Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #1891
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, I did get some things accomplished. I have a slight sunburn from picking the dandelions and possibly from being out at the track meet.

I made it to Half Price Books. I realized that all of the books from the garage sale still had the price stickers on them! So I started taking them off. The stickers we used were color coded for each girl so that they could get the money for their items. We didn't have enough of one type so there were some star stickers that two of the girls used along with the circle stickers. The star stickers were a real bear to take off. They wouldn't come off in one piece. I got a little frustrated and then pulled out the ones that belonged to my daughter and took them in. I had around 46 books and got $13. Better than I was expecting. I was hoping for $10.

Later at dance I went through remaining books and found a bunch more of our books. So I will take those stickers off and take them in again. I need to keep the other two girls' items separate as well. I am debating on whether or not to take the other girls' books to them and let them take them after they remove their stickers. It is a lot of work removing them, I am sad to say. I imagine though that I will probablyjust end up removing the stickers myself. May make multiple trips to Half Price Books though so.....
Could you stick something over the sticker..just a plain white label..instead of taking it off?..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 AM   #1892
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
it is over 35 miles away from here gas would eat me up even if i got to get the job
gah i hate this

Ken isn't like Kenny if he leaves work he must be UNBEARABLY hurting IDK what to do i have applied for everything i know of within a 15 miles radius
Your area might not be condusive to this..but, you have such a talent for computers...have you thought of taking a course...I think there is a course you can take for some sort of computer certification...and print out some cards that advertize you fix peoples comps...my DDIL does that and has been very successful.

Just google free computer training...courses...certification...other stuff is there too...looks like you could do some of it online...you would probably find it very interesting...it looks like greek to me..LOL

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 04-30-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #1893
Big Yapper!!!!

I must be boring...LOL
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #1894
Big Yapper!!!!

Cars have been my nemesis through the years...I have walked miles to or from work back in the day...and even when I got here...as someone was kind enought to total my car...I walked to the store with the kids for years..we had one car and DH took it to get to work...I spent almost as much time at the mechanics as I did at the pediatritian when I did have a car...I finally have one now that works...and I say thank you everytime I get in it..LOL...I actually do.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #1895
Big Yapper!!!!

My weather says right now 63 today with a high of 69....it has been beautiful the last few days.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #1896
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
My weather says right now 63 today with a high of 69....it has been beautiful the last few days.
that sounds wonderful to me!

i enjoy computers just ain't too savvy LOL
got one litter pan cleaned! and got some chicken on to cook
Old 04-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #1897

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quick Good Morning…..

Lost one pound, of the 5 I gained…always a friggen set back I swear…trying to walk my 40 minutes…only have done 5.. better get a move on…my son came up with this hair brain idea that had my brain rolling..he said at the dorms there is a living room shared by 4 people, I guess 2 rooms.. and he wants to ask if they want to go in on a TV OMG…when I said that was stupid.. he didn’t want to talk about it anymore..the said I may have to put his books on my credit card.. I said you better get a job that ain’t going to happen sugar plum… is it me or what….
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #1898

Deb my son comes up with the most idiotic idea sometimes..that's my son and I love him to bits.. but jeese Louise...all he has to do is buy a small TV...they aren't that expensive...what makes him think that everyone wants to watch football.. and if majority rules.. he ain't watching football... but you know what..he is going to be 18... on May 31st.. so I am going to step back. however I will say this I am not putting any more charges on my credit card.. so they had better get cracking for the loan...

He started going online yesterday and filling out aps.. he said that most of it now is done online...

I was down 30 pounds.. I let all of this stuff get to me and regained 5 pounds.. so rather than achieving maybe a goal by June 1st.. I sort of put myself out of reach.. I do it to myself all the darn time..so anyway today I am going to have a big protein brunch.. that should hold me until tomorrow....I think it's more the grease errr fat more than anything...just makes my tummy sick all day..
Old 04-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #1899

I got 25 of my 40 minutes of walking done.. it is so like humid here.. I am sweating like an oink...
Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #1900

Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #1901

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again. I just spent an hour on the floor shaving the giant hound. Acckkk And she's not even done yet. My leg fell asleep and my back is not happy. Oh well, at least she'll be happy and cool.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #1902

come here and do Rexie! listen what do you use? i had to get manual sheep shears! and they are a bit OFF this year and do not seem to want to cut the clippers do NOTHING on her coat i swear she has a tripple coat long strawberry blond then blond FLUFF and then a darker coarse short undercoat THICK
Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #1903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Just a fast fly by. Layla is napping and Eli is watching tv.
I even have dinner (supper) almost cooked!!!
Chicken, red chunky pot. salad, and green beans. Oh..and raspberry iced tea.
I also have some of the citrus iced water made up. It has lemon, lime, cucumber and lime in it. We will see how that taste. I've never made it before.

Deb...if you could just get your foot in the door at the school then maybe they could use you full time at some point.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #1904

But I just realized that as soon as I'm done with the cutting, she needs a bath REALLY BAD. GRRRRR I should have just went to work.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #1905

I use some high end dog clippers that my MIL bought for her schnauzer. That dog is passed. I also have some other ones but can't find them. They work pretty well but I only use the metal short clipper part, no comb, it just would get stuck. Here's a pic of my girl
stoli squirrel.jpg
Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #1906

Quote:
come here and do Rexie! listen what do you use? i had to get manual sheep shears! and they are a bit OFF this year and do not seem to want to cut the clippers do NOTHING on her coat i swear she has a tripple coat long strawberry blond then blond FLUFF and then a darker coarse short undercoat THICK
I was thinking about sheep shears. Dh told me to go on the Kom forum and ask what people use. I need to do that.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #1907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Just a fast fly by. Layla is napping and Eli is watching tv.
I even have dinner (supper) almost cooked!!!
Chicken, red chunky pot. salad, and green beans. Oh..and raspberry iced tea.
I also have some of the citrus iced water made up. It has lemon, lime, cucumber and lime in it. We will see how that taste. I've never made it before.

Deb...if you could just get your foot in the door at the school then maybe they could use you full time at some point.
LOL they haven't in the last 14 years and for a while there i was working EVERYDAY at one school ,teacher, aide or in the cafeteria i knew more about the school than the reg teachers did

supper sounds good
it has gotten soo hot in here already IDK what will be for supper for Steven there are a couple chicken legs left but i sent all the beans and the other chicken with Ken for lunch at work
i know it is crap but i will probably fix him some ramen to go with his chicken legs
i can not turn on the AC i can not turn on the AC UGH hope i can think cool thoughts
that potao salad sounds wonderful! and the tea in your avatar looks delightful!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I use some high end dog clippers that my MIL bought for her schnauzer. That dog is passed. I also have some other ones but can't find them. They work pretty well but I only use the metal short clipper part, no comb, it just would get stuck. Here's a pic of my girl
Attachment 49727
hers is curly too?? Rexie's is all straight,thank goodness but the clippers we have won't do a THING even with it just being the clippers i bet she would welcome a buzz cut today though! i had to just wack away last year with reg old scissors when the sheep shears wore out on me i need to get started again sooin
and i hear ya on the bath yeah work might have been easier!
Ken has showered and is going to try to go to work tonight ineed you to keep him in your thoughts everyone
Old 04-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #1909

the ones i got look like this

you have to be careful they sure do nip in a hurry if they are too close to the skin
Old 04-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #1910

I'm back and about 90 percent done. I probably need to finish off with scissors on her snout and face. Phew! I'm off to shower.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #1911

Deb--keeping Ken in my prayers.

Yes, Stoli has ultra curly hair. It is so hard to cut and keep even.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #1912

thank you Chewie!

