Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Deb...forgot to tell you how great I think it is Kenny got a job with weekends off!!!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Hi Everyone,

Nice to see a couple new faces. Gives me new incentive to get on the ball and re-start the low carbing again. I know that I can't have that many carbs - so why do I keep eating too many of them? So tired of this yo-yoing...........

Linda
Same here Linda. I just love new people and the excitement they bring in. Jump on board with me and get started back. I have to do something. At 61 I am just not feeling good with all this sugar and junk in me.
I just want to feel good and have some energy again.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #423
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
You can do it Sue...you can...I am 66..you are a young sprout.....but, you do need to do it now...and don't expect miracles....be patient...it does work.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Lynn..
Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Hello everyone! I am a lurker, I admit it....the 212 Days of Christmas pic got me to post...lol, I've been missing Christmas too?? LOL? Why? The heat and humidity in my area is awful in the summer...I'm very thankful for air conditioning. Anyways...I'll be reading through posts and enjoying giving and receiving support! Have a great day!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #426
Big Yapper!!!!

I would like to mention...so, you don't think the world is ending..lol...I still stick to mostly low carb..but, as you know I just recently returned from vacation...and did not stick to low carb...HOWEVER, I still tried to eat healthy...don't know if you saw it..but, I had a pumpkin waffle with pumpkin seeds and raisins with real butter and real maple syrup one brunch...coconut shrimp with a chutney glaze...this was an appetizer..but, I did eat the warm just baked bread with it...and on and on...I was careful...ate two meals a day usually...being in a hotel room I wasn't tempted to eat at night...drank lots of coffee with half and half...had a bite or two of whatever...ex...DBF's fried grouper sandwich..we shared a dessert here and there...never felt deprived...I find eating from the appetizer menu perfect...and fun to share things and try things...and...are you ready...I didn't gain a pound...but, now I am back to being careful again...with a treat or two on the weekends...so, the world doesn't end...and smoothies are in your future for energy and feeling tip top...and they are fun to experiment with...the way you end up feeling is worth having a couple a week...kale is my new friend...LOL

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 05-28-2013 at 06:53 AM..
Old 05-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #427
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyBelle View Post
Hello everyone! I am a lurker, I admit it....the 212 Days of Christmas pic got me to post...lol, I've been missing Christmas too?? LOL? Why? The heat and humidity in my area is awful in the summer...I'm very thankful for air conditioning. Anyways...I'll be reading through posts and enjoying giving and receiving support! Have a great day!
Hi there...welcome...it's Christmas all year round on this thread..thanks to Deb! She often takes us back to our childhood with snowy...warm...pictures of the past....
Old 05-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #428
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Deb...forgot to tell you how great I think it is Kenny got a job with weekends off!!!!!!
:jump joy: and NOW if he will just KEEP it sure looks like Ashley won't keep one though ya know? i believe they will be moving next week
a girl they went to HS with has an apt over there and i think Kenny is going to be staying there the rest of the week which is really a blessing
i have been telling those kids for years GET OUT! kwim? and wish they had been established before there was a baby on the way LOL
i only get to say I TOLD YA SO again though UGH

HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #429

Quote:

jump in anytime!
for you and Sue frost on fall leaves
Old 05-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Hi there...welcome...it's Christmas all year round on this thread..thanks to Deb! She often takes us back to our childhood with snowy...warm...pictures of the past....
umm yup i get carried away sometimes! i love winter and christmas decorations
this is one of my favorites
Old 05-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #431
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
umm yup i get carried away sometimes! i love winter and christmas decorations
this is one of my favorites
Love this one...having been brought up back east in a tiny village...I can relate to so many of them.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Did my first day of Induction yesterday and weighed 2.4 lbs. lighter this morning!!! Yay! I am so stoked! I am 58 and was not expecting that much; plus this is my second go around. 9 years ago I did great. Got my fingers crossed for this time.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Love the Christmas pics. I love Christmas any time of year. I'm the one in the neighborhood that has their tree up before Thanksgiving!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Oksue- So proud of you for posting weight. I haven't had the guts yet. Maybe we should post our menus like you did. We might get some new ideas.
Breakfast:
2 egg, 1/4 c cheese omelet
coffee w/ one Splenda pkt
4 slices thin bacon

Went to get protein powder, sugar free syrup ( 0 carb ) and banana flavoring to make the old style Dobie Muffins. I love those things. They give me something sweet and are OK on Induction. 1 to 1 1/2 carbs each. If you add nuts or not. I'm not since I'm on Induction.
OK, I guess that's enough blabbing for a newbie.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Did my first day of Induction yesterday and weighed 2.4 lbs. lighter this morning!!! Yay! I am so stoked! I am 58 and was not expecting that much; plus this is my second go around. 9 years ago I did great. Got my fingers crossed for this time.

remember don't get discouraged when the losses slow! no way would i weigh everyday unless i was on HCG
Old 05-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #436

Quote:
Love the Christmas pics. I love Christmas any time of year. I'm the one in the neighborhood that has their tree up before Thanksgiving!
LOL we start the outside decorations October1st or normally we do IDK if ken will be able this year at all
and we have had 8 full sized trees in here before
Old 05-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, deb. 8 trees! I would love that. I hope Ken is much better by then.
Tried the apple cider drink and it's good.
Baked some muffins and can't wait to eat one. They're cooling. UMMMMM.
You're right about weighing every day but I just can't help myself. I did it the first time around too. I tell myself I'm going to wait till the end of the week ,but I don't listen to me! LOL
Old 05-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #438

i think you are off to a great start!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Cute kittens! Thank you.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
that restaurant sounds really nice Lynn but cali is way far ahead of Ky in things like that
the BISQUE was really good i used a slotted spoon to get ken's portion out he said this would be really good over POTATOES! LOL NOPE!

recipe

Linda Sue's pic not mine
Deb - out of curiosity - just what made you try this recipe? Now that you've made it and said it was tasty - I'm going to give it a try too. Everytime I saw it on Linda's site - it just never looked that appealing - lol - well - it still doesn't, but - I've learned that just because it looks good/or not - doesn't mean it isn't, kwim?

So glad to hear that Kenny has a job and that they will be moving out of the in-laws place. Now - just how far is this from you now? Kenny must give Ashely a lot of 'room' - how he hasn't called her on this job situation is beyond me. I mean - a baby on the way - and she keeps throwing "paying" jobs away. But, have to say - you're doing the right thing - even though it's hard - to not start screaming at them 'what were you thinking', etc.

Fingers crossed for Steven and the possibility of a job. It would do him a world of good. Still keeping Ken and you in thoughts too............so often.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
I did one thing on this Memorial Day I can be proud of. I cleaned out my standing deep freeze!! Now I can see everything I have.

Great idea on calling a vet. I may just give my cousin a call.
Sue - I'm so jealous.......I have 2 chest types - would love to have a standing one. You know we're still trying to buy a house - with DS - and I really do have one - out in the garage - still in the box............He pretty much has all the appliances for a new kitchen - lol - now for the house.

Glad to hear that you and dh are back on track. You did so great before, so I'm sure you're going to do well again............now - how do we keep at it? Talk about a work in progress?

Linda
Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
You can do it Sue...you can...I am 66..you are a young sprout.....but, you do need to do it now...and don't expect miracles....be patient...it does work.
Lynn, you are the best thing we have here - a cheerleader. You keep us remembering that we can do this - and we remind you that it's better to have lost and not regained. I so want to be able to do that..........as we all do on here.

Linda
Old 05-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lovely do not a lurker be...........nice to see another easterner on here. I'm in Maryland. The more support we can give each other the better. We can do this.

Linda
Old 05-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

OK - I'm going to jump on board ladies.............where did Chris go anyway?

I'm going to shoot for July 4th to make a real stab at losing some weight. Anyone up for a lil challenge?

Not going to go all out on LC because it just doesn't work for me anymore. I do watch the carbs though - try to get only the 'good' ones. A piece of fruit once in a while, etc. and sorry - but I have to have a lil bit of watermelon.........got one last week - so good, but I've done really well in having only a small cup serving.

Thinking it's good for me to tell what I'm eating. I like to see what's working for you too.

I have discovered the egg breafasts - special K and delights. Special K is made with a flatbread, right now it's my favorite. They are small, but are working for me right now, so I'll go with it.

Dinner is going to be roasted salmon and roasted brussel sprouts and cole slaw. Now to keep the evening munchies at bay.

As Sue said - she's tired of feeling bad with all the sugar and bad carbs. I need to do this too.

Linda
Old 05-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/246/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
The ad for hair curlers on the first page got my attention too! LOL...love the memorabilia and cute stuff, the 'warm and cozies'...like we're all at some sort of Low Carb slumber party...LOL. I haven't looked at ALL the posts, but I DO remember those curlers....I'm a child of the 80's...lol....

Holiday Spirit all year long....sounds great
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

deb- The apple cider water was pretty good! At least something different. Since I'm in 3rd stage renal failure, I can't drink sodas. Water is about all except for 1 cup of coffee in the morning.
If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate them.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oksue- So proud of you for posting weight. I haven't had the guts yet. Maybe we should post our menus like you did. We might get some new ideas.
Breakfast:
2 egg, 1/4 c cheese omelet
coffee w/ one Splenda pkt
4 slices thin bacon

Went to get protein powder, sugar free syrup ( 0 carb ) and banana flavoring to make the old style Dobie Muffins. I love those things. They give me something sweet and are OK on Induction. 1 to 1 1/2 carbs each. If you add nuts or not. I'm not since I'm on Induction.
OK, I guess that's enough blabbing for a newbie.
Oncloud - I'm not familiar with Dobie Muffins - can you post your recipe? It's been so long since I made any of the lc muffins. I generally just try to stay away from breads and pastas. Will have one of the thin buns if I'm really just starving for bread. Thanks - so glad to see some new faces.

Linda
Old 05-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
deb- The apple cider water was pretty good! At least something different. Since I'm in 3rd stage renal failure, I can't drink sodas. Water is about all except for 1 cup of coffee in the morning.
If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate them.
Did you end up using stevia with it? I can't just drink ACV water straight. How will the ACV work with the renal failure? I have always read that ACV is very good for you. Used to have a book by a Dr. Jarvis - all about ACV and the benefits. He was a big believer in the healing effects of vinegar.

Linda
Old 05-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #449

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hey girlies. Miss Linda I was missing you so I thought I would pop in and see what y'all are up to!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #450

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
OK - I'm going to jump on board ladies.............where did Chris go anyway?

I'm going to shoot for July 4th to make a real stab at losing some weight. Anyone up for a lil challenge?

Not going to go all out on LC because it just doesn't work for me anymore. I do watch the carbs though - try to get only the 'good' ones. A piece of fruit once in a while, etc. and sorry - but I have to have a lil bit of watermelon.........got one last week - so good, but I've done really well in having only a small cup serving.

Thinking it's good for me to tell what I'm eating. I like to see what's working for you too.

I have discovered the egg breafasts - special K and delights. Special K is made with a flatbread, right now it's my favorite. They are small, but are working for me right now, so I'll go with it.

Dinner is going to be roasted salmon and roasted brussel sprouts and cole slaw. Now to keep the evening munchies at bay.

As Sue said - she's tired of feeling bad with all the sugar and bad carbs. I need to do this too.

Linda
Bring it on sweet cheeks! What did you have in mind?
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote