Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #1291
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I am back from my last mom's group mtg and luncheon. This afternoon's track meet has been cancelled due to the wet conditions. They had still planned to have practice though so I emailed the coaches and said my daughter would not be at practice today. I would have had to pick her up and rush her to her long night of dance from 4:30-9:30 and I did not want to take the chance that they would practice outside in the rain. Then she would have had to go to dance wet! Anyhow, she said they just would have done boring videos and some ab work if the coaches were looking.....essentially a waste of time. Glad I got her as she can eat and relax before dance. They are still forecasting severe weather for us. We are under a tornado watch until 10:00 which seems so odd given that it is in the 50s. It really has not rained as much today but supposedly we could have hail and more likely the flash flooding. Lony, you must be going crazy with snow! Or did most of the system pass you by?
Maybe just a little We are getting snow, lots and lots of snow.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #1292

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
CONFESSION...I had about 3/4 cup of butterfingers ice cream....
Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #1293

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
They have bridges in CA?...oh yeah...in San Fran..lol

Yes..my boyfriend is my savior......not that there weren't some VERY rocky moments.
Haven't we all....but your worth it..,
Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #1294
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
You're human..
Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #1295
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Melinda, I would have had 3 or 4 cups, You did good!!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #1296

I figured it was dinner.. LOL. It was a vegetable!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #1297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I just saw a report on our local news showing all the snow north and west of us. They mentioned Cheyenne, WY. Hang tough! Surely this is the last big "hurrah" from old man winter, right?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #1298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Melinda, I would have had 3 or 4 cups, You did good!!
Lucky, is your SIL employed as a truck driver again? Is he with a different company now?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #1299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
what do you have for a screen saver? Scenes from warmer climates? Bali beach scenes? Tropical rain forests? You need something like that to stare at. LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #1300

Quote:
I would have eaten 3/4 of a gallon!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #1301

Unfortunately my son has my ice cream loving gene...which is kind of cool...keeps me in check.....and I do no damage....otherwise I would have eaten it out of the carton....with the first utensil I grab!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #1302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
I fixed blackened salmon, roasted brussels sprouts, Asian cole slaw, and an alfredo pasta for dinner. Dessert was pineapple upside down cake. All for oldest's birthday dinner. It was yummy. Of course, I ended up making two pineapple upside down desserts. The first one was individual ones in muffin tins. I really messedup that recipe. It tasted good but was not worth the effort. Then ds came home and ate 4 of the 8! They were requested by his sister for her birthday. I wanted to shoot him for a bit. LOL Anyhow, had to make a second batch and just made it in a bigger pan. I liked that version much better!!!
KC - tell me how you roast your sprouts, and do you put a sauce on them? Also - how about sharing your Asian cole slaw recipe. I make slaw a lot it seems - need a few more recipes - just to mix it up once in a while. That p/a upside down dessert sounds so doggone good - haven't had that in ages. So cute your oldest wore her tutu at work - having fun with it - good for her.

Linda
Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #1303
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Morning everybody! Another slow day at work means I finally got caught up with the thread!

Deb so sorry to hear about Kenny's high BP scare...I hope he got scared straight and will now take his BP meds! I also agree that it was dumb of Ashley to quit her job right as FREE health benefits were about to kick in. I work for a health care organization and we don't even have free health care! The best we can get is 80% on the most common stuff. But like for my WLS I had to pay half out of pocket.

Melinda great job on getting that vacation weight off! I know you are impatient and you want 100 pounds gone NOW....but you just stick with it girly.

Chewie we are dying to see some before and after pictures of your amazing transformation. nudge nudge wink wink. No pressure though, if you don't wanna.

Annett good luck finding a way to pay for school. Where there is a will, there is a way! How important is that heater core for your car? Spring is here and not much cold weather (should) be left here in Oregon. Anyway you can do without and put that money towards your school bills? I have been crapping out on doing couponing lately. It's just so much effort buying the newspapers every week and cutting/sorting the coupons. Like everything else in my life I find I start obsessing over it. The past month or so I've just been buying only stuff I really need at the cheapest store (the dreaded Winco Foods).

Sue I'm glad to hear that Layla is doing better!

Deb how awesome that Steven gets to go to an awards dinner.

KCMama congrats to your daughter being a dancing queen. Super exciting about the high scores and awards. You sound so busy! So does Chewie. I don't know how you gals do it.

Hey Lynn! My DH is only 6 years younger than me. Tee Hee!

Linda how are you doing? Any closer to home ownership?

Eliza it sounds like you barely have time to pop in anymore. Work and the commute must be running you ragged.

I had to force myself to stop reading the news about the Boston terror attack. It's like with 911...I will just sit there watching the same horrible news for hours and it takes a physical toll on me. I just start feeling so depressed.

Well today is my "friday" so I have 3 days off after I get off work this morning. I can't wait. It's been so boring today and it makes the night drag on forever!
Mona - good to see you posting - you've been missed........on the house - after 6 months they've decided they want another appraisal............sure - why not - now that houses are starting back up...........I hate banks..........did I ever mention that? I HATE BANKS AND BANKERS.....if they would just do their jobs correctly, none of this would have ever happened...........I'd still like to know - if they were all in such bad shape financially - just how did they recover so quickly............sorry - that just slipped out..........so frustrating.........

Mona - don't let that send you running back to your games now..........I'm done - I'll be nice and quiet.

Linda
Old 04-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #1304

Quote:
Unfortunately my son has my ice cream loving gene...which is kind of cool...keeps me in check.....and I do no damage....otherwise I would have eaten it out of the carton....with the first utensil I grab!
I can see you trying to eat ice cream with a spaghetti fork!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #1305

Quote:
I can see you trying to eat ice cream with a spaghetti fork!
I have used the lid
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #1306
Major LCF Poster!

Went back to the eye doc today............they weren't supposed to dilate my eyes - so she couldn't get an accurate read on the new glasses. she says my prescription glasses are wrong..........but - retina is good - no tears, rips or holes. Wants me to use 'tears' drops 4-6 times a day for this week and come back in next thursday for her to have another look. Says it's possible there is a wrinkle developing and will need to be zapped with laser......

I hate eye drops...................and banks.............did I ever mention that. Poor dh - it's a real trial getting those drops in......

You know - with the bombings in Boston being televised 24/7, I was to the point - I just could not watch anymore of it. It's almost paralyzing to just sit and watch it over and over and over............the sadness, the horror or some demented person wanting to harm innocent people just out having a good time..........really scares me for this old world of ours.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #1307
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda - sorry you're ds is giving you fits about college money. I'm with Lynn on this one too - co-signing for that kind of money is so scary. To put your house on the line - well - in this economy, no wonder you're pulling your hair out over his not seeing the full picture. My boys went to the community college - one doing mechanics the other computers. One is a cop - the other is a mechanic - most of his training came from the special classes he took when he started working in a high end garage. I will say the my policeman puts all his knowledge of computers and mechanical abilities to good use in his job too. No way could we afford the kind of money they wanted for college/universities.
Hang in there - just have to keep telling him the way the world is and hope he finally understands this is the real world and he has to make some adjustments. Being a parent is hard work.........hugs, LInda
Old 04-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #1308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Linda......good news on not having any rips or holes!!! Suck it up and use those awful drops!!!LOL Just be really thankful you have no tears in your retina.

Lony...I would have ate the whole gallon. Why waste the 1/4 that would be left? I may have even crushed up some Butterfinger candy bars to add to it.
kcmama.....tornado watch for us tonight also. Stay safe!

Good night to all. I am heading to bed. Leaving early in the morning for DD's to spend the night while her hubs is out of town tomorrow night.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #1309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Anybody just hear Candice Glover do that rendition of the Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston song?! It was sooooo beautiful as was Angie's version of The Pretenders tonight. I think I am going to have to get both of them from iTunes!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #1310

Thanks Linda..I am going over the edge..,,use tbe drops!

KCmom...it's only 6:21 here.,,,so it's not on...I love Candace. She is my fave
Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #1311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Went back to the eye doc today............they weren't supposed to dilate my eyes - so she couldn't get an accurate read on the new glasses. she says my prescription glasses are wrong..........but - retina is good - no tears, rips or holes. Wants me to use 'tears' drops 4-6 times a day for this week and come back in next thursday for her to have another look. Says it's possible there is a wrinkle developing and will need to be zapped with laser......

I hate eye drops...................and banks.............did I ever mention that. Poor dh - it's a real trial getting those drops in......

You know - with the bombings in Boston being televised 24/7, I was to the point - I just could not watch anymore of it. It's almost paralyzing to just sit and watch it over and over and over............the sadness, the horror or some demented person wanting to harm innocent people just out having a good time..........really scares me for this old world of ours.
No, Pansies. I don't think you have ever really said. How do you feel about banks and eye drops? Don't hold back now.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #1312

Give me an earthquake. .,keep your Tornados
Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #1313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Linda..I am going over the edge..,,use tbe drops!

KCmom...it's only 6:21 here.,,,so it's not on...I love Candace. She is my fave
The song I am referring to with Candice is her 2nd song and Angie's is her 1st song. Angie hasn't done her second song yet.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #1314

Linda I do understand the sadness to the Bombing. I have had to turn the channel....I am addicted to the Jody Arias trial....
Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #1315

Quote:
The song I am referring to with Candice is her 2nd song and Angie's is her 1st song. Angie hasn't done her second song yet.
I definitely will be watching
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #1316

Linda I have a burning question for you:

What exactly are your views on banks, bankers and eyedrops?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #1317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Linda......good news on not having any rips or holes!!! Suck it up and use those awful drops!!!LOL Just be really thankful you have no tears in your retina.

Lony...I would have ate the whole gallon. Why waste the 1/4 that would be left? I may have even crushed up some Butterfinger candy bars to add to it.
kcmama.....tornado watch for us tonight also. Stay safe!

Good night to all. I am heading to bed. Leaving early in the morning for DD's to spend the night while her hubs is out of town tomorrow night.
This really cracked me up!!! Yeah, why leave that last part to freezer burn?!That sounds like me when it comes to that dadblamed Blue Bell Ice Cream!!!!! Why does it have to be soooooo good?

Well, I will be praying for you all with the severe weather outbreaks. We really did not get out of the low 50s today and so we are pretty much out of the woods. You guys though...... So glad that baby girl of yours got to come home! Get some well deserved rest and stay safe.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #1318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chewie, Happy Birthday to your dh! Hope you are both having a wonderful night to celebrate!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #1319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pansies, sorry about the house and banking situation. Are you locked in with this house? I mean, since they want another appraisal can you change your mind and walk away without losing anything? What happens if the appraisal now comes back higher? How did your offer line up with the first appraisal anyway was it under, over, close?

Have you noticed any improvement with all those floaters in your vision? I know someone else had suggested a second opinion. Might not be a bad idea.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #1320

Closed Thread