LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Deb,

Wow. I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. My heart is breaking for you all. Praying Ken will recover soon and faster than the docs think.

Hoping Kenny still has his job. Are they asking to move in with you or just wanting to store things at your place and move in with Ashley's folks? If all other plans fail, there is always your mother's house, right? Is that near any other towns where they might find work?

Steven looked good in the photo above. I sure hope he had a good time at his Prom.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi Mona, it's so good to hear from you. We've missed you. Sorry about the bp stuff. I hope your dr can find an answer. How is your dh doing?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #123

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
hi all steven had a terrible time at the prom and yeah Kenny lost his h=job for sure thursday and it is POURING the rain. Kenny and Ashley have rented a storage place to put their stuff and say they plan on couch surfing for a while AShley does have an interview at Aldis on friday i offered to get my things out of the room my Mom stayed in while we looked after her with her ccancer and offered to clean out the 4 room apt at my mom's house for them to stay in for a while . we would have to reinstall electric and water in it now though the storm that damaged the roof there last year also tore the electrical lines that ran from the house to the apt
the room here is 10x16 and has room enough for thier fridge(ROLLEYES SMILIE HERE) and thier bed and a chest of drawers they could pu t their TV on and an outside entrance so the grandpup wouldn't have to be around my cats and vice versa and they would have access to my wi fi but we are 25 miles away from where she has an interview friday
kenny may have a jb as cook at the waffle house there but IDK if they will move back into her parents or not i just don't know and i am exhausted from soo much worry
no Steven didn't get to drive last night either POURING the rain and i didn't trust the brakes again PLUS it was soo very tight my van could barely get through , the Caballero might not have made it even with an experienced driver there
Ken is supposed to sign up today for unemployment for 4 weeks and i guess we will go from there
i know a "migraine" SOUNDS better than a "stroke" but when the effects are the same , to me it is the same thing. my Kenny Joe will never be the same again
this morning he was afraid to try to walk back up the stairs after coming down to the bathroom
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Hey Deb....be sure to check out watermellon lowering BP...there is a thread here or just google it..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Hey Deb....be sure to check out watermellon lowering BP...there is a thread here or just google it..
thank you Lynn i just do not know what to do everything seems soo hopeless ya know??

Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes...I imagine they do...Deb...it's hard when everything hits you at once. Ken will be able to get unemployment though...and now he will be able to rest more and have more time to schedule doctor's app'ts.

As far as the children go...help where you can...but, don't kill yourself. They have sort of created their own problems...and unless they learn from that...it will only become a habit. Helping is one thing...enabling is another.

Offer what is comfortable for you...do not wait on them or provide more than you can afford...you will be amazed when things aren't handed to someone how they learn to figure things out for themselves.

I didn't even go to my prom...so, Steven can pretend he didn't go either...LOL

I am sitting here trying to find the words to help Steven become more socially acceptable and healthier...maybe that is all I need to say. We tend to make excuses for ourselves and our children...it is just human nature I guess. He has to want it for himself above all. We already know how smart he is.. He needs to use those smarts in other ways.

Concentrate on you and Ken getting him in the best shape he can be...and I pray the disability thing comes to fruition. He is a great putterer around the house and won't have any trouble keeping busy.

Love to you, Deb.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 05-05-2013 at 10:08 AM..
Old 05-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #127

thanks Lynn
Ashley called and said they are going to stay at her parents big surprise

i knew there ws something fishy about that house though how do kids who made 22000 last year qualify for a 93K house ya know? and i tried to leave it alone and here tey are ya know?? i do know Kenny said the other nigth he did NOT want to go back to her parents and he came out and said he and Ashley should not have gotten married at 19 they should have waited until they finished college and guess what?? i kept my mouth shut go me!
IDK about Steven when we were able to do HCg he did soo much better but since 2010 all heck has broke loose and he has retreated into "safe zone" here in his shell

still holding out that he will get a call for an interview soon i know we all need the money but more than that him being out in the world is what he needs
how is california today?? we are getting MAJOR rain BUT that means it cooled down soo
i baked a cake
Old 05-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

I think it's GOOD they are going to her parent's...they are partially (maybe more..lol) responsible for creating this situation. You really don't need them underfoot if at all possible...MIL's and DIL's should not live under the same roof..LOL

Actually, we are going to get rain...tonight into tomorrow at least..it seems a pretty sure thing this time...which should greatly benefit the wildfires...I passed a soccer field yesterday...and it was like they were playing on straw. It is dry as a bone here...and at times windy which makes it worse for the fires.

