Old 05-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Deb - are you making a list of things you have observed with Ken? Make yourself a copy - and tell them to put one in his file, just so there is no misunderstandings about what you see happening. Do you go in with Ken when he sees the doc? Sometimes these guys won't speak up (doc knows best etc). We women are much more verbal about explaining things I think. I hope you get a good doc tomorrow - one that really sees/hears what you and Ken say. I hate this for you so much.

Now - what kind of celebration shall we have when you hit the big 50,000 post..........that is something else. Lynn is so right - you are such a help for everyone you know on these threads. Always willing to search for something, post pictures, videos. Everyone - put on your thinking caps................I can't do icons on here - I'm a real nerd when it comes to computers. Amazing that I can find my way back on here.

Hugs Deb...........Linda

Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Deb - are you making a list of things you have observed with Ken? Make yourself a copy - and tell them to put one in his file, just so there is no misunderstandings about what you see happening. Do you go in with Ken when he sees the doc? Sometimes these guys won't speak up (doc knows best etc). We women are much more verbal about explaining things I think. I hope you get a good doc tomorrow - one that really sees/hears what you and Ken say. I hate this for you so much.

Now - what kind of celebration shall we have when you hit the big 50,000 post..........that is something else. Lynn is so right - you are such a help for everyone you know on these threads. Always willing to search for something, post pictures, videos. Everyone - put on your thinking caps................I can't do icons on here - I'm a real nerd when it comes to computers. Amazing that I can find my way back on here.

Hugs Deb...........Linda
thank you soo much linda brought a tear to my eye

i am gettign a list together right now to take tomorrow and am goong in with him
had another incident getting Steven from school and going to take him to walmart to check on his application. there are 2 normal lanes and a turn lane i was in the regular lane next to the turn lane and cars on both sides of me and none in front of me
SCARED Ken to death!!! he swears i was going to hit the truck that was to the SIDE of me like i was driving BEHIND it ya know?? (i am bad at explaining) like he was seeing the truck in a different place than it was and yeah the truck was to the right of us (and slightly ahead in it's own lane)and he was in the passenger seat
good grief is he not going to be able to drive from this??

on a little better note when steven talked to the lady in walmart this time he came out hopeful that he might be called soon
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #63

oh i love slaw but JUST the way you described it LOL i saw one somewhere for a hot and spicy one let me see if i can find it
Old 05-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #64

i think this is it i have not tried it but it sure sounds different!

Hot and Sour Slaw

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Servings: 6
"This is hot and this is sour, but it 's also fabulous. Lots and lots of taste sensations - fresh ginger to chili paste. And the bok choy, used instead of traditional cabbage is wonderful. Serves six."
INGREDIENTS:
1 medium head bok choy, shredded
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
3/4 cup cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine bok choy, red bell pepper, and scallions in a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together red pepper flakes (or chile paste), mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt, and oil.
3. Pour this spicy dressing over the chopped vegetables, and toss well. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then toss again. Taste salad, and add more chile paste, salt, or sugar to taste before serving.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #65

Quick and Easy Thai Style Coleslaw

Rated:
Submitted By: TOPROCKMAN
Photo By: FOODCHICK23
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 3 Hours 5 Minutes
Servings: 8
"This recipe is incredibly easy. A coleslaw with a sweet and tangy blend of Asian flavors. Takes about 5 minutes to make! Make it early in the afternoon, and it will be a great with dinner. Refreshing and delicious - an ideal summer side dish!"
INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 ounce) package shredded
coleslaw mix
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS:
1. Pour the coleslaw mix into a large bowl. Pour in the lime juice, rice vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, honey, and peanuts. Stir until well blended. If you have a bowl with a lid, put the lid on and shake thoroughly. Taste, and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for a few hours, stirring or shaking occasionally, to allow the flavors to blend before serving.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #66

this one made my stomach growl reading it!
Sauerkraut Salad

Rated:
Submitted By: mama_wolfe
Photo By: MBKRH
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 13 Hours 40 Minutes
Servings: 4
"Sauerkraut is cooked in a sweet vinegar bath with onion, celery, bell pepper and pimento. Just after it comes to a boil, the pan is slipped from the heat and the sauerkraut mixture is left to marinate over night."
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1 cup white sugar
1 (20 ounce) can
sauerkraut
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green bell
pepper
2 ounces pimento
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a saucepan combine the salt, vinegar, caraway seeds and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the sauerkraut, onion, celery, pepper and pimento. Remove from heat and let marinate overnight before serving.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hello All

I am still here! I just have been so swamped with studying for midterms and this week I am taking them. I still have one more to go and I am saving it for Saturday because today my brain feels fried and tomorrow I work...so Saturday it is.

I've been quite busy with that. In addition, last Saturday I decided to bag up all clothes that we don't really wear and take them down stairs to sort them out. A pile for New-To-You (a second hand store that will allow me to resell them), a stack for goodwill and a throw away stack. What I didn't count on was getting NINE large black garbage bags worth of clothes Its Thursday and I am still going through them inbetween mid-term studies, the usual household stuff..etc. Good news...I am down to the last 2 bags! And realistically I only kept maybe a half a bag worth...everything else is just waiting on me to finish to get it out of here.

I hope everyone is well. My low carb is going ok. Just down 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks but I'll take it. Its better than nothing. I'm not sure what has got me so slowed down. Although I've noticed...I've been SOOOOOOO thirsty lately. Doesn't seem to matter what I drink...still dying of thirst. Not sure why.

Anyway...I better get back to it. I just wanted to say I am still here and I have not fallen off the bandwagon (again) LOL

>>Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #68

HOWDY ANNETT! i hope you get good prices on those that will help!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #69

STEVEN MADE AN A ON HIS COLLEGE FINAL AND AN A IN THE WWHOLE BIO CLASS WHOOHOO!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #70

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Congrats to Steven!!!!!!!!!!! Finally you have some GREAT news!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #71

So I was doing my bike, moved the seat up to try and not get that numbness, and it died on me at 17 minutes. It just started back to zero. So I did another 13 minutes and it did it again. I'm done. No, I didn't get my 45 minutes in but at least I did 30. I'm pissed. It probably just needs new batteries per the manual---I hope that is all it needs. Dh said he'll check it out when he gets home. GRRRRRRRR

And it's cold and it's raining and I don't want to cook dinner tonight. I think it's going to be bbq chicken wraps with coleslaw or salad or leftover pork. FFO---fend for yourself. I'm just so annoyed.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Well, it is snowing! Snowing!!!! Has been for the last hour or so. Lots of big fat wet flakes. Expected accumulation 1-4". A very crazy spring.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Hello All

I am still here! I just have been so swamped with studying for midterms and this week I am taking them. I still have one more to go and I am saving it for Saturday because today my brain feels fried and tomorrow I work...so Saturday it is.

I've been quite busy with that. In addition, last Saturday I decided to bag up all clothes that we don't really wear and take them down stairs to sort them out. A pile for New-To-You (a second hand store that will allow me to resell them), a stack for goodwill and a throw away stack. What I didn't count on was getting NINE large black garbage bags worth of clothes Its Thursday and I am still going through them inbetween mid-term studies, the usual household stuff..etc. Good news...I am down to the last 2 bags! And realistically I only kept maybe a half a bag worth...everything else is just waiting on me to finish to get it out of here.

I hope everyone is well. My low carb is going ok. Just down 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks but I'll take it. Its better than nothing. I'm not sure what has got me so slowed down. Although I've noticed...I've been SOOOOOOO thirsty lately. Doesn't seem to matter what I drink...still dying of thirst. Not sure why.

Anyway...I better get back to it. I just wanted to say I am still here and I have not fallen off the bandwagon (again) LOL

>>Annett
Good luck with all those tests, Annett!!! Congrats on the 2 lb loss. You can concentrate more on the weight after those finals. Good luck on selling your clothing items!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
STEVEN MADE AN A ON HIS COLLEGE FINAL AND AN A IN THE WWHOLE BIO CLASS WHOOHOO!!!
Yay, Steven!!! Awesome!! Very good news for all of you.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, you keep that snow in your area. Don't send any of it East. My flowers do not want it.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Congrats to Steven!!!!!!!!!!! Finally you have some GREAT news!
I KNOW! i don't know how to REACT! AND he had a field trip to the zoo today and get this HE ACTUALLY HAD A GOOD TIME
i am tickled to death!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, it is snowing! Snowing!!!! Has been for the last hour or so. Lots of big fat wet flakes. Expected accumulation 1-4". A very crazy spring.
i am soo jealous! HEAT here like crazy! but yeah supposed to rain on prom night saturday UGH
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #78

Chewie i bet it is just the batteries WTG on riding it!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
KC, you keep that snow in your area. Don't send any of it East. My flowers do not want it.

Ha! I make no promises I did take the broom and go outside my front door to try to shake loose as much snow as possible off of one of the branches on my Crabapple tree as it was hanging very low across the front sidewalk. I don't want to lose the branch. Hoping we won't lose a lot of trees with this late and heavy, wet snow.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I KNOW! i don't know how to REACT! AND he had a field trip to the zoo today and get this HE ACTUALLY HAD A GOOD TIME
i am tickled to death!
Oh, yay, Deb!!! Where is the Zoo?

So, do they do Senior pranks there? My son texted me this afternoon to tell me that 100 seniors got an OSS today. They decided to go and jump in the pool after lunch. Seems like a very lame prank to me and a bit of an overreaction by administration but......
Old 05-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
this one made my stomach growl reading it!
Sauerkraut Salad

Rated:
Submitted By: mama_wolfe
Photo By: MBKRH
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 13 Hours 40 Minutes
Servings: 4
"Sauerkraut is cooked in a sweet vinegar bath with onion, celery, bell pepper and pimento. Just after it comes to a boil, the pan is slipped from the heat and the sauerkraut mixture is left to marinate over night."
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1 cup white sugar
1 (20 ounce) can
sauerkraut
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green bell
pepper
2 ounces pimento
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a saucepan combine the salt, vinegar, caraway seeds and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the sauerkraut, onion, celery, pepper and pimento. Remove from heat and let marinate overnight before serving.
My sis makes this one. It is really good!!! Keeps well in the fridge also.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Oh, yay, Deb!!! Where is the Zoo?

So, do they do Senior pranks there? My son texted me this afternoon to tell me that 100 seniors got an OSS today. They decided to go and jump in the pool after lunch. Seems like a very lame prank to me and a bit of an overreaction by administration but......
I'm so glad Steven had a good time!!!!

kcmama, If that is the worse senior prank they came up with then I say go for it!!! It's graduation time!!! Crazy and fun times!!!!!

kcmama.....PLEASE keep the snow north of Springfield. We are heading that way in the morning for the weekend. Tomorrow is DD's symposium and Sat. morning is graduation. NO SNOW please!!!

Everyone have a nice evening and a good weekend. I won't be back till Sunday evening.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
That is awesome, Deb..what a smartypants...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Deb...did you see the thread about watermellon lowing high blood pressure?
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Everybody!!

Well, streets and sidewalks are clear. Snow on grassy areas, roofs, cars, trees. Looks like I have lost a couple of branches off my knockout roses from the wet snow. Amazing that I didn't lose them before now really as they were bent over 2 or 3 times this year already from heavy snows earlier in the winter. I guess this little snowfall was the proverbial "last straw". My poor roses. Now when it warms up I shall have to go outside and prune all 3 of my rosebushes. That will be a thorny affair. Temps warm up a bit today so we will have rain.

Deb, good luck at the VA. Praying for a good doctor. Can you go to get a social worker or advocate at the VA? Have a safe trip there and back.

Pansies, what slaw did you make?

Chewie, how is your leg/numbness today?

Sue, have a safe trip and a great time. I think you will escape the snow.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #86

Good morning. TGIF I think it's April fool's day---we got about 3 inches of snow. First time ever in May for Arkansas. LOL It's going to be only in the 30s and 40s today and tomorrow. Winds are crazy. We lost power 3 times during the night. First time, I got up and reset my clock/alarm. Then waited till last time and did it again. I got up by myself at 6:10. Took ds14 to school, didn't let him drive though----bridges are not safe--then cleaned the kitchen. We ordered pizza last night as ds18 had the night off and one of his buddies is home from college and stayed over. It was fair/poor. It was from pizza hut and I actually prefer Papa Murphy's. LOL DS said I'm a traitor as he doens't work there anymore.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #87

Dh put new batteries in my bike. I hope that fixes the problem.

KC--I didn't have the numbness yesterday but only did 30 minutes not 45. Plus I moved the seat up so maybe that will help? I don't know.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #88

Today is my 5 month surgiversary---lol. I am down 76 pounds.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Chewie, that is over 15 pounds a month. You rock.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

KC, sorry about your roses. I wanted to bring plants in last night, but my husband convinced me it woulnd't frost if it rained all night.