Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #1441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Melinda, great job on the weight loss! Wowza! Wish I would see my scale budge. It does not wish to cooperate with me.

Some clouds are moving in now. Doesn't look like rain but the sky is no longer all blue. Those darned dandelions are sprouting in my yard again.Soooooooo, I had to put on gloves, get a trash bag, grab the jug of Weed B Gone and go out to try to kill them all. I did this last season and the year before and before...... we have a yard service this year. They put down a preemergent and I was really hoping it would have eliminated the dandelions but sadly, no. Oh, well, I think there might be fewer than last years but I guess I could be psyching myself up to think that.

Sue, have you rested up any? How is dd doing? How bout Layla? Hoping she is definitely on the mend.

I have no idea what to fix for dinner tonight. Frankly, I do not wish to fix anything.Cuz then I have to clean it all up again.

Deb and Melinda so when is graduation?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #1442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
This really cracked me up!!! Yeah, why leave that last part to freezer burn?!That sounds like me when it comes to that dadblamed Blue Bell Ice Cream!!!!! Why does it have to be soooooo good?

Well, I will be praying for you all with the severe weather outbreaks. We really did not get out of the low 50s today and so we are pretty much out of the woods. You guys though...... So glad that baby girl of yours got to come home! Get some well deserved rest and stay safe.
OMG....just wait till this summer when they bring out their choc. peanut butter. I had some last summer. It is real peanut butter in it. Big chunks of it!
I LOVE their Banana Pudding. I swear it taste just like real banana pudding. You can't eat just a bowl of it.

I've been out to DD's baby sitting since yesterday morning and now it is time for some down time!!!!

Time to catch up on the board here also.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #1443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
OMG Lony...don't you just want to kiss those little cheeks!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #1444
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
from 2 pm i don't have internet when i leave the college campus to take Steven back to HS and then we came home and tackled Mount Washmore SIGH but i think everyone has socks now

it has cooled off WHOOHOOO!! i am soo pleased! but going to be freezing tomorrow night this weather is crazy!
and where i had the windows open my 18 pound cat Squeak pushed against the screen and must have been outside since 6 am! poor guy he is the biggest baby and only has one eye he can see out of soo since we got him when he was about 8 weeks old he has not been outside! almost 3 years!Ken thought he was with me and i thought he was with ken so 5 hours outside this morning and we are soo lucky the neighbors dog or something else had not happened to him!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #1445

has lony checked in today??
and Eliza annett mona Linda, Lucky?/ missing everyone
Old 04-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #1446

Old 04-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #1447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Wow, no posts since 11 am??? I came home, had a quick lunch and then headed to a new market up north---about 20 miles. It's sort of like a whole foods---which we don't have. I have been wanting to go for a few months now--since they first opened. I didn't buy a lot---it was pretty pricey but I got a a few things. I got some yummy lobster and shrimp salad on sale for $7.99 a pound. I know that's a lot but it is so delicious. I didn't feel like stopped at any thrift stores today even though I passed them on my way. I just got back. Now have to fold laundry.
Chewie...by chance is it "Sprouts" ? I see where we have one coming to Tulsa.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #1448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was so tired after returning home after 24+ hours of staying with DD helping with the kids that I put Sea Food Sauce on my taco salad tonight instead of taco sauce!!! I didn't even know it until hubs called my attention to it. It was half gone by then so I just went ahead and ate it anyway!! LOL

I am SOOOOOO ready for the weekend.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #1449

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Chewie...by chance is it "Sprouts" ? I see where we have one coming to Tulsa.
No, it's actually called The Fresh Market. Truthfully, I'm not impressed.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #1450

Quote:
I was so tired after returning home after 24+ hours of staying with DD helping with the kids that I put Sea Food Sauce on my taco salad tonight instead of taco sauce!!! I didn't even know it until hubs called my attention to it. It was half gone by then so I just went ahead and ate it anyway!! LOL

I am SOOOOOO ready for the weekend.
It must have tasted ok. LOL
Old 04-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #1451

So dh and I went to happy hour at a local seafood place yesterday--from 4 to 6 pm. They have 1/2 price apps. We got calarmari, oysters rockefellar and escargot. It was so good. Then we came home and made pizzas I got at that market yesterday, frozen but gourmet. They were small but very very good. I had a piece of the white spinach one. Wow, I've never had a frozen pizza like that. Plus they were bogo too so only $6 for 2.

I did 31 minutes on the bike. I forced myself. That seems to be a daily thing. I wonder if I'll ever get to the point of liking and wanting to exercise??????

