Old 04-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #1651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Jeese Kcmom.. Idol isn't on for another 3 hours yet LOL!!!!!

Did you hear the rumors that they are trying to get rid of Mariah Carey with Jennifer Lopez.. I don't like her.. but I guess the audience loved her as a judge.. and they also are trying to get rid of Nikki cause they said Middle American.. Mid west doesn't like her....I just think that people miss Simon and Paula.. and that Voice show.. which I don't watch is a HUGE HIT..maybe they ought to change their show some Idol..
Well, I am in the Midwest and I love Niki Minaj. I also liked Jennifer Lopez. Mariah is ok. I just wish these females (Christina Aguilera from The Voice last year as well) wouldn't have so much of their boobs hanging out! I tune in to hear the singers!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #1652
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I think what bothers me Kcmama is that these shows have become less about the singers and more about the judges..I mean in her own way Niki has things to say... and so does Mariah.. one person claims she is too boring.. and that Niki is wild.. whatever...what about the singers, what about giving them their chances.....I believe that all of the judges critiques are valuable.. but my goodness every time that Keith guy says Baby you were great.. I have to say OH THANK YOU!! Like he was talking to me!!!!!LOL..he is so hot..
Old 04-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #1653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
This is the first year I haven't watched Idol in years. I just didn't like the judges from the get go. I hear they are already planning to revamp the show next year. I'm guessing they better or it will be over for them.
Deb....I bet your neighbor would be glad to help you learn how to make the quilt. You can do whatever you set your mind to I bet!!
Hi to everyone....I'm calling it a night. Have a great evening everyone!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #1654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I did like Amber's Celine Dion performance but I did not like her performance of MacArthur Park. I love MacArthur Park but I didn't like her voice in the lower register in this song. The judges, however, loved it.They couldn't stop oohing and ahhing over her. LOL
Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #1655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think what bothers me Kcmama is that these shows have become less about the singers and more about the judges..I mean in her own way Niki has things to say... and so does Mariah.. one person claims she is too boring.. and that Niki is wild.. whatever...what about the singers, what about giving them their chances.....I believe that all of the judges critiques are valuable.. but my goodness every time that Keith guy says Baby you were great.. I have to say OH THANK YOU!! Like he was talking to me!!!!!LOL..he is so hot..
I do love Keith Urban, too!! Lucky Nicole, eh?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #1656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
This is the first year I haven't watched Idol in years. I just didn't like the judges from the get go. I hear they are already planning to revamp the show next year. I'm guessing they better or it will be over for them.
Deb....I bet your neighbor would be glad to help you learn how to make the quilt. You can do whatever you set your mind to I bet!!
Hi to everyone....I'm calling it a night. Have a great evening everyone!!
That is so interesting, Sue, because the talent this year is outstanding. As Melinda said, it should be about the singers so why is everyone focusing on the judges?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #1657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, Angie was my fav tonight. All 3 of her performances!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #1658
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning!
Here is my latest pet peeve. Having so many recipes posted on Pintrest that when you go back to get one you can't find it!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone. I'll be busy here with grand kids.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #1659

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning
Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #1660

Sue--I'm not liking the new pinterest format at all. The search feature doesn't work as well either. I don't even go on there too often.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #1661

That new roll recipe was outstanding. Dh loved it plus it's big enough to slice and make a sandwich on it, great for burgers. He said it's so much like real bread. LOL Here's the recipe, it's very easy--if you have all the ingredients that is.

Onion Garlic Buns
4 tablespoons golden flax
2 tablespoons oat fiber
4 tablespoons unflavored whey protein
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon glucomannan
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon splenda
1 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional*

1 ½ tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons water
3 eggs
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin top pan lightly with cooking spray.

In a small bowl mix together all dry ingredients. In another small bowl, mix wet ingredients, add cheese and mix again. Mix wet ingredients with dry.

Pour into muffin top pan and bake for 11 minutes. Makes 6 buns.

* if using caraway seeds, cut back or omit onion and garlic powder
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #1662

So what's for dinner? I'm making cheesesteak sammies with onions and mushrooms. YUM I am making that roll recipe, going to increase it by 50% and then make long, hoagie type rolls using a foil form for heach. I bought some marked down boneless NY Strip steaks that are super thin cut so they'll be perfect. Plus ds18 is off work tonight so he'll be able to join us. Plus we have that pie I made too---no one tried it yet. I hope it's good.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #1663

So I have to follow dh to a glass place today. He's getting window tinting done on the BMW. Then I have to take him to work too. Acckkkk That's why I came in early. If I don't work, I don't get paid so I have to make up my time. I hope he can get a ride from someone at his work to pick it up later or else I have to go drive all over again.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I saw a piece on the national news tonight on American students enrolling in Canadian Universities because of the high tuition in the U.S. They were able to attend 4 years in Canada for the price of one year in the U.S! They were at McGill University. I wanted to go there and even sent off and got their catalog and registration materials! Think I am going to begin brainwashing youngest. I would love to see her go to McGill. The price for a year in Canada ranged from $11,000 - $14,000. The piece also noted that the application process is much easier as well all you need is to apply and they want to see your grades and SAT scores. NO ESSAYS!!!
I never heard of this. Why didn't you go there?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #1665

So no one is watching the NBA playoffs???? That is all we watch. LOL
Old 04-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #1666

Kcmama.. does that tuition in Canada include staying on campus/dorms???

Sue.. OMG I am checking your pin thingy as soon as I get home....

Chewie.. I think I am going with my big protein meal mid day which holds me so far.. let me just say so far to the next day....Sonny boy is going over his friend Matt's house with other boys to get this.. watch the NFL DRAFT....SO it's just hubs for dinner and I will make him a ribeye steak I got marked down from Walfarts...he has gained back all of his weight.. and he has a doctor's apt tomorrow...he is like me.. once we stop a diet.. it takes forever to get back on one.. but he won't stop eating my son's munchie snacks.. just hope the blood sugar didn't escalate to where it was before..he hasn't even been checking that..both of us are a piece of work for sure..

Ok I am going to start my march for my 35 minutes of walking....
Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So no one is watching the NBA playoffs???? That is all we watch. LOL
Yes but we knew the Lakers wouldn't make it past the first round.. and as you can see...errrr.. well never mind..

And we are excited about the Los Angeles Clippers.. I remember 40 years ago when they started in San Diego...so we are over the moon and rooting for them.. but I can't band wagon..my team has always been the Lakers.. but I am rooting for the Clippers...
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #1668

Quote:
Kcmama.. does that tuition in Canada include staying on campus/dorms???

Sue.. OMG I am checking your pin thingy as soon as I get home....

Chewie.. I think I am going with my big protein meal mid day which holds me so far.. let me just say so far to the next day....Sonny boy is going over his friend Matt's house with other boys to get this.. watch the NFL DRAFT....SO it's just hubs for dinner and I will make him a ribeye steak I got marked down from Walfarts...he has gained back all of his weight.. and he has a doctor's apt tomorrow...he is like me.. once we stop a diet.. it takes forever to get back on one.. but he won't stop eating my son's munchie snacks.. just hope the blood sugar didn't escalate to where it was before..he hasn't even been checking that..both of us are a piece of work for sure..

Ok I am going to start my march for my 35 minutes of walking....
Oh that's so funny that you mentioned that---my ds18 is so excited about the NFL draft too. He was talking about it to my dh last night and my dh said "who cares?" LOL My dh also has gained back all his weight and he has to take meds for diabetes too. He had kidney cancer in 2007 and now only has 1 kidney so he has to take a shot every night---it's less damaging than pills according to his dr.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #1669

Quote:
Yes but we knew the Lakers wouldn't make it past the first round.. and as you can see...errrr.. well never mind..

And we are excited about the Los Angeles Clippers.. I remember 40 years ago when they started in San Diego...so we are over the moon and rooting for them.. but I can't band wagon..my team has always been the Lakers.. but I am rooting for the Clippers...
Yeah, the Lakers only made it due to other team's losses.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #1670

LOLOL Chewie!! we are a bit harder on the Lakers out here...

I plead with my husband to stop going into my son's snacks.. and he doesn't listen...and my husband is a huge eater.. you know it's just not one cookie or whatever....but then I say to myself well look at you...

OMG my son and his friends are over the moon happy.. I don't know if you ever watched that.. but its boring.. they go...The Kansas City Chiefs have picked so and so...it takes so long to get thru the round.. but they are making a party out of it..
Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #1671
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Who watched Duck Dynasty last night? I thought it was boring.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #1672

My hubs does Lucky.. I don't.. he said the season was so short this year....

I lost another 2 pounds.....

I am so frustrated.....but whatever....anyway on to finish my walking...
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #1673

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Wait. She was working for the Post Office when she quit?!Please tell me that I misread that!
no that was a temporary position but the PM was retiring and she was supposed to get it BUT then they did closings and stuff and her contract ran out last December she was working in the business part of a home health agency JUST what her degree was for(business major Health minor) when she quit EXACTLY on 90 days
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #1674

SIGH fingers crossed as i 15 a bit today

Steven has a friend coming over(first one since he has been in high school and he is a senior) after school today oh please please do not let this be someone pulling a mean trick on him again breaks my heart the way these people do my son

His drama class is at the college theatre today having dress rehearsal for performances tomorrow and sat

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-25-2013 at 09:06 AM..
Old 04-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #1675

Quote:
I saw a piece on the national news tonight on American students enrolling in Canadian Universities because of the high tuition in the U.S. They were able to attend 4 years in Canada for the price of one year in the U.S! They were at McGill University. I wanted to go there and even sent off and got their catalog and registration materials! Think I am going to begin brainwashing youngest. I would love to see her go to McGill. The price for a year in Canada ranged from $11,000 - $14,000. The piece also noted that the application process is much easier as well all you need is to apply and they want to see your grades and SAT scores. NO ESSAYS!!!
Steven always wanted to go to canada! thanks i am seriously going to check into it wonder what airfare is like? GAH dealing with the TSA and customs though UGH
Old 04-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #1676

Be back later....
Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #1677
Major LCF Poster!

I have lost 10 lbs. Not really a big deal because I always do that when I get my steroid shots. It gets rid of the inflamation.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #1678

Congrats, Lucky, that must make you feel better. How's the bumps and bruises?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #1679

So I'm back. On my way home, I needed to stop at Dollar Tree so I did. I had to get some glad type containers. I throw them out if they are gross/nasty and plus give my MIL food every week in them. She doesn't always return them, lol and I needed some bigger ones for soup. I bought a ton. Plus they had some new sauces---taco bell verde salsa--a big jar for $1 and some other stuff like montreal steak seasoning, a big container, shampoo, etc. I spent $35!!!! Got tons of stuff---obviously 35 items. WOW Then I had to take it home to put the frozen stuff in the freezer. They had blueberries, stir fry veggies and sliced bell peppers so I had to get them---it's cheaper than the grocery.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #1680
Major LCF Poster!

I can sit comfortable now. The first thing I worried about was if I put a hold in the wall. My husband said later in the evening there was a dent in the wall. I am blind in one eye, so I have no depth perception. I looked at the wall and thought he was seeing shadows. My daughter was out last night and asked how we got the dent in the wall. There are no cracks, so I guess we will ignore it.
Closed Thread