Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Sue, it sure sounds good. I have never been able to make an oven fried chicken I like, but I keep trying.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Chris.......good job on losing another 5 lb. Did you say that your wife is also on board with the l/c eating? Hope by now your feet are well rested - concrete is not fun for the feet that's for sure. What kind of exercising were you planning on anyway? Good to see you posting too.

Linda
thanks! My wife is counting calories and has a personal trainer. But we are basically on the same page. I cook her some stuff a little different than what I eat but I'm not tempted by anything she eats... mostly! My plan for excercise will be to get back to using our treadmill and stationary bike again. What I have done in the past is to ride the bike 15-30 min then hop on the treadmill trying to do around a 15-20 min mile. I usually do this while listening to music and change the intensity back and forth after every song. I start slow walk to warm up with the first song, second song I speed it up as far as I can handle then next song slow again. I go back and forth till I reach a mile.
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #483
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Yesterday went well LONG and tiring and we forgot some things Ken was suffering all day but Steven is registered for his classes for the fall and i believe he will be in the NOV A dorm LOL he texted"THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE ME BE SOCIAL!" i think that will be good for him!
a girl he knew from HS (she changed school for her senior year) was there and she is in the NOVA program too and will be in the same dorm so at least he will know someone nice her Mom told Steven if he needed a ride anywhere to let Allison know she was bringing her car LOL

HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds good Deb.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
That sounds encouraging and exciting for Steven Deb!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Finally here. It's been a long day. I spend every Thursday with my oldest sister. We get our hair done, have lunch and shop or just go to one of the houses and talk. I told her what I was doing and she started with me today! Yay! She is like me and really needs to lose weight. It is affecting her health.
My best friend has also started Atkins so it will be so much easier to do with them eating this way too.

B-2 egg and 1/4 c. cheese omelet, 4 sl. bacon
L- (buffet) Baked chicken, cabbage, turnip greens, green beans, lg. salad w/cukes and
tomato
D- 1 muffin w/1 T. cream cheese. ( That's really all I can eat since I had a HUGE lunch

Sue- Thanks so much for the bread recipe. Do you know how many carbs are in it? I
love to have a pretend sandwich! Can I eat it on Induction?

deb- I know you are happy to have all that settled. It sure helps to ease the mind.

Chris- Sounds like you and wifey have a great system and it's working for you!

Linda- I buy 2 carb a scoop protein powder in a smaller can at Kroger for 14.99. Don't
guess I can post the brand. It's abt. size of smaller coffee can.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
oncloud9now2 Thats great that your sister has joined you on Atkins...I think that will help alot!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Lovely. Our family vacations together too so that will be a big help then.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Chris - I am impressed with your exercise routine - bike riding and the treadmill. This sure will help lose those pounds. I can't exercise that much - walking is about it - and not that much of it. Hope your feet are feeling lots better today.

Sue - thanks for posting the recipes. I need to make some meatloaf - sounds so good. What do you use as a binding agent? I made some ketchup (l/c) and put a little stevia and mustard - love the bbq flavoring it gives - not to mention that sweet taste. Making myself drool just thinking about it.

Deb - what great news - Steven's registered. I got a real chuckle out of his "they're going to make me be social", so darn cute. Do they have a good drama department that he will be able to take advantage of? He really seems to come out of his shell when he's acting. I hope they do.

Oncloud - you are very lucky to have your sister be on board with l/cing. That's so nice that you take a day each week to get together and just do things.

Accountability for today:

b - special K breakfast sand
1oz of seed/nut mix (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, pine nuts)
l - left over chicken breast from last night's dinner and brussel sprouts
d - beef stir fry with red peppers/on/mushrooms
snack - 8 fresh cherries
sigh.............and a little piece of dh's b-day angel food cake.............

and now I'm chewing really strong peppermint gum to curb the evening munchies...........so far, so good.

