Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #1771
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
VA nurse just called and wants ken to go to johnson City Er and he says he won't go it is 4 hours away but the cloest VA one he won't go to local one cause it costs GAH IDK

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #1772
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, praying for Ken and for your safety getting him there. Deb, I know it seems unimportant with everything going on now, but I am glad Steven had a good "friend" visit. I know those are important to teenagers and to Mom.

Malinda, praying for your car situation. Been there, done that.

I am leaving work in a few minutes to pick up my grandsons to spend the night. Their mom is at state music contest with a private voice student. I will take the boys to church for a kids activity in the morning and my son will bring the two granddaughters to spend Saturday and Sunday. I get all the weekend babysitting because their other grandmother doesn't take them to church.

I bough a huge lighted china cabinet at an estate sale. My son delivered yesterday and I have it all cleaned but one section at the top I can't reach. I will have my 12 year old GD help me with that tomorrow. They Grandma needs to get her rear in gear and wash the thigs I want to put in there. I don't think I will do that while the youngest is there. First thing to go in is a handpainted bread plate my grandparents got as a wedding gift around 1918.

I bought all my flowers yesterday, so the girls and I will "garden" if the weather is good.

Last edited by lucky51; 04-26-2013 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Adding
Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #1773

the china cabinet sounds AMAZING! i am so happy for you an d yea for grandbabies time!
Kenny is coming down(GAH MISSED WORK AGAIN!!) to take Steven to his performance tonight and pick him up too and i guess we are off for the 4 hour trip to johnson City he looks awful
and that means steven will be alone here tonight too gah even if they don't keep Ken it will be 4 hours there hours in the ER and whatever they do and 4 hours back

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-26-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #1774

thank you lucky for that about Steven yes he needs somekind of time with a nice person it is always we are knocked down ya know??
Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #1775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
lucky...show us a picture of your cabinet and your grand parents plate. I just love stuff like that!!!
Deb....I'm sure you have told us but I guess you have tried getting Ken on disability haven't you? It sounds as if that may be the way to go. That is great about Steven and
his friend!!! Oh....and I don't know why but I have always loved that term, "Holler". I just envision mountains with a house deep in the base of it.
Melinda....get your Cailf. buns to the office. The little ones are gone so I will head there later this evening.
Chewie....you are better than I am if you can wait till afternoon to get work done. I have to do house work in the a.m. or I am in trouble. I get to lazy or pooped out.

So since our little Layla has been out of the hospital I have been keeping her and Eli daily. I kid you not it is tough on a fat grandma!!!! DD handed me a card with a gift card in it. The gift card was nice but nothing compared to her saying....you are the best mama and grandma ever. We couldn't have done all this without you. Melted my heart!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #1776

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I am so down in the dumps....
Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #1777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Man I am having the worse day possible.. well I mean exluding death.. my husband's car has died for good...
OH NO! I am soooooo sorry to hear that, Melinda!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #1778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
the china cabinet sounds AMAZING! i am so happy for you an d yea for grandbabies time!
Kenny is coming down(GAH MISSED WORK AGAIN!!) to take Steven to his performance tonight and pick him up too and i guess we are off for the 4 hour trip to johnson City he looks awful
and that means steven will be alone here tonight too gah even if they don't keep Ken it will be 4 hours there hours in the ER and whatever they do and 4 hours back
I am so glad he is going but so sad to hear that he is feeling so bad that he agreed to go! Drive safely! I pray they will figure out the problem and can do something to fix it!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #1779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Deb, praying for Ken and for your safety getting him there. Deb, I know it seems unimportant with everything going on now, but I am glad Steven had a good "friend" visit. I know those are important to teenagers and to Mom.

Malinda, praying for your car situation. Been there, done that.

I am leaving work in a few minutes to pick up my grandsons to spend the night. Their mom is at state music contest with a private voice student. I will take the boys to church for a kids activity in the morning and my son will bring the two granddaughters to spend Saturday and Sunday. I get all the weekend babysitting because their other grandmother doesn't take them to church.

I bough a huge lighted china cabinet at an estate sale. My son delivered yesterday and I have it all cleaned but one section at the top I can't reach. I will have my 12 year old GD help me with that tomorrow. They Grandma needs to get her rear in gear and wash the thigs I want to put in there. I don't think I will do that while the youngest is there. First thing to go in is a handpainted bread plate my grandparents got as a wedding gift around 1918.

