Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
The turnip fries sound like a great option..I sent it to a few people...I have only had them mashed up on Thanksgiving...and don't really recall the flavor...mild I think??

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Great job! Well, you and Melinda have inspired me. So, yesterday I took the plunge and joined an Aqua Mix class. I am doing it for an hour twice a week, M and W. It works on muscle toning, cardio, upper body strengthening, and stretching. There is a 15-20 min warmup in the lazy river channel, then leg strengthening and upper body/core exercises. Then we move to the lap pool for aerobic exercises and more intense (shudder) upper bodywork using resistance equipment. End with some more core and leg toning and a cool down period. Hopefully this will help me get in shape. I am looking forward to the core and strengthening stuff. I have noticed how weak I have gotten. I can barely lift anything anymore, old lady that I have let myself become. You don't use it, you lose it, right?! I am finding that out. The thing that kills me is having to get into a bathing suit. I hide my legs all the time. I never wear shorts or swimsuit! But, I have got to stop hiding.
oh i would LOVE to do that!! good for you!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Today is my 4 month surgiversary---if there is such a thing. I am down 65 pounds. This is working!!!!!
:jump joy:
Old 04-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Lynn...she has your smile and she parts her hair just like mom's!
kcmama.....I'm sorry the water isn't warm. Ours was really warm for people who was there due to arthritis. On the rare day the water was a little cool there was lots of moans and complaints!!LOL They had trouble from time to time with the heat pump if I recall right.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #215

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning I am friggen cranky and mean and nasty today...my knees are killing me.. and wish TOM would rear it's ugly head so I can friggen get rid of this bloat and knee pain.. so don't mess with me.. cause I am out for blood!!!!!!

Annett.. Thank you...my husband said him and his coworkers were talking and they think that maybe a student found out where we live and took it.. cause there are 2 of them that aren't doing very well....sonny boy and I tend to doubt that.. but you never know... as long as he gets the copies from the office he requested he can recreate...and as long as his boss doesn't call to hassle and say rude mean things.. cause that's what she does.. even when my husband says hi how are you.. something nasty comes out of that useless women's mouth...

KcMOM....no walking today.. my knees are pulsating like a blender.. I swear...

Chewie the only way I have ever lost weight with no problems.. if I didn't eat...and boom it melted off along with my hair... but my willpower and motivation are out the window right now...By the way congrats on your weight loss.. very awesome...and you know I bought these 4 ounce containers of greek is it Chilbani not sure yogurt... its coffee and chocolate...coffee flavor with chocolate chips.. and I almost spit it out.. I just hate yogurt...except for those Yoplait Whips... I guess cause the horrible sour taste is not as bad as the others...anyway...

Lynn.. Good Morning...

Sue.. I love those Turnip fries....I think I may grab a couple and make it this weekend.. I made a melted cheese sauce as a dip. LOL!! always gotta screw it up LOLOL..See you in the office my friend..

Lony.. Good Morning...

I am just rambling away here and feeling mean...so I am going to do something productive....
Old 04-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

Good day to call you crazy??...LOL

I told you I fell last Saturday..and killed my knee...ice, Melinda..has saved me...do you have the soft packs that you put in the freezer...I throw them in a lightweight pillow case and put them on whatever is hurting at the moment...icing is magic Melinda...I would ice your knees has often as you can..and definately invest in the soft gel packs because they form around whatever you are icing.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #217

I am sorry to hear that Lynn.. hope your feeling better...I have a package of frozen peas and carrots.. that I keep on the knees in times like this.. my retired doctor and the new one both told me to do that...they both said because it bends easier to the knees....man especially this month I feel like I am going insane.. I swear...anyway...and it's getting warmer and warmer and warmer......

Lony.. no walking today for me.. however I just did 15 minutes of Chair Yoga.. so I tried to do something....
Old 04-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Did you ever find the fan, Melinda?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #219

off to take Steven to college

melinda dollar general has fans reasonably priced
Old 04-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #220

I did I did Ladies...I went to Big Lots and bought one for 19.99.. it isn't as thick as mine.. but who cares LOL!!!! that store is tons of fun.. man....they have tons of pool stuff...and who knew they sold furniture...

Deb.. we don't have a dollar general store.. we have a dollar tree or the 99 cent store...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #221

that is a good price anyways Melinda
Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #222

Darn Deb.. Imagine, we had to take it out of the box and sonny boy had to put it together...jeese..

Deb.. this week is spring break....not for Steven??
Old 04-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #223

Chewie.. do you make crackers from almond meal?? and if yes.. is good.. and do you make them with almond meal and water or egg and cheese????
Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

The thing with fans here in CA..Melinda...(mine is a box fan in the window which runs 24/7)...they get so dirty...not to mention the screen...last time I took a fan apart to wash it..I said..never again...I try to get them for about $10 at Walmart...and donate the other one that needs cleaning to someone who has the energy for it...LOL
Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #225

OMG Lynn I almost spit my coffee out.. because my son said the same thing you did, yesterday LOL!!!! yeah I take my feather duster, I blow on it.. or the blow dryer..because if you don't, there is no air coming out of that fan...I have a standing fan that stands right at the foot of my bed and a ceiling fan.. and finally last summer, poor hubs said OMG MELINDA I can't breathe in here it's so hot to sleep..I waited too long.. I wanted to go to Walfarts in the winter to get one.. but now the prices are creeping up.. that's why I ran to BIG Lots and got the 19.99 fan...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #226

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Melinda---I was feeling mean yesterday. LOL HUGS Sorry about your knees and all.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie.. do you make crackers from almond meal?? and if yes.. is good.. and do you make them with almond meal and water or egg and cheese????
The best ones I have found are Linda Sue's almond thins. Here's the recipe.

ALMOND THINS
3 ounces almond flour, 3/4 cup
2 teaspoons granular Splenda
1 egg white
3/8 teaspoon salt *
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Mix all of the ingredients well in a small bowl. Everything should be moist and the dough should hold together somewhat. Put the dough on a well-greased sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, about 15x18". It's helpful to crumble the dough mixture and spread the crumbs in a roughly rectangular shape on the foil. Cover the dough with a piece of wax paper that's been sprayed with non-stick spray. Roll out the dough to about 1/8" thick or slightly thinner. Try to get the dough to an even thickness. You can also carefully peel up the wax paper and reshape the dough to get it as close to rectangular as possible, about 9x9" square. Replace the wax paper and continue rolling until nice and even. Peel off the wax paper and use a pizza or ravioli cutter to score the dough into approximately 1-inch squares. I cut 8 strips one direction and 6 strips the other way after running the cutter down all four sides to even out the rectangle.

Lift the foil and set it on the oven rack and bake them at 325║ for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Check after 10 minutes and if crackers at outer edge are getting pretty brown, remove those and continue baking the rest until golden. I used a thin metal spatula to very gently pry the crackers from the foil. Break them apart on the score lines and let cool. They will keep for weeks in an airtight container in your pantry.
Makes about 48 crackers Can be frozen
* I used 1/2 teaspoon salt originally and thought they were a little too salty, but my husband didn't think so.
Per batch: 515 Calories; 43g Fat; 22g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carbs
Per 8 crackers: 86 Calories; 7g Fat; 4g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs
I found that they work better when rolled out on parchment paper rather than heavy foil. They don't stick to it like they tend to do with foil. I placed the parchment paper with the dough on a large baking sheet. They also seemed to bake more evenly this way. These little snacks are very much like real crackers. You'd never know they were made of ground almonds. They are sturdy enough for dipping too.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #228

Melinda--Linda also had this listed as a variation but I've never made them. I'm not that big on sweet crackers.

CINNAMON THINS
3 ounces almond flour, 3/4 cup
4 teaspoons granular Splenda (try 8 teaspoons)
1 egg white
Pinch salt (try 1/8 teaspoon)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (try 1/2 teaspoon)
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
Topping:
1 teaspoon granular Splenda
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Make the same as for the Almond Thins, but sprinkle the topping over the dough before baking. Spread the topping evening over the dough with your hand.
Makes about 48-64 crackers
Per batch: 532 Calories; 43g Fat; 21g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 12g Net Carbs
Per 8 crackers: 67 Calories; 5g Fat; 3g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
These need a bit more tweaking. Next time I will try them with the quantities in parenthesis. The carb counts are based on the adjusted quantities
Old 04-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #229

Quote:
Darn Deb.. Imagine, we had to take it out of the box and sonny boy had to put it together...jeese..

Deb.. this week is spring break....not for Steven??
high school has srping break this week the college had it 2 weeks ago would have been nice if they were at the same time

is your son on break too?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #230

Chewie.. Thank you.. I am going to make that Reuben Dip on Sunday.. I bought an extra corned beef during St Patricks day weekend..just to make it.. so I wanted something to dip for hubs and I....though I am not adding the catsup, that's in the recipe..... I am not fond of thousand island dressing at all..
Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Chewie...do you find it interesting how little you get to eat to lose weight...congrats by the way...you are doing awesome...I imagine...things you used to deal with by eating sometimes rear their ugly head...and instead of eating you have to deal with it in another way...so, if you get to feeling weird..there is a good explanation for it..until you adjust..I would think..anyway.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #232

Deb.. he is on Spring Break until April 9th....I feel like this is the last bit of high school I have with him, until he goes forward....He and his friend Kevin and Daniel went down to visit the school that he is going to pick.. it's a smaller college and he came back with the long face yesterday because it wasn't USC....somehow he wants to get into doing something with football.. and the football coach of this college has been emailing him back and forth.. and telling him he can do a unpaid like apprentice ship with him...forgot what the word is...and what classes he would need.. my only thing was why are you going to have student loan for a degree that is so minimal.. so he decided to major in business and whatever.. at some point, like I told Sue and Lonykins.. I have to let it go to GOD or whoever and I need to let him make his own path.. even if a burdensome loan.. that is his choice..He is a good kid, knock wood...and I have to trust what else can I do...I am tired of the worrying and worrying and worrying and worrying and worrying...

So after I cry my eyes out.. I am going to look around for a place to take a class....that's what I decided...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Chewie...do you find it interesting how little you get to eat to lose weight...congrats by the way...you are doing awesome...I imagine...things you used to deal with by eating sometimes rear their ugly head...and instead of eating you have to deal with it in another way...so, if you get to feeling weird..there is a good explanation for it..until you adjust..I would think..anyway.
Yes, definitely have to find a way to deal with the emotions. The surgery was not on my brain. Now I tend to get up and do something when I get upset and it seems to help. Plus I pray and cry sometimes too and that lets off stress also.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #234

Quote:
Chewie.. Thank you.. I am going to make that Reuben Dip on Sunday.. I bought an extra corned beef during St Patricks day weekend..just to make it.. so I wanted something to dip for hubs and I....though I am not adding the catsup, that's in the recipe..... I am not fond of thousand island dressing at all..
If you like caraway seeds, you might sprinkle them with those---that would be great with reuben dip---like rye bread.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Deb.. he is on Spring Break until April 9th....I feel like this is the last bit of high school I have with him, until he goes forward....He and his friend Kevin and Daniel went down to visit the school that he is going to pick.. it's a smaller college and he came back with the long face yesterday because it wasn't USC....somehow he wants to get into doing something with football.. and the football coach of this college has been emailing him back and forth.. and telling him he can do a unpaid like apprentice ship with him...forgot what the word is...and what classes he would need.. my only thing was why are you going to have student loan for a degree that is so minimal.. so he decided to major in business and whatever.. at some point, like I told Sue and Lonykins.. I have to let it go to GOD or whoever and I need to let him make his own path.. even if a burdensome loan.. that is his choice..He is a good kid, knock wood...and I have to trust what else can I do...I am tired of the worrying and worrying and worrying and worrying and worrying...

So after I cry my eyes out.. I am going to look around for a place to take a class....that's what I decided...
Hold up.. He doesn't have the knowledge of life that you do...you have to share it strongly with him...just like the condom thing...let him know you understand how he feels..but, you, Melinda must share all the pros and cons you are aware of....some student loans needing to be repaid are one thing...outrageous ones ruin a person's life. Remember ... he has no conception of what it takes to earn a dollar...never mind $80,000 of them. I could ramble on Melinda...but, I won't...be strong, be kind...and then you will never regret trying to warn him...when he is paying back a small student loan...he will thank his lucky stars he listened to you.

I mention this because I have been there three times...and learned so much more than I knew when I started.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 04-03-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #236

I will have to look around for that....I was going to make almond meal crackers.. but then I thought to myself.. I can use those Special K Crackers.. like 25 of them are 2 to 3 WW points...and instead of the swiss I am going to use Provolone....I am already thinking about menu for Sunday.....

Call me a dumb dumb.. it's ok.. but what is with that Special Announcement?? on Food trackers and stuff.. sometimes I get the feeling that this sight doesn't want anyone sharing information about anything.. aww well it's all good...I need a WW points calculator and they don't have here.. watch me get in trouble..
Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Hold up.. He doesn't have the knowledge of life that you do...you have to share it strongly with him...just like the condom thing...let him know you understand how he feels..but, you, Melinda must share all the pros and cons you are aware of....some student loans needing to be repaid are one thing...outrageous ones ruin a person's life. Remember ... he has no conception of what it takes to earn a dollar...never mind $80,000 of them. I could ramble on Melinda...but, I won't...be strong, be kind...and then you will never regret trying to warn him...when he is paying back a small student loan...he will thank his lucky stars he listened to you.
OMG LYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i I have talked until I was blue in the face... I mean BLUE IN THE FACE...I even threw something at him on Sunday because he was talking foolish....they know in this house I am the practical one.. and I told him Monday Night.. we had a 3 hour talk.. that people with college degrees now are going into 26 to 28 thousand dollars a year jobs.. and I told him how foolish it was for him to emasse a huge loan and half of it be for the school dorms.. I have told him all this.. and MORE..I told him if he wanted to live on Campus then he should work this year and save his money and pay for it that way.. I told him a 25 minute drive to college is nothing, most people do triple and more to go to a job...other than crack his head open, there is nothing more I can say...I told him to get a job and save for a car.. I told him I told him I told him....but he is going to be 18 next month and I don't know what else to do but keep telling him..I told him we haven't ever treated you badly at home.. and he smiled and said that wasn't the point of course not...he sees the way hubs and I struggle to make ends meet and we don't...we shop meat markdowns.. you rarely see me writing I bought clothes or jewels.. just an occasional getaway... that my hub's sister gets the hotel rooms for us and pays for dinner..and I bought hubs the fan.. but I can't get it thru his thick skull...and I can't keep taking on this stress day in and day out...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
KC, get some men's knee length trunks to wear over your suit. Works great and make me feel so much more covered.
Brilliant idea!! Well, I joined the Seniors class since I am so out of shape. I could only find my purple one piece suit this morning. I was looking for a blue one. Maybe I finally gave it away? This suit is prob about 15 years old but in good condition because I hardly ever wear the thing. LOL Anyhow I got compliments on the color of my suit from two ladies. Go figure! There is one guy in the class. The pool was pretty deserted except for us, the lifeguard (a Senior as well ) and one swim instructor and a little girl. Man, walking that lazy river is hard. I would lose my balance a lot. It was awesome and I intend to keep going.

Weird thing was, when I got out of the pool it felt really weird walking. Like some huge weights were on my legs and pulling them down. Doesn't feel like that now but sure did for a couple of minutes or so.

I have made myself an egg salad with 3 eggs, mayo, mustard and capers. Had to add a touch of splenda as it was too sour for me. I boiled these eggs on Saturday. I made the egg salad with 3 eggs although I might only have the equivalent of two egg whites and 3 yolks. These eggs won't peel. No matter how hard I try to be careful the shells won't come off without taking off the entire top layer. It still tastes yummy, just a bit wasteful.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #239

So at what point...you know what else am I to do??? we have no money to help him thru college...The down payments they require.. has to go on a charge card from us...it's stressing me out and giving me pains in my chest.. so I have said what I can say and I have to let it go.. or else I am going to die of a stroke.. the thought of that student loan over my kid's head makes me physically sick..Out here they give more help to people who are here illegally because he showed me on paper how much help they get as opposed to him who worked hard for his grades...so other than lock him in a room there is nothing more I can do...seriously...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #240

once shells get into an egg salad.. the dish is over LOL!!!
Closed Thread