Tomorrow is Friday - and then the long weekend................I think I need to put blinders on - think it would help? Or lock the doors to the pantry/kitchen? I will be strong, i will be strong, etc.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Finally here. It's been a long day. I spend every Thursday with my oldest sister. We get our hair done, have lunch and shop or just go to one of the houses and talk. I told her what I was doing and she started with me today! Yay! She is like me and really needs to lose weight. It is affecting her health.
My best friend has also started Atkins so it will be so much easier to do with them eating this way too.
oh that sounds like soo much fun!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #491

Linda i am sorry i didn't answer about the soup earlier
i decided ti try it because i had all the ingredients on hand and i was doing a pantry challenge i am glad i did it was good
new med doesn't seem to be helping Ken at all he is hurting more and more and can't sleep
we are going to go mow and Steven is going to make the rounds of the fast food places again today trying to get a job he will be 18 on june 10 and IDK if i will have ANYTHING for him for his birthday
ken was supposed to go back to work monday but that isn;t going to happen when his sick hours run out IDK what we are going to do
Kenny and Ashley came by for a little while last night was good to see them i think they will be moving in this weekend to the apt in knoxville
kenny mentioned maybe a summer job for steven there(where he is working) but he would have to stay with them IDK if my chubby kid could do what the job he might b=get requires HOT factory assembly line work but if we can't find something local and Kenny wasn't just pipe dreaming it would be a good way for him to have college money and pay for his own cell he could make enough to pay for it for the year in 6 weeks
Kenny has only had his job(a/c ed officeLOL) for a week so it is all probably just blowing smoke
Old 05-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #492

Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 AM   #493
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Linda i am sorry i didn't answer about the soup earlier
i decided ti try it because i had all the ingredients on hand and i was doing a pantry challenge i am glad i did it was good
new med doesn't seem to be helping Ken at all he is hurting more and more and can't sleep
we are going to go mow and Steven is going to make the rounds of the fast food places again today trying to get a job he will be 18 on june 10 and IDK if i will have ANYTHING for him for his birthday
ken was supposed to go back to work monday but that isn;t going to happen when his sick hours run out IDK what we are going to do
Kenny and Ashley came by for a little while last night was good to see them i think they will be moving in this weekend to the apt in knoxville
kenny mentioned maybe a summer job for steven there(where he is working) but he would have to stay with them IDK if my chubby kid could do what the job he might b=get requires HOT factory assembly line work but if we can't find something local and Kenny wasn't just pipe dreaming it would be a good way for him to have college money and pay for his own cell he could make enough to pay for it for the year in 6 weeks
Kenny has only had his job(a/c ed officeLOL) for a week so it is all probably just blowing smoke
Geez Deb..first you couldn't wake him up and now he can't sleep...how many meds is he on...?...does the doctor know about all of them?

How about an ad at say the public library...for something like house/pettsitting...instead of people having their pets boarded...he could advertize on a little business card that he will house/petsit...I did this for quite a while..sporatic..but, better than nothing and it might be a good time of year for it...I know you live in a much different area than me though...he could use the bulletin board at the library..and if you have a local paper..put an add in under pets...what do you think?

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jan....I do not have the count on the bread. Sorry.....I have never been really good about tracking that. It shouldn't be hardly any. It is mainly just eggs. Hopefully next week I may have some time to make some. I always make a double batch and keep them in the fridge at this time of year.
Linda....I didn't put anything in to bind the meat loaf. I have been told you can use pork rinds. I just used beef, catsup, worchester (misspelled) sauce, bell peppers, onions, salt and pepper. For the top I used a small amount of BBQ sauce. It held together just fine. It tasted really yummy.

We had tornados around here last evening and they say to expect them again today. Hopefully tomorrow we will be clear of them finally!!!

Deb...If Steven gets on at Kenny's work place it could be good for him. Last summer when I gave tours it was rough on me. Lots of walking up and down stairs all day, in and out of the heat, but at the end of the summer I was down 30+ pounds!!! I felt so much better then. Physically and mentally. I bet he would also.
Cloud 9....(give me time and I won't forget your name)....that is great that your sister is going to do this with you also. It is so much better having a buddy to do it with!!! Have her join us here!

Yesterday I saw these recipes for salads that called for chick peas so I made one. I really enjoyed it with the chicken last evening. The chicken recipe I put on here turned out yummy!!
B- 2 eggs, sausage patty, coffee
S-Atkins shake (if needed)
L-Left over chick pea salad, cottage cheese, lettuce salad with cheese
S-Pepperoni chips, boiled egg
D-turkey patty, gr. beans, 1/2 small baked pot.
S- Hopefully I won't need one. If I do it will be 1/2 apple with a touch of PB.
Happy Friday to all!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #495
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning SuzyQ......my mother used to say SuzyQ...or someone did when I was a kid..lol....I love chickpeas...used to buy the organic ones by the case from the place that starts with A...and made my own hummus...problem is I just liked it tooooooooo much..LOL
Old 05-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Morning friends! Rude awakening this morning when I was up 1 lb. on the scales. It didn't really bother me though since I know the score. Well, when I got out my medications box I noticed I had forgotten to take it yesterday! With my kidneys as they are, I know now why I was up. I take 40mg. Lasik to help empty bladder so ....water weight.
I had my usual B- 2egg omelet w/ 1/4 c. cheese and 4 sl. bacon.

