Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #1621
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I think I'm going to do my bike now to get it done. I want to bake a dessert later, probably chocolate coconut cream pie and onion garlic buns to go with the kielbasi tonight.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #1622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Deb. I am like Steven I gotta be honest. you and KcMom put me to shame..

My son was telling me this morning.. there is this Junior who plays football..he isn't too bad..he plays several positions, and pretty successful at each.. anyway he is in one of my son's classes..and he told me he overheard him saying, that Cal is interested in him..that is the University of California at Berkley.. Cal bears.. anyway.. the kid said to another kid.. that Cal contacted him and wanted him to raise his SAT score from his 1126 he has now!!! and raise his GPA of 2.7 up.. I almost stopped the car in the middle of the street..I told him..I always heard that if you fill out your name and date properly you get 600 points just for that...he said to me Mom that is a fail in every section...just pisses me of...what I am going thru.. and now to hear this crap....and my son said mom they probably don't even want him to raise it that much...
Melinda with what we can see now it does seem unfair, doesn't it? However, your son has the smarts to go and be successful in college and hopefully have a good paying career. This other boy has physical prowess on his side apparently but has not taken advantage of intellectual pursuits. We don't know how successful he will be in college ball and whether or not playing college ball will be parlayed into a professional career or not. He may get injured and it will be the end of a big money making sports career. However, your son will be able to find good employment because he has profited from his high school and college education. While I wish no ill to this other kid, the facts and stats show that he has a lot of odds stacked against his making a fortune as an athlete. Is this making sense?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #1623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Are you kidding?? I am looking to lose 100 pounds by May 1st...
I thought it was June 1st....
Old 04-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #1624

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I thought it was June 1st....
well no when Deb says I think that 27 pounds is enough for the month.... I was making the point not for me.. the more pounds the better for me!!!! I am greedy I want it now and all off...

My walking is done....37 minutes!!! WOOHOOO go me!!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #1625

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Melinda with what we can see now it does seem unfair, doesn't it? However, your son has the smarts to go and be successful in college and hopefully have a good paying career. This other boy has physical prowess on his side apparently but has not taken advantage of intellectual pursuits. We don't know how successful he will be in college ball and whether or not playing college ball will be parlayed into a professional career or not. He may get injured and it will be the end of a big money making sports career. However, your son will be able to find good employment because he has profited from his high school and college education. While I wish no ill to this other kid, the facts and stats show that he has a lot of odds stacked against his making a fortune as an athlete. Is this making sense?
Oh absolutely!!!!! OMG I don't know how many times I have sat with my son saying they have this beautiful opportunity to get this fantastic education.. full ride and all..even if in Computer science.. and all they think about is making it big in Pros.. making zillions.. I tell my son how many of them really make it??? I saw once on 60 minutes...20 years ago.. the story of these 2 football players from STANFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG STANFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the 70's they did the bare minimum.. lied and cheated to make it thru college.. thought they were going to make it big in the pros..so they didn't care... and this is before the big money, they are making today...well like you said.. they didn't make it in the pros...and guess what they sit now...penniless and broke and unable to read and write..I just couldn't believe it..the universities and colleges are wrong.. but so are the students..I felt not a smiltch bad for them...my son is going to be paying for this education...like a elephant on his back....but it is what it is..
Old 04-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #1626

Deb... I just need you to know.. that I was leaning over my sink...making hubs his dinner for tonight.. sonny boy his sandwich for tomorrow and sonny boy's dinner.. and I leaned into ants.. my goodness.bleck they crawled all over my stomach...
Old 04-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #1627

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I've been having a problem eating my lunch. I'll take a bite or 2 and then can't eat anymore. I normally have a piece of leftover protein like chicken or pork chop and a little vegetable. Today I tried a fried egg and was able to eat the whole thing. Woohoo!!! I guess I'll be eating eggs for lunch for a while.
i love eggs but sometimes i end up eating way too many i wonder why it is still soo tight in there?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #1628

Quote:
Deb... I just need you to know.. that I was leaning over my sink...making hubs his dinner for tonight.. sonny boy his sandwich for tomorrow and sonny boy's dinner.. and I leaned into ants.. my goodness.bleck they crawled all over my stomach...
Melinda i did the same thing!! dang nab i cleaned that thing out with comet and sprayed it with raid afterward!and there they were again! i tell you these are super sterioded up tiny black ants!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #1629

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i love eggs but sometimes i end up eating way too many i wonder why it is still soo tight in there?
It seems to tighten at times for unknown reasons. I have discussed this with others on the wls forum and it is very common. I'm not worried about it, just find it odd.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #1630

Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #1631

Quote:
well no when Deb says I think that 27 pounds is enough for the month.... I was making the point not for me.. the more pounds the better for me!!!! I am greedy I want it now and all off...

My walking is done....37 minutes!!! WOOHOOO go me!!
I did 35 minutes on the bike and my legs turned to jelly!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #1632

Quote:
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #1633

Quote:
I did 35 minutes on the bike and my legs turned to jelly!!!
whoohoo to both you and Melinda!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #1634

Quote:
Old 04-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #1635

So I made the new roll recipe---onion garlic rolls. They look great, all puffed up and browned. I also made that pie. It's taking a lot longer to bake but I put it in a casserole cause I don't have a deep dish pie plate. I also emptied the d.w. and did the dishes that were left for me. How nice that no one else can wash a dish in this house but me!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #1636

Quote:
So I made the new roll recipe---onion garlic rolls. They look great, all puffed up and browned. I also made that pie. It's taking a lot longer to bake but I put it in a casserole cause I don't have a deep dish pie plate. I also emptied the d.w. and did the dishes that were left for me. How nice that no one else can wash a dish in this house but me!
oh man my mouth is WATERING!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #1637
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, how are Kenny and Ashley doing?
Old 04-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #1638

Quote:
oh man my mouth is WATERING!
Yeah, it sure smells good in here. Lucky for me I just had a big cup of coffee with my new "white chocolate velvet" sweetener. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM

But I'm being lazy tonight for dinner, just going to broil up some kielbasi and make some bok choy--probably fry it with onions and garlic too.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #1639

Lucky i am not sure about any of it Kenny said he had to miss work today because of being sick! UGH Ken would have never done that if he was in their situation and well I would have never quit my job in their position either ! Kenny said yesterday he has got to find something on the weekends as well GAH i think Ashley got a fast food job~! with a bachelor of science degree in business!
NO WORD on the loan! but i just do not see how they can get one BUT they are still in the house Sounds soo suspicious to me IDK how much on the up and up that builder is
last i heard he was charging them 10 bucks a day until the loan went through which is less than anything rents for really i am trying not to worry Kenny goes back to doc friday hopin g he keeps the appt when they told my sister her heart was hardening she was passed away in six months
soo i am trying to focus on crocheting a blanket for my grandchild found a lovely soft yellow and then an ombre that is mainly yellow with pink and blue mixed in right now i can only do granny squares BUT i am looking at youtube vids and practicing on some other yarn i have i ALMOST made a successful popcorn stich yesterday LOL that makes such a pretty blanket i just do not know if i could every master it

this weekend fixing Kennys explorer ashley and j=her sister Beth was here and i mentioned the baby wouldn't need anything i made anyways because of all the storebought stuff it would get from everyone and Beth piped up YES it will mamaw made all of us our blankets and stuff and she is gone SOMEONE has to!"
soo that lead me to think Her Mom isn't planning on MAKING much

my neighbor makes WONDERFUL quilts for all her grands and great grands i wonder if she could teach me enough how to make one out of Kenny's old baby clothes?(YES i still have tons )
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #1640

Quote:
Yeah, it sure smells good in here. Lucky for me I just had a big cup of coffee with my new "white chocolate velvet" sweetener. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM

But I'm being lazy tonight for dinner, just going to broil up some kielbasi and make some bok choy--probably fry it with onions and garlic too.
i have never had any bok choy never any around her heck there never is even any fresh parsley here
i am being really lazy using up the leftovers in the fridge MOADGE PODGE SUPPER LOL
Old 04-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #1641

Lucky has the snow melted?? what about the waters??
i hope you are feeling better i have been worried about you
Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #1642
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, I am doing OK. The snow didn't last at all, but the water is still hgih. I wish I were closer and I would help you with the blanket. I know it is not in her field, but at least Ashley is working.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #1643

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Deb, I am doing OK. The snow didn't last at all, but the water is still hgih. I wish I were closer and I would help you with the blanket. I know it is not in her field, but at least Ashley is working.
one day so far she is working IDK but except for the post office one she has never stayed at a job for over 3 months!
i wish you could help me too i am fumble fingers and it i=has been years since i even made a granny square! i about forgot HOW to even do that much

Kenny said they are hiring fast food alot where they live(over 25 miles away) too bad we can't afford the gas to try to get Steven a job nothing here close STILL
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #1644

Deb.. I can't even draw a straight line..when I have my grandbabies.. God Willing I won't be able to make anything.. i am not crafty at all....so enjoy and make tons of things...

Chewie Congrats on your bike....and your dinner sounds great... not a big Bok Choy fan but I do love me some cabbage even though I am the only one in the world that gains weight from it....I like on Sunday sometimes one of my dishes his roasted Kielbasa with carrots and potato....smells so good to...

I showed my friend Sue.. this recipe I saw today.. which was you melt Hershey's chocolate bar.. regular candy bars.. and mix it into coolwhip and put in a graham cracker pie already made crust I believe.. it was graham cracker.. told Sue my kind of recipe LOL...

GOSH more trouble brewing at hub's job...the teaching one..... makes me want to hide....no wonder why people just want to go missing on purpose...

Well I am going to look around for some recipes...I made this great recipe, starting off with a box of Kraft mac and cheese.. boy who knew LOL..

Oh and the real disaster is my scale is dying...which really sucks.. right in the middle of my serious diet here...grrr
Old 04-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #1645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=chewiegand;16391637]So I made the new roll recipe---onion garlic rolls. They look great, all puffed up and browned. I also made that pie. It's taking a lot longer to bake but I put it in a casserole cause I don't have a deep dish pie plate. I also emptied the d.w. and did the dishes that were left for me. How nice that no one else can wash a dish in this house but me![/QUOTE]

I know!!!! This so resonates with me. There are days I get so irritated. LOL
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #1646

Ditto me too.. these 2 leave friggen dishes everywhere along with trash...along with laundry all over the place..in fact I am just about to get up..and tidy up some...
Old 04-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #1647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
one day so far she is working IDK but except for the post office one she has never stayed at a job for over 3 months!
i wish you could help me too i am fumble fingers and it i=has been years since i even made a granny square! i about forgot HOW to even do that much

Kenny said they are hiring fast food alot where they live(over 25 miles away) too bad we can't afford the gas to try to get Steven a job nothing here close STILL
Wait. She was working for the Post Office when she quit?!Please tell me that I misread that!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #1648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Idol is on. Amber was up first singing Celine Dion's Power of Love. Began pretty much A Capella. Fantastic!!! Gave me goosebumps. A little bit off at the end maybe but otherwise fabulous job! I like Niki's look tonight. Mariah is much too revealing tonight.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #1649

Jeese Kcmom.. Idol isn't on for another 3 hours yet LOL!!!!!

Did you hear the rumors that they are trying to get rid of Mariah Carey with Jennifer Lopez.. I don't like her.. but I guess the audience loved her as a judge.. and they also are trying to get rid of Nikki cause they said Middle American.. Mid west doesn't like her....I just think that people miss Simon and Paula.. and that Voice show.. which I don't watch is a HUGE HIT..maybe they ought to change their show some Idol..
Old 04-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #1650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I saw a piece on the national news tonight on American students enrolling in Canadian Universities because of the high tuition in the U.S. They were able to attend 4 years in Canada for the price of one year in the U.S! They were at McGill University. I wanted to go there and even sent off and got their catalog and registration materials! Think I am going to begin brainwashing youngest. I would love to see her go to McGill. The price for a year in Canada ranged from $11,000 - $14,000. The piece also noted that the application process is much easier as well all you need is to apply and they want to see your grades and SAT scores. NO ESSAYS!!!
Closed Thread