Old 04-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #1531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
anyone heard from Eliza since that explosion in TX?
I don't think we have heard from her from a bit before the explosion in TX. Don't know about your neck of the woods, but here they have not given anywhere near as much coverage to the explosion in Tx as to the Boston bombing. Both events were tragic, yet more injured and killed in Tx, but less coverage. And hardly any mention of the earthquake in China either. I just heard about it last night.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #1532
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, we are fine. Thanks for asking. There are several places in our county flooding, sandbagging, and closing roads. Where our house is, if it floods, everyone would need an ark. We have some bottom ground that floods, but we don't have anything planted yet.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #1533
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I don't think we have heard from her from a bit before the explosion in TX. Don't know about your neck of the woods, but here they have not given anywhere near as much coverage to the explosion in Tx as to the Boston bombing. Both events were tragic, yet more injured and killed in Tx, but less coverage. And hardly any mention of the earthquake in China either. I just heard about it last night.
yeah i was noticing that too i think the bombing is more "sensational" and they think they can get better ratings i remember when they reported NEWS and not putting their own opinions in it and putting leading statements that have no basis in fact but people only hear a couple key words and latch on to them now just shameful UGH those poor people in texas and oh my that earthquake!
you are doing amaing with the workout!
Lucky it is great to see you checking in! i heard Michigan is really flooded too from the rains this weather has been crazy! and yeah though my yard becomes a lake(and it is higher thn the road) if we flooded out everyone would need and ark too!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-22-2013 at 10:19 AM..
Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #1534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Chewie....this is what we are having. I have it in the crock pot and I added carrots, peppers and broccoli. Mongolian Beef Recipe | Free Online Recipes | Free Recipes

Lucky, I was wondering about the flooding up your way. Glad you live high up! I've watched some of the flooding on the news and it is just horrible. The worse may yet to be.

kcmama, we have mild temps here also and they are calling for storms this evening.

The little ones are here so I better get back off. Layla is playing in the crib and Eli is watching Max and Ruby!!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #1535

oh i used to love max and ruby! i am glad to hear they are still on!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #1536
Major LCF Poster!

Flooding.jpg

This is in my county, about 25 miles from me.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #1537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I find it sad that Glenn Campbell is bad enough now that he isn't touring any longer. Us older ones recall his music well!!!

Deb...We love Max and Ruby around here. Now Nana here can't get her mind around Sponge Bob. I just don't get the humor from him.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #1538
Major LCF Poster!

flooding 2.jpg

This is about 30 miles from us at Hannibal, MO.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #1539

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Hello Everyone....the boys were real nice last night.. they all came in and said nice to meet you and left like 2 hours later.. saying thanks for having us.. each one of them.. unlike the other 3 boys that used to jam with him during the summers...they were really impressed with my son's drum playing ability and gave him a band T shirt.. sonny boy said he would pay for it.. and they said NO we should be paying you.. your awesome.. I guess the other drummer sucked and quit the band.. so I guess they have a gig maybe coming up.. but my son isn't over the moon happy...because he said they are all going to different colleges in a few months.. one is going to Notre Dame.. the other guy Purdue.. all on full ride baseball scholarships of course....

Hubs was on the phone with 2 different companies pertaining to the student loan.. OMG my head is spinning from that...

I am doing 35 minutes of walking.. and that is complete.. and I don't know since I changed that scale battery.. the weight has been friggen dropping off me.. which IS GOOD...I lost another pound.. and I ate like a first class pig and moooooooo cow yesterday.. go figure...

To all those that are in horrible weather conditions..I wish you to be safe.. we of course are in the 80s and roasting already...

Chewie..maybe I need to make that iced coffee.. to have in the morning I get too lazy to make any I Swear to you...I have a little bag of kona coffee...

Sue.. see you in the office...
Old 04-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #1540

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again. Came home and had some lunch, washed the dishes that were left for me--how nice of them, threw a load of laundry in and went to Aldi's. Mainly needed produce so I only bought $35 worth of stuff and as you know that isn't much. I did get 7 avocados, oranges, grapes, asparagus, cukes, zucchini, tomatoes and a few other things.

I just moved the laundry to the dryer and am drinking some water now. I need to do my bike and I'd like to get that over with soon. Today I need to do 34 minutes.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #1541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
I find it sad that Glenn Campbell is bad enough now that he isn't touring any longer. Us older ones recall his music well!!!

Deb...We love Max and Ruby around here. Now Nana here can't get her mind around Sponge Bob. I just don't get the humor from him.
oh no not here either i never let the kids watch Sponge Bob
but i loved Max and ruby!

wow Lucky! i made it bigger
Old 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #1542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG...thanks for making the picture bigger Deb. What a horrible thing!!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #1543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Attachment 49526

This is about 30 miles from us at Hannibal, MO.
Wow, Lucky. That is a lot of water!!! I have not seen any of these flooding images on the news here. They did show all those barges that broke loose on the Mississippi at St. Louis. I hope you all don't get much more rain from this next system.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #1544

2nd one

has monday gotten everyone down?? miss everyone

i just got an email saying the new kindle will be here tomorrow!WOW i can not believe that
Old 04-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #1545

Sue you have to make these for Eli when he gets into Toy Story! wish i had known how to do this when my guys were little!

Just Another Day in Paradise: To Infinity---and Beyond!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #1546
Major LCF Poster!

Deb, those gloves are so cute.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #1547

Quote:
Deb, those gloves are so cute.
i gotta stay away from Pinterest LOL are you doing ok today Lucky?/
Old 04-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #1548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey Everyone

I hope ya'll had a good Monday.
I just got home from work and have just enough time to say hi here, get changed out of my scrubs, grab something out of the fridge and run off to girl scouts.