I bought all my flowers yesterday, so the girls and I will "garden" if the weather is good.
Sounds like you have a busy and fun weekend on tap! Yay on the new china cabinet. YOu will have to post pics when it is all set up.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #1780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I lost another 1.8 pounds and I dived into a bag of chips......what a horrible day.
So sorry!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #1781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sue, you are a terrifice Mom and Grandma!!!! How sweet of your daughter and SIL to get you a gift card! Is it for a restaurant?
Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #1782

KCmom......been meaning to apologize to you....I need to ask my son about the draft.....I know that Datone Jones UCLA is going to green bay..,,,we were kind of shocked he went first Round...
Old 04-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #1783

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Man I am having the worse day possible.. well I mean exluding death.. my husband's car has died for good...
I'm sorry.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I am so glad he is going but so sad to hear that he is feeling so bad that he agreed to go! Drive safely! I pray they will figure out the problem and can do something to fix it!!!
Deb, I'm praying for Ken and you and a safe trip with a solution to his problems.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #1785

I did 41.5 minutes which was 9.7 miles. I almost died. LOL It was very hard but I did it!!! Lazy again, was supposed to mak lc pizza but don't feel it so I'm just making some wings again. By Friday, I'm all tuckered out. DS18 is at work till 11 and ds14 went out to an arcade with buddies.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #1786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I did 41.5 minutes which was 9.7 miles. I almost died. LOL It was very hard but I did it!!! Lazy again, was supposed to mak lc pizza but don't feel it so I'm just making some wings again. By Friday, I'm all tuckered out. DS18 is at work till 11 and ds14 went out to an arcade with buddies.
Well....you know what they say Chewie. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb....I really do mean this. I'll pray for Ken and for you tonight. Praying for a safe trip and for some answers for Ken.

Melinda....

kcmama....No, it was a gift card to Hobby Lobby. I love that place!!!
Everyone have a great evening. I am going to go check my FB and then head in to watch some recorded tv. I have some American Pickers recorded which I get a kick out of. I also have some House Hunters. I LOVE that show!! And last but NOT least is "Say Yes To The Dress". LOL Here I am a 61 yr. lady who loves watching them pick out wedding dresses. Hubs thinks I am crazy for watching it!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #1787

Good Morning....

I cheated last night...2 cups of ice cream...3 chicken strips.. french fries and a fish taco...went to bed 7 pounds up.. I deserved it..I shouldn't have binged.. but this is so devastating for us.. though yes thankfully everyone is healthy blah blah blah...

SO KCmom.. I asked my son about the KC Chiefs pick.. he said it was fantastic.. because this boy is a top rated elite player.. and in especially in his position that he plays...he said those are the prime picks... if that makes sense..boy when I think about what the old coach went thru last year in that parking lot...wow.. my problems seem like a hill of beans...that poor man...I don't know how you live life and not think about that...

Ok onto grocery shopping...
Old 04-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #1788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Saturday morning!!!!
We had a little T Ball game to go to this morning but due to rain it has been canceled. Hey...it got me up early and I have the kitchen cleaned, roast beef salad made, bed made and the rest of the day to myself! Life is good! LOL

Deb...we will be waiting to hear from you. I hope it will be good news.

Geez....hubs just came in so beyond mad!! I told him to calm down before he stoked out. It has something to do with work of course. That has to be the number 1 thing guys get stressed about I think.

Has anyone watched the movie "Lincoln"? I have it and was thinking of watching it maybe this weekend.

This is for a few of us who like country music. The great George Jones.
RIP...He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones live - YouTube
Old 04-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #1789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda....that sounds like a pretty controlled cheat. You know it could have been so much worse. Don't kick yourself. Get up and hold your head high. You have done beyond great this month!!!!!!!!!! In fact I think I am going to pull the happy dance man out in honor of you!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #1790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
lucky...show us a picture of your cabinet and your grand parents plate. I just love stuff like that!!!
Deb....I'm sure you have told us but I guess you have tried getting Ken on disability haven't you? It sounds as if that may be the way to go. That is great about Steven and
his friend!!! Oh....and I don't know why but I have always loved that term, "Holler". I just envision mountains with a house deep in the base of it.
Melinda....get your Cailf. buns to the office. The little ones are gone so I will head there later this evening.
Chewie....you are better than I am if you can wait till afternoon to get work done. I have to do house work in the a.m. or I am in trouble. I get to lazy or pooped out.

