LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #1561
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning Everyone...

Lucky I am so glad to hear your ok.....be careful.....

Annett.. been wanting to post something to you.. when you were saying about your kids not tidying up.. boy I know exactly how you feel.. I am glad your in a better mood this week...

Chewie.. Sorry.. just fighting some demons.. thinking about stuff that hasn't happened yet.. you know how I get.....

Mona.. Good Morning Stranger...I hear you Mona.. seriously.....I have a hubs who wants to help his son in anyway he can.. I can't knock him for that ..my father could care 2 cents about me...and trust me I am scared shipless...but I have to let this go.. because it's making me physically sick.. I was getting chest pains and light headed... and ringing in my ears......there isn't too much left to do...but to give it to GOD...several people have told me this.. and this the way it turned out....he just doesn't want his son, to have work 3 jobs.. over 80 hours a week.. shop at the 99 cent store or buy marked down meat..I am not happy about the risk.. but I also have to trust and believe in him too.. it's just not what I saw myself doing......grrr...

Anyway I gained a pound from yesterday for no apparent reason...so I am trying not to think about it and move on...I did my 35 minute of walking though.. so that is good.. I even tried a tad bit of jogging LOLOL!!!!! well my kind of jogging LOL!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #1562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Lucky, I am so glad you didn't get seriously injured. These falls are scary. I was just talking on my cell with my mom while I was on the way to the post office to mail my dad some yarn and mail a bill. She said she fell a week ago Sunday coming into the house. Her shoe came off and she lost her balance and fell with her arms full. She doesn't know what she hit but she hit her nose and it was bleeding a lot and then had a cut. She and my dad had quite the time getting her up. She was sore but fortunately no serious injury. This is one reason I am doing the water aerobics whatever class. My mom has no core strength or arm strength, her knees are completely warn down to the bone. It is an extreme effort for her to pull herself up with help and almost impossible without help. This could so be me in a few years so I am trying to strengthen my core again and work on balance. I hope you feel back to your normal self quickly!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #1563

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
It's raining; it's pouring.
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and bumped his head,
And he couldn't get up in the morning.

Another wet day and maybe frost tonight and tomorrow night.

I fell Sunday at home and am so thankful I didn't get hurt any worse than I did. I "lost" the remote. It was on the bar in the kitchen. I kept looking for it and lifted up the recliner to look under it. I found a key chain that had been missing. I bent over to pick that up while I was still holding the recliner up with the other hand. I lost my balance and fell with my knee doubled under me and hit the wall with my shoulder. I landed on a basket, and the worse injury is to my bottom. Lucky there is a lot of padding there. I was afraid I had done damage to my knee, but other than being a little sore, I think it is all right.
oh Lucky keep an eye on everything that hit just in case! soo scary!

BBL
Old 04-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #1564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Has anyone else noticed that the time of your post is incorrect? I have been noticing that recently. Doesn't seem to be all of the time. I just happened to notice a couple of minutes ago and the time on my last post is incorrect. I was not even home at that time, which it said was 10:00. I posted about two hours later than that.

Ok, disregard. Now wierd. I just looked at the time and all of the times on everyones' posts readjusted. Now my previous post says 12:10 instead of 10:10....Twilight Zone.....

Last edited by kcmama; 04-23-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #1565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
It's raining; it's pouring.
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and bumped his head,
And he couldn't get up in the morning.

Another wet day and maybe frost tonight and tomorrow night.

I fell Sunday at home and am so thankful I didn't get hurt any worse than I did. I "lost" the remote. It was on the bar in the kitchen. I kept looking for it and lifted up the recliner to look under it. I found a key chain that had been missing. I bent over to pick that up while I was still holding the recliner up with the other hand. I lost my balance and fell with my knee doubled under me and hit the wall with my shoulder. I landed on a basket, and the worse injury is to my bottom. Lucky there is a lot of padding there. I was afraid I had done damage to my knee, but other than being a little sore, I think it is all right.
I haven't thought of that song in MANY years lucky!!!! That was a childhood song from MANY yrs. ago!
I am so glad you didn't hurt yourself any worse than you did. I did something like that a few months ago. Luckily no one was around. I didn't share that one with hubs!!!
Melinda....I am heading to the office for a quick note.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #1566

Well I am thinking to trying this on Sunday....exnay the green peas....and a fresh potato....

