Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Hello All

I had a few crazy busy days. I hope ya'll are doing well.
This week is my first week of my Spring Term. I am taking 2 classes online but my 3rd is on campus only - so that means driving there on Wednesday - 40 min each way.
Its a required class so ...I just tell myself ... its temporarily. I don't have the book yet - can't afford to get it til later...hopefully it won't be a problem today.

Melinda - So sorry about those papers...

Lony - Glad to hear your hubby is coming home today :-)

I didn't get a chance to go read all 7 April pages...I have to go take the kids to school in a few minutes but I hope everyone is doing good.

I changed my weigh-in day to Mondays because I can use the digital scale at work...only down 2 lbs last week but I'll take it.

Anyway...I better go, kids have to get to school and then shortly thereafter I have to drive to class.

Have a great day everyone...I hope everyone had a good Easter too!!!

>>Annett
Hey Annett, good luck with the new term. One thing about taking courses like that it helps with a routine and makes you get organized if you want to succeed. Congrats on the loss. You are two pounds closer to your goal! It all counts --- 1/4 lb, 2 lbs, 10 lbs they all get you where you want to be in the end.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Ok it is on to do something constructive.. I will tell you what it is later LOLOL!!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
OMG LYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i I have talked until I was blue in the face... I mean BLUE IN THE FACE...I even threw something at him on Sunday because he was talking foolish....they know in this house I am the practical one.. and I told him Monday Night.. we had a 3 hour talk.. that people with college degrees now are going into 26 to 28 thousand dollars a year jobs.. and I told him how foolish it was for him to emasse a huge loan and half of it be for the school dorms.. I have told him all this.. and MORE..I told him if he wanted to live on Campus then he should work this year and save his money and pay for it that way.. I told him a 25 minute drive to college is nothing, most people do triple and more to go to a job...other than crack his head open, there is nothing more I can say...I told him to get a job and save for a car.. I told him I told him I told him....but he is going to be 18 next month and I don't know what else to do but keep telling him..I told him we haven't ever treated you badly at home.. and he smiled and said that wasn't the point of course not...he sees the way hubs and I struggle to make ends meet and we don't...we shop meat markdowns.. you rarely see me writing I bought clothes or jewels.. just an occasional getaway... that my hub's sister gets the hotel rooms for us and pays for dinner..and I bought hubs the fan.. but I can't get it thru his thick skull...and I can't keep taking on this stress day in and day out...
They just want to get away and be displaying their independance Melinda. Don't worry. Time will fly by and in 3-4 years he may very well be moving back in with you. LOL My oldest did! She registered yesterday to take the LSAT in June.....
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
OMG LYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i I have talked until I was blue in the face... I mean BLUE IN THE FACE...I even threw something at him on Sunday because he was talking foolish....they know in this house I am the practical one.. and I told him Monday Night.. we had a 3 hour talk.. that people with college degrees now are going into 26 to 28 thousand dollars a year jobs.. and I told him how foolish it was for him to emasse a huge loan and half of it be for the school dorms.. I have told him all this.. and MORE..I told him if he wanted to live on Campus then he should work this year and save his money and pay for it that way.. I told him a 25 minute drive to college is nothing, most people do triple and more to go to a job...other than crack his head open, there is nothing more I can say...I told him to get a job and save for a car.. I told him I told him I told him....but he is going to be 18 next month and I don't know what else to do but keep telling him..I told him we haven't ever treated you badly at home.. and he smiled and said that wasn't the point of course not...he sees the way hubs and I struggle to make ends meet and we don't...we shop meat markdowns.. you rarely see me writing I bought clothes or jewels.. just an occasional getaway... that my hub's sister gets the hotel rooms for us and pays for dinner..and I bought hubs the fan.. but I can't get it thru his thick skull...and I can't keep taking on this stress day in and day out...
Sounds like you have about covered it all..and all excellent suggestions...after the first two years of paying son #1"s tuition..and he was just having a ball for himself...we said...ummm...no...the gravy wagon is now cut off...amazing how much better he did when he was paying for it himself...he even got a job in the cafeteria so he could eat...your son is on the young side...I kept mine out so they were older for their grade...he is trying to keep up with his peers...who probably know less than he does.. I have said it before...and I will say it again...and you can tell him to look it up....the first two years are a rehash of HS...how much do you want to pay for that??...go to the least expensive school you can...the education in these courses is no different..do well...and then think about transferring at some point.

and I might add..the one child of mine who never finished school is making the most salary...not that I recommend it...it just happens to be true in my case...one went to a specialized school...not a trade school...he has jobs being offered coming out of his ears...one went to a regular state school...majored in business...when he got out...there was not a job to be found at that time....learn to do something few people know how to do...

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 04-03-2013 at 10:11 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So at what point...you know what else am I to do??? we have no money to help him thru college...The down payments they require.. has to go on a charge card from us...it's stressing me out and giving me pains in my chest.. so I have said what I can say and I have to let it go.. or else I am going to die of a stroke.. the thought of that student loan over my kid's head makes me physically sick..Out here they give more help to people who are here illegally because he showed me on paper how much help they get as opposed to him who worked hard for his grades...so other than lock him in a room there is nothing more I can do...seriously...
Oh I know...when the well was dry..my husband wouldn't sign for anymore loans..and because my daughter wasn't an unwed, pregnant and who know what all person...there was nothing available she could get on her own...and she researched it thoroughly...luckily everything turned out okay..but, it shows how screwed up things are...college is so glorified...I don't think it's healthy in many ways...I think it should be an "option"...not the be all and end all of a person's success in life.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh..he will be back...LOL Mine all came back...but, I had left..LOL Dad got his turn...they can all do laundry now.....including him..from what I hear...they have since all left...have homes and families...thank you, Lord for keeping me sane and them safe.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

One more point, Melinda..which you might mention casually...you not only owe the money you borrowed...you have to pay interest...let him calculate the interest on say...$40,000...my DBF..(darling boyfriend, Melinda..lol)...owed about that when I met him...very often each month he managed to pay the interest only...$300 or thereabouts a month...for NOTHINIG...nothing came off the balance...harsh reality...which a 17 year old is not aware of until it's too late...not to mention...you owe that money...the minute you graduate...got a job yet?...no?...tough.

Relax Melinda...you need to stay calm...because in the end...the universe takes over anyway..
Old 04-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #248

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Melindapoo I am so proud of you for doing chair yoga! Get those knees back into shape and nothing will stop ya.

I have been running this morning. Vacuumed, changed the kitty box went for a run with the dog. Then I took some crafty stuff to storage, got coffee and washed and detailed the envoy. Now I have to change the sheets and shave my legs
Old 04-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #249

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Melind I AM HOPING MAYBE sTEVEN WILL BE ABLE TO GET SOME WORK STUDY AT COLLEGE HAS YOUR SON MENTIONED THAT? ANY PENNY THAT IS LOWERED FROM THE LOANS (soory not shouting caps lock again) any penny helps
gah i wish we would hear something from one of those job apps steven has put in
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #250

I guess I should be blessed my son wants to go out and fly and not stay with us. But he is stubborn and hard headed and a big know it all..I hear you Lynn.....trust me I have told him that and so much more..so at some point I have to think of my health..because this has been bothering me more than it should.....I even told him do you know how much your goung to have to make, go pay loans and live on your own!!? Grrrr....
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #251

dudes serios business shaving the legs! hubba hubba Lony!
did ya get chili dogs??

i am dying for some of that rubeun dip Melinda mentioned
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Melindapoo I am so proud of you for doing chair yoga! Get those knees back into shape and nothing will stop ya.

I have been running this morning. Vacuumed, changed the kitty box went for a run with the dog. Then I took some crafty stuff to storage, got coffee and washed and detailed the envoy. Now I have to change the sheets and shave my legs
Whew , I am already tired!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #253

who wants to go to wally world with me after steven gets out of class?? ugh hate going this time of days but saying a trip saves gas
Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #254

geeze i just saw thw word RUN omg lony!!

did eliza check back in last night??
Old 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

and I am going to mention one more teeny, tiny thing...kids are brainwashed into thinking because they have a college degree it automatically secures them a job...maybe a job....one that pays enough to pay off student loans...rent an apartment...buy a car...pay insurance...umm...maybe in a few unprecented cases...do fancy schools pay off better...do the ones who go to high priced colleges do better...do you know anyone who is more successful because of it...I think those who are very smart and end up getting scholarships to these schools probably do well...but, those schools don't run on those scholarships...they run on the people who want to say...or the kid who wants to say...I go to...wherever.

I am going to sit down now...lol..just felt the need to share what I have observed.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I guess I should be blessed my son wants to go out and fly and not stay with us. But he is stubborn and hard headed and a big know it all..I hear you Lynn.....trust me I have told him that and so much more..so at some point I have to think of my health..because this has been bothering me more than it should.....I even told him do you know how much your goung to have to make, go pay loans and live on your own!!? Grrrr....
Oh they all want to fly off on their own...and then they want to fly home..
Old 04-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
geeze i just saw thw word RUN omg lony!!

did eliza check back in last night??
trust me it was not by choice! two big dogs got loose and they were chasing Fred. flipped out of his collar and was running for home. I was running after them because they would have eaten him for lunch. Luckily he is okay he was just scared.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
who wants to go to wally world with me after steven gets out of class?? ugh hate going this time of days but saying a trip saves gas
Only if we can go when it opens at 7am...
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #259

Quote:
trust me it was not by choice! two big dogs got loose and they were chasing Fred. flipped out of his collar and was running for home. I was running after them because they would have eaten him for lunch. Luckily he is okay he was just scared.
OMG Lonykins..sounds pretty bad....glad your both ok..
Old 04-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
and I am going to mention one more teeny, tiny thing...kids are brainwashed into thinking because they have a college degree it automatically secures them a job...maybe a job....one that pays enough to pay off student loans...rent an apartment...buy a car...pay insurance...umm...maybe in a few unprecented cases...do fancy schools pay off better...do the ones who go to high priced colleges do better...do you know anyone who is more successful because of it...I think those who are very smart and end up getting scholarships to these schools probably do well...but, those schools don't run on those scholarships...they run on the people who want to say...or the kid who wants to say...I go to...wherever.

I am going to sit down now...lol..just felt the need to share what I have observed.
No I totally agree with you.. that was part of our argument on Sunday, when I threw 3 boxes of splenda at him.. I said after you pay your huge student loan, how are you going to pay rent, bills etc etc etc...He sees us struggling like no one else...I said do you think your going to get a job right away making zillions of dollars...plus he goes to school with very rich kids....and we aren't one of them obviously.... he knows the difference between them and him.. seriously Lynn.. I don't know what else to do or say to him...no doubt there is a good chance he is going to end up back here....
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #261

I just had a pear and a honey tangerine for breakfast.....that honey tangerine is delicious....
Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

You have given him food for thought...you have done great!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #263

so have you Lynn...
Old 04-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Melinda...
Old 04-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #265

Chores are all done. Now i wait
Old 04-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #266

Quote:
OMG POOR FRED!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #267

Quote:
Only if we can go when it opens at 7am...
MELINDA it was horrible just horrible! i forgot it was the 3rd of the month! i told the checker "man you guys are swamped" she said it is the third! UGH you could not MOVE and they had no hot dog buns at all struck me as funny!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Sounds like you have about covered it all..and all excellent suggestions...after the first two years of paying son #1"s tuition..and he was just having a ball for himself...we said...ummm...no...the gravy wagon is now cut off...amazing how much better he did when he was paying for it himself...he even got a job in the cafeteria so he could eat...your son is on the young side...I kept mine out so they were older for their grade...he is trying to keep up with his peers...who probably know less than he does.. I have said it before...and I will say it again...and you can tell him to look it up....the first two years are a rehash of HS...how much do you want to pay for that??...go to the least expensive school you can...the education in these courses is no different..do well...and then think about transferring at some point.

and I might add..the one child of mine who never finished school is making the most salary...not that I recommend it...it just happens to be true in my case...one went to a specialized school...not a trade school...he has jobs being offered coming out of his ears...one went to a regular state school...majored in business...when he got out...there was not a job to be found at that time....learn to do something few people know how to do...[/quote]
I would never tell anyone NOT to go to college but some kids are not college material. Our son did NOT go to college and yet he owns his own business and does what he loves for a living and makes mega money at doing it. He says there are days he drives to work and still can't believe he is doing what he loves and gets paid for doing it.
Our oldest daughter on the other hand just finished up school and will be graduating in May with her doctoral degree. She has spent countless hours in school and studying. She is 37 and school has been her life.
I guess it is different stokes for different folks!!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #269

Old 04-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
once shells get into an egg salad.. the dish is over LOL!!!
OMG.... same goes for me Melinda!! It gages me! It's almost as bad as getting a hair in my food. Double
Closed Thread