WHEW good thing we were trying our Steven's car today EEK this mornign everythign seemed fine but driving it back to school it seemed i had to push way far on the brakes i just thought it was because the seat leans back and my fat tummy and short legs Steven has way more leg than me but Steven was driving us home and went to turn off the main road and he said "Mom we will have to go on to jellico or something i can;t slow down enough for the curve!"
holy heart attcak batman! but he did good we went on down the road thankfully it was UPhill and he pulled off in a wide spot with gravel(missing the huge ditch WHEW) i told him i would get us =home and i did putting it in L2 and L1 but gah he was right NO brakes except when you put it almost through the floor
i know it scared him to death and he did not know that shifting down would slow the car but OMG i BROKE the shift indicator! it still shifts fine into PNRDL1L2 but the needle says you are in L1 permanently

Steven thinks when they were changing the rotary maybe the fluid got low and we have fluid so when the car cools down and the sun goes over he will check the levels and check for leaks in the line. heck we may have air caught in there somewhere

AND he got his housing letter today ! did you guys know that an MP3 player was ESSENTIAL and notebooks,backpacks, pens etc were optional for college life? i laughed when he read that but Steven was flabbergasted!
UGH IDK how they figured it but we did not qualify for the pell or anything according to FASFA, they said our EFC was over 6 thousand! good grief! but the school sent a letter and there is 3K in work study! and oh that will help heck anything helps and yeah Berea would have been free because he was in upward bound but he did not like it there soo we will do what we can this year and next year if there has to be changes we will deal with it then KWIM?
hey though if Ken loses his job Steven surely will qualify for something next year
Old 04-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Deb my son comes up with the most idiotic idea sometimes..that's my son and I love him to bits.. but jeese Louise...all he has to do is buy a small TV...they aren't that expensive...what makes him think that everyone wants to watch football.. and if majority rules.. he ain't watching football... but you know what..he is going to be 18... on May 31st.. so I am going to step back. however I will say this I am not putting any more charges on my credit card.. so they had better get cracking for the loan...

He started going online yesterday and filling out aps.. he said that most of it now is done online...

I was down 30 pounds.. I let all of this stuff get to me and regained 5 pounds.. so rather than achieving maybe a goal by June 1st.. I sort of put myself out of reach.. I do it to myself all the darn time..so anyway today I am going to have a big protein brunch.. that should hold me until tomorrow....I think it's more the grease errr fat more than anything...just makes my tummy sick all day..

Written: 9:13am...
you will get there by July 1
yeah we have been filling applications out online for MONTHS ugh nada yet
great h=job on the walking! i am proud of you! KUTGW and try not to let things sidetrack you
i am sipping on ACV in ice water with a little stevia VERY refreshing man it is soo HOT and humid! i found ants in the LAUNDRY HAMPER today

STeven got his prom ticket today(FREE thank goodness) but dang they did CANDYLAND theme KOOKS and it is a Hershey bar and the ticket is like the wrapper! ugh if they haven't called me by tomorrow i have to call about his tux. i have been having visions of it NOT BEING ORDERED! ugh IDK why i always think of these things but i can't get it out of my head TBH though the lady was flighty
Old 04-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #1914
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, go back to the places you have applied and apply again. Most places don't keep the applications very long, even if they are required to keep them for a year. Be persistent.

If Ken loses his job, your financial officer at the college should be able to tell you how to do a hardship letter to FASFA. I'm praying it doesn't get to that point.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #1915

Ken just called he is on his way home said he has a step 3 now so i guess that means he is fired oh i don't know what to do
Old 04-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #1916
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lavender Blend
Stats: 380/343/160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good morning all.....
I'm off shortly to go get the tires rotated and then I need to stop at Wally World.
It's going to be a warm and windy one here today! Yuck! I guess I should be thankful for the wind. That will at least move the air around some.
Lavender Blend....you will hit that 300 mark before you know it if you keep going the way you are now. We are here to cheer you on!!!!
Thank you so much!!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #1917
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Oh, Deb, I am so sorry.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #1918
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CONGRATS ON TH NEW CAR AND MORE ENERGY! KUTGW! i need some energy for SURE!
yes my DS17 is a graduating Senior so is Melinda's son and ELiza Jazz's son OUR BABIES!!! WHAAAAAA
the play was called "DAYS OF OUR SCHOOL LIVES" and he played Patton the evil overload head of the janitors at the school
It sounds like a very fun play.

My daughter graduated from high school last year, so I know what an exciting and also somewhat sad time that is to see how fast the little ones grow up.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #1919
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ken just called he is on his way home said he has a step 3 now so i guess that means he is fired oh i don't know what to do
I'm so sorry to hear that
Old 04-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #1920

Deb I am so sorry..I pray it's not.
Closed Thread