Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #1501
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
this one is listed as a detox water sounds yummy do you think it is similar to the one you are looking for??
Drinking LOTS of water is key to weight loss, staying hydrated, and removing impurities from your body. If you’re not a big water drinker then plain water can get boring, but if you add the right things they give it some flavor and help to detox your body.

Lemon: Lemon water makes for a powerful detox drink; lemon juice helps to cleanse and alkalize the body. Add one thinly sliced lemon to a large pitcher, or squeeze fresh lemon juice into your glass.
Mint: Mint adds a touch of sweetness without the sugar, and it also helps settle your stomach and aids in digestion.
Cucumber: Adding a few slices of cucumber to your water makes for excellent rehydration, and cucumber contains anti-inflammatory properties.
I like to make a big pitcher of this and drink it throughout the day. It’s so refreshing and the perfect twist for plain water.

3 quarts or 12 cups of water

2 lemons, sliced

1/2 cucumber, sliced

10 mint leaves

Rinse everything really well. Slice lemons and cucumber. Add lemons, cucumber, and mint to pitcher. Cover with 3 quarts of water and refrigerate over night.
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #1502

there is another one like that but adding some ginger to it that would make it SPICY! LOL
Ken tried once to drink some for his weight loss recommened by his doctor it had ginger and cayenne and he didn't make it but 2 days too much

but the one with lemon mint and cucumber would be way refreshing
Old 04-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #1503

pinterest did have a ton of recipes for fruit waters hmm any excuse for me to go to pinterest huh/
Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #1504

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Ok very quickly...Baby Layla looks fantastic....wow....and yes OMG I walked out this morning to my car and thankfully someone had squashed that huge bug.. wow....

Anyway bunch of kids are coming over here at 5pm to jam...something tells me though when sonny boy wakes up and checks his mwessages..hye is going to change that time to like 1pm or soemthing grrr...I did tidy up last night with sonny boy.. but it has to be redone....so I am hoping it's at 5pm.. then they can go home LOL!!! JUST JOKING!!! I made myself laugh..

Anyway funny story.. I changed my batteries on my scale and low and behold this morning I have a 2 pound whoosh.. LOL OMG if it was that easy I would do that every stinking day...so if it holds up....that means I have lost since April 1st...26.8 pounds...I have 73 more to lose by June 1st....

Ok I better get going here..I am channeling my inner Chewie.. girl I don't' know how you do it..
Old 04-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Ok very quickly...Baby Layla looks fantastic....wow....and yes OMG I walked out this morning to my car and thankfully someone had squashed that huge bug.. wow....

Anyway bunch of kids are coming over here at 5pm to jam...something tells me though when sonny boy wakes up and checks his mwessages..hye is going to change that time to like 1pm or soemthing grrr...I did tidy up last night with sonny boy.. but it has to be redone....so I am hoping it's at 5pm.. then they can go home LOL!!! JUST JOKING!!! I made myself laugh..

Anyway funny story.. I changed my batteries on my scale and low and behold this morning I have a 2 pound whoosh.. LOL OMG if it was that easy I would do that every stinking day...so if it holds up....that means I have lost since April 1st...26.8 pounds...I have 73 more to lose by June 1st....

Ok I better get going here..I am channeling my inner Chewie.. girl I don't' know how you do it..
WOOOOHOOOO!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #1506

Melinda some of this water might be a great way to cool off for you!

they said make sure to wash all fruit thoroughly before using

Quote:
Easy Fruit & Herb Flavored Water
By Monica Servings: 6-8 servings
Ingredients
fruit -- 2 cups berries, citrus, melons, pineapple...most fruits will work (see recommended amounts in directions)
herbs -- a sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender
water (tap or filtered)
ice
Directions
Supplies needed: 2 quart pitcher or jar with lid; muddler or wooden spoon

General formula for whatever fruit/herb combo you desire.
1. If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavor; don't pulverize the herbs into bits.
2. Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
3. Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
4. Add water to top of jar/pitcher.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.

