Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #391
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Welcome cloud.......off to a great start.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi and welcome Chris!!!! It will be nice having a guy around here. It has been awhile. My hub and I did Atkins to the tee many yrs. back and lost a bunch of weight. Of course we gained it back plus more so here I am up around 300.
We talked this weekend and he really wants us to get back with the LC again. I've done the shopping and planning so in the morning we are back on. Good luck!!!! I know how hard it is going out while others eat the "good" stuff. Last time we did this our head was on so straight we would not have dreamed of eating anything off plan. I pray we can have that determination again. It really helps when both of you are doing it together.

Oh Deb...we need to meet at that out door fire place!!!Wouldn't that be a great place to just relax!!

Lynn...thanks for sharing. I am so glad you finally got your head together and are keeping the weight off. I wish I could do that.
Jan....I am 61 so I got you beat by a few years!!! By the time you hit the big 60 things really start changing for you body wise so stick with this and get the weight off while you still can.

I need to go check with my Iced Coffee recipes. It is that time of year where I am wanting a glass. Everyone have a great day.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #393
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi chris..welcome!....at least you aren't alone doing it...there are tons of things to do that don't involve food and icecream..lol...although, I have never had a problem eating out on low carb...it really is a mindset...I was just so sick of being uncomfortable..it was so worth it to me...good luck to you.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #394
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
LOL...aaaaaaaaaa...yup...when they say half and half though I don't think they mean half coffee...half...half and half..oh well...
i did good THIS morning! normally i pour a BIG OLD SPLASH of HWC in my 24oz coffee cup i carefully measured ONE tablespoon LOL grumble grumble growl growl
Happy Monday! dishwasher and laundry going
fixed egg cheese and spinach omelets with a side of bacon for everyone yum
and linda sue's beeffy mushroom soup is for lunch but i can't call it soup Ken wouldn't eat it .. lol another posted said to call it BISQUE !

poor guy he is hurting bad again today he and Steven tried to do the FLYlady mission in the living room for me and it wore him out
soo what's everyone doing today?/ ken has to go talk to the people at work tomorrow to see if maybe he could get the layoff for another 4 weeks if not he has 30 hours sick time left and that is IT
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #395
Big Yapper!!!!

Good going, Deb!!...I have eaten enough eggs in the past years to warrant buying a few chickens..however, I don't think they are allowed in apt. complexes..LOL Oddly enough, I grew up on a chicken farm in the boonies...so, eggs take me back to my roots..

Bisque...good one, Deb...or a floating casserole...or however you spell that word...lol
Old 05-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #396

before Betty passed away she was going to teach me how to raise them
i have her old barn wood we were going to build a good coop out of i bet the ants have taken over the wood now though and it is probably rotten man i used to LOVE the eggs she had from her chickens
IDK i just think all my heart and gumption for anything left me years ago
Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #397
Big Yapper!!!!

In Key West, Deb..the chickens roam the streets..it is so freaking weird...lol...and the roosters are cockadoodle-dooing...at the crack of dawn and beyond..
Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
In Key West, Deb..the chickens roam the streets..it is so freaking weird...lol...and the roosters are cockadoodle-dooing...at the crack of dawn and beyond..
Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

A friend of mine in MD has chickens...a fox got some recently which was very sad for her because they are her pets.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #400

oh no! we have had coyotes here and it scares me to death there was a stray beagle i was trying to get used to us and i haven't seen him since the coyotes came through i know they got that poor old guy
Old 05-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #401
Big Yapper!!!!

We have quite a few coyotes too...waltzing down the populated streets sometimes...you can't leave little dogs loose arouond here or even in their back yards it's very risky...I have seem them scale walls over 4 foot high..no problem..in broad daylight.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
We are not really celebrating today. Our pastor gave a suggestion yesterday that we all take a moment today to call any vet that we knew and thank him/her for their service. I called my brother-in-law and nephew. Although I talk to them frequently, they were so surprised and humbled to receive a thank you call. I think I'm going to keep doing this on
holidays.
deb-So sorry about the doggie!
One of my nephews has a 'farm' and grows organic veggies and has chickens about to start laying. Can't wait to eat those farm fresh eggs. The difference is like a store tomato compared to a home grown tomato! Delicious.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
We are not really celebrating today. Our pastor gave a suggestion yesterday that we all take a moment today to call any vet that we knew and thank him/her for their service. I called my brother-in-law and nephew. Although I talk to them frequently, they were so surprised and humbled to receive a thank you call. I think I'm going to keep doing this on
holidays.
deb-So sorry about the doggie!
One of my nephews has a 'farm' and grows organic veggies and has chickens about to start laying. Can't wait to eat those farm fresh eggs. The difference is like a store tomato compared to a home grown tomato! Delicious.
What a wonderful idea..

