Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Wow - oh boy - It's LONY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well gal - tell us what you've been up to. Love your new picture too............so - spill lady - we've been missing you.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #452
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Wow - oh boy - It's LONY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well gal - tell us what you've been up to. Love your new picture too............so - spill lady - we've been missing you.

Linda
Oh you know, same ole same ole. Living the spoiled life hahaha Things have just been busy. I have been making some wreaths and sewing and spending the husbands money. I am really good at that!

We took a trip to Idaho so I could go to the doc. I was not happy, I gained 6 pounds over the last year. So It is time to buckle down and get to goal. Spending the winter in Wyoming is no fun unless you ski, which I most certainly don't!

We have finally started to get some awesome weather so I have been out walking more and working out with a kettle ball.

Now tell me how things are going for you darling? Any closer to a house? How are the eyeballs? Tell me everything!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Linda- I did use two pkts. of Stevia. Haven't checked about kidneys. Just had to have something different today. Will be checking it out. I've also heard it is good for everything..??

Dobie's Muffins
1/2 c. ground flax seed meal
1/4 c. protein powder
2 T. oil
1/4 c. Splenda (not packets)
1 egg- beaten
1 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. banana extract
1/4 t. salt sub.
1/2 c. water

Stir dry ingredients, add wet and stir. Let set a few minutes to thicken. Spoon evenly into 6 Pam sprayed muffin tins. Bake about 30 min. till edges start to brown.
You may use 1 oz. nuts after Induction if you like. About 1.5 carbs each. 2 with nuts.

I ate these a lot my first time low carbing about 9 years ago. I had great success, went from size 26 to 12. 110lbs. I had a mild stroke and was forced to quit the gym and relax for a while. Well, that was my downfall. Gained it all back plus a lot. I am 58 years old and it's now or never.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good evening everyone!!!
Nice having you come out and join us lovely belle!!
Lony is here!!!
Deb...I agree that it will be good for the kids to get away on their own.
I bet your DIL planned this out so she could be a stay home mom which is wonderful as long as they can afford it.
Lynn....that is my down fall. Always has been. I do great and then we go on vacation or a holiday comes with another to follow and I feel like I have blown it and I give up. The other problem I have is once I go off it is like a drunk or a druggie I guess. It is so hard to get my head back where it should be. I think I can.....I think I can.....I KNOW I CAN!!!!
Linda.....You still are trying to get a house??? Is it a short sell or something?
Jan....can you drink Crystal Lite? That is always good. I made the diet peach tea today. Yums!!! Maybe make some iced coffee? That is always good on a warm day. The other day I made iced tea and put some of my Mango DaVinci syrup in it. I then added an orange slice. Looked pretty and tasted good! Good idea on listing our menu or what we have ate for the day. Let me say right up front. I am not doing Atkins. Just low carb with a little fruit. Very little but a "little". I already wrote my breakfast so here is the rest of the day. This was my first day back on LC so it was a little tough.

morning snack...had to have it because I thought I was going to eat the wall paper!!! 1 boiled egg and a hunk of lettuce with a touch of salt.

L- small green salad with 1/4 c. cottage cheese
LC wrap with tuna salad in it
1/2 sm. orange
Water
D- grilled chicken
oven baked zucchini fries
sm. green salad
S- 1/2 sm. apple w/1Tbs. PB
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
OK - I'm going to jump on board ladies.............where did Chris go anyway?

I'm going to shoot for July 4th to make a real stab at losing some weight. Anyone up for a lil challenge?

Not going to go all out on LC because it just doesn't work for me anymore. I do watch the carbs though - try to get only the 'good' ones. A piece of fruit once in a while, etc. and sorry - but I have to have a lil bit of watermelon.........got one last week - so good, but I've done really well in having only a small cup serving.

Thinking it's good for me to tell what I'm eating. I like to see what's working for you too.

I have discovered the egg breafasts - special K and delights. Special K is made with a flatbread, right now it's my favorite. They are small, but are working for me right now, so I'll go with it.

Dinner is going to be roasted salmon and roasted brussel sprouts and cole slaw. Now to keep the evening munchies at bay.

As Sue said - she's tired of feeling bad with all the sugar and bad carbs. I need to do this too.

Linda
I'm game.... Let's do it!!!! Oh...wait....what are we doing??
Old 05-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do I have the "vapor's" or is it just humid and yucky out????

