Old 05-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
That is such a cute cake pan Deb! Did you find that locally or online?
i believe i got it from ebay 5 years ago when kenny graduated high school
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #302

ken was stuck soo many time last night and today
over and over trying to put the IV line in(and usually he is really easy to do and these HURT him soo bad) and then they took blood every 2 hours and those were painful too which is unusual for him. one of the blood drawers told him he didn't have any blood left in his right armLOL cause they had stuck him soo much he is worn out and has been sleeping in the recliner since we got home
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
ken was stuck soo many time last night and today
over and over trying to put the IV line in(and usually he is really easy to do and these HURT him soo bad) and then they took blood every 2 hours and those were painful too which is unusual for him. one of the blood drawers told him he didn't have any blood left in his right armLOL cause they had stuck him soo much he is worn out and has been sleeping in the recliner since we got home
Oh, Deb! I am so very very sorry about all of this mess. How will you get through graduation? I fear Ken will not be feeling up to sitting through it. Wish we all lived close enough to help out. Praying things don't worsen over the weekend.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #304

Quote:
Oh, Deb! I am so very very sorry about all of this mess. How will you get through graduation? I fear Ken will not be feeling up to sitting through it. Wish we all lived close enough to help out. Praying things don't worsen over the weekend.
thank you soo very much i know i should have gotten the wheelchair out of storage but he didn't want me to at all i thought i could leave it in the van if he didn't need it
he went upstairs to bed about 15 til 7 and has been sleeping the whole time
i FINALLLY got my kid's cake done
not my best work and it shows but at least he will have SOMETHING
going to try to put my hair in rollers and follow Ken to bed please be thinking of us all day tomorrow
graduation is at 11 but Steven has to be there before 9:30 UGh and to get parking close we probably should show up at 9 ugh 2 hours prior and then almost 2 hours of ceremony good grief i hope Ken can do this that is all he kept saying in the hospital today i am going to my boy's graduation i am going i have to go
gah i can't stop crying
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 05-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
thank you soo very much i know i should have gotten the wheelchair out of storage but he didn't want me to at all i thought i could leave it in the van if he didn't need it
he went upstairs to bed about 15 til 7 and has been sleeping the whole time
i FINALLLY got my kid's cake done
not my best work and it shows but at least he will have SOMETHING
going to try to put my hair in rollers and follow Ken to bed please be thinking of us all day tomorrow
graduation is at 11 but Steven has to be there before 9:30 UGh and to get parking close we probably should show up at 9 ugh 2 hours prior and then almost 2 hours of ceremony good grief i hope Ken can do this that is all he kept saying in the hospital today i am going to my boy's graduation i am going i have to go
gah i can't stop crying
I am so sorry. I just can't imagine. In reality, it is good you do not have a huge party planned for after graduation. I mean Ken will probably need to lie down and rest as soon as he can afterwards and if you had a housefull coming over......Praying they can do something soon.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Deb...I hope all works out where Ken gets to go and enjoy the graduation. Is Steven ready for his big day??? Please try and have a good day if for nothing else for Steven.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can always tell the difference when I am on a sugar binge in my knees. Here is what a few people also had to say about it in on a board.

Wow, I can't believe the effect sugar has had on me!

I've been largely sugar-free this past year but I'm no paleo purist, I do imbibe in artificial sweeteners pretty regularly. Well, there was a sale on Pepsi products this week and I picked up what I thought was a case of diet Sierra Mist. I had 10-12 cans before realizing that it was Sierra Mist 'Naturals' which isn't diet at all, they just use real sugar vs. artificial sweeteners.

They used a white can too, it's almost like the bastards did this on purpose to confuse people!

Well, before coming to this realization, I noticed that I've had a very stiff back this week, and that some of my joints have been a bit sore too. It may be a stretch, but is this a reasonable connection to make...sugar consumption and my body stiffness?

Any info. regarding the connection between sugar consumption and joint pain is appreciated.
I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 80 LBS and more than 35 inches.

