that a few more days.

DS got me an orchid plant. It's about 3' tall - actually - he got me 2 - beautiful blue and a magenta. Anyone ever have them? He bought me a small one probably 4+ months ago and it's still blooming. I am known to have an un-green thumb, but this one is still going strong. Hope the new ones do the same. Also had Chinese for dinner............so good.

Deb. did I read correctly that Ken doesn't go back to the doc till the 21st? It really upsets me that the VA isn't doing a better job of taking care of our vets. I am so sorry you're having to deal with all this, when you should be celebrating big time that Steven is graduating and going off to college in the fall. I keep praying for you and your family.

The hummingbirds are feeding like crazy - love to see them doing their solo flights - in/out of the porch - fighting with each other over the feeders. A surprise today - 2 gold finches showed up - looking in the window............have been trying to lure them here for the last 18 months to no avail. So tomorrow - I'll be buying some thistle and getting their feeder set up.

Hope all you mothers are enjoying your day and relaxing - and yes, Mona, that goes for fur baby mamas too.....

Linda
Hi there Miss Pansies! Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Yes I know what orchids you are speaking of. I bought one for myself and one for a friend back in December. Pretty much killed mine. Dh says it is still alive. WEll it has those large green waxy leaves still but all the flowers fell off and the stem turned brown. So I continue to add a little water to every once in a while, like once a month it seems!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have had a pleasant, relaxing Mother's day in spite of having made brunch for my family as no one got up. I finished knitting on the back of my mother's cardigan and bound that off. Dh and I went to Kohls as I had a 30% off coupon and they were having sales. I ended up getting a new apple corer and slicer as mine has disappeared, got a new pair of sunglasses, got a tank for ds and a long sleeved 1/4 zip Ralph Lauren pullover sweater for ds, a pair of courduroy pants for dh and a Ralph Lauren dress long sleeved dress shirt for dh. All for 57$ total. Dh was happy with the bargain shopping. Then we came home and started dinner. We did shrimp scampi over fettucini noodles and a veggie mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with lemon pepper and sauce from the shrimp scampi. After dinner my two daughters went to Dairy Queen and came back with an ice cream cake for dessert. The girls gave me two new knitting magazines for the spring and summer issues and a bottle of Estee Lauder White Linen. Dh cleaned the kitchen for me. It was a good day.

Now, I have a load of darks in the dryer as youngest has to turn in her track uniform tomorrow as track is over and it was dirty. Life goes on.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #231

Quote:
Aldi's starts their employees at $11.50 an hour here. That is great. I hope she gets it.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I have had a pleasant, relaxing Mother's day in spite of having made brunch for my family as no one got up. I finished knitting on the back of my mother's cardigan and bound that off. Dh and I went to Kohls as I had a 30% off coupon and they were having sales. I ended up getting a new apple corer and slicer as mine has disappeared, got a new pair of sunglasses, got a tank for ds and a long sleeved 1/4 zip Ralph Lauren pullover sweater for ds, a pair of courduroy pants for dh and a Ralph Lauren dress long sleeved dress shirt for dh. All for 57$ total. Dh was happy with the bargain shopping. Then we came home and started dinner. We did shrimp scampi over fettucini noodles and a veggie mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with lemon pepper and sauce from the shrimp scampi. After dinner my two daughters went to Dairy Queen and came back with an ice cream cake for dessert. The girls gave me two new knitting magazines for the spring and summer issues and a bottle of Estee Lauder White Linen. Dh cleaned the kitchen for me. It was a good day.

Now, I have a load of darks in the dryer as youngest has to turn in her track uniform tomorrow as track is over and it was dirty. Life goes on.
Yum, everything sounds good. Bargain hunting is so much fun. My dh doesn't get it.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #233

Good morning.

Hope Ken is better today and you too Deb. HUGS
Old 05-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #234

thanks guys
yeah i have some of the oil of oregano and my olive leaf extract and i hadn't missed taking them IDK why it has came back with a vengeance? ugh it has never FULLY went aaway but has been manageable for a while
Great bargin shopping!
wow Chewie Ashley didn't mention how much but that would be GREAT wish it was closer i sure would apply!

Steven is taking his last AP test this morning
we will pick him up at noon and then they are taking me out to eat for Mother's Day LOL i KNEW everything would be SWAMPED yesterday soo i will like this better

what's going on with everyone?? i have unloaded the dishwasher and am consuming coffee and my cat Sugie is holding me down lol hard to type it frosted this morning soo i bet she is just stealing my body heat
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 05-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!

Another gorgeous day on tap here. Everything looks so pretty outside. I finished my red scarf last night. Plan to finish the ruffled scarf I have been knitting as well today. I have had three projects going at once. They are varying degrees of difficulty. I like to have one or two simple projects going that I can grab and take with me when I am waiting at dance, etc. and the more complicated projects I keep at home where I am able to concentrate so I don't make a mistake. I shall have to force myself to do some housework today and I am back to my diet now that my Mother's Day treats are done. Well, except for the ice cream cake which I shall let the kids and dh have.

Deb, I hope you have a great lunch out today! Good luck to Steven on his AP Exam.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #236

Deb--have fun today. Lunch out sounds great.

KC--I have lots to do today too. My ds18 is done with school so he's got a bunch of cleaning to do. I sure hope he does it cause I don't want to have to fight with him. I have to shampoo the stairs. Luckily I have a little green machine and it works great for this kind of stuff. My brother is coming on Thursday.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #237

WATER CALL I have had 30 ounces so far.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #238

i am soo behind on my water and ZOMG!! ice cream cake! sounds soo good!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #239

going to take some naproxen and hit the hay my jaw is killing me
worries are not helping either
Old 05-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #240

soo not ready for the heat one more day of moderate temps(after frost yesterday) and then hello 90s! ugh soo i made a pot of chili to enjoy today

Steven had grad uation practice and got his NHS and Honors sashes BUT they aren't going to let them wear their Upward Bound sashes (only 2 kids have them this year and it is the last year the program is at Whitley) evil people i hope what they are giving out comes back to them 3 fold i swear they try to take everything away from Steven that they can
Steven is filling out applications all afternoon SIGH Subway told him they just hired 10 and wouldn't schedule an interview, check back in a few weeks
Ken is still the same and i am IDK just soo disheartened