Old 05-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #457
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Stare at that long enough and it makes you sorta sick..LOL

I am game for whatever...I need to keep a handle on things...I am sick of saying I didn't do well today...although, I do get back in the saddle so to speak...but, I really need to be more consistant...maybe if we all whack each other upside the head??...

Sue..you are so darn funny..."oh wait..what are we doing"?...lol...Good question...I guess if we knew what we were doing we wouldn't be here..

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 05-28-2013 at 08:40 PM..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #458

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi Peeps, like Lony, I'm checking in. Welcome to our new friends. Hope you stay around a bit. I'm busy getting prepped for vacation at the lake, leaving on Saturday. I'm getting a pedicure today after work and today is ds14's last day of school. He has 3 finals and he's done. Woohoo!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #459
Big Yapper!!!!

Do the kids fish there chewie?...how long will you be gone?
Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...nice, friendly thread here Happy Wednesday Everyone!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #461

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Yes, fishing is a big part of the fun. We go out boating almost daily and just relax. We'll be gone from Saturday to Saturday. It's about 5 hours away.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone....
another windy, humid day around here in Okieland.
I am without the grandkids today so I have a few
things I need to get done and caught up on.
Here is my menu for the day:

B- 3 egg omelette with a touch of cheese, bacon and sausage. Coffee & water.
L-small green salad with tuna and cottage cheese over the top. 1 cup watermelon.
S- boiled egg or pork rinds...both if it is a bad afternoon!
D-LC meatloaf, 1/2 sweet potato, broiled green beans
S-jello with whipped cream
Old 05-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning- well, it's still barely morning here,11:05. I lost 3/4 lb. yesterday- my second day on Induction. I read everything I could about ACV last night and I still don't know if it's OK. About the same number of nays as yays! I believe I will drink it once in a while for variety.

Sue- Thank you so much for all the beverage ideas! I'm going to try some for sure. I thought we weren't supposed to drink Crystal Lite because the sweetener wasn't Splenda. I used to drink it and loved it. Will start again if y'all think it's OK. Thoughts? Also, I'm south of Atlanta so I do have the vapors,darlin' and it's humid too! LOL

Chewie- If you like something sweet, the muffins are a great make and take for trips. I freeze them and have them for snacks and treats when vacationing. Have fun on your trip!

Linda- You said LC doesn't work for you anymore. Yikes! This is my second time doing it. Last time was 9 years ago.

B- 2 egg 1/4 c cheese omelet, 1 sausage patty, 1 cup coffee w/Stevia
L- Deviled eggs( 2 eggs and 2 T mayo ) on lettuce bed
S- muffin w/1 T cream cheese
D- 4oz grilled chicken in large green salad w/tomato
?S- muffin if hungry

When I was doing this 9 yrs. ago, everyone was on the drink water wagon. Some were drinking enormous amounts. Is that not 'in' anymore? I'm really fine with that if it's not.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Sue. I think I will use Crystal Lite like you said. I love the muffins. They did taste a little too sweet this time. I might cut down the Splenda some. I don't know why, but I am just not hungry. I hope I am eating enough to lose.
I tried the Orange and lemon slices in water today. It was too strong. I'm going to add some more water to it. Hope it doesn't mess up my carbs.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #465

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good evening everyone. I came in to see if Linda had decided on a challenge yet.

Today I am kicking butt. I had my protein shake for breakfast and a hamburger patty for lunch. I think dinner will be a chicken breast and Caesar salad.

I am working on day five of no soda. I have been sticking to water and unsweetened tea. I walked two miles and I was too lazy to do my kettle ball today. LOL

It sounds like everyone is doing well sticking to their plans. Way to go and keep up the good work.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisdbassplayer
Stats: 345/299/260
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: April 29th 2013
hello everyone been reading the posts. It's always good to see such encouragement. So far I have done well this week, I lost another 5 pounds. I was hoping to start an excersise plan this week but because of some miscommunications I ended up doing a job I wasnt prepared for and messed up the bottoms of my feet. I wore my new hard sole shoes to work, thought I was doing my computer job and ended up working and walking all night on the concrete floors. Right now trying to keep my feet rested for work is my priority. So I will try again next week to get motivated! rough day today didnt have time to eat much, thankfully I had some hardboiled eggs in the fridge. So 2 hard boiled eggs and a water was my lunch.
chrisdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Thanks Sue. I think I will use Crystal Lite like you said. I love the muffins. They did taste a little too sweet this time. I might cut down the Splenda some. I don't know why, but I am just not hungry. I hope I am eating enough to lose.
I tried the Orange and lemon slices in water today. It was too strong. I'm going to add some more water to it. Hope it doesn't mess up my carbs.
I made some water up last week with lemon, orange and limes. It said to let it set over night. I had to dump it out. It was way too strong. Really what I like is just orange and some berries in mine. I froze some ice cubes with an orange slice and a strawberry in it. It looks really nice in a glass or water or iced tea.