We recently discovered an all organic restaurant here...that uses all local produce..and lists on their menu where everything comes from..True Greens...you could see if there is one in your area...it is wonderful!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #404

that restaurant sounds really nice Lynn but cali is way far ahead of Ky in things like that
the BISQUE was really good i used a slotted spoon to get ken's portion out he said this would be really good over POTATOES! LOL NOPE!

recipe
Quote:
BEEFY-MUSHROOM SOUP
2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
1 clove garlic, minced
16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
15 ounces canned pumpkin *
14 ounce can beef broth or 2 cups homemade beef broth
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup dry white wine or water
1-2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper

In a 6-8 quart pot, brown the ground beef along with the onion, mushrooms and garlic; drain the fat. If using canned broth, add water to make 2 cups. Add the pumpkin to the ground beef mixture; blend well then add the broth and bouillon. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes. Add the cream and wine or water; simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Adjust the seasoning, if needed.

Makes about 8 cups or eight 1-cup servings
Can be frozen but the mushrooms may get a little rubbery

* It seems to make a difference what brand of pumpkin you use. The second time I made this, I used a store brand of pumpkin and the soup didn't turn out nearly as thick. I stirred in about 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum to get the right consistency. I suspect that the cheaper brand of pumpkin had more water in it than Libby's.

Per Cup: 302 Calories; 19g Fat; 23g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Linda Sue's pic not mine
Old 05-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #405
Big Yapper!!!!

That looks totally awesome..I love pumpkin...good job on the camoflouge...camoflauge?...you know what I mean....LOL
Old 05-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #406

LOL creative naming!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Spice- I live a little south of Atlanta so I will check it out.
deb- That soup looks great! I'm going to remember it.
I got an idea on FB the other day to make flavored waters. I haven't been on here in so many years that you may all know this already but just in case: Fresh pineapple slices and abt. 3 mint leaves, fill with water and let set over night. ( Don't eat the fruit .LOL ) Few slices of orange and 2 slices lemon and use same process. Do you think this will have a bad affect on LC eating?
Old 05-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #408

probably not you are just drinking the vitamin water but if you are counting carbs i have no idea how to count them in that

pinterest has tons of recipes for vitamin waters
Old 05-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #409

Easy Fruit & Herb Flavored Water
By Monica Servings: 6-8 servings
Ingredients
fruit -- 2 cups berries, citrus, melons, pineapple...most fruits will work (see recommended amounts in directions)
herbs -- a sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender
water (tap or filtered)
ice
Directions
Supplies needed: 2 quart pitcher or jar with lid; muddler or wooden spoon

General formula for whatever fruit/herb combo you desire.
1. If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavor; don't pulverize the herbs into bits.
2. Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
3. Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
4. Add water to top of jar/pitcher.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.

Suggested flavor combinations:
ALL CITRUS (no herbs) -- Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) -- Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
PINEAPPLE MINT -- Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig; or, remove the leaves from the sprig, if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice & water.
BLACKBERRY SAGE -- Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice & water.
WATERMELON ROSEMARY -- Add rosemary sprig to jar & muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

I am counting carbs and that will be a problem. I don't think a pitcher a day would be over 2 carbs..?? Just want something besides water to drink. I am in 3rd Stage renal failure so I don't drink any sodas.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #411

i think it would be fine and refreshing
another refreshing drink is filling a tall glass full of ice and putting water in it with a spoonful of apple cider vinegar and a drop or two of stevia YUM
Old 05-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
probably not you are just drinking the vitamin water but if you are counting carbs i have no idea how to count them in that

pinterest has tons of recipes for vitamin waters
Did someone say PINTREST!!!????

The water sounds cool and refreshing!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did one thing on this Memorial Day I can be proud of. I cleaned out my standing deep freeze!! Now I can see everything I have.

Great idea on calling a vet. I may just give my cousin a call.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
I did one thing on this Memorial Day I can be proud of. I cleaned out my standing deep freeze!! Now I can see everything I have.

Great idea on calling a vet. I may just give my cousin a call.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #415

Old 05-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Hi Everyone,

Nice to see a couple new faces. Gives me new incentive to get on the ball and re-start the low carbing again. I know that I can't have that many carbs - so why do I keep eating too many of them? So tired of this yo-yoing...........

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
LOL Deb - only you. Such a beautiful picture. Maybe it will help with all the heat that we're supposed to be getting mid week.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #418

LINDA HOWDY STRANGER BEEN MISSING YOU! gah it is hot enough for me here today 91 i think it was for the high ACK had a beautiful weekend in the low 70s and bam HEAT! how is everything with you?? GUESS WHAT?? KENNY GOT A REAL JOB! 40 hours a week weekends off sit behind a desk what he went to college for JOB!!! and it is out of this backwoods place! it is in KNOXVILLE! today only made his 3rd day but hopefully nothing will go wrong with this(i realize Knoxville is backwoods too but OMG compared to HERE it is a world away!)
Kn has hasd another of those hemeplegic migraines again today he is in such pain i just do not know what to do for him
and Steven has his orientation at EKU Wednesday!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

deb- The apple cider vinegar water sounds good! Thanks.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Tuesday morning everyone!
Hi Linda!!!! Missed you! How are you doing and hubs?
Ok....I weighed in ladies and gent.
310 is the magic numbers I wish I could delete. No one did it to me except myself.
First day back on LC.
I've had a huge glass of water this morning already.
Breakfast will be:
3 scrambled eggs
sausage patty
coffee
and away we go....again!!! LOL
Have a great day everyone.