Work was good. Overall a good day. I am not quite as down as last week. Even through my situation hasn't changed I think I am beginning to realize the I will make things work and its ok, and stressing myself sick about it has no point.

Plus I watched video that I thought was pretty funny. It was about FWP - First World Problems.

I like the last part the best.... it made me giggle.

Anyway - I have got to run!!!!

Have a FANTASTIC evening...

>>Annett
Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #1549

i am glad today was better for you Annett!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #1550

did lony not check in at all today??
Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #1551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Sue you have to make these for Eli when he gets into Toy Story! wish i had known how to do this when my guys were little!

Just Another Day in Paradise: To Infinity---and Beyond!
Oh he loves Toy Story Deb!! These are beyond infinity!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Do you get a feeling one way or the other what you think you all will have? With Eli DD was just the same as always. With Layla DD was very moody. It was strange because she has never been the type to be like that. She could bite your head off in a moment or cry at a drop of a hat. She also had some acne on her forehead. It must have been all those female hormones she was carrying!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #1552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saved it in my bookmarks. Thanks Deb.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #1553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
I am reading from work today. Still have a few pages to catch up on but I just wanted to jump in here and say Melinda wait!!! You do not have to do this. It sounds like you might have already co-signed for him already though? Remember when you were rehashing some of the discussions you had had with your son, and one of the things you mentioned to him was to work a year and save money for college? What about that idea? I think that is the best solution. I know your son has his heart set on the whole college experience thing, but he needs to be able to pay for it. It's not your job to pay for it. It really isn't. Just want you to really think about this. You shouldn't be so worried over something that you are getting physically ill over it. Your body and mind is trying to tell you something. Hugs.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #1554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Folks!

First off, Mona!Hope you and your dh are doing well. How is the BP? Are you and the doc able to keep it stable now? How is springtime in the Pacific NW? It has been cold and wet here, but, I am not complaining. Just stating the facts. (Just the facts, ma'am. What show was that from?)

Well, we escaped the snow. I think. I woke up around 4:00 to the sound of sleet/ice pelting the house. I got up to see if it was ice. Thankfully not. The kids are off to school. I am going to be meeting up with some friends for breakfast around 9:00. I am looking forward to it.Not because of the food, but, because I have not seen a couple of them in over six months.

I learned how to chain crochet yesterday and made two "scarves". Youngest could not get the concept through her head because they didn't look like typical scarves so I told her to think of them as necklaces. Then she said, I don't wear necklaces.I guess this fashion statement item is beyond her.

Did anyone see the Dr. Oz show yesterday? Part of it was on the Paleo diet. Interesting stuff. I remember Eliza talking about it but can't remember if she tried eating that way or not.

Lucky, hope things are improving your way.

Deb, those gloves are adorable. What little boy wouldn't like those? Would make a nice birthday gift for someone.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #1555

Good morning. How are you? It is so quiet here. Makes me sad that our "support" forum is so lonely.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #1556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all.....
Annett, funny video. The sad part is that is how so many young kids look and feel for real!!!

Hi Mona!! Nice hearing from you!!! Hope all is going well in your world.

kcmama, glad you missed out on the snow!!

It's a really cool morning here and will be in the 30's tonight they say. I have some white beans cooking. It just sounded good on a cold "Spring" day!!!LOL
Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 AM   #1557
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Hi chewie....don't be sad...this forum goes from dead to busy as heck overnight...it's just the nature of the beast..

I have been going to this chiropractor...we will call her #2...ugh..it is SUCH a long story..I am going to make it REALLY short...I decided she hasn't helped at all...so, I am going back to my old one..we will call him #1...who is old in more ways than one...and give him another whack...so, I have to go to chiro #2 to get my neck xrays which I had taken by my chiro back in MA last fall and bring them to chiro #1...and not sure how I am not going to mention chiro #2..probably just not..lol

Chin up chewie..

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #1558
Major LCF Poster!

It's raining; it's pouring.
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and bumped his head,
And he couldn't get up in the morning.

Another wet day and maybe frost tonight and tomorrow night.

I fell Sunday at home and am so thankful I didn't get hurt any worse than I did. I "lost" the remote. It was on the bar in the kitchen. I kept looking for it and lifted up the recliner to look under it. I found a key chain that had been missing. I bent over to pick that up while I was still holding the recliner up with the other hand. I lost my balance and fell with my knee doubled under me and hit the wall with my shoulder. I landed on a basket, and the worse injury is to my bottom. Lucky there is a lot of padding there. I was afraid I had done damage to my knee, but other than being a little sore, I think it is all right.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #1559

Quote:
It's raining; it's pouring.
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and bumped his head,
And he couldn't get up in the morning.

Another wet day and maybe frost tonight and tomorrow night.

I fell Sunday at home and am so thankful I didn't get hurt any worse than I did. I "lost" the remote. It was on the bar in the kitchen. I kept looking for it and lifted up the recliner to look under it. I found a key chain that had been missing. I bent over to pick that up while I was still holding the recliner up with the other hand. I lost my balance and fell with my knee doubled under me and hit the wall with my shoulder. I landed on a basket, and the worse injury is to my bottom. Lucky there is a lot of padding there. I was afraid I had done damage to my knee, but other than being a little sore, I think it is all right.
Oh Lucky, I'm glad it wasn't worse.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #1560
Major LCF Poster!

Me, too, Chewie. I was so embarrassed because my husband had to help me up. At the time I fell, I was mostly worried I had put a hole in the wall board.
Closed Thread