WTG Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When hubs got home this evening I told him I needed all the pork rinds OUT of the house. These are the kind that just melt in your mouth. I will confess I ate the whole bag this afternoon!!!! Other than that I did fine today. That alone was 560 calories!!

Sweet dreams to all!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Oh you know, same ole same ole. Living the spoiled life hahaha Things have just been busy. I have been making some wreaths and sewing and spending the husbands money. I am really good at that!

We took a trip to Idaho so I could go to the doc. I was not happy, I gained 6 pounds over the last year. So It is time to buckle down and get to goal. Spending the winter in Wyoming is no fun unless you ski, which I most certainly don't!

We have finally started to get some awesome weather so I have been out walking more and working out with a kettle ball.

Now tell me how things are going for you darling? Any closer to a house? How are the eyeballs? Tell me everything!
Lony, You can knock those 6 lb off in no time - you're a pretty active gal. I wish that was all I had gained this past winter. Now it's time to pay the piper again - and again..........why don't I ever learn?

We're still trying to close on the short sale house. Been a nightmare - all the while still looking.........and of course - houses have shot up. My eyes are settling down - still have some floaters, but much better. You have a good memory.

And how is Fred? Hubby still traveling so much? Wondered if you got yourself a job, but kinda thought with Mike working the days he does, probably not. Need to keep that time open for meet/greet..............and anything else you can find to have a good time.

You have any more problems with the cyst? Why did you end up going to a doctor in Idaho - hope everything is ok.

Linda
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Linda- I did use two pkts. of Stevia. Haven't checked about kidneys. Just had to have something different today. Will be checking it out. I've also heard it is good for everything..??

Dobie's Muffins
1/2 c. ground flax seed meal
1/4 c. protein powder
2 T. oil
1/4 c. Splenda (not packets)
1 egg- beaten
1 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. banana extract
1/4 t. salt sub.
1/2 c. water

Stir dry ingredients, add wet and stir. Let set a few minutes to thicken. Spoon evenly into 6 Pam sprayed muffin tins. Bake about 30 min. till edges start to brown.
You may use 1 oz. nuts after Induction if you like. About 1.5 carbs each. 2 with nuts.

I ate these a lot my first time low carbing about 9 years ago. I had great success, went from size 26 to 12. 110lbs. I had a mild stroke and was forced to quit the gym and relax for a while. Well, that was my downfall. Gained it all back plus a lot. I am 58 years old and it's now or never.
Thanks - appreciate the recipe. I never have gotten any protein powder - but I use almond meal all the time. I do remember the oopsie rolls - and I'm thinking that Sue made a pretty good bun/roll. Need to ask her about that.

You really are a good candidate for LC. I just found that even watching the carbs, I wasn't losing. My body likes its fat cells way too much. Now I try to watch the carbs I do eat - only fruit and good ones. You're right about time - we have to do this before we get any older - I've yo-yoed so much over the years. Think I've broken my on/off switch for burning calories.

Linda
Old 05-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyBelle View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...nice, friendly thread here Happy Wednesday Everyone!
Really glad to see you posting here. Always nice to see new faces. Although - the "old" ones on here are pretty darn nice too. I sometimes fall down and lurk a bit - but I always keep up with what's going on here. It's a good group.

Linda
Old 05-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good evening everyone. I came in to see if Linda had decided on a challenge yet.

Today I am kicking butt. I had my protein shake for breakfast and a hamburger patty for lunch. I think dinner will be a chicken breast and Caesar salad.

I am working on day five of no soda. I have been sticking to water and unsweetened tea. I walked two miles and I was too lazy to do my kettle ball today. LOL

It sounds like everyone is doing well sticking to their plans. Way to go and keep up the good work.
Hey - I was hoping you all had some ideas about a challenge. I just know I need to do something to lose this weight. Other than sewing my mouth shut and I don't like that idea much. How much is feasible to lose in a month's time? Or eating clean and posting eats? What kind of protein stuff do you use? I guess I need to get some - hate buying that big can though. I did find that I can tolerate the Atkins shake - the others are so sickenly sweet to me. It's way sweet enough - but - I can get it down.

Linda
Old 05-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

I'm being accountable............

b -- special K breakfast sandwich (flatbread/egg/sausage/ch)
l -- broccoli with cheese sauce
d -- chicken breast dipped in mayo/crused pork rinds
xevia soda..............
6 fresh cherries
snach - 1/2oz walnuts

Sue - crush the pork rinds............I get the Lawreys hot/spicy from netrition. Just micro them. I run hot/cold on them all the time. Better than a binge on potato chips.

Ok - heading for shower and bed - before the munchies catch up with me.

Tomorrow is Thursday................everyone have a good day.

Linda
Old 05-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdbassplayer View Post
hello everyone been reading the posts. It's always good to see such encouragement. So far I have done well this week, I lost another 5 pounds. I was hoping to start an excersise plan this week but because of some miscommunications I ended up doing a job I wasnt prepared for and messed up the bottoms of my feet. I wore my new hard sole shoes to work, thought I was doing my computer job and ended up working and walking all night on the concrete floors. Right now trying to keep my feet rested for work is my priority. So I will try again next week to get motivated! rough day today didnt have time to eat much, thankfully I had some hardboiled eggs in the fridge. So 2 hard boiled eggs and a water was my lunch.
Chris.......good job on losing another 5 lb. Did you say that your wife is also on board with the l/c eating? Hope by now your feet are well rested - concrete is not fun for the feet that's for sure. What kind of exercising were you planning on anyway? Good to see you posting too.

Linda
Old 05-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Sue- I'd like to have the roll recipe. Can I eat them on Induction? Frozen fruit does sound pretty in a glass. I only had one glass of my orange/lemon water. Just too strong-even after adding more water.

Linda- Hope you're right. I'm going to certainly try. Yes, I need to get it done before I get any older.

Chris- Sorry about your shoe deal. At least you were able to stay on plan and get 'walking' done even if it was the wrong shoes!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda....yes I was making a bread that we enjoyed on sandwiches. I've had this recipe for a long while and hubs really enjoys it. It says to use muffin top pans to bake it in but since my pan now sticks at times I most often use a big cookie sheet and just use a 1/3 to 1/2 cup of mixture and plop it down on the pan and smooth it out just a little if needed. I sometimes just sprinkle sesame seeds on top instead of sautéing the onions. I know I have a picture of these if I can only find it!! LOL Here is the recipe. It's simple and easy to make. P.S. I do not use the no fat sour cream. I do use the lower fat version.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #476
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning all....

Davini's and splenda both give me horrible headaches...so, I never tried this. I have found staying as close to natural foods as possible I feel so very much better. Just throwing that out there...
Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is another sandwich bun that came from Linda Sue's site. I like them. Hubs doesn't care for them due to the flax. To each their own!!
FLAX SANDWICH BUNS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
Old 05-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda....your menu looks yummy! I'm cutting back since I over dosed on pork rinds yesterday.
I LOVE the Atkins dark choc. drink. It just suits my taste I guess.

B- Atkins drink, boiled egg
L-LC meatloaf, salad, small orange
S- baked pepperoni chips
D-LC crunchy baked chicken, cauliflower mock mashed pot's, and gr. beans
S-Hopefully nothing!! I made it last evening without anything!! Yeah for me.
If I do need something it will be a boiled egg with coffee.

Good morning to everyone!!!! Lynn....most likely you are right about staying as natural as possible.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Sue, the crunchy baked chicken sounds good. Would you share the recipe?
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here it is lucky! I have not made this recipe before but it just looked so good!!!
I have took pork rinds and crushed them and baked my chicken in them before
and it turned out good. I'll let you know tomorrow how this taste!

Crunchy Baked Chicken Recipe:
(Serves 4-6)
Ingredients:
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 (2.8 ounce) can of french-fried onions, crushed
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4-5 chicken breasts, cut up
1/4 cup butter, melted
Directions:
In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk. In another bowl, combine the crushed onions, cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in the egg mixture, then roll in the onion mixture. Place coated chicken pieces in a greased baking dish. Drizzle melted butter on top of chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.