LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Wow, Chewie, that is over 15 pounds a month. You rock.
Thanks. I was happy with it but then I thought about the number of weeks and it really only comes out to less than 2 pounds a week. That was disappointing but I can't think like that. That's my mother and her negativity that's in my head thinking.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #92

Quote:
KC, sorry about your roses. I wanted to bring plants in last night, but my husband convinced me it woulnd't frost if it rained all night.
My dh just bought 2 climbing vine plants and 2 lilacs(my favorite) the other day. I had ds14 move them onto the screenporch yesterday. I'm so glad I did. It is so cold and that snow and ice is terrible. My mil already planted her garden--tomatoes, cukes. I don't know if they'll make it.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Thanks. I was happy with it but then I thought about the number of weeks and it really only comes out to less than 2 pounds a week. That was disappointing but I can't think like that. That's my mother and her negativity that's in my head thinking.
ummm...I don't think your math is quite right?...but, I am HORRIBLE in math..so,...lol...congrats!
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #94

Lynn--it's 22 weeks. 76 divided by 22 is 3.4 so I guess you are right. Wow, thanks. That makes me feel much better. LOL So obviously I'm the sillyhead here.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Lynn--it's 22 weeks. 76 divided by 22 is 3.4 so I guess you are right. Wow, thanks. That makes me feel much better. LOL So obviously I'm the sillyhead here.
LOL..I can't believe I noticed a math related error... Happy I made you happy...that makes a lot more sense too...and is quite incredible!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

By the way...lilacs are one of the things I miss from back there..they don't have them here...Pacific makes a lilac soap to die for...I don't even use it..just put it on my desk and smell it...takes me back...(I had one in my yard)...first ***** willows..then forsythia...then lilacs....not to mention crocuses...crocci?...LOL...daffodills...narcissis? ..jeepers..I can't spell today...peonies...that will take you through June..lol...oh yes and pansies..and tulips..

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 05-03-2013 at 07:50 AM..
Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Huh...LOL...well you know what I meant..the little fuzzy things...LOL
Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, I am glad Lynn pointed out your math mistake. I wanted to, but didn't know how you would take it.

Lynn, I have lots of lilacs, but they are still at my old house. My son wants to change some fencing and called to see if I wanted him to dig some up with the trencher to transplant to the new house. If it had been in person, I would have kissed him.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #99

Lynn---I have been missing my lilacs from the north since we moved which will be 9 years in June. Dh finally bought me 2 that are called "ever" blooming. He said they bloom twice a year. I hope they do well and get big. I had giant lilacs in CT and loved them so much. Forsynthias grow here but not great. I have some in my yard. I had tons in CT--they were a fence in my yard.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #100

Quote:
Chewie, I am glad Lynn pointed out your math mistake. I wanted to, but didn't know how you would take it.

Lynn, I have lots of lilacs, but they are still at my old house. My son wants to change some fencing and called to see if I wanted him to dig some up with the trencher to transplant to the new house. If it had been in person, I would have kissed him.
I appreciate constuctive criticism so never be concerned about that. Honesty is always the best policy imho. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
My dh just bought 2 climbing vine plants and 2 lilacs(my favorite) the other day. I had ds14 move them onto the screenporch yesterday. I'm so glad I did. It is so cold and that snow and ice is terrible. My mil already planted her garden--tomatoes, cukes. I don't know if they'll make it.
Wish I could have brought mine in but they are planted in a berm where they have been for the last 4-5 years. LOL They are over 5 ft tall. I saw where my clematis was leafing out earlier this week. Other folks in the neighborhood had lilacs blooming mine haven't begun yet so I should be ok. My weigela also do not have blooms yet, the crabapple tree yes. We really were not supposed to get below 32 last night so everything should be ok. We also had about 3".
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

One thing I discovered..which is too late to tell you for this year...but, in February...go out and pick some forsythia...put in a clear glass vase in a sunny window...I did this every two weeks...they bloom really fast and makes spring seem a little bit longer and a little closer... Pick the ones who's buds are the biggest....(is that whose or who's...LOL)
Old 05-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Wish I could have brought mine in but they are planted in a berm where they have been for the last 4-5 years. LOL They are over 5 ft tall. I saw where my clematis was leafing out earlier this week. Other folks in the neighborhood had lilacs blooming mine haven't begun yet so I should be ok. My weigela also do not have blooms yet, the crabapple tree yes. We really were not supposed to get below 32 last night so everything should be ok. We also had about 3".
If they are already established, they should be fine.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
One thing I discovered..which is too late to tell you for this year...but, in February...go out and pick some forsythia...put in a clear glass vase in a sunny window...I did this every two weeks...they bloom really fast and makes spring seem a little bit longer and a little closer... Pick the ones who's buds are the biggest....(is that whose or who's...LOL)
Cool, I'll try this next year.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #105

WATER CALL
As soon as I finish this cup of water, I'll be at 63 ounces not including coffee.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #106

I am not feeling great today. I had dh bring me an aleve as I have a headache and now my stupid stomach feels bleck!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
If they are already established, they should be fine.
Yes, except for the branches that the snow broke.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #108