30-Minute Dijon Chicken Skillet

Ingredients

1/2
cup whipping cream

1/4
cup Dijon mustard

1/2
teaspoon salt

tablespoon olive or vegetable oil

cans (15 oz each) whole potatoes, drained, halved lengthwise

1 1/4
lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces

medium red bell peppers, cut into strips (about 2 cups)

cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen baby sweet peas

1 In small bowl, mix whipping cream, mustard and salt; set aside.
2 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and chicken; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3 Stir in bell peppers and peas. Increase heat to high; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
4 Stir in mustard mixture. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #1567

I am here waiting on you Sue!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #1568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda...the recipe looks good. I am leery of trying a chicken mustard recipe again. I did that awhile back and hubs and I just looked at each other. Didn't like it at all. This recipe does look good. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #1569

LOL I forgot about that! All I saw was cream!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #1570

WHEW been running like a chicken with my head cut off all day long Ken's bike was ready soo we went to sevierville to pick it up of course there is a traffic jam on the way back and gah looks like the mountain is wanting to slide off again! UGH
then got him home and offf to work picked Steven up and took him to rent his tux . bamboozles me that prom is NEXT WEEK! good grief and came home FOERGETTING i needed to get the rotarys for Steven's car so ken can fix it and he can drive it to prom so i left him at home while i ran back out to town to get them told him to mow while i was gone more rain coming in and this grass is growing like CRAZY! and i come home they left my kindle in PLAIN sight on the porch! now normally everyone puts packages near the door or even inside the screen door on the porch no one can see because there are bushes covering that area NOPE this was on the carport area clearing visible from the road!

SOO the rest of the evening has been working on the new kindle Steven unloaded the dishwasher and i reloaded it WHEW
that is a lot from a chubby lady who is used to playing farmville2 all day long!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #1571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, sounds like a productive day.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #1572

Deb. I am so glad my son decided not go to the prom....it's just too expensive here.....don't know how I could of swung that....I hope Steven has the best time..
Old 04-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #1573

he made high on some sort of test last year and soo h e got a free prom ticket! so it isn't going to cost him much at all as long as he is careful with the car
he doesn't have a date soo no expense for flowers or dinner etc and dang where they have it it is ridiculous! if someone wanted a limo they can not even drive in the place no room!

we had our proms at our school but oh my whitley county's gym is too precious for that

i am sad that my baby will be out of school but honestly i am glad he will be away from THIS school system backwards prejudiced evil people
Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #1574

We used to have at school too.....but now I was hearing on the radio....that the new thing is..these kids rent Mansions.OMG!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #1575

come out to play guys!
SIGH i think today is the last college class i have to take Steven to before his final SIGH my baby is graduating Friday's class he will probably have to miss for his HS drama preformances
Old 04-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #1576

and i gotta get my nerve up to pack my old kindle up and send it off to amazon i really feel lik e i am abandoning an old friend i know i got the other one for free and they look identical but i still fell bad i am soo silly
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #1577

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning.

Deb--how exciting for Steven and the prom. He's going to drive? Wow,that's cool. Our proms are still held in the gym. They decorate it up so you can't even tell and then they have all kinds of tables full of treats, like a candy table, slurpees, etc. It was so cool. The kids normally go out to dinner before the prom---luckily my ds & friends only went to Logan's---cheap.

I did 32 minutes on my bike yesterday. Supper was fried pork chops and fresh asparagus. DS14 loved it. DS18 was working. I also made a spicy chicken enchilada soup with the leftover roasted chicken. Dh loved it, he's a big soup person.

Tonight I'm making kielbasi and bok choy(cabbage).
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #1578

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
and i gotta get my nerve up to pack my old kindle up and send it off to amazon i really feel lik e i am abandoning an old friend i know i got the other one for free and they look identical but i still fell bad i am soo silly
I understand this very well. I have the old, first ed kindle with the keyboard. Dh has 2 newer ones---uses the fire and I bought a fire for myself too but haven't used it yet. DS14 has it and loves it. I just tend to stick with the old stuff even though I like the idea of the new one too.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #1579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

A beautiful sunny yet chilly morning here.

Deb, glad you all have the motorcycle back and all tuned up. You think your Prom is early? Proms began here the beginning of April. My son's Prom was almost two weeks ago now. Apparently it is the thing in a lot of places not to hold the Prom in the gym. I didn't see where you said that they are holding Steven's Prom. Is it far away or something? So is Steven going with a group of people?

Melinda, I hear you on the expenses. A mom I was working with said that the tux rental for her son from the big men's warehouse cost over 200$ and that included the $40 off coupon. Then they go out to eat, buy flowers. Personally, I think it is ridiculous and being the downer that I am, I think they should just do away with Prom. What is the point? Then about a month later the kids expect their parents to throw them a graduation party.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #1580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning...
OMG...we have two mama's with son's graduating soon. Let the tears flow ladies!!! Been there and done that one!! When my oldest DD graduated I cried all day and couldn't even look at her that day without crying. It was 10 times worse the day we left her at college 3 hrs. away. I cried for 3 weeks then. It's all part of letting go. It's normal and you think your heart is being ripped out!!! Fast forward a few months and you will be fine! LOL
Deb....So in this day and age you have to buy a ticket to go to the prom??? Wow! Back in my day the juniors would decorate and serve dinner (dinner that the mother's made). After that we went into the gym where it had been decked out and had a little local band play.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #1581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's cold here this morning so I think I need some warm coffee!!!
How is the weather out your way Melinda????
Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #1582

Kcmama.. I was floored.. when as I said I found out.. that the new thing is that a ton of kids get together and rent out a mansion for a night I guess...I said thank goodness my son didn't want to go...I think the Prom Ticket alone is 300.00...I would have scrounged if I knew he really wanted to go....but he since day 1 has never liked anything to do with school dances etc.. but I know here, it's a bank buster...heck with a graduation party he can find someone else's to go to!!!!

Sue. Good Morning....My house is so warm...I haven't slept with covers for weeks..Supposed to be they say... 70 today and tomorrow, with rain tomorrow.. and then it shoots back up to the high temps we are having...I noticed when hubs came home this morning he didn't lock the door....

Chewie.. I am just going to make hot wings and mashed potatoes for sonny boy... and for me...a bowl of cukes soaked in vinegar and a little salt...I am making today a fruit and veggie day today...

Deb...Good Morning..

Ok off to send the kid to school!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #1583
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good morning...
OMG...we have two mama's with son's graduating soon. Let the tears flow ladies!!! Been there and done that one!! When my oldest DD graduated I cried all day and couldn't even look at her that day without crying. It was 10 times worse the day we left her at college 3 hrs. away. I cried for 3 weeks then. It's all part of letting go. It's normal and you think your heart is being ripped out!!! Fast forward a few months and you will be fine! LOL
Deb....So in this day and age you have to buy a ticket to go to the prom??? Wow! Back in my day the juniors would decorate and serve dinner (dinner that the mother's made). After that we went into the gym where it had been decked out and had a little local band play.
It's funny how different we all are...I was SO glad to get them out of high school (maybe because mine were kind of spread out in age)...I enjoyed the sports for the most part...but, by child number 3 even that was wearing thin... Children take so much care and energy to do it right...or even remotely right...I was pooped..lol...I really needed some time for me before I got too ancient.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #1584

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
It's funny how different we all are...I was SO glad to get them out of high school (maybe because mine were kind of spread out in age)...I enjoyed the sports for the most part...but, by child number 3 even that was wearing thin... Children take so much care and energy to do it right...or even remotely right...I was pooped..lol...I really needed some time for me before I got too ancient.
Lynn, this is more of my attitude too and I don't have the year spread. LOL
Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #1585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good morning...
Don't we have 4 graduating? Eliza's ds, Melinda's ds, Deb's ds and KC's ds????
Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #1586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lynn....with my oldest and my youngest I didn't take it hard at all. I knew they both were going to stick around close by. With our middle child....well she marches to her own tune and I knew she was moving away. Sure enough after college she left for Alaska for 6 yrs.!!! LOL Now when she comes home I am glad to see her but....it's nice to get my house back after she leaves!!!

I think I will try this out for dinner tonight....Looks easy and good.
Quick & Easy Recipes – Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers
Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #1587
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Lynn, this is more of my attitude too and I don't have the year spread. LOL
Oh good.....then we are relatively normal?...

I was even happier when they all settled down with someone to love..so far so good on that front..
Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #1588
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, did you have snow last night? Several people said we did, but I didn't see it.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #1589

Well I only have one child.. and the first thing I said to hubs, when he was taken by C Section, was He is going to leave me...and hubs says yes...but not for a very long time...but don't you want that???? so the time is just in a few minutes, so it's raw to me.. he isn't staying home for college.. he is gone...so for me I have to go thru this.. and I am going to miss the things the way they were for sure...but as I said Only had one kid....but I also know that after he is gone and doing his thing.. its time for me..even to do little things like going to the Santa Monica Pier...or Laguna beach...or an art fair...I am going to miss him tons...I cannot lie..it tears me up now...but hopefully he will be a productive person in this society.....and treat his Mom to a nice trip or something LOL!! I can do stuff for me...

Last edited by crazyone; 04-24-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #1590

they were saying last night that we have had only 5 inches of rain.. and normal this time, is about 9...so OMG I Can see them squeezing us more on the water...with more talks of drought...
Closed Thread