10-11-2010, 03:43 AM #2 emmie
I don't have a scientific answer for you; this is pure anecdotal. I have severe osteoarthritis, and I've been keeping myself relatively pain free for several years by following an anti-inflammatory diet--no meds at all.

Although I have eleminated several foods, the ONE thing that is guaranteed to cause me severe joint pain if I indulge is SUGAR. The few times I've had a slight 'indulgence,' I've experienced severe joint pain the next day. And I know it's the sugar because when this has happened, that's the only item I've added to my diet. And it doesn't take much--one slice of birthday cake, for example, will do it.

The good thing is that the pain will depart once the sugar leaves my system--usually 24 hours for the worst of the pain, and within 48 hrs I'm back to normal.
10-11-2010, 04:59 AM #3 Debbie
This is very interesting to me. My joint pain was gone for awhile (a week? two?) but started creeping back yesterday, in my hips. I attributed it to the measley 2.25 miles I did at the track (it would have been 3 but my wussy knee started whining).

Today, I woke up with it all in my spine, from the cervical down the thoracic regions (lumbar and sacral are fine), my left shoulder blade, and my hips. My knees, ankles and feet ... shoulders, elbows and hands are all fine.

I was thinking that it was a lack of vegetables yesterday. I did have blueberries with half 'n' half ... hmmm ... but that was the closest thing to sugar.

I live in the northeast US. It's getting chilly and damp, so maybe it's that.

Any other ideas?
10-11-2010, 05:30 AM #4 kennelmom
sugar will give me pain in my bad knee
Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!
10-11-2010, 06:35 AM #5 Meadow
I have had chronic muscle pain in my shoulders and back for over 15 years. Sugar in any form for me makes it flare.....too much fruit, alcohol, grains of any kind, straight sugar....any of that makes it hurt again. Its not necessarily overnight for me, usually takes a few days of eating too many carbs and then I start noticing the tension creeping back up. Took me awhile to accept, but I am guessing it is an inflammation thing as well.
Erin
Daily Vlogs
Primal Pets Blog
10-11-2010, 08:32 AM #6 Tawny
I woke up this morning with an achy back and noticed a sharp pain in my knee when walking - I haven't had these symptoms for almost 2 months.

I spent most of the weekend eating way to many high-carb foods.

Coincidence? I think not.
10-11-2010, 12:06 PM #7 quotidianlight
Okay, this may not be the sugar but rather the withdrawals from the artificial sweetener. When I went off my joints hurt, Back ache, fuzzy vision and head aches for three weeks. Now, If I get a treat I'd rather use natural sugar that a sweetener. Those three weeks, I was really sick.
10-11-2010, 12:23 PM #8 Minxxa
Quotidian... I had the same thing. Went off of diet soda and felt awful for 4 or 5 days. low-grade headache, nausea at various times, achey like the flu. Finally passed, thankfully, but it was so wierd!
"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
10-11-2010, 01:37 PM #9 primarilyprimal
Nowadays, sugar makes me feel drunk - as soon as I ingest it, I get hot flushes and a tingly feeling all over my body all the way to my finger tips. And the next day it feels like a hangover! Totally happy to avoid that nasty stuff nowadays. Things don't tempt me anymore
04-14-2011, 07:37 AM #10 andreeg2001

I just discovered after a full year of painful symptoms: extremely itchy skin, lower back pain, headaches & migraines, dizziness, heels tendons pain. joints pain etc etc that sugar is the cause of it all!! Indeed I completely stopped it for 3 days but realised that I still needed a bit of sugar as nausea and dizziness kicked in. I now have a fresh vegetables & fruits diets (the kind of candida diet) and I feel absolutely great!! Most symptoms are gone or almost gone. I am a happy woman now :-)
-----------------------
Andrea
Old 05-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, can't Kenny get the chair out of storage and meet you at the school? Ask for the help you need.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Quote:
Well, welcome to the group. We go through periods of tons of posts and not so many posts. Jump in! How is your weight loss going? I am slowly melting off some of the weight I ended up putting on over the last two years. I am hoping to get 10 lbs off but they have stubbornly refused to budge until recently when I started trying something new. Good luck to you!

i am doing juddd, so i bounce around and around and up and down, just started my plan last friday, so just at a week on, did stillmans for a couple of days, ugh..too hard for me, i only lasted a couple of days on it this time, last year i made it a few weeks haha. but i have lost 7 pounds, so no complaints
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #310

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. Went out for catfish and my brother treated. I had scallop and ate 4. LOL No problem as the rest of my family ate the rest.