Free today: 101 Best Slow Cooker Recipes: No Mess, No Hassle, No Worries - The Perfect Way To A Perfect Meal [Kindle Edition]
Old 05-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #109

Also free: the ketogenic diet
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I am not feeling great today. I had dh bring me an aleve as I have a headache and now my stupid stomach feels bleck!
Sorry you are not feeling tiptop today...I know how that goes...I have polymyalgia...it is not fun...over three years now...I try to really appreciate the good days..and I know you do too...
Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #111

Just got the list of sale foods up north. Guess I'm headed up there today. We need more of those wings--they are just so good and easy. Plus today they have 20 lbs of parmesan chicken breast for ony $18 and 20 lbs of fully cooked ckn portions for $15. The wings I love are 20 lbs for $18 too. Oh well, maybe I'll feel better after I eat lunch. I can hope.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #112

Going home now. Have a good afternoon.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #113

And now I'm home and no one has checked in. I went and got the wings. The precooked chicken was breaded so I didn't buy it. I did get some breaded chicken patties though---the boys and their friends love them and you get a giant 3 lb pack for $6. I also got 10 lbs of bacon for $22 and that's all. Then I stopped at 2 consignment stores, found a 3/4 sleeve hoodie that will be great for in the house when I get chilled for $1.49 and a pretty lightweight dress cardigan plus 2 Nike shirts for the boys and I only paid $10 for those 3 things. Now I'm home. I'm tired and glad to be here. I just threw in a load of laundry and did all the dishes.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #114

And hi again, it's me talking to me.LOL Laundry is drying. Made fresh coleslaw==had a head of cabbage to use up, fresh carrots and celery===thank goodness for a food processor. Slicing by hand would not have been fun. I shredded all that bbq chicken I made the other day and added some different spices and sauces, a little honey and stuff. I also made that new grain free focaccia recipe that's all the rage in the recipe forum. It looks awesome. So tonight will be bbq ckicken sandwiches with coleslaw. Next is doing my bike. Let's hope the batteries are all it needed.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #115

Good morning. Wow, last to post yesterday and first today. Raining here and cold, only 38. I have the fireplace on and am so thankful to have it.

My May goal is to exercise all 31 days for a minimum of 30 minutes. I can do it, right? So far, I did 45 minutes, 30 minutes and 40 minutes. Acccckkk
Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello All!

It is wet and chilly here as well, Chewie. We are headed out to go to downtown KC for a dance competition for youngest. She has two of her dance routines to perform today and 4 tomorrow so my weekend is not too much fun. LOL

Deb, what is the news on Ken?
Old 05-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #117

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Oh, yay, Deb!!! Where is the Zoo?

So, do they do Senior pranks there? My son texted me this afternoon to tell me that 100 seniors got an OSS today. They decided to go and jump in the pool after lunch. Seems like a very lame prank to me and a bit of an overreaction by administration but......
they don't do Senior ANYTHING here or the school system will keep your diploma from you
plus i don't think Steven would be involved anyways he would never know what the other kids were doing
i saw pics today of the other kids in drama being teenagers ya know? and he is just here on the couch and i could NOT get him to go the the coffee shop when i knew about 2 meetings they had there and he was for sure invited one of the times i heard the other drama kids tell him aboutit
sounds like that school overreacted too
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #118

soo IDK where to start
took Ken to VA dc yesterday
they rushed him in even ahead of others when i told them symptoms and was a fraid he had a stroke nurse scared so bad she hooked him up to EKG right away that was fine. than his BP was through the roof
get in to see doc and Dr pullen was CONVINCED he had a bad stroke did a through exam and looked at me in a pitying away and just nodded yes they rushed him into a CT scan and to the ultrasound room
CT came back Clear atreries in his neck came back clear he does have double carotid arteries on the right side GENIC ANOMOLY
doctor said "I have no IDEA what happened to you" kept looking and looking and siad I believ it might be a hemmoragic migraine and he is trying to get him scheduled foran MRI but that will have to be in Johnson City and WHo knows when that will happen
he then put him through an xray of his eyes and a bunch of blood tests told him he would overnight him some medications for that type of mirgraine and we came home
on outr way home Kenny calls and they have to be out of their house by Wed and they have no where to go and no place to put their stuff they are down to thier last tiny bit of money IDK Stress is killing me
ken is still very weak very unsteady the doctor ordered him a cane and gave it to him right there and that has helped some
the medicine DID not come today what DID come was his regular refills soo at least 2 more wastedc days and who knows what further damage??
the doctor said he may NEVER improve from this
WTH did not the ER doctor help him some?? Dr pullen was upset about that too yeah muscle relaxers and a rectal exam for stroke like symptoms he said she examined the wrong end!
i do not know how much i can be around the next little while guys
OH and tonight is Steven's prom and i wanted pics today and he would not smile or pose or ANYTHING for us there was another boy at the same park taking prom pics for his parents about the time we finished up and he smiled posed Etc and that just made me feel worse
Old 05-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #119

this pic turned out almost good does anyone have any photoshop skills that could get rid of the electrical thingie behind him?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
He looks good, Deb. Hoping they find something about Ken.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote