LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
quick flyby post gotta run back out helping kenny move

good grief my kid was supposed to be a smart person ya know??
good thing is i THINK i got Steven signed up for early admission at college they call it colonel camp and they get to move in the weekend before everyone else and have a ton of activities to do
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, remember to take care of yourself.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Goooood Morning, Goooood Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning to you, and you and you..... that song is running through my head. LOL

Well, it is now officially afternoon so.... it has been a foggy, gray somewhat chilly day. I am back from my aqua exercise class, have showered and dressed, made up ds' bed and picked up his room. I have a load of darks in the washer with another load of darks waiting to go in. I did not do laundry Sat or Sun due to youngest's dance competition all weekend. You would think I hadn't done laundry in weeks!! How does it pile up so quickly?

Deb, how is it that you have to wait until the 21st to file for unemployment benefits? Can it only be done on a certain day of the month? I have no experience so don't know, just inquiring.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb,

That Kendra is a doll! Looks sweet and lovely.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mona, I feel for you. I think it is completely understandable that you feel frustrated, resentful and/or overwhelmed at times. I mean you work full time outside the home, do all the shopping/errands, try to keep the house clean, have to do the yard work, cook, etc. Now, single people do that all the time for themselves, but when you have a partner.......it is much harder to be the one who does it all all the time without ever feeling overwhelmed and/or taken advantage of. A good heart to heart as Chewie suggested might be the way to go, or with a counselor?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
quick flyby post gotta run back out helping kenny move

good grief my kid was supposed to be a smart person ya know??
good thing is i THINK i got Steven signed up for early admission at college they call it colonel camp and they get to move in the weekend before everyone else and have a ton of activities to do
You are such a good mom, Deb.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Goooood Morning, Goooood Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning to you, and you and you..... that song is running through my head. LOL

Well, it is now officially afternoon so.... it has been a foggy, gray somewhat chilly day. I am back from my aqua exercise class, have showered and dressed, made up ds' bed and picked up his room. I have a load of darks in the washer with another load of darks waiting to go in. I did not do laundry Sat or Sun due to youngest's dance competition all weekend. You would think I hadn't done laundry in weeks!! How does it pile up so quickly?

Deb, how is it that you have to wait until the 21st to file for unemployment benefits? Can it only be done on a certain day of the month? I have no experience so don't know, just inquiring.
ya know i just don't KNOW! we filled out all the stuff online yesterday and it said the 21st he can request a check
i do know they passed where the first week is without benefits at all but that is 3 weeks but i am grateful SOMETHING will be coming in
that aqua class sounds wonderful!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #158

Quote:
You are such a good mom, Deb.
right back at ya my friend!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #159

been slow in here today?? yoohoo everyone come out to play!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #160

Mommie did not step in and rescue this time we took them our hand truck and then helped her father load an upright piano he bought today kenny said you are coming back to help us unload it? and i was NOPE i gotta get dad home to rest. i reckon they sold their fancy fridge to Ashley's dad IDK soo maybe they have enough money to pay the builder and get all the utilities caught up (LOL i looked at him and told him that fridge was an example of how he had been living we used to say champagne taste beer budget?? i told him he had a 300 dollar fridge wallet and a 1200 dollar fridge lifestyle and that was just plain dumb)
they are sleeping on a futon at Ashley's parents house tonight

SOO ken and i got a lot done today and forgot a lot as well and he is exhausted
took tux back, went to store, made Steven's graduation announcements
got home and signed Steven up for the early move in at EKU YEA! and checked ken's paystub and his VA info on the net
called VA about the travel pay we didn't get for the er visit and info on that gulf war registry SOO we are going to have to amke a trip to Johnson City AGAIN just to fill out the PAPERWORK to get an appointment for the exam!
that is when Kenny called asking for the hand truck(if he had told me last night would have saved me a trip to Corbin i could have put it in the van and dropped it off when i returned the tux
then picked up my meds(last refill i gotta get into the doc before our insurance runs out GAH I HATE THIS) got Ken some fast food i thought he was going to pass out on me! got gas then it was time to wait to get Steven
THEN kenny calls and asks if he could store washer dryer over at my mommie's OK soo he was going to meet us halfway with us bringing our trailer to put them on
then he calls and says they will fit in storage could we help load that piano? OK we wait at the plac e FOR AN HOUR i could have ran Ken home and brought Steven back out to help load it but Ashley's Dad was the one driving the uhaul soo something that takes 15 minutes gets STRETCHED

after they got it loaded is when i said i was going to take Ken home
good thing i did he ate some and now is napping
oh another good thing that medicine did come today he can' t be out in t he sun or take aspirin while on it i hope it helps some
about killed him today when he could not help and i was worried about backing the trailer up and he said "i will do that" and i told him he was in no shape to drive KWIM?
Steven said the AP chem test was brutal!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #161

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi girls, stopping by to say miss you KC and Mona. The other ladies I see on Fb more frequently.

Deb, that girl with Steven is so cute!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb, wow! You guys must be beat! You know, I was just thinking to myself, where were Kenny and Ashley's friends? Don't they have friends to help them do this moving stuff? They can't count on their parents every time as parents are not getting younger....not to insult you or anything but as we age we lose strength etc and this stuff gets so much harder! Ken's health is now a case in point. Growing up is still hard.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, I don't know how unemployment works, but in MO you have a waiting week where you don't get paid, but must sign up. You then wait until the second week is over and you sign up for a check then. You are actually paid for the second week, you just can't sign up until you actually don't work that second week. Does that make any sense?
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Deb, wow! You guys must be beat! You know, I was just thinking to myself, where were Kenny and Ashley's friends? Don't they have friends to help them do this moving stuff? They can't count on their parents every time as parents are not getting younger....not to insult you or anything but as we age we lose strength etc and this stuff gets so much harder! Ken's health is now a case in point. Growing up is still hard.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #165

dudes only a couple of posts?/ come out and play guys!
ROUGH night for ken last night

IDK about kenny's friends last time he had a guy that was INVALUABLE to help
hopefully everything will go ok at that waffle house job this morning

Last edited by debkeversole; 05-07-2013 at 05:58 AM..
Old 05-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone....
I see where gov. Chris Christee had weight loss surgery. I hope it works great for him. To be in the public eye and have jokes made everyday by late night tv hosts and others has to be tough. Tough on his family also.

It's chicken around here for tonight with a salad. Nothing great. Just fast and plain. I have the little ones today so I am thankful for my crock pot!!! LOL
Have a great day all....
Old 05-07-2013, 06:09 AM   #167

HOWDY SUE! i had planned sloppy joes for tonight but it h=is Steven's Honors night soo IDK my sloppy joes are just that SLOPPY!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Morning ladies....sorry Ken had a tough night...you were right to bring him home yesterday...he should be taking it easy...definately...no lifting especially...you are going to have to put your foot down...you know how stubborn men can be...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #169

HOWDY LYNN! lol what is really rough on him too is i won't let him drive! i just can not take a chance with his right side not working and his vision not up to par i told him as long as he is asking for me to get him things as normally he would get he can't drive!

that was why i was worried about backing up the trailer i can go forward with it all day long but backing up doesn't work KWIM? and Ken always did that for me before
Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, you can back it up now...amazing the things we can do if we have to....we tend to let "the guy" do stuff when we actually could do it if we set out mind to it. I am proud of you Deb..you are doing a bang up job keeping things under control over there...take the time to sit and relax often...close your eyes and think of Christmas lights and snow..

Learning to say no is hard...especially to your kids...but, sometimes you have to. Her parents can do what needs to be done this time.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

oh and by the way...we got some rain..it was heavenly...think we might get a little more...I wanted to get my car out in it to get it cleaned off...but, didn't...it is SO dirty..lol
Old 05-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Did you read the crazy story about the girls that were kidnapped...10 years ago...have all been found...it's so hard to believe this has gone on for TEN YEARS!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Did you read the crazy story about the girls that were kidnapped...10 years ago...have all been found...it's so hard to believe this has gone on for TEN YEARS!
that is why i was soo overprotective of my kids i KNEW things like that were happening everywhere really. evil people out there and all those missing people and kids

lol i can't back the trailer i would have to unhitch it and turn it around by hand first and have done so

i jackknife it everytime

gah ken being home is going to kill me he tried unloading the dishwasher (me telling him not too) and of course he got dizzy and his back is hurting worse

he is SO used to going all the time and DO ing stuff i may be needing bailed out soon
Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

I have a bad back...ANYTHING in a stooping position kills me...only possible way is to bend the knees.

Yup...having them around all the time....ummm...no...LOL But, if you can get him to feeling somewhat better..he will amuse himself...meanwhile, he has to rest..he probably went back to work way too soon.

I am off to the chiropractor today myself...not that it seems to do a heck of a lot of good... I fell many years ago and broke some ribs and punctured a lung..at the time I said to myself..I am never going to be the same again...and I haven't been.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 05-07-2013 at 07:43 AM..
Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
I have a bad back...ANYTHING in a stooping position kills me...only possible way is to bend the knees.

Yup...having them around all the time....ummm...no...LOL But, if you can get him to feeling somewhat better..he will amuse himself...meanwhile, he has to rest..he probably went back to work way too soon.

I am off to the chiropractor today myself...not that it seems to do a heck of a lot of good... I fell many years ago and broke some ribs and punctured a lung..at the time I said to myself..I am never going to be the same again...and I haven't been.
oh my! i hope the chrio helps
yeah i thought he went back to work too soon as well

Pooh and friends just wanted to say.... 231 days to Christmas!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #176

got ken showered and cleaned up i stay in the room with him i am afraid he will fall. i need to go get the shower chair out of storage that we used after the wreck
and now he is sleeping on the couch wore him out with that dishwasher
Old 05-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Deb - you have so much on your plate now. Be sure to take care of YOU. I worry because I know you are a fixer and a doer - always the one that the family depends on. Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's hard for you, but you can only do so much - one day at a time. I know - I know - that's easy to say, but all this stress and it all seems to be landing soundly on your shoulders all the time is a lot. Good to see you posting - at least it helps to tell someone - and we all care about you very much. Hugs, Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Deb - I forgot to thank you for the cole slaw recipes. They didn't think much of the one I tried - but I'll keep trying. Didn't someone post that they made an Asian cole slaw recently? The sauerkraut one - I've had that one - my Mom used to make it a lot. So good.

Guess everyone seems to use the mayo/vinegar/sugar/milk one - it is my favorite - but just wanted to see if anyone had success with other sauces.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda......I've had the sauerkraut one. My sis makes it often. It is good and so different from all the others for a change.
My SIL came out for supper to pick the kids up so I changed my menu. I had some Jennie O's turkey burgers. Cooked them up and then fried some onions, gr. peppers, jalp. peppers and mushrooms up with them. Threw together a salad and baked potato. He loved the meat. He wanted to know if it was a Pintrest recipe. LOL.....no....it was a quick throw together recipe.
Have a good evening all.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning ladies.

Typing from work. Today is my Friday.

My big project I want to get finished over my "weekend" is to get the front and back yards mowed. I was trying to get a gardener out to do it but haven't had any luck with getting returned phone calls . I'll do it myself if I have to! But I was hoping to go the easier (on my back) route.

Wow gunna have to start calling you Action Deb! LOL. That made me tired just reading all you did the other day. Like the others have said, don't forget to recharge your own batteries every now and then. It sounds like if Deb goes down the whole house of cards will fall! Sounds like you are keeping a good "distance" between Kenny & Ashley's problems and your own. You can't solve everything for them, that is for sure. I have a feeling that Ashley is kicking herself for leaving a good job with benefits! One word to keep Ken resting: bendryl. LOL. Would that be bad to put a little liquid benydrl in his iced tea? LOL it probably would be. But that man needs to rest!

Lynn sorry to hear about your ongoing back issues. I inherited my dad's bad bad it seems. I throw it out every couple of years and I go through excrutiating pain while it heals. Hope the chiro can help. I've never seen one. Never gotten a massage either. Always been too self consious to have people see my fat, naked back. LOL.

Sue when you say you have all the grandkids is that just Eli and Layla, or others too? Sounds like you have your hands full.

KCMama I have always wanted to take an aqua exercise class! Only time I can do it is in the AM on my way home from work and I just haven't gotten around to it. I just wanna go home and plop. LOL.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote