Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Morning Ms Mona...I have never had a massage either....ALMOST had one...then found out they forgot to schedule it and I never went back to that doctor...I can't do anything overly physical...I USED to mow my butt off...LOL...ahhhhhhhh..those were the days...not...I don't miss any of that stuff...but, then I guess if I hadn't don't it...I wouldn't not miss it...

Avi..is my son's band playing at Boston Common last Sept...at a reunion show.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning all......and good "Friday" morning for you Mona!! LOL
Mona...if I say I have the kids most likely I am talking about Layla and Eli. If I should
ever say I have "all" the kids just know I have lost my mind!!!LOL Very seldom do I
take them all at once. Only when we are doing something special like making fun stuff
for holidays.
I've got my grocery shopping done for the week!!!! I just hate doing it anymore.
The little ones are not here today so I have the day to clean house a little. It will be very little but I will do what I feel like. Which is very little.

This is going to be a busy weekend coming up. It seems like there is NO weekend that we have free anymore. There is so much to do around this house but time just isn't on our side it seems lately!!
Deb...sit down...put your feet up....have a cold drink....and relax for a little while.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Deb - you have so much on your plate now. Be sure to take care of YOU. I worry because I know you are a fixer and a doer - always the one that the family depends on. Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's hard for you, but you can only do so much - one day at a time. I know - I know - that's easy to say, but all this stress and it all seems to be landing soundly on your shoulders all the time is a lot. Good to see you posting - at least it helps to tell someone - and we all care about you very much. Hugs, Linda

thank you soo much Linda! i have been worried about you too! i am glad to see you posting i am havign a late check in today

C/P of my update todayOK emailed his nurse yesterday about the headaches and weakness his doc emailed back he has the appointment for the MRI the 21st OMG!!!!!! and to keep it but what if whatever happened is still going on in there? AND we have to wait for the results to get back to the docs and i just do not know.
my 78 year old cousin came through on her way to Chicago this mornign and sitting in huddle house talkign with her WORE HIM OUT he is sleeping AGAIN here on the couch i do not know what to do
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #184

HELLOOOOOO??ANYBODY OUT THERE????
Old 05-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #185

a couple pics from last night
getting his scholarship certificate

getting his drama plaque

his friend kendra got a ton of stuff!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

That is super awesome, Deb...you should be very, very proud...as I am sure you are.

I wish you the best with Ken, Deb...it has to be so hard for both of you. Will say a prayer for you both tonight..
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #187

thank you soo very much Lynn!
how is everything out in California??
Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

It is pretty good...we leave friday night to go see my Dad...if you remember he is 99..I told his "girlfriend" who is a year younger than he..about three weeks ago we were coming and she never told him...he can't hear hardly at all..so, I told her on the phone and to tell him...I was ready to bop her one today when she told me she hadn't told him..lol...I managed to get him to hear me a little today and told him myself..he said he was shocked.. When I left last year...he said..don't wait another 15 years to come again..(it was actually longer than that)...so, I reminded him that he said that..and that I always do as I am told..

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #189

oh man why hadnt she told him?? i hope it is a wonderful trip for you!
how is he doing?/
Old 05-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

I have no clue why she didn't tell him...boggles the mind..lol She said he is getting weaker...well, I guess we all have that problem... He sounded pretty good. My brother drove down from Jacksonville to see him today..so, that was good...all my kids sent him a card..and one called him...my kids are good about stuff like that.

We will be gone several days..so, if I am not here..that is why...I will try to check my email if you want to tell me anything important..I can get it on my phone...I THINK I can figure it out..
Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #191

ok Lynn! i am signing off ken is still asleep in the recliner going to see if i can get him up the stairs goodnight and i am glad you are here with me
Old 05-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lynn....enjoy your trip and get pictures with your dad. You never know when the last picture will be taken.It could be she didn't tell him because she forgot herself!!LOL
Old 05-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you, Sue..

Since I am still confused with the link thing...google.."25 universities with the best return on investment"..my son posted it because his school was included...thought some of you might be interested...some of it is pretty startling...income wise.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #194

thanks Lynn
Good morning everyone!
i got Steven off to school i think he said he had 3 finals today
crockpot going coffee going laundry going and i went back to bed and slept the morning away

Old 05-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #195

he is soo restless and GROUCHY i KNOW it is because he is used to doing stuff but it is rough when i am only concerned about him
today it seems like he thinks i am holding him back from doing stuff (ack wanting to mow the lawn UGH) instead of my being worried for his safety
one good thing his speech seems better today!but everything else is still rough

he stumbles even with the cane his whole right side is numb he exhausts terribly easy falls asleep soo much it scares me even more he has had headaches from mild to severe every day sooo weak i do not know what to do and the VA doesn't get in a hurry to help anyone
Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb....I'm sure you have already looked this up but maybe look it over again. Is he slurring his words?
I know you mentioned he would not go to the ER. It reminded me of when my dad was in such bad shape and he would have these spells of his blood pressure dropping down to nothing and then would have an awful time breathing. I recall begging my mom to please take him in to the dr. She told him that I was so worried and please would he go just for me. He did. Maybe if you remind him that this is hard on Steven also and he needs you to want to go and be checked out. Maybe he might do it for him. His signs that you describe just doesn't sound good Deb. I can't believe they are not having him come in until the later part of May.
When you took him in last week did they test for a stroke? If so, what did they find?
Stroke-Symptoms
Old 05-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Deb....I'm sure you have already looked this up but maybe look it over again. Is he slurring his words?
I know you mentioned he would not go to the ER. It reminded me of when my dad was in such bad shape and he would have these spells of his blood pressure dropping down to nothing and then would have an awful time breathing. I recall begging my mom to please take him in to the dr. She told him that I was so worried and please would he go just for me. He did. Maybe if you remind him that this is hard on Steven also and he needs you to want to go and be checked out. Maybe he might do it for him. His signs that you describe just doesn't sound good Deb. I can't believe they are not having him come in until the later part of May.
When you took him in last week did they test for a stroke? If so, what did they find?
Stroke-Symptoms
yes we were there all day
c/p of my post from last saturday
soo IDK where to start
Quote:
took Ken to VA dc yesterday
they rushed him in even ahead of others when i told them symptoms and was a fraid he had a stroke nurse scared so bad she hooked him up to EKG right away that was fine. than his BP was through the roof
get in to see doc and Dr pullen was CONVINCED he had a bad stroke did a through exam and looked at me in a pitying away and just nodded yes they rushed him into a CT scan and to the ultrasound room
CT came back Clear atreries in his neck came back clear he does have double carotid arteries on the right side GENIC ANOMOLY
doctor said "I have no IDEA what happened to you" kept looking and looking and siad I believ it might be a hemmoragic migraine and he is trying to get him scheduled foran MRI but that will have to be in Johnson City and WHo knows when that will happen
he then put him through an xray of his eyes and a bunch of blood tests told him he would overnight him some medications for that type of mirgraine and we came home
on outr way home Kenny calls and they have to be out of their house by Wed and they have no where to go and no place to put their stuff they are down to thier last tiny bit of money IDK Stress is killing me
ken is still very weak very unsteady the doctor ordered him a cane and gave it to him right there and that has helped some
the medicine DID not come today what DID come was his regular refills soo at least 2 more wastedc days and who knows what further damage??
the doctor said he may NEVER improve from this
WTH did not the ER doctor help him some?? Dr pullen was upset about that too yeah muscle relaxers and a rectal exam for stroke like symptoms he said she examined the wrong end!
i do not know how much i can be around the next little while guys
OH and tonight is Steven's prom and i wanted pics today and he would not smile or pose or ANYTHING for us there was another boy at the same park taking prom pics for his parents about the time we finished up and he smiled posed Etc and that just made me feel worse
the best Dr pullen could find out was a hemmoragic migraine that min=mics a stroke all of the symptoms and very very rare
the best words to describe it i guess isa MIGRAINE STROKE
Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #198