deb- so sorry about all the problems you are having right now. I think most of us have been thru similar situations(at least I have) and it's hard. I am praying for things to get better for you and your family. Please keep posting and let us keep up with what's going on. It helps to share. You're right, it was so much fun being with my sister. She is 76 yrs. and I want to spend as much time with her as possible. I know if she can follow through with this WOE, her health will improve.

I'll be back later to post the rest of menu when I decide what it will be.?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #497
Big Yapper!!!!

I copied the chicken pic...and sent it to DBF...as I have a chicken pic from Key West that looks exactly like him...and the cockadoodling dooing..was quite prevalent there...I put your pic and the pic of the chick I had and sent them together...oddly the picture of my rooster was outside a coffee house...LOL
Old 05-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

I use parmesan cheese to bind my meatloaf.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Morning SuzyQ......my mother used to say SuzyQ...or someone did when I was a kid..lol....I love chickpeas...used to buy the organic ones by the case from the place that starts with A...and made my own hummus...problem is I just liked it tooooooooo much..LOL
Well I like it "pretty" good but not like I like a good dip such as creamy French Onion! I thought this would be a good replacement. I like it but I won't be licking the container!! LOL I was Susie Q to a lot when I was young and even today to some. My dad used to always call me Susie. My name is Linda Sue but I never went by Linda. I just never cared for it and didn't feel it fit me.

lucky....my favorite cheese is parmesan cheese.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Good idea lucky!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #501

soo once again everyone is "not hiring right now" with every rejection i could se e Steven's esteem get lower and lower
did not help things when he came home and got on FB and a girl he was in drama with just got a theatre assistant job at Cumberland UGH
Ken had a really hard time while we were over mowing the pain on his face is terrible to see he is asleep in the recliner now
Lynn very few people around here would go for the petsitting thing most are just let fend for themselves very rural thank you for the suggestion though
Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry deb! That just seems to be the state of things. Wish economy would pick up.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #503

i can not stop crying all of this stuff is wwearing me down
Old 05-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

i can not stop crying all of this stuff is wwearing me down
Aw Deb. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time of it. I think of you so often, hoping and praying things will get easier. Just remember - you have lots of friends here that think you're a pretty special lady. I know you know that - but - it bears repeating - we appreciate your pictures, info you find for us - so many things.

big HUGS, Linda
Old 05-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Lucky and Sue - think I'm going to try parm cheese in my meatloaf - but I'm wondering now - do you use an egg too? It's been a long time since I made meatloaf - dh only likes it in sandwiches the next day.

Being accountable.............

b - special K breakfast sandwich
l - left over chicken breast - and the last of the brussel sprouts.........
snack - 1 oz walnuts
d - hamburger steak (sounds better than a patty) moz cheese and mushrooms
cantaloupe
8 fresh cherries

Once again chewing really strong peppermint gum to ward off the evening munchies.

Linda
Old 05-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Just remembered - didn't Chewie say she's leaving for vacation tomorrow till next Sat? Have a great time Chewie. If I remember correctly, last year you were really upset at missing so much fun. This is going to be huge for you this year - 80+ lbs gone..........Have a terrific time..............

Linda
Old 05-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

Oncloud and Lovely - hope you had a good day eating wise too..............The weekend is always hard for me. Need to get a plan and stick to it so I don't go overboard on eating.

It's been so hot and humid here..............Sue - watch out for those tornadoes...............too scary. Everyone in the weather's path - stay safe.

Linda
Old 05-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #508

HOWDY LINDA!
i just realized it is time for a new thread
i forgot did you ever say if you had facebook or not??

gotta think of a new name for June and heck as low as i am feeling today that might not be creative much
Old 05-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #509

yeah i think Chewie leaves tomorrow! i remember when i was down and able to walk and fit in the rides and it was soo much fun!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #510

300+ Support Group- Summer Is Here June 2013