Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good morning...
OMG...we have two mama's with son's graduating soon. Let the tears flow ladies!!! Been there and done that one!! When my oldest DD graduated I cried all day and couldn't even look at her that day without crying. It was 10 times worse the day we left her at college 3 hrs. away. I cried for 3 weeks then. It's all part of letting go. It's normal and you think your heart is being ripped out!!! Fast forward a few months and you will be fine! LOL
Deb....So in this day and age you have to buy a ticket to go to the prom??? Wow! Back in my day the juniors would decorate and serve dinner (dinner that the mother's made). After that we went into the gym where it had been decked out and had a little local band play.
yeah i think it is crazy and the tickwetcost 45 bucks and doesn't give the kids anything either
Steven's tux rental was like 80 bucks total IDK why from the big and tall palce would be any more?? ya don't get much bigger and taller than Steven he is only 6 ft though so IDK but his 62L was the same price as anyone else getting one. he won't get prom pics or anything i WISH he was going with a group just by himself i guess
i wish it was something the kids got to do but it isn't the prom is held in the community center and UGH to be honest whatever money from it is going back into the pockets of the sponsers at the HS this place is very corrupt and insular KWIM?
na i don't necessarily think the prom is early JUST it all snuck up on me! Steven just lets dates and deadlines zoom past(one reason for the lack of scholarships) and it drives me kooky

SUE we have at least 3 graduating Mamas AFAIK me Melinda and Eliza! KC does your son graduate this year?? soo i gotta mange to find out date and time for graduation get his pics made (AND BACK) and get a few announcements printed up GOOD GRIEF plus gotta figure out this ward letter sstuff UGH
Melinda just because he is in the dorm that really isn't LEAVING they still come home when laundry gets to them LOL and on holidays and stuff but i really am going to miss our time driving to school together how far away is your DSs college?/ Steven's is just about 2 hours and LOL the way i drive i can be ther in an hour if needed!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-24-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #1593

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Jeese Deb.. thank the good Lord.. my son takes care of that stuff for himself.. otherwise I would be lost.. and let deadlines pass too..Too much responsibilities LOL...

I just started my walking.. anyone care to join me???? I don't blame you.. feels like a burden today for some reason....to even get me going.. me and my whole 8 minutes which leaves 25 left to do..

Sue...I know your right...Come January 2014.. there is going to be a newer and better and sexier women in town!!!! but right now I gotta walk to obtain that!!!! LOL..
Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #1594

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Go Melinda, go. I'm at work so no walking right now. LOL Plus I have to do my bike later. I want to do a minimum of 35 minutes.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #1595

I'm so glad you all came back to chat. It's been lonely here talking to myself. I even told dh about it, lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #1596

By the way....Glen Campbell's Wichita Lineman.. is one of my all time 10 ten favorites ever....
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #1597

Chewie... I hope to do my 35 minutes well completed real soon... I hate exercise.. except for swimming.....I am will be raising it to 40 minutes next week..Good luck on your Bike!!!!!! My hubs rides his bike to work on Thurs and Sun.. when he has his regular schedule back... I have to weigh myself.. but something tells me my scale is going to die soon... which pisses me off.. my scale is like my 3rd arm I swear...ok off to walk...
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #1598

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I'm so glad you all came back to chat. It's been lonely here talking to myself. I even told dh about it, lol.
when i first started here this was a DAILY thread and had pages and pages then we went to weekly and now MONTHLY it has been down to some days i would be the only one and then sometimes i come and have several PAGE to catch up on hopefully everyone will be able to check in this week
Old 04-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #1599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Heyya, Ladies!

Well, my exercise plans were thwarted.Nurse called and I had to go pick up youngest as she has another migraine. She was up very late again last night, after 11:00. Told her that her body was getting back at her for not treating it well.

My son does not graduate this year. He is a Junior. I have purchased a Senior Pic package for him. We got it for $99 but can't schedule a date until we get his Lifeguard schedule which won't be for another couple of weeks.

Deb, omg, takes an awful lot of guts to go to Prom alone. I hope people won't be mean to him and he will have a good time.

Lucky, well, on the 10:00 news they said there would be a band passing through later but that most of us would not see any as we would be in bed. True that!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #1600

Kcmom.. hope your daughter feels better.. I can't imagine how it must feel to suffer with migraines...alot of the kids at my son's school is going by themselves without dates...His friend Daniel had asked this girl to the prom and they were all set.. but sonny boy told me this morning she hooked up with someone else and decided to go with that guy instead.. boy wow.. anyway so he told my son, he was going by himself....
Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #1601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
snow April 24.jpg

My nephew posted the snow here this morning. Think Lony will be jealous?
Deb, can you tell me how to make the pictures bigger?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #1602

Wow Lucky..I just clicked on the picture... we need that snow over here! Looks like powder sugar on the roof...sorry I am a snow virgin..
Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #1603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Melinda, you could have it. We are getting a little tired of it. I am ready for spring. Some people are calling it Sprinter.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #1604

Yeah I hear you Lucky.. I see your weather on my local news out here... we are getting such high temps and dry weather...that it looked good to me.. but the grass is always greener I guess...
Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #1605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Do you all remember me telling you how my son forbade me to work as a volunteer at the Prom for fear I would embarrass him? How he doesn't want his dad or I to go to anything at this school ? Well, about 30 mins ago I received a phone call from him asking me if I could bring up the box of Rock Salt that he forgot (for the 2nd day in a row, mind you) for his chemistry class. So, I texted him when I got there and he tells me that he is not currently at school as his SS class is at the Truman Library/Museum but that I should have someone come and get it and take it to the class. Now, how am I supposed to do that when I don't know anyone? LOL Although, when he called me I heard voices in the background saying "Hi, Mrs. XXXX!" So, the few friends of his that I do know may very well be on the field trip with him......I get the feeling that his teachers are about as exasperated with him as we are. He is also a class clown......
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #1606

Kcmom..sometimes when I drop my kid off at school he will kiss my cheek.. of course i know he scanned first..but he wouldn't want me near anything to do with the school!!!!! so I think that is normal!!! When my son was in elementary school.. they used to say to me OMG he is the nicest politest kid.. but we can't get him to stop talking and laughing during class!!! LOL...Your the best mom ever... I swear...
Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #1607

Lucky i think Lony got six more inches night before last poor Fred!
it is starting to rain here now a bit soo COOLING it off tonight but the heat will be back soon
i know ihave said it before but i WISH we could split the difference and all be in the 60s and 70s for a while

KC that is a good price on the senior pic package ONE paged was that price here so i didn;'t get any i had to pay 20 to just get them taken and they were when his hair was red and turned out good SIGH IDK just thought i would have had my head better together by now Steven won't be having a graduation party no one to come ya know? and i know he won't be invited to any wish i could have made things better

i over and over wish we had not gotten out of the Army in 92 and just kept traveling ya know? but my Mommie needed us too so IDk wishing won't bring back the time though hind sight is 20/20 i guess
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #1608

Steven's final for college bio is next wednesday at 1 and then the 6th of May starts his AP tests FINGERS CROSSED Melinda does your DS have AP tests this year? i think you said he did and i believe Eliza's son does too wish she would check in
Old 04-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #1609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Well I only have one child.. and the first thing I said to hubs, when he was taken by C Section, was He is going to leave me...and hubs says yes...but not for a very long time...but don't you want that???? so the time is just in a few minutes, so it's raw to me.. he isn't staying home for college.. he is gone...so for me I have to go thru this.. and I am going to miss the things the way they were for sure...but as I said Only had one kid....but I also know that after he is gone and doing his thing.. its time for me..even to do little things like going to the Santa Monica Pier...or Laguna beach...or an art fair...I am going to miss him tons...I cannot lie..it tears me up now...but hopefully he will be a productive person in this society.....and treat his Mom to a nice trip or something LOL!! I can do stuff for me...

A good and healthy way to look at it Melinda!!!

I am heading to the grocery store. Eli and Layla just left to go home with dad for the day!! I need the time for shopping and at some point I have to take time to go shopping for DD's graduation coming up a week from this Saturday!!! Geez....I hate shopping when I am fat!! I used to love it when I was losing good. Chewie...lucky your!!!!!!! You skinny tang!!!!

kcmama....sorry about DD. I hope she is feeling better soon. For those who suffers from those terrible headaches I know it is tough.
lucky....hopefully the snow is done for the year here, although we only had one snow for the year! It's still a little on the cold side here at times but I am more than fine with that!!! I am in NO hurry for the heat of summer.

Deb....I remember when I first came to the board there was a big stir up. It had something to do with a guy if I remember right. Lots of people left I think. Life goes on and others come on board!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #1610

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Steven's final for college bio is next wednesday at 1 and then the 6th of May starts his AP tests FINGERS CROSSED Melinda does your DS have AP tests this year? i think you said he did and i believe Eliza's son does too wish she would check in
Yes and it costs me a small fortune this year... this week they had to go to one of the buildings and fill out paper work to take the test.. I guess paying the money wasn't good enough.. we kept getting reminders in the email.. but he said he took care of it already.. he really is good about taking care of his own matters...because I don't think I could.. not as good as he does..I would miss dates and datelines..
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #1611

Sue..I can't thank you enough for helping me thru this.. and it hasn't even happened yet...

Well I gained a pound yesterday for no reason...none...but I didn't give into the feel sorry frustrated monster as I always do...so I lost that pound I gained.. but I am still kind of blue.. because it just is so non motivating.. if that makes sense..but since April 1st....I have lost 27.4 pounds...seems like I am stuck at 27 pounds.. or is it my imagination.. don't know..
Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #1612

Quote:
Yes and it costs me a small fortune this year... this week they had to go to one of the buildings and fill out paper work to take the test.. I guess paying the money wasn't good enough.. we kept getting reminders in the email.. but he said he took care of it already.. he really is good about taking care of his own matters...because I don't think I could.. not as good as he does..I would miss dates and datelines..
Steven filled out his paperwork today too, that was why i had mentioned it, because he was talking about it hoping he remembered his social correctly!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #1613

27 pounds in less than a month is amazing melinda! i honestly wouldn't be looking for anymore than that inside a months timeline
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #1614

Deb. I am like Steven I gotta be honest. you and KcMom put me to shame..

My son was telling me this morning.. there is this Junior who plays football..he isn't too bad..he plays several positions, and pretty successful at each.. anyway he is in one of my son's classes..and he told me he overheard him saying, that Cal is interested in him..that is the University of California at Berkley.. Cal bears.. anyway.. the kid said to another kid.. that Cal contacted him and wanted him to raise his SAT score from his 1126 he has now!!! and raise his GPA of 2.7 up.. I almost stopped the car in the middle of the street..I told him..I always heard that if you fill out your name and date properly you get 600 points just for that...he said to me Mom that is a fail in every section...just pisses me of...what I am going thru.. and now to hear this crap....and my son said mom they probably don't even want him to raise it that much...

Last edited by crazyone; 04-24-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #1615

Quote:
27 pounds in less than a month is amazing melinda! i honestly wouldn't be looking for anymore than that inside a months timeline
Are you kidding?? I am looking to lose 100 pounds by May 1st...
Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #1616

Quote:
Deb. I am like Steven I gotta be honest. you and KcMom put me to shame..

My son was telling me this morning.. there is this Junior who plays football..he isn't too bad..he plays several positions, and pretty successful at each.. anyway he is in one of my son's classes..and he told me he overheard him saying, that Cal is interested in him..that is the University of California at Berkley.. Cal bears.. anyway.. the kid said to another kid.. that Cal contacted him and wanted him to raise his SAT score from his 1126 he has now!!! and raise his GPA of 2.7 up.. I almost stopped the car in the middle of the street..I told him..I always heard that if you fill out your name and date properly you get 600 points just for that...he said to me Mom that is a fail in every section...just pisses me of...what I am going thru.. and now to hear this crap....and my son said mom they probably don't even want him to raise it that much...
ya know that burns me up too we have kids with high GPAs and high tests and while they get in they sure ain't getting the help they need ya know?? ugh
Old 04-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #1617

Quote:
Are you kidding?? I am looking to lose 100 pounds by May 1st...
girl you said june 1! LOL
poring rain and Steven is finished early so back to HS to sit and i won't have internet until back at home soo see ya all about 4 pm eastern!
WATER CALL my search isn't working soo i couldn't post a glitter one!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #1618

Drive carefully!!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #1619

Quote:
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #1620

I've been having a problem eating my lunch. I'll take a bite or 2 and then can't eat anymore. I normally have a piece of leftover protein like chicken or pork chop and a little vegetable. Today I tried a fried egg and was able to eat the whole thing. Woohoo!!! I guess I'll be eating eggs for lunch for a while.
Closed Thread