Where is everyone? It sure is quiet here and not so much fun talking to myself.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #1452

So Lony, what did you buy during your shopping trip????
Old 04-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #1453

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Popping in for a quick good morning! I am going at 9 to watch a friends children while she goes shopping. They are 10, 8 and 4.

Chewie, I bought some new jeans, a light weight sweater, a tank top, three shirts, some new jammies and nail polish. LOL I am a wild woman. It was all on clearance so I did pretty well.

Well ladies, after babysitting I am headed to Sheridan for coffee with another pal. I have not seen her since she got back from DC.

I will try to catch up tonight if I have any energy left. Have a great day!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #1454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I had to take my husband for a cardio follow up yesterday. Before we left, I had to throw away about half of the food in my refrigerator. It is only 3 years old, but the defrost board has gone out. They are supposed to call me with what it will cost to fix it. I am not a happy camper. They manually defrosted it and said it would last about a week. They came while I was gone, so I couldn't ask any questions.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #1455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So dh and I went to happy hour at a local seafood place yesterday--from 4 to 6 pm. They have 1/2 price apps. We got calarmari, oysters rockefellar and escargot. It was so good. Then we came home and made pizzas I got at that market yesterday, frozen but gourmet. They were small but very very good. I had a piece of the white spinach one. Wow, I've never had a frozen pizza like that. Plus they were bogo too so only $6 for 2.

I did 31 minutes on the bike. I forced myself. That seems to be a daily thing. I wonder if I'll ever get to the point of liking and wanting to exercise??????

Where is everyone? It sure is quiet here and not so much fun talking to myself.
Chewie....I have never ate any of the above mentioned items except for the pizza of course!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Popping in for a quick good morning! I am going at 9 to watch a friends children while she goes shopping. They are 10, 8 and 4.

Chewie, I bought some new jeans, a light weight sweater, a tank top, three shirts, some new jammies and nail polish. LOL I am a wild woman. It was all on clearance so I did pretty well.

Well ladies, after babysitting I am headed to Sheridan for coffee with another pal. I have not seen her since she got back from DC.

I will try to catch up tonight if I have any energy left. Have a great day!
Have fun!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #1457

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I had to take my husband for a cardio follow up yesterday. Before we left, I had to throw away about half of the food in my refrigerator. It is only 3 years old, but the defrost board has gone out. They are supposed to call me with what it will cost to fix it. I am not a happy camper. They manually defrosted it and said it would last about a week. They came while I was gone, so I couldn't ask any questions.
Oh no, what a pain in the neck. I hope it's covered under warranty. 3 years and already failing is pitiful. They seem to build things now to fail. It's terrible. I hope you got some good dr results for your dh at least.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #1458

Quote:
Chewie....I have never ate any of the above mentioned items except for the pizza of course!!!
You are so sheltered girl. I guess it's cause we're from the North East. We were very adventurous eaters. My boys have had all of those foods and they are just kids. LOL
Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #1459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning All ��

Whew what a busy stressful week!!!! This week was busy and really hard on me. There were days where I was crying on my way to work and had to get myself put back together in the parking lot. And tues I even started tearing up on my way to my car for lunch. Its just been really rough. I am so stressed about stuff. And oh ya,....gained 5lbs... I am not sure because I am still low carb everything, havenít changed a thing...although my stress-level is at an all-time high I think.
Plus when I saw the pic of the boy holding the Peace sign at Boston Marathon and read that he died.... the tears just started again. Why canít good people just get good karma? Its not fair.

Last month a guy won the lottery who wasnít even a US citizen AND he was a deadbeat father to 5 children - he didnít deserve to win the lottery. I hope the govít steps in and gives the money to the kids.

My fiancť bought his car yesterday...while last night it was the last day to pay my car insurance....so I have none . shhh donít tell anyone else. I can make a payment Tuesday and I emailed them but I havenít heard back. .... Karma paid him a visit though ....his car died on the way home....it was out of some sort of fluid in the engine ....what another hunk-a-junk car. That is what he chose over helping me? nice......well enough of my now.

Looks like I have just over 13 pages of reading to catch up on...here we go:

Kcmama- thanks for suggesting Craigslist. It may be a good idea as I have had no time to prepare anything. I hope youre DD had a wonderful Birthday

Sue- I am so glad Layla is doing better ...that pic of her getting the kiss on her forehead is sooo cute!
A ride in a wagon? LOL! Too cute. I am glad she got to go home!!! And I hope she is doing fantastic!

Deb - So sorry to hear about Kenny. I hope he is doing much better and hopefully he learned a lesson before something more serious happens.

About Kens Dr. You know, I would take everything the Dr say with a grain of salt...they donít know everything and too many times have a met a Dr that appeared to be guessing. Just stay positive, I know its hard. Iím glad he is ok after the outlet incident.

Chewie- Iíve seen Hungry for Change and I liked it... Congratz on the 70 lb weightloss!!! Oh and that George Foreman grill thing - I used to have one and do steaks and chicken breast....works great and is fast because it cooks from both sides.
And for the clothes... would your thrift store let you put the on consignment? Or what I would do is everytime I buy 1 thing, donate 1 thing. Especially if its larger clothing because once its too big I donít ever want to go back...if I don't have bigger clothing, I am forced to make sure I donít gain wt back.
And I hope your DH have a fantastic BD!

Pansies - OMG! How did you get all that for FREE from Samís Club??

Lony - Glad to see your feeling better I am soooo jealous of your snow. We got none out here this Winter and I really miss it. ďDashing though the snowĒ

So prep H? for the tummy, thighs and arms? really? Does it stay that way or do things go back after a while?

What a cute pic of the little ones!

Melinda - that cauliflower/artichoke bake sounds delish! Would you happen to know and approx. carb count?

3/4 cup of butterfinger ice cream...hmm if that were in my house I would have had 3/4 of the carton! LOL Leaving a little because I would feel guilty if I ate it all

Mona - ya, I ended up not buying the heatercore. I needed gas instead for the van. When it comes to couponing - I havenít lately but I gave up on the buying papers & clipping. A sun paper is $2. If I buy multiples that adds up quick. Now if I see a must-have deal I go to ebay and buy a set of 20 of the same coupon for anout $1 to $2 depending on how good the deal is. Saves me time and I donít have tons of newspapers to recycle.

Well I still have 2 more pages to read but my kids are going crazy! I still have the whole house to clean and about another hour worth of homework.

Well Hi, Hello to everyone! Big HUGS... and I hope ya'll have a FANTASTIC Saturday!

>>Annett
Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #1460

I am the energizer bunny today. So far I have folded laundry, put away all the laundry, stripped my bed, washed and dried the sheets. Took down my bedroom curtains, washed and dried them, cleaned the blinds and all the corner webbies. Polished all my bedroom furniture and next is to clean the ceiling fan and do the windows. Then vacuum and replace the sheets and curtains.

I also cleaned my whole laundry room which has big cabinets full of all my baking supplies. I was tired of having to search for all my low carb supplies, so I put them all in plastic containers with labels and vacuumed out the cabinets and organized all of that. I took all my protein shake stuff and put that all together. Then I took my flavored sf syrups(I have 16 flavors!!!!) and put them on the back of the counter to be used. I also have a small cabinet in my kitchen that I keep more frequent baking stuff and I organized that too. Then I started onto the deep corner upper cabinets and appliance garage. ACCCKKKK!!! One thing just kind of led to another. Then since I was doing that, I went to the lower cabinet and organized that too. I really need to do my spices but that is going to have to be another day.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #1461

Oh I also emptied the dishwasher, did all the leftover dishes and cleaned the frig. Plus I cooked up eggs and sausage for breakfast. It was good.

I am starting to peeter out. I need to get off my butt right now or I might not. LOL
Old 04-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #1462
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
My husband is fine. It was a checkup from when he had a stint put in last September. They called that it will cost $300 to fix my fridge. It is only 3 years old, so I guess I have to fix it. Sure frosts me.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #1463

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
My husband is fine. It was a checkup from when he had a stint put in last September. They called that it will cost $300 to fix my fridge. It is only 3 years old, so I guess I have to fix it. Sure frosts me.
That is totally wrong.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #1464

Hi I'm back. Dh helped me clean the bedroom ceiling fan. I'm short so he basically did it and then handed me the glass light covers to wash. So now my bedroom is spring cleaned. I also was able to put all my kitchen stuff back---I had dh spray one of my lower cabinets cause I saw some moths in there. I vacuumed it out and everything is back. I also have water bubbling in the micro to clean that next. Plus I want to do the counters and stovetop.

The boys and dh are now opening the pool. The cover is off and ds18 is skimming. It looks pretty good--not even green this year. I guess that algaecide helped a lot.

I still don't even know what's for family dinner tomorrow. I mentioned just doing a taco bar and that's what we might just do. I can have salad, shells and all the fixins and let everyone help themselves. Plus it's always good to have leftover taco meat. I'm not fussing too much since it's "spring cleaning" time.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #1465

Melinda--I'm sorry you're stressed. That is so unhealthy. Try to calm yourself and treat yourself well. Have a nice iced coffee and relax. Listen to some of your fav music and try and keep calm. Stress increases our cortizol and that is super bad for us in so many ways, especially weight loss. It basically can stop due to stress. Hope that doesn't happen for you.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #1466

Annett--sorry about your stress too. Money problems are the worst. I hope things work out for you. You, too, need to do some nice things for yourself to help calm down. Iced tea, hot tea, a bubble bath---reading, whatever is your pleasure.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #1467

YUMM---I am having my secret pleasure right now. Guess what it is????? It's egg drop soup. I fell in love with it when I had my wls and now I get one at least once a week. I'm really glad it's only $1.50. It makes me happy. Simple pleasures!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #1468

Now I have my dog's zippered bed cover in the washer. I should sleep well tonight(no dust plus exhaustion)
Old 04-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #1469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Melinda! WHY!!?!?!??!?!?

You don't HAVE TO do anything! Especially if it stresses you out that badly!
Perhaps he will need to just go the Community college route.

I don't have good credit but I still got the student loans approved. The trick was to go through studentloans.gov not the Sallie Mae website. Of course he needs to keep his grades up to keep the loans and grants but its possible.
If he still lives at home (?) he may have not gotten approved because he is at home and your income counts?

I don't know - I think if my daughter were to go to school, I couldn't risk signing the loan if it puts my livelihood at risk. I love her. She would always be welcome home...but what if something happens and to pay her debt I would not have a home?
Too scary. I would make her take the CC route. Not only is it less expensive which = less debt, but would also teach her that life isn't always that easy and that you have to earn what you want in life.

Maybe that's harsh? IDK? But I still have 6-7 years before I get there with my eldest.

I know just that kind of stress is bad all the way around. I have a brother who lived at home til age 28 because he said that "renting was a waste of money" and when he moved out he wanted to buy a place to live. My parents almost co-signed a loan for him but instead because she was getting sooo stressed over the whole loan thing, they told him he needed to stand on his own 2 ft and either a) get over it and rent a place or b) find a home he can buy on his own. And he did. And my Mom feels a lot better because she doesn't have that constant stress of "what if he misses a payment" hanging over her. What she said kind of stuck with me: "Kids can always come home if things don't work out. But if there is no home to come home to...what then?"

Anyway - do whats best for you and your family. These are just my thoughts and ideas
Old 04-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #1470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Melinda! WHY!!?!?!??!?!?

You don't HAVE TO do anything! Especially if it stresses you out that badly!
Perhaps he will need to just go the Community college route.

I don't have good credit but I still got the student loans approved. The trick was to go through studentloans.gov not the Sallie Mae website. Of course he needs to keep his grades up to keep the loans and grants but its possible.
If he still lives at home (?) he may have not gotten approved because he is at home and your income counts?

I don't know - I think if my daughter were to go to school, I couldn't risk signing the loan if it puts my livelihood at risk. I love her. She would always be welcome home...but what if something happens and to pay her debt I would not have a home?
Too scary. I would make her take the CC route. Not only is it less expensive which = less debt, but would also teach her that life isn't always that easy and that you have to earn what you want in life.

Maybe that's harsh? IDK? But I still have 6-7 years before I get there with my eldest.

I know just that kind of stress is bad all the way around. I have a brother who lived at home til age 28 because he said that "renting was a waste of money" and when he moved out he wanted to buy a place to live. My parents almost co-signed a loan for him but instead because she was getting sooo stressed over the whole loan thing, they told him he needed to stand on his own 2 ft and either a) get over it and rent a place or b) find a home he can buy on his own. And he did. And my Mom feels a lot better because she doesn't have that constant stress of "what if he misses a payment" hanging over her. What she said kind of stuck with me: "Kids can always come home if things don't work out. But if there is no home to come home to...what then?"

Anyway - do whats best for you and your family. These are just my thoughts and ideas
Melinda...be sure and check in with the student loan as Annett mentions above. There has to be a better way of him going to school instead of you co signing. NOW go do as Chewie suggested. Go make yourself a nice cold drink, kick back with some music, put a cool rag on your head and have a little Melinda time. If needed, dr. Sue here also says it is ok to have a small cup of your favorite cold ice cream also!!!!

Annett....I'm sorry this has been a stressful week. I give you the same advice as for Melinda above. Have a little Annett time!!! That is what I am doing today also.
Closed Thread