Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #1471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
I'm pretty sure I want this house that goes with this nice kitchen!! Of course I would want the maid that I am sure they have to come with it also.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #1472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So hubs was going to grill steaks out but I think I will give him a break and go fix this instead. I've fixed it before and loved it. I'll add broccoli and carrots also I think.
Mongolian Beef Recipe | Free Online Recipes | Free Recipes

Really people....am I the only one here just talking to myself this afternoon??? Everyone but me must have a life today!!!!! LOL
Old 04-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #1473
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I had to take my husband for a cardio follow up yesterday. Before we left, I had to throw away about half of the food in my refrigerator. It is only 3 years old, but the defrost board has gone out. They are supposed to call me with what it will cost to fix it. I am not a happy camper. They manually defrosted it and said it would last about a week. They came while I was gone, so I couldn't ask any questions.
oh no Lucky! i am soo sorry!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #1474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I had to take my husband for a cardio follow up yesterday. Before we left, I had to throw away about half of the food in my refrigerator. It is only 3 years old, but the defrost board has gone out. They are supposed to call me with what it will cost to fix it. I am not a happy camper. They manually defrosted it and said it would last about a week. They came while I was gone, so I couldn't ask any questions.

Oh No! I am soooo sorry to hear that! I would be upset for sure!

How was your dh's appt.? I hope you had only good news!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #1475

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Well unfortunately this isn't a cut and dry issue...we have been and talked to everyone....we only have one child...I wouldn't know what I would do if I had more than one...I get where my hubs comes from.. it's not from a bad place.. it's from a place where he really loves his son and wants to do as much as he can for him.. I had a father who hated the air I breathed...so I get it.. anyway it's done.. and there is nothing I can do anymore...he has been a responsible kid in school.. and hoping and praying he continues.. I prayed for months and this is the hand I was dealt...if after 2 years he pays it after he is finished with college.. they take our name off the loan.. so I am going to pray he does that.. you know my kid wants to get into a career that involves sports....so on his own he contacted the football coach there... and they talked several times.. finally the coach offered my son a 2 year internship....to record the football games.. sit in on meetings a bunch of things he is excited about...after the 2nd year.. they will pay him some.. when hubs and my son went down there on Friday.. my hubs spoke with the coach to get the real particulars.. and the coach described my son has a real go getter.. anyway he told my hubs and son.. that his school is number priority.....if he gets a job on campus..then this internship...so I can't say in that aspect he is irresponsible....it's not so easy to say what to do unless you cross this bridge...and I have to not be too mad at hubs because he really loves his son.. I told my son he is lucky to have 2 parents who really love him to pieces.. so..whatever...

But boy today my hubs is angry at something else..I couldn't wait until he left this morning.. good gravy...
Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #1476

it is common for parents to co sign for the student loans
you do not have to put your house up for it
my kids know anything i co sogn for and they think of missing a payment i would take it out of their hide soo i have no worries about it ever falling back on my credit
Kenny paid his frommITT Tech off by the time he started at the university of the cumberlands
we have to co sign a loan for Steven as well we got his award letter from EKU today and he has a 3.92 average as well 28 ACT
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #1477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annett! I am so sorry that it has been such a difficult week for you.I would be willing to bet that the weight gain is from so much stress. I am praying things improve and start looking up for you. I say do what you have to do right now to make sure you do well in these classes since that will help to get your scholarship back for next semester. When you look at it like that, you can look at the classes, homework, papers, and tests as a second job. The payday just comes later in the form of scholarship next time. So, dig in deep down inside yourself. You can do it. It will not be easy but you seem very strong. Take each day as it comes and get through it. Besides planning for when a paper is due or a test, try not to look ahead. Just get through the problems of today. Before you know it this quarter will be over and you will be on the other side. Each day brings you that much closer to the end.I will be praying for you.

How did things go for your dad's birthday?
Old 04-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #1478

Thanks Deb.. made me feel better some....congrats on his award letter...my son wants to live away from home.. Is Steven going for campus life?? or commuting?...

Boy Deb it just hit me when I first came to this thread.. and we started talking about our children.. I remember telling you that sonny boy was on the debate team.. as well as starting drums in the marching band.. and that was the 9th grade!! WOW!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #1479

Annett.. thanks for your help.. hope we both have a less stressful week.. speaking of which I am going to make some iced tea.. it's 88 DEGREES RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #1480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chewie, omg, you have done so much today! Your house must be spotless!!! Mine is somewhat cluttered. I have been having a fairly laid back day. I did have to take youngest shopping to pick up a secret "character" gift to exchange in musical theater today. Waited for musical theater to end and then got gas. We stopped in a candy shop since we had heard about it from friends. It was all right. We each got a chocolate dipped marshmallow. Too sweet even though mine looked like it was dark vs milk chocolate.

I think a taco bar sounds fun for tomorrow. You could whip up a quick flan for dessert and you are good. Start off with a Margarita...... or I guess maybe some Corona. Although, I prefer Negro Modelo myself.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #1481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda, I am confused. We didn't have to cosign for my daughter. She qualified for subsidized loan....but, hmmm, something is coming to mind here now that I am typing. I believe there were changes to the student loans recently. I believe I read if it passed then it would be harder to get grants and loans and the interest rates would go up from 3ish% to around 7-8%. I can't remember if it passed or not. I do know that that is what the President said we needed to do for part of student loan reform but can't remember if it passed. Maybe that is why or was it because he is late applying? You know he can apply next year too not just your Freshman year. I am a bit worried myself esp with my daughter considering Law School this fall and then my son starting college the next year.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Thanks Deb.. made me feel better some....congrats on his award letter...my son wants to live away from home.. Is Steven going for campus life?? or commuting?...

Boy Deb it just hit me when I first came to this thread.. and we started talking about our children.. I remember telling you that sonny boy was on the debate team.. as well as starting drums in the marching band.. and that was the 9th grade!! WOW!!!
Melinda EKU is 2 hours away soo not close enough for commute plus the dorm will be good for him REALLY i wish Kenny had gotten to experience dorm life before he got all the responsibilities of marriage and yeah the dorm and food plan is DOUBLE what we counted on soo the need for the loan but we are going to have him go after the scholarships ASAP for next year and MAYBE the 2nd year he wouldn't need as big of a loan and they did assign him some workstudy soo that eases it a bit
PLUS i have to call monday they forgot to put on the 1000$ Gear Up Scholarship he won
and we are still trying to get him a summer job fingers crossed whatever he earned would lower the amount too
and it won't be as bad on me i have had 2 summers of Steven being in the dorm at berea for 6 weeks each summer
Old 04-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #1483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda, which school is he doing? The one that offered him some financial assistance or the school he wanted to attend but gave him nothing? I can't remember.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #1484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb, how is Kenny's BP? Is it back under control yet? How is Ashley doing? What was the final deal on the house? Is it theirs yet?
Old 04-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #1485

i do not have a clue about the house
Kenny DID keep the cardiologist appointment yesterday and he put him on 100mg of HCTZ i take 12.5 mg a day! in addition to the BP meds and said something baout his cardiac muscle hardening???but he said he felt better already child must have been retaining water like CRAZY Ashley had another appointment thursday and they said everything looks good
they came down and Ken fixed Kenny's explorer where it had been overheating and now they have gone to a cookout with some of thir friends
Old 04-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #1486

My son choose Cal Lutheran..., he got a bigger reward from Chapman.....down in Lynn's area.....and it's a great business school...he is going for a business degree..but he just doesn't want to go there....his loan yearly is probably 2 to 3 times more than Steven is going to be, Deb...,,I have no problem with him, living there...but to have half your student loans in housing is ridiculous....He is only half an hour from the school....But whatever....

