Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Hey, something along these lines in lc would be a great idea, Chewie! Could do those individual bags of salted peanuts, sunflower seeds, beef jerky that you can buy in the checkout lanes or at Gas station Markets. Some Atkins bars. Maybe a gift card or two--one for movie theater, one for a store he likes, a Star Wars or Dr. Who figurine, what else? Tape them to those wooden shish kebob sticks, stick them in floral foam and cover with shredded colored gift basket paper......Just some thoughts.
oh i wish i had a place close to get him some Dr who stuff i do have one transformer hid away
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyBelle View Post
I need support - was lazy and stopped coming to the boards. Didn't work out well. Back on the wagon officially Monday - already dropped 4.5lbs. (water weight, but still nice)
i am so glad you and reptogirl decided to join us!!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShellyBelle
Stats: 352/303/160
WOE: Atkins/Natural Eating
Start Date: 1/6/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i am so glad you and reptogirl decided to join us!!
Thank you for the warm welcome!!! Support really makes all the difference!
ShellyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maddierose
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan. 2013
Hi all, what a great thread! I have 100lbs to lose and I feel overwhelmed. I've lost 44lbs, yet 100 more pounds to drop seems insurmountable.
Maddierose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddierose View Post
Hi all, what a great thread! I have 100lbs to lose and I feel overwhelmed. I've lost 44lbs, yet 100 more pounds to drop seems insurmountable.
to you too nice to meet you!
i am a SAHM sigh about to be an empty nester!
i have 2 boys Kenny 23 and Steven 17 and i am a mother in law and will be a grandma in November
my DH had a bad motorcycle wreck last summer and a "migraine stroke" 3 weeks ago soo a lot of my posts will be about these things for a while and our future being uncertain but i will try my best to support you all
Old 05-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #276

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
to our new members. It's great to have some new people posting. Shelly Belle---just take it in smaller increments. Looking at the whole amount we have to lose makes it seem impossible. I go for 10 lb increments.

I also have 2 boys--one is 18 and one is 14. Both are just finishing up their first years at their new schools, college and h.s. I have a dog and an outside cat that my dh doesn't like. lol I work pt at a church but need to get a new job very soon. I had weight loss surgery(sleeve) on Dec 3 and am learning my new way of eating/etc. It was the best thing I ever did for myself.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!

Last edited by chewiegand; 05-16-2013 at 07:03 AM..
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #277

got up before everyone folded a laundry load started another one, cleaned a litter pan RODE THE BIKE FOR 3 1/2 MINUTES, got started on the dishes and Steven's cake made french toast cleaned the microwave ken and Steven swept and mopped the living room LOL seemed to be a whole lot more stuff i was doing WHILE i was doing it still need to go dye my hair and then get started on making the icing for the cake SOOO HOT and since we were using the oven we turned on the A/C
Ken is soo tired and IDK i am exhausted i played music the whole time i was in the kitchen LOL
i still don't really know what to do for Steven for Saturday i have some grad paper plates and a small banner

that is the pan for his cake
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Welcome Shelly!!!!!!!!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Welcome!!!! Geez...we have 3 new people!!! Welcome to everyone and may the pounds shed quickly away!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
got up before everyone folded a laundry load started another one, cleaned a litter pan RODE THE BIKE FOR 3 1/2 MINUTES, got started on the dishes and Steven's cake made french toast cleaned the microwave ken and Steven swept and mopped the living room LOL seemed to be a whole lot more stuff i was doing WHILE i was doing it still need to go dye my hair and then get started on making the icing for the cake SOOO HOT and since we were using the oven we turned on the A/C
Ken is soo tired and IDK i am exhausted i played music the whole time i was in the kitchen LOL
i still don't really know what to do for Steven for Saturday i have some grad paper plates and a small banner

that is the pan for his cake
Cute pan Deb!! I'm sure whatever you come up with Steven will love and appreciate it. Have you asked him what he might like to do or somewhere special he might like going?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Cute pan Deb!! I'm sure whatever you come up with Steven will love and appreciate it. Have you asked him what he might like to do or somewhere special he might like going?
yeah i have asked he doesn't know. i am sure he would like too have friends to hang with or a big family party with presents and stuff
he wouldn't tell me aanyways if he would like to do something because he is afraid of it costing too much with how everything is right now
Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #282

somebody make me go dye my hair
lol i got one of the 1$ boxes from the dollar tree wonder how it will turn out?
Old 05-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Once I had a friend who turned her hair green. She came banging on my door to go with her to to get something to turn it back. I swear it was green. Really green!!! She wouldn't even get out of the car to go in to get something. I laughed so hard!! Still laugh just thinking of it.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
I need support - was lazy and stopped coming to the boards. Didn't work out well. Back on the wagon officially Monday - already dropped 4.5lbs. (water weight, but still nice)

Are you doing Atkins Induction? A modified lc? How much have you lost before? How long ago?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:17 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

somebody make me go dye my hair
lol i got one of the 1$ boxes from the dollar tree wonder how it will turn out?
Deb, how did the haircolor turn out? I have never tried an off brand from the dollar store. Didn't even know they carried them. We have a Dollar Tree close by. I usually stick with Preference by L'Oreal. Like to watch for sales and combine with coupon. Usually get it around 4$. Could prob get for a bit less at the drugstores with their rewards programs and bonus bucks but I don't have time to successfully keep up with the drugstore games. Sure hope it turned out the color you wanted and that it doesn't fade quickly. Keep us updated.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is such a cute cake pan Deb! Did you find that locally or online?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So, when did you start? I will ask you the same questions that I asked ShelleyBelle: Are you doing Atkins? Modified lc? Congrats on losing 44 lbs!! You can do it. Set yourself some minigoals and have a reward at each goal. You know, pedicure, manicure, new bracelet, buying a new yarn for a new scarf, going to a particular outing--museum, etc. What incentives do you think would work for you? What do you like to do? Good luck! Keep us posted.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Meant to say, I love the teacups in your avi pic. My mom collects teacups! we used to love to look at them when we were young. She has some unique ones. Just noticed that you are from Tennessee. Me, too! Although I don't live there anymore, my parents still do.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How did your day go yesterday? Stay on plan? Any upcoming challenges? Do you do Memorial Day BBQs? What have you got planned?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:30 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
no you didnt miss me, i just showed up yesterday randomly lol

thanks for the great welcome
How have the past couple of days been for you? Hope you remained on your plan and resisted temptations. Do you have Memorial day Weekend plans?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am talking to myself on here since I am up so early. Woke up around 4:00. I had a busy day yesterday and think I remained on my current eating plan. I managed to go visit my friend in the hospital last night. Her double mastectomy went well. I am going over to sit with her this afternoon while her husband goes to bring her son home from university as he has to be out of the dorm by 4:30.

The dh is off today and wants to take me out to eat for lunch. I am pretty sure he wants to go to Cinzettis which is an Italian Pasta Bar place. It is an awesome restaurant but pretty much not on my current weight loss plan. Drat! My son gave his dad a gift card to this restaurant for Christmas and we need to use it before it is voided.... Then tomorrow my daughter has a dance competition at Worlds of Fun which is like a Dollywood. Food there is expensive and not on plan either! Good think I am have carbs added back into my woe! I shall do a down day on Sunday to make up!

Have a good day Ladies!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Once I had a friend who turned her hair green. She came banging on my door to go with her to to get something to turn it back. I swear it was green. Really green!!! She wouldn't even get out of the car to go in to get something. I laughed so hard!! Still laugh just thinking of it.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #293

Good morning. My brother is here and loved the gyros. He might go golfing with my dad later. My ds14 has a scrimmage tonight that I'm going to at 6. I didn't go to any games last season due to my self image(too fat, unhealthy, etc) I admit I am nervous. Plus I'm back to having nightmares again. Ugh.

Plus the stupid scale is taunting me. I'm 1 pound from the 80 lbs gone I wanted to see this week. GRRRRR
Old 05-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #294
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShellyBelle
Stats: 352/303/160
WOE: Atkins/Natural Eating
Start Date: 1/6/14
Hi everyone - I've been doing very well this week. I normally do something horrible by day 3 due to cravings but have broken that and moving into day 5 strong. So I'm excited!!!! I'm down another 1.5lbs. which is awesome!

I'm not grocery shopping until tomorrow so I took a chuck roast out for dinner - anyone have a tried and true crock pot recipe (going to run home and lunch and fire it up) that's induction friendly? I'm working late tonight and really don't want to be stuck cooking when I get home.

I've glanced at the recipe forum but I'd love to hear from you guys.
ShellyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #295

Quote:
Hi everyone - I've been doing very well this week. I normally do something horrible by day 3 due to cravings but have broken that and moving into day 5 strong. So I'm excited!!!! I'm down another 1.5lbs. which is awesome!

I'm not grocery shopping until tomorrow so I took a chuck roast out for dinner - anyone have a tried and true crock pot recipe (going to run home and lunch and fire it up) that's induction friendly? I'm working late tonight and really don't want to be stuck cooking when I get home.

I've glanced at the recipe forum but I'd love to hear from you guys.
This is a good recipe.

Crockpot Beef Roast
1 Beef Roast (to fit your crockpot)
1/2 Cup of Water
1 Packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
1 Packet of Italian Dressing Mix
1 Packet of Brown Gravy Mix
Put roast in crockpot, pour water around the base. Sprinkle all 3 dry seasoning packets over roast. Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
**If I am using a small roast, I only use ½ of the packets. Otherwise, it’s too salty AND you can stretch your food $ without sacrificing taste!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. My brother is here and loved the gyros. He might go golfing with my dad later. My ds14 has a scrimmage tonight that I'm going to at 6. I didn't go to any games last season due to my self image(too fat, unhealthy, etc) I admit I am nervous. Plus I'm back to having nightmares again. Ugh.

Plus the stupid scale is taunting me. I'm 1 pound from the 80 lbs gone I wanted to see this week. GRRRRR
Chewie, I heard on Dr. Oz yesterday that when you have dreams and as soon as you wake up you should have a pen and paper next to your bed. Write the dream/dreams down before they leave you. They said many times the dreams are related to stress.

Enjoy going to those games this year!!!!!!!! I'm a little jealous of your weight loss and all .

WTG Shelly!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
This is a good recipe.

Crockpot Beef Roast
1 Beef Roast (to fit your crockpot)
1/2 Cup of Water
1 Packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
1 Packet of Italian Dressing Mix
1 Packet of Brown Gravy Mix
Put roast in crockpot, pour water around the base. Sprinkle all 3 dry seasoning packets over roast. Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
**If I am using a small roast, I only use ½ of the packets. Otherwise, it’s too salty AND you can stretch your food $ without sacrificing taste!
YUM!!!!!! This looks great!

Shelly, go to Linda Sue's low carb recipes. She has the best of the best!! She also rates them and has pictures of most of them.

Maddie....I'm with kcmama when it comes to tea cups. I love them also!! This Nana here loves having tea parties with my grand daughters!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/345.5/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey All XD

I've had a few very crazy busy weeks!
MidTerms were crazy but I got through them and then the last few weeks I was not only working my regular job but also working at my parents store, covering for them while on vacation. At the end of the day I was basically falling into bed. Starting tomorrow things should go back to normal.

I have A LOT of reading to catch up on... I hope everyone is well.

Low-carb wise, I am still sticking with it but I've been totally stalled the last 3 weeks...probably due to all the stress from mid-term and such. Hopefully as things get back to my normal I will start losing again.

Anyway, I just had a moment to pop in and say HI!!!! I am still here!!! LOL

Have a HAPPY FRIDAY!

>Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/345.5/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Well, it got slow at my parents store so I took the opportunity to catch up on some reading WHEW!

Deb – I am so sorry to read about Ken. I hope they find something anything to get him some help. I just wish I could reach through this computer and give you a BIG HUG. I’m so sorry about all those Dr troubles.
Although late, Congratz to Steven about that A on his final. That is awesome!
I am so sorry to read that Steven prom didn’t go well and that Ken lost his job 

I was also reading about Ashley and Kenny –here in Oregon they offer subsidized housing. Do they have that out there? Basically if one of them got a job, they could apply for subsidized housing and get an apartment pretty cheap. I was homeless in 2006 (stupid ex husband….bad situation…anyway) I did have a job and within a couple weeks was able to get an apartment and I only paid $200/mo incl electricity/water/etc. The only thing I had to pay extra for was cable/internet. There is help….

Your post on the 6th…exhausted me just reading it. I think you’re an amazing person Deb. You are handling everything very well. I will pray that you continue to have all the strength you need and that things will start looking better & calmer!

Yay on the scholarship! That’s aweseome! That kitty planter pic…sooo cute! Congratz on using the recumbent bike to all  WOOOO HOOO…see there is a whole bunch of positive right there…

Chewie - Water question. How in the world do you drink that much water? I try to but I get bored with water and honestly don’t drink nearly as much as I should. What is your secret??????

Lucky – I just read about your fall…I’m a few weeks late but I hope you’re doing well & are all healed up!

Mona - HI!!!! So sorry to read about your blood pressure troubles…I hope they figure out something…

OkSue- Gas up here just spiked to $3.98. Big hugs to Layla!!

Reptogirl- ShellyBelle & MadieRose

__________________________________________________ ____________

I still have the clothes…that says how busy I’ve been! I am loading them up tonight to finally take them down to the consignment store. I went through over 60 hangers (WOW!)..lost count after that. I had no idea I had that many clothes we don’t use!

Mothers Day? I hope ya’ll had a great one… mine started great but ended up with the kids fighting all day long. but oh well...thats how it is sometimes.

With Father's Day coming up - I got really lucky. I went to Goodwill and found a German Beer Mug with nice Pewter lid in excellent condition for $6!!! He collects them so that was an EASY! Fathers Day gift!

My brothers BDay is coming up in a little less than a month...I have NO idea what to get him.

College wise - things are starting to look up a little...I just paid half of the bill today thanks to my fiance's help. He finally came through. Althought were in week 7 of 12.... at least I finally got half paid off!! He knows we can not come to Canada at the end of June if I owe the school $$$ because I am not going to leave that owing so...perhaps that motivated him to help pay this now. My grades are good this term too...so I should be able to get my FA back next term WOOT!

Anyway, this post is getting way too long. LOL I am going to clean the store. I plan to leave it in extra super-clean condition so that when my parents come back to it next week they don't have to deal with as much stuff.

Happy Friday!!!
>Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Deb, how did the haircolor turn out? I have never tried an off brand from the dollar store. Didn't even know they carried them. We have a Dollar Tree close by. I usually stick with Preference by L'Oreal. Like to watch for sales and combine with coupon. Usually get it around 4$. Could prob get for a bit less at the drugstores with their rewards programs and bonus bucks but I don't have time to successfully keep up with the drugstore games. Sure hope it turned out the color you wanted and that it doesn't fade quickly. Keep us updated.
it was not quite enough to do all my hair but heck it covered the greys better than the high priced stuff and blended in PERFECTLY with my natural color so it really doesn't look dyed! i was surprised ESPECIALLY cause i still had the dye on when Ken said yesterday Debbie you gotta take me in to the ER get ready
so i had to hurry and get it rinsed out and towel tdry it enough to keep from dripping to go
we are home after the ER trip and staying in the hospital and know nothing more than we did before
instructions when the pain gets unbearable again to come back in to the ER and keep the MRI appointment with the VA tuesday is all
i am soo scared and exhausted and feel soo alone
tomorrow is Steven's graduation and i have NOTHING ready for the poor kid