Suggested flavor combinations:
ALL CITRUS (no herbs) -- Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) -- Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
PINEAPPLE MINT -- Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig; or, remove the leaves from the sprig, if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice & water.
BLACKBERRY SAGE -- Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice & water.
WATERMELON ROSEMARY -- Add rosemary sprig to jar & muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #1507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Melinda some of this water might be a great way to cool off for you!

they said make sure to wash all fruit thoroughly before using
Deb, all these water/fruit recipes sound great! Thanks for posting them. I am getting somewhat tired or iced tea!

Sue, so happy to see a happy and healthy looking baby Layla! She is so cute!

Melinda, good luck with the housework and entertaining!

I have been doing some online reading and was out picking more dandelions, mowing the grass, picking up lots of fallen branches and twigs. I am showered and dressed and trying to get up enough gumption to head to the store to find something for dinner and lunches this week. Sigh.

Hello to those missing-- Eliza, Mona, Linda, Lucky, Lony, Annett!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #1508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Deb....thanks for the recipe and those above look SO good!!!! Melinda....you need some of those for sure!!!!
Melinda......WTG on the weight loss. You are doing great!!! I wish your loss would inspire me to get to losing. I am just sitting here like a piggy in the mud! LOL
kcmama....my grand dad used to make dandelion wine!!!!LOL
It's meatloaf, small baked pot. and asparagus for dinner tonight.
For some reason asparagus is really cheap right now. I guess it must be growing season somewhere fore it.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #1509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Deb....thanks for the recipe and those above look SO good!!!! Melinda....you need some of those for sure!!!!
Melinda......WTG on the weight loss. You are doing great!!! I wish your loss would inspire me to get to losing. I am just sitting here like a piggy in the mud! LOL
kcmama....my grand dad used to make dandelion wine!!!!LOL
It's meatloaf, small baked pot. and asparagus for dinner tonight.
For some reason asparagus is really cheap right now. I guess it must be growing season somewhere fore it.
Your menu sounds yummy! Sadly, I am about the only one in my house who likes meatloaf. Sounds like a nicely balanced meal and one that should not make you gain weight. I am back from the grocery store. I picked up a bag of Lay's Limon Potato Chips. My dh and kiddos liked them in Colombia so when I saw them on sale today I picked up a bag. To me, they are very reminiscent of Salt and Vinegar. I also bought some local honey from the new bulk section of the store. I decided to dip a Limon chip in honey. Guess what? It tastes good!! LOL My dh was telling me that when he was a young teen they had 20 different beehive thingies and it was his job to check on them and clean around them and empty honey into jars and sell them. They would usually end up with 50 large bottles of honey at a time. Nobody really used honey so it would take him a long time to sell them.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #1510

Old 04-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #1511

HOWDY KC! i lov e raw honey! wow on the working with the bees!
and i love meatloaf too!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #1512

Kcmama me too....the only meatloaf lover..that citrus water looks fantastic.....I am trying to tidy up now......I had to put my air on low...,,we can't open the door for some fresh air and it's 92 out now.....

The recipe I posted with the arthichoke cauliflower bake..OMG....I used all artichoke and it eye rolling good...everything is put away now....by 4pm...

Well I better get some real clothes on..,,according to the scalei am dropping but I feel bloated like the scale is lying..anyway..,
Old 04-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #1513

that atricchoke dish sounds soo good! GAH the heat! i dread this summer soo much
Old 04-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #1514

Hubs just killed a bug in the house and the driveway.....I really have to scrounge around for the 45 bucks for my bug guy.....it's not always possible.....tired of being poor..
Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #1515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey All ��

Well, my kids are giving a run for my money this weekend. They have done nothing but fight with each other and ignored what I say. My house is a mess and they won’t clean up their mess. Just so frustrated. I finally gave up on separating them and walked away and cleaned my fridge. They did nothing but watch TV but at least for 30 min things were QUIET. LOL

Kcmama- I know I can do it. The classes are a good mix this term. I think the combination of Math, Personal Finance and Accounting last term would have been enough to fry anyone. Oh ya and after...my counselor was like “Oh I’m sorry you didn’t really need the accounting class - ooopps” I was really peeved.

This term I have math, psychology and “succeeding in college” and I love it.

My Dads Bday is next Sunday. He collects Beersteins from Germany. I found one at Goodwill for $3. And my Mom told me he was laying brick in the backyard, so I may add a $20 gift card for home depot and that should be good.

Melinda - 88 degrees!!!! We’re supposed to hit 80 and I am so not thrilled! ...Wait... 97 degrees?? Oh I’m soo sorry!

And I hear ya....I am tired of being poor too!!!

Deb - For the ants..make a simple syrup and dissolve borax in it...the ants will be attracted because of the sugar but the borax will kill them. Just put on lids (like from glass jars) and set them out. Just be sure they are out of reach of little kids if you have them at the house.

LOL - I love that “good morning” pic ...all sunny and bright.

Oh no...I hope Ken feels better....

Those waters look delish!

I have manuka honey that is supposed to have really good healing properties but because I am LC right now I haven't really used it. I am debating if I should anyway since its supposed to be so healthy but I’d hate to throw myself off track even more.

And I hear ya....I am tired of being poor too!!!

Oksue - Awwww what a happy baby...reminds me of times when my kids were babies....

Ohhh meatloaf sounds sooo good!

__________________________________________________ ________

My scale really isn't moving at all this week and its got me a little frustrated but I am trying just to take a step back and breathe and now let things get to me.

I made a batch of laundry soap today (yay) so I don't have to worry about that for the next 9 months or so. I would really like to try making my own bar soaps but it will have to wait just a little bit until I am through this fianancial mess and in a better position. But I am going to research it anyway so I can be ready when I do have the $$ to get the supplies. I think it would be neat and maybe even a small extra income opportunity.

I made a breakfast salad earlier - really liked it...here is a pic

I hope everyone has a HAPPY MONDAY!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0008 (800x600).jpg (52.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Kcmama me too....the only meatloaf lover..that citrus water looks fantastic.....I am trying to tidy up now......I had to put my air on low...,,we can't open the door for some fresh air and it's 92 out now.....

The recipe I posted with the arthichoke cauliflower bake..OMG....I used all artichoke and it eye rolling good...everything is put away now....by 4pm...

Well I better get some real clothes on..,,according to the scalei am dropping but I feel bloated like the scale is lying..anyway..,
Aye, Melinda! I soooooo hate the 90s!!!! I am sure you will get some relief with the A/C on and all the boys will be glad to have it on. Stick with the diet plan. Do not let your mind play games with you. You are losing so keep on keeping on!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #1517

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Deb - For the ants..make a simple syrup and dissolve borax in it...the ants will be attracted because of the sugar but the borax will kill them. Just put on lids (like from glass jars) and set them out. Just be sure they are out of reach of little kids if you have them at the house.
LOL tried it and the boric acid too these are super ants!
hope your scale moves soon

Old 04-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #1518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good night and sweet dreams to all. I have a busy day tomorrow. Well actually all week. I'll have Eli and Layla each day.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #1519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Well, still a bit sunny here this morning. Apparently showers will be moving in later this afternoon turning to a wet snowovernight! Yikes! We might have slight accumulation on grassy areas. While I do not remember snow this late in the season in the 20+ years I have lived here it seems that the latest date for recorded snow in this region is May 14! Sooooooo....still may not be the end. LOL I will be off to my aqua exercise a bit later. Sue, have fun with the grands!

What are you all up to today?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #1520

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. We ended up having to go pick up the parents as the car battery died. They didn't even get to church, then dad put it on charge and it wouldn't take the charge. It's only 3 years old and that is not right. They make things to break now.
So ds18 took them home while I cleaned the kitchen and dh took ds14 out to practice driving up our road. At least I woke to a clean kitchen this morning. I liked that.