Deb.hope Kenny feels better...
By the way it's 5:12 and it's 97...
I had channel my inner Chewie as my son has some boys over tomorrow to jam..
Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #1487

oh good grief Melinda 97 UGH! it cooled down a bit here with the rain but the heat is returning and i dread it soo very much
Old 04-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #1488

It seems the year my house feels hotter..I long for the days I was wearing those prison pants
Old 04-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #1489

I HATE ANTS! while the kids were here and i was cooking i had run a sink of dishwater to wash stuff up quick as i worked or just to set them soaking i went in there just now to finish it off and get it cleaned up and AN+TS EVERYWHERE OMG! i hate ants! and i have hated the heat this week and i know i am just going to be a stinky sweaty MESS this summer and i will have burns like diaper rash everywhere AND ANTS of course
Old 04-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #1490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
I HATE ANTS! while the kids were here and i was cooking i had run a sink of dishwater to wash stuff up quick as i worked or just to set them soaking i went in there just now to finish it off and get it cleaned up and AN+TS EVNERYWHERE OMG! i hate ants! and i have hated the heat this week and i know i am just going to be a stinky sweaty MESS this summer and i will have burns like diaper rash everywhere AND ANTS of course
Deb, I so feel you on the ants!! We used to have them. They would gross me out and I would get so angry that they kept recurring no matter what. I am hoping Melinda keeps the heat out there in CA. We are going to have one day of average temps this coming week--the high will be 67, the rest of the days in 40s and 50s. No sign of 80s for a couple of weeks here at least. And I am not in the least bit sad about that! LOL
Old 04-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #1491

It's 8:15 pm and it's 84 outside....284 Inside...then with the kids coming over tomorrow....I gotta wear a bra and dress all day!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #1492

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning peeps. Happy Sunday.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #1493

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Today for my spring cleaning, I am going to do the sunroom windows and blinds. There are 6 big windows and a glass door out to the screen house. Tomorrow I think I'll do that master bath. Once that is complete, my whole downstairs will be deep cleaned.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #1494
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
My son choose Cal Lutheran..., he got a bigger reward from Chapman.....down in Lynn's area.....and it's a great business school...he is going for a business degree..but he just doesn't want to go there....his loan yearly is probably 2 to 3 times more than Steven is going to be, Deb...,,I have no problem with him, living there...but to have half your student loans in housing is ridiculous....He is only half an hour from the school....But whatever....

Deb.hope Kenny feels better...
By the way it's 5:12 and it's 97...
I had channel my inner Chewie as my son has some boys over tomorrow to jam..
Oh wow, yes..we go over to Old Town Orange often...cozy little town...did he visit? I love it there...but, then I don't have to go to school..LOL
Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #1495

Old 04-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #1496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You would think with all the knowledge we have they could come up with something to kill the tiny little ant!!! They must be living in your walls Deb. Have you had a professional come out to see what they can do?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #1497

Sue we couldn't afford even the one time visit and they really didn't want to come out unless we bought the every so often package

i think when we dug up ground for the foundation to the new part of the house we disturbed the biggest nest ever and they have decided it is a great place to live here the heat and wet out there has them come in in droves and goodness all the store remedies and home remeedies just make them stronger it seems i have mutant littl e tiny black ants

before we built on we never had any ants in here

soo catch us up on how Miss Layla is improving! i know her parents are soo relieved having her back hom!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #1498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Layla is doing great now Deb. I can say for sure that the hospital stay didn't take away any of her little fat cheeks!!! LOL

Has anyone or does anyone use the recipe for water where you take water and add lemon slices, cucumber and mint leaves? My son just sent me the most beautiful picture of a big container he has made of it. Looks yummy for a hot summer day.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #1499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda....it is only April and it is already in the high 90's out there???????
Well sit down and have a cold drink!!!! What will it be like in a month or two?!!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #1500

oh sue look at that happy baby smile!!!!:jump joy:
tyrone bill had the best recipe for cucumber water but i fear it is long lost here i can't find it any more i will look for one for you though

Ken just got violently ill from a sudden migraine
he went for YEARS without these and i believe this is the 3rd one he has had since the accident thank goodness i kept the imatrex gah he has gotten cleaned up and i have him in a cool dark room with the fan running hopefully it will kick in and he will sleep soon and feel better
Closed Thread