the physical exam he did was looking at his face listening to him talk observing him walk
his right arm was hanging down i n what his nurse said was classic stroke position(and still is almost 3 weeks after the incident on the 21st of april)
he had him do grip tests and his right side had no strnagth
he had him close his eyes while standing and he driffted off to the side
Dr pullen just looked at me and shook his head sadly yes
and then when all the tests came back clear he said he had no idea but made us stay until he found that about hemmoragic migraines
dizzyness nausea throwing up extreme pain he had all the symptoms of a stroke and the ER a week before did nothing to address any of it
Old 05-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know it is frustrating for you all Deb. Don't give up. Keep fighting for Ken!
Keep ringing the drs. phone if and when you feel the need. If you don't stand up
and fight who will?!! Keep the faith!!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #200

hi all just packed the last school lunch i will ever pack whew this is harder than i thought
Old 05-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #201

Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #202

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #203

Hi. I'm having an awful week. I think it's PMS without the MS. Haven't had that since March. Don't know. Just bad bad bad. Had to take ds14 to get a new chin strap for his helmet. The old one tore up his chin. It cost $35!!!!!!! Unbelievable. How do people afford this stuff?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi. I'm having an awful week. I think it's PMS without the MS. Haven't had that since March. Don't know. Just bad bad bad. Had to take ds14 to get a new chin strap for his helmet. The old one tore up his chin. It cost $35!!!!!!! Unbelievable. How do people afford this stuff?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Chewie, it seems to never end. These kids and their activities..... I am sure I could be a millionaire a couple times over by now!Have you talked with your doctor about this? Isn't irritability/anger a side effect of all the hormone stuff with menopause or perimenopause? Can you also throw your hormones out of whack or maybe some feel good ones like serotonin with WLS and weight loss?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb, those were good pics from the other night. Congrats on Steven's Regents scholarship! Where is his friend Kendra going to school? What does she plan to study?

You planning to do the low carb now that he is finishing up at school? He has plenty of time to drop some major weight for a fresh start. The plus side to his not having a job is that he doesn't havae any money! All he can do is eat what you buy and fix. Unlike my son who just goes out to eat if he doesn't like what I fix! lol
Old 05-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good FRIDAY evening everyone.....
Any big plans this weekend MOM'S?????
heading out to Eli's little T ball game in the morning then on over to their house for an early Mother's Day lunch.
Sunday evening we are invited out to our son's for a Mother's Day cook out! I asked what I could bring and he says nothing!! It's Mother's Day! He is smoking chicken, hamburger, and hot links. Baked tators to go with it.

Deb...I know you are wondering just where all the years went. Been there and felt the pain. Just keep some Kleenex on you over the next few weeks!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Evening!

Well, back from taking youngest to dance at a Retirement Home Complex. They did a great job and the folks there seemed to like all the young dancers. I then brought her home and ran to Aldi as we were out of bread and milk. I have spent the last hour going through a week's worth of mail!! Ugh. I am so paranoid about identitity theft that I open everything and tear off any pieces where any identifying info is and take that to my crosscut shredder. The rest goes into the recycle bin. Dh was supposed to be helping me but his new copy of Money magazine was in that batch of mail and he has to read it now...... So I am taking a little break too. Getting ready to go find blank online monthly calendar to print out for ds for tomorrow. He will have to record his summer lifeguarding schedule from Memorial Day to August.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #209

Steven is off at his last Upward Bound meeting they are discontinuing the program at Berea college SAD and a shame for all the kids it would have helped

i noticed EKU has an upward bound program MAYBE Steven could get a part time job with them because he will be an alumnus from the Upward Bound program? IDK
ken did better yesterday even walked to the neighbors
today he is having trouble breathing and is cramping up terribly

no Mother's Day plans all that kinda got de railed
i am frying catfish today
Old 05-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #210

Wings here tonight, easy peasy. I'm making a sticky Asian glaze for some of them and dh will probably want hot wings too.

Mom's day plans are just to cook and serve the parents. Making some frozen savory strudel appetizers I got half price at Aldi's, cheeseburgers and brats. Dessert will be frozen mini eclairs--again from Aldi's.