And drum roll please----I finally hit the 80 pound mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
i am doing juddd, so i bounce around and around and up and down, just started my plan last friday, so just at a week on, did stillmans for a couple of days, ugh..too hard for me, i only lasted a couple of days on it this time, last year i made it a few weeks haha. but i have lost 7 pounds, so no complaints
Congrats on the 7 lbs lost!! In my book, every lb counts!I have heard of JUDDD and I have been considering doing JUDDD as well. My problem is that I am not good at keeping track of what I eat. No idea how many calories are in anything.......So, there would be a significant learning curve for me. Mainly learning how to be disciplined and organized. I should probably go and read through the boards to learn how to do it correctly.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. Went out for catfish and my brother treated. I had scallop and ate 4. LOL No problem as the rest of my family ate the rest.

Congratulations, Chewie! You must look and feel like a different person! Aaaaaaaand you must be going through clothes sizes!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb, how did Graduation Day go? How did Ken fare?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post

You know what time it is don't you????!!!!!!!
Con-graduations Chewie!!!!!!! 80 lbs. is awesome. You aren't messing around. It is really coming off!!!! Next stop....100lb. mark!! What is your goal?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #315

Quote:
Congratulations, Chewie! You must look and feel like a different person! Aaaaaaaand you must be going through clothes sizes!!!
Yes, that's for sure. I just had to give up 2 pairs of my fav pants and my fav blouse. Can't get attached to anything now. lol
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
You know what time it is don't you????!!!!!!!
Con-graduations Chewie!!!!!!! 80 lbs. is awesome. You aren't messing around. It is really coming off!!!! Next stop....100lb. mark!! What is your goal?
I haven't been anywhere near goal for so long, I really don't know. My wls surgeous didn't give me one---at least not yet. I'm thinking I'd like to shoot for 150 cause I'm short, only 5'2" but might need to go lower. I will see when I get there. I am 225 so that means I need to lose at least 75 more.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Deb, can't Kenny get the chair out of storage and meet you at the school? Ask for the help you need.
he doesnt have a key and it is 25 miles the other way from him thanks though Lucky

we go to johnson city tomorrow to try for his gulf war registry paperworjk (ONLY open 8-11)and tues is his MRI so we have booked a hotel room and will be staying over night the MRI time slot is at the same times as the gulf a=war registry times so we could not do it all in one day
Yesterrday was hard in lots of ways ken got to go see the graduation
Ken had to sit on those hard bleachers surrounded by packed bodies from 9am(started at 11am) until almost 1 he was hurting so bad he was blue all around his lips but he fought on with tears in his eyes until Steven went across the stage and then he had to get out of there
(the pain from this"stroke" stuff combined with his PTSD did a number on him)
we came on home and he spent the rest of the day in the recliner and said"let's watch the hobbit" he watched it just a couple weeks ago with the kids at their house and he did not remember any of it scares me because he drove there and backya know?
he has trouble breathing his head is in constant pain (from mild to severe but never goes away) and i just do not know what to do to help him
ken and his boys after Steven 's graduation

they took Steven's red stole idiot school reuses them instead of letting the kids who earned them keep them and would not let the upward bound kids wear their cords for that so i had steven put them on after the ceremony so i could have a pic with them wish it could have been all his honors at once in a picture
ken's parents didn't come of course and didn't send Steven anything either haven't even checked on ken through all of this
me and Steven with the red sash
and my dollar tree hair dye didn't do so bad LOL
PLease keep Ken in your thoughts our online family is really all we have

Last edited by debkeversole; 05-19-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Old 05-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #318

Steven's cake LOL for just the three of us

and Steven in his natural element playing online games in his recliner

Last edited by debkeversole; 05-19-2013 at 01:48 PM..
Old 05-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #319

congratualtions Chewie! you lost a 4th grader!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Ah - missed the graduation.....................Congratulations Steven!!!!

Really liked the pictures Deb - looking good there - and yes - your hair looks great. You have a gorgeous head of hair. Always wanted long hair, but couldn't stand the way it looked once it got beyond 4"..........then it just stuck out every which way.

Did a terrific job on the cake too. I had no doubt that you would though - you're very talented making and icing those cakes. I love to watch the lady in the grocery decorate them - keep telling her they should put a mirror over the top so I can see it better.

You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow and Tuesday - safe travels both ways. Poor guy - sounds like the graduation was hard on him - but - so glad he was able to do it. Hang in there gal - someone is going to see what a hard time Ken is having and help him out. He deserves it for sure. As usual - take care of yourself too..........hard task for you I know - we worry about our guys and our kids.........

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Chewie - congrats on the big 80!!!! You have done fantastic..........

What did your brother say when he saw you? How did going to the scrimmage go? I'm sure there were a lot of head turns............

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 05-20-2013, 04:41 AM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb.....great pictures and your cake turned out cute!!
Chewie....I pictured you as being tall. Maybe 5"8 or better. Funny how we get a certain image in our head of someone. LOL
Have a great Monday and watch for storms today.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning! Praying we all can stay out of the severe weather forecast again today....

Deb, great graduation pics. You did a great job on the cake. So cute! Is Steven going with you and Ken or staying home? I wish you safe travels. I am sure you have been long gone in order to make an 8:00 a.m. appt. Praying they find answers and treatment for Ken.

Hope everyone has a great Monday and is successful on this weight loss path today.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #325

Quote:
congratualtions Chewie! you lost a 4th grader!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Chewie - congrats on the big 80!!!! You have done fantastic..........

What did your brother say when he saw you? How did going to the scrimmage go? I'm sure there were a lot of head turns............

Linda
My brother has not mentioned anything. Nada. He has always been super skinny and just doesn't get it. The scrimmage was good. I was pretty comfortable and we just kind of stayed on the edge and didn't see any of the parents that I know so not head turns. Thanks for asking.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Deb.....great pictures and your cake turned out cute!!
Chewie....I pictured you as being tall. Maybe 5"8 or better. Funny how we get a certain image in our head of someone. LOL
Have a great Monday and watch for storms today.
I wish I was taller. I feel shorter now cause my boys tower over me, even my baby, ds14. roflol
Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #328

Deb--the pics and cake look awesome.

Praying for your travels and Ken's MRI, paperwork, etc. You are a very strong woman and you will get through this. Hugs.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/345.5/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey Everyone

Congratz Chewie on the weightloss! That is FANTASTIC!

Deb....I am so sorry things are so tough right now. I am AMAZED that you got that cake together even though you have so much going on. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
Congratz to your son for graduating (YAY!) I hope the find something for Ken that will help... I will keep him in my prayers.

Well, I am super-tired. I just wanted to pop in and say "Hello".

Good night all!!

>>Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #330

dudes only like 5 posts since i was here sunday night ?? SIGH

c/p too lazy to retype
waves tired howdy. we know NOTHING more than we did before and he isn't getting any better NO ONE has addressed the shortness o f breath except they had him on oxygen while he was in the hospital. they won't even try to schedule another MRI until after june 5th(is the VA only allowed to request one a month or something?) AND it make no sense what ssoever that the neuro doctor who needed the MRI at the johnson city hospital CAN NOT order an MRI in the same hospital he said all we could do is contact his doc at knoxville and get him to order it with us RIGHT THERE
soo we have to wean him off the acetazolamide and then wean him on the topamax and hope it helps
the layoff ends june 3rd (if he even has a job to go back to) and the way he is today there is NO WAY he can go back to work
guys all i can think of is the way the doc kept doing Betty before she passed away and i am soo soo scared