Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #1861
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i think my older son is going to lose his job too and BIG SURPRISE Ashley quit that fast food job after ONE DAY!
Oh, Wow! So what do her mom and dad do for a living? Is it possible for her to get a job where they work? Why will Kenny lose his job? Because of his BP issues?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #1862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
So Good Morning...How is Everyone?? I am fine. I am getting ready to call the insurance company to take my hub's lemon van off since it is no longer here. I have gained 5 pound. Time to put my foot down. I am depressed. I have to go and pick up my hub's at night to take him to his day job as he is assigned to work graveyard the next 2 nights. Oh boy am I afraid of the bugs! Ok well I am going to tidy up my house real good as I need the bug man to come to my house. I hope you are all doing ok.

Sincerely

Melinda
Melinda, I am sorry the car is dead and gone. Once sonny boy is off to college, is it possible for you and your dh to get by with just the one car? My husband and I did that for a couple of years with two jobs and two kiddos. You could save those insurance payments in an acct to go towards a new car for a year or so maybe. You may have to make up an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of who has the car on which days, when to pick up dh, etc. LOL I am not laughing at your troubles just trying to help find sooooooome little way of putting a positive spin on the situation.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #1863
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
That is a great idea KCmom and one I am not opposed to.....but gosh darn it's hubs more than me....I think I am more thinking of bugs right now.....Jeese how silly of me.

So I call the insurance company and the ins company revised my bill to the same thing it was with 2 cars. Oh boy I am not a happy camper right now. Waiting on her phone call now
Old 04-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #1864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Deb....what makes you think he will lose his job? Cutbacks? This isn't a good time to be losing a job so i hope that doesn't happen to him.

Melinda....you are crazy girl....."Sincerely"!!!!!!!!LOL

lucky....well now you have me thinking I may not try making it!! LOL
I really, really like "Highlands" brand. It is yummy. I've yet to find any better.
I've heard of people eating sugar on it also. I just like it plain. I do like it with peaches or pineapple, or tomatoes from the garden is the best!!!!!

kcmama....down 3 lbs. Yeah for you!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #1865

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Oh Sue you are a hoot and howl I do declare!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #1866

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
So Good Morning...How is Everyone?? I am fine. I am getting ready to call the insurance company to take my hub's lemon van off since it is no longer here. I have gained 5 pound. Time to put my foot down. I am depressed. I have to go and pick up my hub's at night to take him to his day job as he is assigned to work graveyard the next 2 nights. Oh boy am I afraid of the bugs! Ok well I am going to tidy up my house real good as I need the bug man to come to my house. I hope you are all doing ok.

Sincerely

Melinda
oh Melinda i hope you find a good vehicle at a cheap price
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #1867

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Oh, Wow! So what do her mom and dad do for a living? Is it possible for her to get a job where they work? Why will Kenny lose his job? Because of his BP issues?
he got a stomach bug last week and didn't go for 4 days! and they said he had to have a doctor's excuse to comeback to work and he did not go to a doc for it
IDK about any of it really Friday he went to a carilogist appointment and he did have an excuse for that Ken or I would have went on in to work in thier situation gah i just do not understand well if i had had Ashley's job and been pregnant and buying a house i wouldn't have quit that in the first place. i asked him today when we will have to help them move again
Ashley's Dad works for CSX for 20+ years and kenny tried to get a job there no go
and Ashley's Mom is a cook at the nursing home
Ashley's Dad did own his own communications business as well but IDk why he let it go
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #1868

oh yes cottage cheese and peaches YUM!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #1869

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:

Sincerely

Melinda
Sorry about all the trouble. Car trouble is so hard as they are so expensive.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #1870

Quote:
Afternoon, Folks!!

A beeeeuuutiful sunny day here. We are supposed to hit 82! Catching up to Melinda. I woke up before 5:00 and got up and came downstairs around 5:15 as it was obvious that I was not going to get back to sleep. I did some devotionals and had a cup of coffee. I was afraid I would be too tired to go to my Aqua Exercise class but I wasn't. I did go. Yay, me! I say that because it is so easy to talk myself out of exercising. LOL

I got home a little before noon. Gathered up a bag, gloves and the Weed Be Gone and headed out to pick yellow dandelion flowers (AGAIN) and spray them with the Weed Be Gone (AGAIN). That took me an hour and I was perspiring by the time I was done. LOL It seems like it will get to 82. I have just had a bite to eat as I was very very hungry. I am going to head to Half Price Books in a bit with some of the books and videos leftover from the Troop's Garage Sale to see if we can pick up a few more dollars for their trip next year. Youngest also has a track meet today followed by a dance class she can't miss as there is a competition this weekend.

What are all of you up to?

Oh, my scale showed me down about 3 lbs! Today was the first day of a loss so I shall have to see if it sticks tomorrow.
Good job on the loss and exercise!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #1871

So the sunroom/kitchen windows are done! Woohoo. Now my last spring cleaning chore is the master bathroom. I still have a big white tall shelf to clean, the vanity and then the shower stall, tub, etc. Hopefully I can do that this week and the whole first floor will be done. Next to start on the upstairs.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #1872

Dh is grilling burgers tonight. I have leftover guacomole so we'll be having Mexican burgers! Yum
Old 04-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #1873

Ken had to come home from work because the pain is soo bad
oh guys pray Steven and I can both find a job SOON cause i seriously don't think Ken will be able to work much longer i am really scared
Old 04-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #1874
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, have you applied where Ashley quit?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #1875
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb....have you applied at any of the schools for office work or maybe even in the kitchen?
One thing I can tell you that impressed me when I was in management was when a person would apply if they would call me back ever so often that let me know they must be really wanting the job. If you could just get an interview I bet they would see how badly you need and want this job. One thing I wasn't allowed to ask was, "do you have kids at home"? It was always nice when they let me know they had nothing tying them down at home.
You seem to love animals so maybe you could apply at an animal clinic. You would be great there I bet.
My heart goes out to Ken and to all of you.

DD got "just" the hospital bill today. This doesn't include any of the dr. bills.
$30,000. OMG!!!!!!! Hopefully their insurance will treat them right and pay for the bulk of it.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #1876
Major LCF Poster!

[ATTACH]IMG_1687.jpg[/ATTACH]

My husband doesn't look Happy, Happy, Happy after finding all these mushrooms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1686.jpg (50.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #1877
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
oh guys pray Steven and I can both find a job SOON cause i seriously don't think Ken will be able to work much longer i am really scared
Oooooh, sorry to hear that. Did he go see another doctor for a second opinion?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #1878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Deb....have you applied at any of the schools for office work or maybe even in the kitchen?
One thing I can tell you that impressed me when I was in management was when a person would apply if they would call me back ever so often that let me know they must be really wanting the job. If you could just get an interview I bet they would see how badly you need and want this job. One thing I wasn't allowed to ask was, "do you have kids at home"? It was always nice when they let me know they had nothing tying them down at home.
You seem to love animals so maybe you could apply at an animal clinic. You would be great there I bet.

DD got "just" the hospital bill today. This doesn't include any of the dr. bills.
$30,000. OMG!!!!!!! Hopefully their insurance will treat them right and pay for the bulk of it.
Sue, $30,000?! Wowza! Definitely hope their insurance will handle the bulk of it!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #1879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
[ATTACH]Attachment 49705[/ATTACH]

Lucky, where did he find the mushrooms? Was he mushroom hunting? Are those edible or poisonous? I am thinking most likely not edible? Looks big!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #1880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I did get some things accomplished. I have a slight sunburn from picking the dandelions and possibly from being out at the track meet.

I made it to Half Price Books. I realized that all of the books from the garage sale still had the price stickers on them! So I started taking them off. The stickers we used were color coded for each girl so that they could get the money for their items. We didn't have enough of one type so there were some star stickers that two of the girls used along with the circle stickers. The star stickers were a real bear to take off. They wouldn't come off in one piece. I got a little frustrated and then pulled out the ones that belonged to my daughter and took them in. I had around 46 books and got $13. Better than I was expecting. I was hoping for $10.

Later at dance I went through remaining books and found a bunch more of our books. So I will take those stickers off and take them in again. I need to keep the other two girls' items separate as well. I am debating on whether or not to take the other girls' books to them and let them take them after they remove their stickers. It is a lot of work removing them, I am sad to say. I imagine though that I will probablyjust end up removing the stickers myself. May make multiple trips to Half Price Books though so.....
Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #1881
Major LCF Poster!

KC, they are definitely edible. They are huge morels. My husband has hunted mushrooms for years. He thinks there were around 2 gallons. They were all from all farm. He got them after he worked 10 hours today. That is why he looks played out. We will be pigging out tomorrow night.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:48 AM   #1882
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all...
lucky....I bet the mushrooms are yummy!!! It must be nice picking them instead of buying them for an arm and a leg!!

Eli and Layla are on their way. I just wanted to peek in this morning.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 AM   #1883

Hi. I'm taking a mental health day today. It was 82 yesterday and felt even hotter cause we're not used to it.

I did 45 minutes on the bike and just about passed out. That is a very long time. My right foot went to sleep at about 20 minutes. roflol
Old 04-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #1884

Quote:
Sorry Ken is having such a hard time Deb. Praying for you all.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #1885

Quote:
Deb, have you applied where Ashley quit?
it is over 35 miles away from here gas would eat me up even if i got to get the job
gah i hate this

Ken isn't like Kenny if he leaves work he must be UNBEARABLY hurting IDK what to do i have applied for everything i know of within a 15 miles radius
Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #1886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post

i have been on the school sub list since 1999 and used to work pretty steady now there are soo many teachers with degrees out of work i never get called, they call the actual teachers first as they should i renew my stuff every year but haven't been called in a couple of years that is where i met Betty working in the kitchen at school
i need to call Sharon(head over the food service for the district) and see if they think i could sub for a summer worker maybe but honestly there are so many cafeteria workers that have been laid off here my chances are bad
i hear you on the hospital bill
our insurance did really well for the hospital bil between what they had contracted and the 80/20 the 60 thousand ended up being less than 3K we had to pay i wish the helicopter place would have been the same
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #1887

Quote:
[ATTACH]Attachment 49705[/ATTACH]

WOWZA LUCKY! what kind are those ?? SOO COOL!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #1888

Quote:
Oooooh, sorry to hear that. Did he go see another doctor for a second opinion?
he goes to see the VA doc friday at 10 i think
GAH

it is almost impossible to get "completely and totally" through the VA even with not being able to work IDK what to do
Old 04-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #1889

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi. I'm taking a mental health day today. It was 82 yesterday and felt even hotter cause we're not used to it.

I did 45 minutes on the bike and just about passed out. That is a very long time. My right foot went to sleep at about 20 minutes. roflol
Old 04-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #1890

wishing all of our missing friends would check in soon tomorrow is a new month! SIGH

does Lony's DH leave out again tomorrow?
Closed Thread