Sunny here today and 70, supposed to get rain tonight. We've had tons of rain lately. April showers I guess.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #1521

howdy all!
SIGH last night went to read my kindle and half the screen was frozen and tried all the resetting stuff UGH did a hard reset several times. it is kept in a really good cover and i haven't a clue what had happened to it I cried all night i love this thing! called amazon and they are sending a replacement FREE!! only thing i won't be able to recover is where i had them divided into collections SIGH and that was a LOT of work for over 1100 books! and i have to send this one back but they pay shipping i got this for christmas 2010 and they still are replaceing it i just feel like i am giving up a close friend though because i love this one

Chewie when my battery died at 3 it was because my alternator needed replaced
Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #1522

Quote:
howdy all!
SIGH last night went to read my kindle and half the screen was frozen and tried all the resetting stuff UGH did a hard reset several times. it is kept in a really good cover and i haven't a clue what had happened to it I cried all night i love this thing! called amazon and they are sending a replacement FREE!! only thing i won't be able to recover is where i had them divided into collections SIGH and that was a LOT of work for over 1100 books! and i have to send this one back but they pay shipping i got this for christmas 2010 and they still are replaceing it i just feel like i am giving up a close friend though because i love this one

Chewie when my battery died at 3 it was because my alternator needed replaced
Thanks, my dad is having a neighbor help him figure out the issue this morning. I hope cause if not, he'll be calling me and I guess I'll take him to buy a new battery. The car is a 1994 Taurus so it's pretty old.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #1523

So I made a new to me veggie: swiss chard. I roasted it in the oven with olive oil, s & p. Then topped it with feta mixed w/sun dried tomatoes. It was delicious.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #1524

Yesterday's menu got changed cause dh didn't want to make taco's for the parents. I ended up making 2 sticky chicken, swiss chard, salad, rolls and ice cream for dessert. Appetizer was a fresh made lobster and lump crab dip. It was awesome. I baked 2 lobster tails and then chopped them up with mayo, scallions, lemon, spices and the lumb crab. Everyone loved it.

So dinner tonight is taco salads. What are you having?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #1525

WATER CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already had 64 ounces!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #1526

Melinda---I love the Pioneer woman's recipes. She has an easy make ahead iced coffee recipe. I copied it and am going to start making it once the weather gets warmer. I will probably cut this recipe in half as I don't need that much coffee ready. It would take too long to use up.

Perfect Iced Coffee Servings: 24
■1 pound Ground Coffee (good, Rich Roast)
■8 quarts Cold Water
■ Half-and-half (healthy Splash Per Serving)
■ Note: Can Use Skim Milk, 2% Milk, Whole Milk, Sugar, Artificial Sweeteners, syrups...adapt To Your Liking!
In a large container, mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature eight hours or overnight. Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds. Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to cool. Use as needed. To make iced coffee, pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill glass 2/3 full with coffee liquid. Add healthy splash of half-and-half and sweetener if you want and stir to combine. Taste and adjust half-and-half and/or sweetener as needed.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #1527

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
WATER CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already had 64 ounces!
i have had 23 so far and NO COFFEEE
ACK i think Steven's prom is in less than 2 weeks!

Chewie where is everyone??
Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #1528

Quote:
i have had 23 so far and NO COFFEEE
ACK i think Steven's prom is in less than 2 weeks!

Chewie where is everyone??
I don't know. Seems like everyone is busy or something. It's lonely here lately.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #1529

anyone heard from Eliza since that explosion in TX?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #1530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gang! Back from my water aerobics class. I am getting firmer! I have to admit just doing anything would make me firmer since I am such a slug! I really have lost a lot of upper arm and core strength. Hoping it is not to late to get those areas back in shape. Rain clouds definitely coming in now. Temp is still warm though. I have to dry my hair and run to the store to get rock salt for a project for my son. We used to have some from making ice cream, but, of course, I can't find it.

Lucky, how are you all holding up over there in your part of MO? I pray you are not a victim of the flooding. We have two rounds of rain this week and they are predicting some flooding for us as the ground is too saturated to absorb more. What a difference from this time last year! Hope you all are ok.

Pansies, how is the vision? Any improvement? Have you made an appt for a second opinion? What about any teaching/research hospitals in the area for an appt?

Melinda, that must have been sooooooome par-tay at your place last night that has you sleeping in this late!

Lony, where are you? How was the babysitting date?
Closed Thread