So since our little Layla has been out of the hospital I have been keeping her and Eli daily. I kid you not it is tough on a fat grandma!!!! DD handed me a card with a gift card in it. The gift card was nice but nothing compared to her saying....you are the best mama and grandma ever. We couldn't have done all this without you. Melted my heart!
Sue he is 70% disabled through the VA but it isn't enough to live on i can't find a job and we would have no medical insurance on me and Steven if he loses his job we gotta find a solution soon i was hoping they would give him a letter or something to say he COULDN't work any more and we could try for "completley and totally" IDK what he would have to do for reg disability and IDK if you can get it while getting VA

took Ken to VA ER GAH that is a disgrace to veterans i swear they deserve better terrible 4 hours there 3 hours in waiting room Ken is soo much pain 2 hours in the room i had to take him to get xrays myself no one there in xray GAH and they tell him it is arthritis! NO WAY did not even address the sweats the pain in his kidney the SWELLING "oh he is not swelling" YES HE IS you could barely see his wedding ring on his finger his hands were so swollen!
he is sleeping now but i will try to get him in to see his reg doc ASAP his Nurse would not have suggested going all the way to Johnson City iof she thought it was arthritis! and then 4 hours back home and he was worried i couldn't do the drive
heck if my body knows i am headed home i can do the drive KWIM?
that is wonderful about the card!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #1791

Quote:
Melinda i am soo soo sorry!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #1792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Sue he is 70% disabled through the VA but it isn't enough to live on i can't find a job and we would have no medical insurance on me and Steven if he loses his job we gotta find a solution soon i was hoping they would give him a letter or something to say he COULDN't work any more and we could try for "completley and totally" IDK what he would have to do for reg disability and IDK if you can get it while getting VA

took Ken to VA ER GAH that is a disgrace to veterans i swear they deserve better terrible 4 hours there 3 hours in waiting room Ken is soo much pain 2 hours in the room i had to take him to get xrays myself no one there in xray GAH and they tell him it is arthritis! NO WAY did not even address the sweats the pain in his kidney the SWELLING "oh he is not swelling" YES HE IS you could barely see his wedding ring on his finger his hands were so swollen!
he is sleeping now but i will try to get him in to see his reg doc ASAP his Nurse would not have suggested going all the way to Johnson City iof she thought it was arthritis! and then 4 hours back home and he was worried i couldn't do the drive
heck if my body knows i am headed home i can do the drive KWIM?
that is wonderful about the card!
I am SO sorry Deb. I agree that it is disgrace how our vets are treated. Please just don't give up. Keep pushing till you get something done!
Here in Okla. our Vet hospital in a town not far away put one of one of our older veterans in the tub and didn't check the water. Something wasn't working right and it burned him so badly that he died. Before he died he kept telling his wife they burned me...they burned me. She said that was his last words to me. Of course they are under investigation because there are other complaints also. It just breaks your heart to think of that happening. They should have first class everything!!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #1793

Quote:
I am SO sorry Deb. I agree that it is disgrace how our vets are treated. Please just don't give up. Keep pushing till you get something done!
Here in Okla. our Vet hospital in a town not far away put one of one of our older veterans in the tub and didn't check the water. Something wasn't working right and it burned him so badly that he died. Before he died he kept telling his wife they burned me...they burned me. She said that was his last words to me. Of course they are under investigation because there are other complaints also. It just breaks your heart to think of that happening. They should have first class everything!!
OMG Sue that is soo awful! there were several old people there last night at the ER about to fall out of their wheelchairs no one tohelp them and i know a couple could not hear when they did get called back it was AWFUL
Old 04-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #1794

came across this reading some old threads missing absent friends from back then

found on web
Quote:
INSTALLING A HUSBAND

Dear Tech Support,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow down in overall system performance, particularly in the flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as
Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, and then installed undesirable programs such as
NBA 5.0,
NFL 3.0and
Golf Clubs 4.1.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system.

Please note that I have tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail.

What can I do?

Signed,

Desperate

DEAR DESPERATE,

First, keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an [COLOR="Blue"]Entertainment Package[/COLOR], while Husband 1.0 is an o[COLOR="Purple"]perating system[/COLOR].

Please enter command: ithoughtyoulovedme.HTML and try to download Tears 6.2 and do not forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update.
If that application works as designed, Husband1.0< /B> should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.
< B>
However, remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1.
Please note that Beer 6. 1 is a very bad program that will download the Farting and Snoring Loudly Beta.

Whatever you do, DO NOT under any circumstances install Mother-In-Law 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources.)

In addition, please do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend 5.0 program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We recommend:
Cooking 3.0 and
Hot Lingerie 7.7.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #1795

Quote:
Well....you know what they say Chewie. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb....I really do mean this. I'll pray for Ken and for you tonight. Praying for a safe trip and for some answers for Ken.

Melinda....

kcmama....No, it was a gift card to Hobby Lobby. I love that place!!!
Everyone have a great evening. I am going to go check my FB and then head in to watch some recorded tv. I have some American Pickers recorded which I get a kick out of. I also have some House Hunters. I LOVE that show!! And last but NOT least is "Say Yes To The Dress". LOL Here I am a 61 yr. lady who loves watching them pick out wedding dresses. Hubs thinks I am crazy for watching it!!!
Wow, I like all those shows too. Whenever I watch the wedding shows, my dh and boys always say I'm watching bridezilla. I really like House Hunters and House Hunters International plus Four weddings too.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #1796

Hi peeps. I had no internet today till now. Their whole dsl system was down. I got up with dh at 6:30 and started on my chores. Cleaned the frig, made quacamole, went to Aldi's, went to the thrift store, stopped at the regular grocery, did laundry, paid bills--balanced the checkbook and marinated the pork butt for tomorrow. Making that Puerto Rican Pernil pork recipe. YUM It's supposed to clear up but it's still drizzly out there. That's about it for me.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #1797

Deb, that is terrible about the ER visit. Such a long ride and no solution to the pain and swelling. I am so sorry. Praying for you both.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #1798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I swear I will bet money we have neighbors a couple of houses down selling drugs. There are way to many vehicles that comes and goes. I'll just wait for the police to show up one day.

I'm thinking of making Linda Sue's thin crust pizza recipe at some point this weekend. Yum!

I also just ordered 2 dozen cup cakes to be picked up next Sat. from Gigi's Cupcakes in Springfield. Our oldest DD is graduating with her doctoral degree and we along with her brother and family and DD and family will all be going up. We have a big cabin reserved for Friday and Sat. It will be nice I am sure. Now I have to do something I am not looking forward to. GO SHOPPING for clothes! Unlike skinny minnie Chewie I have not been losing.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #1799

Quote:
I swear I will bet money we have neighbors a couple of houses down selling drugs. There are way to many vehicles that comes and goes. I'll just wait for the police to show up one day.

I'm thinking of making Linda Sue's thin crust pizza recipe at some point this weekend. Yum!

I also just ordered 2 dozen cup cakes to be picked up next Sat. from Gigi's Cupcakes in Springfield. Our oldest DD is graduating with her doctoral degree and we along with her brother and family and DD and family will all be going up. We have a big cabin reserved for Friday and Sat. It will be nice I am sure. Now I have to do something I am not looking forward to. GO SHOPPING for clothes! Unlike skinny minnie Chewie I have not been losing.
oh Sue that is wonderful! congratulations to the whole family!

another old post
Quote:
from care2
Quote:
Sometimes getting through the day can exhaust even the most productive of us. Here are some great tricks to put you back on track.

1. Keep your energy high by having a protein snack every three hours. Remember, mood and energy follow blood sugar, so stay away from the sweets. Candy and sweets rob your vital energy so instead try:

• nuts and seeds
• a hard boiled egg
• nut butter on a cracker
• strips of cold turkey, chicken, beef or tofu

2. Breathe. Every hour stop and take 10 deep breaths. Go to an open window or a doorway and breathe in some fresh air. Take a short brisk walk if you can.

3. Massage the “chi” point on the fleshy part of your thumb to dispel a headache or clear foggy thinking. This reminds us that we are all an energy system.

4. Place three fingers from each hand on your forehead. This brings energy to the frontal lobes–the present moment and out of the past. Repeat the affirmation: “I am well, healthy, happy and productive.”

5. B vitamins boost energy. Use a sublingual B spray twice a day–mid morning and mid afternoon.

6. Avoid coffee after 3pm. Choose herbal tea and a handful of nuts instead.

7. Check in emotionally. Ask the question to whom, where or what am I expending my vital energy?
Ken has taken another muscle relaxer and is asleep on the couch covered up on this rainy day
tonight at 7 pm is Steven's last HS drama performance SIGH think i can stand it???
Old 04-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #1800

Closed Thread