I haven't had cake...in..........years...but, I can still taste it in my mind..LOL
Old 05-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #129

ok what do you guys think of this?

do you think i should put the place? IF i can find a way to get it in a form big enough to take to be printed LOL
HP is being tricky only letting me print from home or them and not letting me save it in a jpg but i think once i download it it may be big enough

i bet it i going to be fuzzy UGH
Old 05-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #130

sigh never mind i can only get it to be 28 kg and that isn't big enough to take to print i gotta figure something out i really liked that one
wonder if i can get my printer to print ONE at 5x7 if i can scan it and it turn out good at walmart's print thing?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, that looks really good.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #132

hi ya Lucky! thanks i really like that one! well i changed the ink in the printer and found my photo paper soo i am going to see if it will print out good enough to make copie if not i will try to find another program to make one
i SOOO miss my older computer ,programs and PRINTER those old ones printed stuff better than anything
Old 05-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening All!

Whew! Another competition weekend over. Today has been a very long day. Dh woke me up at 4:00 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up at 5:15ish. We were supposed to leave around 7:00 -7:30 for competition anyway. I fixed a delicious pork loin last night and we sliced up the leftovers and took some along with some salted, boiled yukon gold potatoes, yogurts, homemade pretzels, waters, granola bars. They were running ahead again today which was fortunate for us as youngest was going to be very late for her last religion class and tonight was a test and party! We got there 20 minutes early instead. Her dances did well. They had a first place overall and a second place overall yesterday. So far all of her routines today scored Platinum ratings which are the highest. Another routine today took second and another fourth. She was very tired and said her leg hurt on the way out. I imagine she will be heading to bed early tonight. Shoot, I probably will, too. Perhaps right after The Amazing Race!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb, I really like the announcement you did for Steven! It looks great! I am sorry that he did not really have a good time last night. Prom is so highly overrated IMHO of course! Maybe you can motivate him to get back on the "healthy eating" wagon with the fact that he is going to college and college is a fresh start for everybody. Seriously, it is like you get the chance to reinvent yourself because nobody knows you. A clean, fresh slate and most everybody is/has been in the same boat. I was really shy in high school but in college I realized everybody was like me--they didn't know anybody either, so I figured what the heck, talk to people! Has he been assigned a roommate yet?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes...I imagine they do...Deb...it's hard when everything hits you at once. Ken will be able to get unemployment though...and now he will be able to rest more and have more time to schedule doctor's app'ts.

As far as the children go...help where you can...but, don't kill yourself. They have sort of created their own problems...and unless they learn from that...it will only become a habit. Helping is one thing...enabling is another.

Offer what is comfortable for you...do not wait on them or provide more than you can afford...you will be amazed when things aren't handed to someone how they learn to figure things out for themselves.

I didn't even go to my prom...so, Steven can pretend he didn't go either...LOL

I am sitting here trying to find the words to help Steven become more socially acceptable and healthier...maybe that is all I need to say. We tend to make excuses for ourselves and our children...it is just human nature I guess. He has to want it for himself above all. We already know how smart he is.. He needs to use those smarts in other ways.

Concentrate on you and Ken getting him in the best shape he can be...and I pray the disability thing comes to fruition. He is a great putterer around the house and won't have any trouble keeping busy.

Love to you, Deb.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Evening All!

Whew! Another competition weekend over. Today has been a very long day. Dh woke me up at 4:00 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up at 5:15ish. We were supposed to leave around 7:00 -7:30 for competition anyway. I fixed a delicious pork loin last night and we sliced up the leftovers and took some along with some salted, boiled yukon gold potatoes, yogurts, homemade pretzels, waters, granola bars. They were running ahead again today which was fortunate for us as youngest was going to be very late for her last religion class and tonight was a test and party! We got there 20 minutes early instead. Her dances did well. They had a first place overall and a second place overall yesterday. So far all of her routines today scored Platinum ratings which are the highest. Another routine today took second and another fourth. She was very tired and said her leg hurt on the way out. I imagine she will be heading to bed early tonight. Shoot, I probably will, too. Perhaps right after The Amazing Race!
i am orry baout her leg though! and all that food sounds soo good!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #137

Quote:
Deb, I really like the announcement you did for Steven! It looks great! I am sorry that he did not really have a good time last night. Prom is so highly overrated IMHO of course! Maybe you can motivate him to get back on the "healthy eating" wagon with the fact that he is going to college and college is a fresh start for everybody. Seriously, it is like you get the chance to reinvent yourself because nobody knows you. A clean, fresh slate and most everybody is/has been in the same boat. I was really shy in high school but in college I realized everybody was like me--they didn't know anybody either, so I figured what the heck, talk to people! Has he been assigned a roommate yet?
i have no idea about the roommate (OH i HOPE it is NO ONE from Whitley!) His orientation packet was supposed to come last week and it is not here yet i am going to call them again tomorrow Along with trying to get ken's gulf war registry exam set up and hopefully we will see if kens meds come and take back the tux and see if i can get these announcements printed up UGh and go to the store and i gotta go over the bills and checkbook just been putting it off KWIM?
i gotta gather the garbage too and take it off and Ken can't help me and IDK Kenny has to be OUT of that house by Wednesday

oh i WISH Steven would talk to people!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think it's GOOD they are going to her parent's...they are partially (maybe more..lol) responsible for creating this situation. You really don't need them underfoot if at all possible...MIL's and DIL's should not live under the same roof..LOL

Actually, we are going to get rain...tonight into tomorrow at least..it seems a pretty sure thing this time...which should greatly benefit the wildfires...I passed a soccer field yesterday...and it was like they were playing on straw. It is dry as a bone here...and at times windy which makes it worse for the fires.

