Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Just pulling your leg. I in no way floated down the river or drank that much water.
I'm headed in to watch that Pawn show. Have a good evening ladies.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
April fools was yesterday silly!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, hoping Ashley gets along all right. Kidney stones are so painful, but I don't think will harm the baby. Hope she passes it soon. Did they tell her to drink, drink, drink?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #184

Well girls I got 13637 steps today. Not to my goal but a goal is something to work for right?

Haha you are either get sick of hearing my daily steps, or get inspired to get up and move it!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Well girls I got 13637 steps today. Not to my goal but a goal is something to work for right?

Haha you are either get sick of hearing my daily steps, or get inspired to get up and move it!
Great job! Well, you and Melinda have inspired me. So, yesterday I took the plunge and joined an Aqua Mix class. I am doing it for an hour twice a week, M and W. It works on muscle toning, cardio, upper body strengthening, and stretching. There is a 15-20 min warmup in the lazy river channel, then leg strengthening and upper body/core exercises. Then we move to the lap pool for aerobic exercises and more intense (shudder) upper bodywork using resistance equipment. End with some more core and leg toning and a cool down period. Hopefully this will help me get in shape. I am looking forward to the core and strengthening stuff. I have noticed how weak I have gotten. I can barely lift anything anymore, old lady that I have let myself become. You don't use it, you lose it, right?! I am finding that out. The thing that kills me is having to get into a bathing suit. I hide my legs all the time. I never wear shorts or swimsuit! But, I have got to stop hiding.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #186

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. It's hump day. Rainy day again here and chilly. The chicken meat lasagna was very good---even dh liked it. Also made those cheese rounds---I had 1/2 of one---yummmmmmmm, put garlic butter on top and broiled them---wow. I used extra spaghetti sauce in the lasagna cause dh likes it liek that. Plus I cooked 5 sausages on the side too and they ate those too. DS18 loved the sausage and ate 3!!!! Younger one and I don't like Italian sausage very much. I used to it eat in grinders with peppers but can't eat that stuff anymore.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 AM   #187

Lony--congrats on all your new healthy habits---walking, shakes. It's great to feel energetic, isn't it????

KC--congrats to you for joining that new class, it sounds great. Strengthening our core is so important.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #188

Today is my 4 month surgiversary---if there is such a thing. I am down 65 pounds. This is working!!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #189

I was never a big fruit person but I have been craving grapes for a few weeks now. I guess I should get some. Wonder what vitamin they have that my body wants????
Old 04-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Hi Chewie...Grapes are great for you..they are loaded with good things......use the "g" double oo to check the nutritional value..there is so much info there. I use them in smoothies...the skin is great for you also. I like the red ones the best...
Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #191

Good mornimg sunshines! Hubby comes bome today hurray!!!

Congratulations kcmama! Get moving girl.

Nice job as well Chewie. I don't know that I will be able to say I have lost that much in that amount of time, but you work it! And why have we not gotten pictures of this transformation Missy?? (tapping foot)
Old 04-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Nice job as well Chewie. I don't know that I will be able to say I have lost that much in that amount of time, but you work it! And why have we not gotten pictures of this transformation Missy?? (tapping foot)
I know you miss him when he's gone...but, nothing is sweeter than reuniting after time away...I think you tend to be a little more aware of the moments you have together...instead of getting in the habit of taking them for granted...happy for you.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

By the way..that is my daughter...only way I can post a pic is in avatar and sig..LOL
Old 04-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #194

Quote:

I don't even know if I have any of the "Before" me. I avoided cameras like the plague!!!! LOL
Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Just pulling your leg. I in no way floated down the river or drank that much water.
I'm headed in to watch that Pawn show. Have a good evening ladies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I don't even know if I have any of the "Before" me. I avoided cameras like the plague!!!! LOL
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
I know you miss him when he's gone...but, nothing is sweeter than reuniting after time away...I think you tend to be a little more aware of the moments you have together...instead of getting in the habit of taking them for granted...happy for you.
Thanks Miss Lynn!

Sorry I can't post your picture till Friday. Still using my phone
Old 04-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #197

So what's for dinner? Lony---are you making chili dogs???? lol

I'm making beef taco salads. Not sure if I'll heat up some lc taco shells or not. They had them last week with the fish tacos and while they are only 4 carbs each, they are tiny and the boys can eat a bunch so it might not be so lc. They loved that chipotle cream sauce on the fish though. DS18 said it was fantastic so I might make some more of that or some other sauce. Any suggestions????
Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #198

Third Wednesday, you know he wants chili dogs.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Miss Lynn!

Sorry I can't post your picture till Friday. Still using my phone
No need to post it Lony...I am only going to leave her up there a short while. If I can manage it..I will stick each kid or grandchild up there for a couple days so you all can see them.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

You can tell you like to cook, Chewie...me..not so much..um..not really at all.. Only reason I cook at all is to eat healthy...then again I am just feeding me...not a family. My kids learned to cook pretty fast...I think they got sick of baked chicken...lol...both the boys love to cook..which makes for happy wives..and my daughter who couldn't boil water...married someone who could..lol Although, she cooks also...but, he gets home first and does a great job.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 04-03-2013 at 06:52 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #201

Ugh--I'm trying to get in more water. So far, I have 44 ounces. Accckkk I'm feeling full. LOL
Old 04-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Great job! Well, you and Melinda have inspired me. So, yesterday I took the plunge and joined an Aqua Mix class. I am doing it for an hour twice a week, M and W. It works on muscle toning, cardio, upper body strengthening, and stretching. There is a 15-20 min warmup in the lazy river channel, then leg strengthening and upper body/core exercises. Then we move to the lap pool for aerobic exercises and more intense (shudder) upper bodywork using resistance equipment. End with some more core and leg toning and a cool down period. Hopefully this will help me get in shape. I am looking forward to the core and strengthening stuff. I have noticed how weak I have gotten. I can barely lift anything anymore, old lady that I have let myself become. You don't use it, you lose it, right?! I am finding that out. The thing that kills me is having to get into a bathing suit. I hide my legs all the time. I never wear shorts or swimsuit! But, I have got to stop hiding.
I envy you. I loved my water aerobics when I was going.
I bet you are going to love it!!!

Chewie..... on the weight loss!! It won't be long and you will be hitting that 100 lb. mark!
No cooking here tonight. It's off to our son's tonight for a BD dinner for our oldest grand daughter's 10th BD.
Lony....WTG on the walking!! Are you joking???? You have 2 cats and a dog in that little space of yours????
Lynn...your daughter is lovely!!!!! She looks like her mom with dark hair!

It's another rainy day here. Have a great day all.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
By the way..that is my daughter...only way I can post a pic is in avatar and sig..LOL
Haha! I was wondering who it was. Didn't know if it was a photo of you from your past or what. She is very pretty!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought this recipe looked interesting....I think I'll give these a try soon.

Crispy Turnip 'Fries

Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Servings: 8
"My daughters and I are on a low-carb diet and were looking for something to curb our 'French fry' cravings. I've heard that turnips can be made into some great 'fries.' I experimented with it and came up with this. You can add whatever spices you'd like."

INGREDIENTS:
3 pounds turnips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil and lightly grease.
2. Peel the turnips, and cut into French fry-sized sticks, about 1/3 by 4 inches. Place into a large bowl, and toss with the vegetable oil to coat. Place the Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, paprika, onion powder in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Place the oiled turnips into the bag, and shake until evenly coated with the spices. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven until the outside is crispy, and the inside is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #205

LOL sue I vacuum every day.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Good going kc...I am lucky to have a pool here...although, at the moment the water is still pretty chilly...I have managed to get it it a few times...at least I feel no pain when I get out...sorta like icing your whole body... ...and excercizing in water is awesome...I bet they will have music...you will love it. Don't even think about what you look like...you will be in the water...get a sarong of some type to wear out to the pool...and relax and enjoy..you are the only one that can control the way you think...scary huh..

...and by the way...no one really cares what you look like anyway...they only care what THEY look like...and above all...smile...if I could only give one piece of advice to anyone...it would be...smile..smile..and then smile some more..

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 04-03-2013 at 07:21 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
I thought this recipe looked interesting....I think I'll give these a try soon.

Crispy Turnip 'Fries

Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Servings: 8
"My daughters and I are on a low-carb diet and were looking for something to curb our 'French fry' cravings. I've heard that turnips can be made into some great 'fries.' I experimented with it and came up with this. You can add whatever spices you'd like."

INGREDIENTS:
3 pounds turnips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil and lightly grease.
2. Peel the turnips, and cut into French fry-sized sticks, about 1/3 by 4 inches. Place into a large bowl, and toss with the vegetable oil to coat. Place the Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, paprika, onion powder in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Place the oiled turnips into the bag, and shake until evenly coated with the spices. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven until the outside is crispy, and the inside is tender, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Sounds delish! Thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Sue..actually I don't think we look anything alike...but, I guess she must have something of mine...not eyes..mine are green..her's are blue...not hair..her's is dark...mine used to be light brown..but, the sun and age has changed that...I tan..she burns...I am much shorter than she is...she has boobs..I don't...she has long legs..mine are short...her butt is small..mine isn't..LOL...I could go on..she has great teeth..okay..I will stop.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, get some men's knee length trunks to wear over your suit. Works great and make me feel so much more covered.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hello All

I had a few crazy busy days. I hope ya'll are doing well.
This week is my first week of my Spring Term. I am taking 2 classes online but my 3rd is on campus only - so that means driving there on Wednesday - 40 min each way.
Its a required class so ...I just tell myself ... its temporarily. I don't have the book yet - can't afford to get it til later...hopefully it won't be a problem today.

Melinda - So sorry about those papers...

Lony - Glad to hear your hubby is coming home today :-)

I didn't get a chance to go read all 7 April pages...I have to go take the kids to school in a few minutes but I hope everyone is doing good.

I changed my weigh-in day to Mondays because I can use the digital scale at work...only down 2 lbs last week but I'll take it.

Anyway...I better go, kids have to get to school and then shortly thereafter I have to drive to class.

Have a great day everyone...I hope everyone had a good Easter too!!!

>>Annett
Closed Thread