I haven't had cake...in..........years...but, I can still taste it in my mind..LOL
True, true! Deb, your hands are full with Ken right now. Kenny and Ashley will have to deal with their problems and find solutions. You can be there to offer empathy, "Yes, I know your life stinks right now, but things will start looking up soon for you I am sure." that type of stuff. You can't do everything for everybody. Good for you for not saying anything when Kenny made the comment about perhaps it would have been a better idea to have waited to get married!!!!! I think you are a much better woman than I!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #139

NORMALLY i would have let loose but dang nab it all i EVER get to say is I TOLD YOU SO" and i told him that over and over about when they got married it was originally scheduled for June 2010(after he was to have graduated ITT TECH another thing i told him NOT to go to and he ended up quiting that) and they went ahead in 2009
soo ONCE in the last 10 year i held my tongue:
Old 05-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cinnamon Spice

I hope the rain really helps with those fires. They are on the news here too. And I do really feel for you on the dryness factor. We had that last year. We are wet right now although still 17" under the normal rainfall......
Old 05-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
NORMALLY i would have let loose but dang nab it all i EVER get to say is I TOLD YOU SO" and i told him that over and over about when they got married it was originally scheduled for June 2010(after he was to have graduated ITT TECH another thing i told him NOT to go to and he ended up quiting that) and they went ahead in 2009
soo ONCE in the last 10 year i held my tongue:
OMG, it is soooooo hard not to do the "I told you so" thing!!

Deb, I can't imagine all the paperwork hoops you may have to jump through with unemployment, disability, etc. But, if it helps to think of it as a "job".....I mean when you have gotten everything filed then you will get paid! First step, unemployment office, second step filing for SSI, third filing for military benefits. Or switch up second and third. I think all VAs have a Social Worker or Veterans Benefits person to help guide you through the paperwork. Try them as I believe it is free. They could save you lots of steps/headaches. Oh, and how about contacting your congressman/senator for help getting through to services at the VA?
Old 05-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A MONA sighting/posting!!!!Mona!! So sorry that you are still having BP issues!I pray they find a fix soon! How is the dh? His health improving?
Old 05-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #143

Quote:
OMG, it is soooooo hard not to do the "I told you so" thing!!

Deb, I can't imagine all the paperwork hoops you may have to jump through with unemployment, disability, etc. But, if it helps to think of it as a "job".....I mean when you have gotten everything filed then you will get paid! First step, unemployment office, second step filing for SSI, third filing for military benefits. Or switch up second and third. I think all VAs have a Social Worker or Veterans Benefits person to help guide you through the paperwork. Try them as I believe it is free. They could save you lots of steps/headaches. Oh, and how about contacting your congressman/senator for help getting through to services at the VA?
the congressman's office is who told Ken how to get on the gulf war registry

we have been asking and asking for YEARS how to do it and no info Heather at the congressman's office says she would be very happy to help get his VA disability upped but it would be much easier if that was on record first step bu=y step i guess
i did his unemployment thing today and the website said he can't file for his first check until the 21st going to be tight but i need to get used to it
Old 05-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #144

Dang nab WHY did my youngun NOT ask hi friend Kendra to the Prom?(she has her licence!) they could have gone jut as friends!

she was by herself too my kid is crazy!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #145

missing everyone
Old 05-06-2013, 04:38 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Monday morning all.......
It was a fun filled weekend.
We got snowed on as soon as we hit the Mo. boarder!!
Hi to Mona!! I understand prayers are to go out to Deb for Ken. Deb..I hope you have some better news for us today.
I have the grand babies here to it will be a busy Monday.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #147

Good morning.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Morning Sue and Chewie
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #149

Hi Mona and Sue.

KC--congrats to your dd. You had a long day yesterday.

Deb--loved the grad announcement. Good luck getting all your paperwork submitted for Ken. Just take it one thing at a time. Don't get overwhelmed.

Mona--maybe it's time to have a heart-to-heart chat with your dh about his health/etc. I would not be able to do what you do without making snarky comments. You are a better woman than me.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Deb....I just now saw your announcements you made. I hope they turn out for you because they look great!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote