Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So peeps, what's for dinner?

I'm making smothered chicken fried steaks with mushrooms & gravy, cheese rounds, green beans and some kind of dessert. It is dh's bd afterall.
ooh thta sounds sooo good! IDK something cool lol but it has rained some soo cooled down a bit if it doesn't get hotter after ti stops i will be good! maybe tacos if it stays a bit cool

internet out at the house so posting until 2 from the college parking lot and then might not be able to get back on at home

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #1262

HOWDY MELINDA!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #1263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Chewie....the chicken fry sounds so yummy!!!!!! I think I will head over to Arkansas for dinner tonight! Yum!!
I think we are in for some bad storms this evening or night. It is going to be warm and humid here today. Yuck!

When an adult leaves the hospital you ride in a wheel chair. Look at what little ones leave in!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Old 04-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #1264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Sue, that is such a cute picture.

It was supposed to be 80 here, so I dressed accordingly. It is 48 right now. We are under a tornado watch. I work in a very old building. If we have a tornado watch, tell someone to look for me under my desk. LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #1265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Chewie....the chicken fry sounds so yummy!!!!!! I think I will head over to Arkansas for dinner tonight! Yum!!
I think we are in for some bad storms this evening or night. It is going to be warm and humid here today. Yuck!

When an adult leaves the hospital you ride in a wheel chair. Look at what little ones leave in!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

ooh that is such good news!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #1266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
You probably don't want to know...lol.. hot buckwheat cereal with ground flaxseed, raw sesame seeds, and goji berries thrown in...
Yum, this sounds good to me, but I would have to have some kind of sweetener thrown in for my sweet tooth.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #1267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
My oldest was 9lb 14 oz and youngest was 9lb 2 oz. They were both at least 3 weeks overdue. My oldest would hold his head and look over the side of the bassinet while he was still in the hospital.
Ok, you should definitely be receiving flowers from them on their birthdays!Amazing you could ever walk again!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #1268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, speaking of flowers......when I got up this morning there was a vase filled with beautiful red roses and baby's breath on the table beside the flowers oldest gave me yesterday. I knew they must have been from her beau as a gift to her for her birthday yesterday, but I teased her and said, "Well, how nice of your beau to get your mother flowers too to honor her for having you." She cracked up and said, "Yeah, I know, right?". So she texted him later and told him what I had said. I like folks with a sense of humor. I have never met him as I have never really been here when he has come in on occasion, my husband and son have met him, not me. So anyhow, he replied, "whew, cuz it is really a hit or miss situation when buying flowers for someone you have never met before! Glad I got it right." I think I might like him, besides the fact that he is an Accountant and got her a six month subscription to The Economist!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #1269

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Lony, go roll in the snow to get that blood cooled off.
Melinda, has your son been applying for scholarships every day? It was almost a full time job when my daughter was in school. But it paid off. Have him get to not only his college of first choice, but also to others to see what they have to offer. Then he can take the best offers. Sometimes they still have some to offer because other students have turned them down.
Seriously sonny boy and I got into the biggest fight last night...because one of his weaknesses is he thinks he knows it all..and no one else is ever right.. just like I told him since Feb you need to go to the college and talk to the finance people.. but Mom was wrong.. and yesterday the high school counselor says oh no you have to talk to the college finance office...and see if they can provide more funding..fat chance now with a 2 week deadline...he has this whim, this hair up his ass, excuse the language and he hears nothing else, because he thinks I am trying to kill his dream...and I am so afraid we are going to be co signers.. and the only thing we have is this house.. so I am a bit in a horrendous mood.. and that's why i do feel like Lony.. especially out here..everyone gets help, but my boy needs a little push to get into this college financially. he has the grades and the activities, we can't...but it's like an uphill climb..I know for millions of other families as well.. not just us..
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Oh, speaking of flowers......when I got up this morning there was a vase filled with beautiful red roses and baby's breath on the table beside the flowers oldest gave me yesterday. I knew they must have been from her beau as a gift to her for her birthday yesterday, but I teased her and said, "Well, how nice of your beau to get your mother flowers too to honor her for having you." She cracked up and said, "Yeah, I know, right?". So she texted him later and told him what I had said. I like folks with a sense of humor. I have never met him as I have never really been here when he has come in on occasion, my husband and son have met him, not me. So anyhow, he replied, "whew, cuz it is really a hit or miss situation when buying flowers for someone you have never met before! Glad I got it right." I think I might like him, besides the fact that he is an Accountant and got her a six month subscription to The Economist!
Boy sounds like a catch!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #1271

Look at Baby Lony!!! LOL how cute!!!! OMG!!!! LOL!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
HOWDY MELINDA!
Heya Deb...

I am about to go and fix my Leptin Reset breakfast....I am just a big ball of agitation.. so I need to watch my emotional eating.. nothing like meaty grease to do the trick..
Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #1273

ok off to make my bacon and eggs...
Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #1274

Say there has been an arrest made in the Boston bombing.. wonder what monster it was...
Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #1275
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
well, realistically..he doesn't have to go to college now...he could get a job...save his money since he is living at home...take courses online...go to a Community College at night...he can then transfer his credits to wherever he ends up going...do you know how many kids I know that went through all the crap to go to college..and either flunked or dropped out...college is drummed into their heads from day one...and parents heads...the kid is born and they tell you start saving for college now...they don't mention that every penny you mange to save or invest you will automatically have to use towards their education before they will give you anything...oh dear..I could go on and on...as I have said...DD finished her first year only because I insisted on it...she hated it..and she had gotten a 9G scholarship...nevermind it cost $22..so she was finishing by hook or freaking crook...then she goes to bartending school...then she works for 4 years here and there...then she goes to work for a temp agency...then another company in the same building hires her...now she works for a huge company...proved herself on the job and nothing she would have learned as a Liberal Arts major would have made a darn bit of difference...

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #1276

Lynn I have talked to my son until I was blue in my face..,..told him all of that for years now.....I happen to have a kid who thinks he knows it all....ears closed mind closed to his parents.,, ,the your wrong syndrome..I would have never thought this process could be the life of me.,.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #1277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Lony, my SIL called and they have shut I 80 down in NE. He said he heard there was 17" in Laramie.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #1278

Lonykins.. I did my 30 minutes of walking.. and since April 1st have lost 19.4 pounds....think I will hit 100 by May 1st????
Old 04-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #1279
Big Yapper!!!!

I know you think it's a drop in the bucket..but, I am so very proud of you...just let me be proud.. You body is going to show the results of it...your knees especially..
Old 04-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #1280

Thanks Lynn..I have been really working hard since April 1st....I appreciate it...

You know in looking at your gorgeous AV..my son's hair is a little longer and just as curly as yours...am I blind?? or is your hair curley???
Old 04-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #1281
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Thanks Lynn..I have been really working hard since April 1st....I appreciate it...

You know in looking at your gorgeous AV..my son's hair is a little longer and just as curly as yours...am I blind?? or is your hair curley???
It's wavy if I just let it dry naturally...if I brush it after I wash it...it's as straight as a string..
Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #1282

My boy's hair is naturally wavy and curly and its funny to watch him.. because he will wash his hair and start smooshing it and crunching it like a girl!!! LOL..fuffing it up....when I am driving him to school.. he will bend over and swing it and smoosh....LOL...but he is cutting it soon.. I am sad...we are hippie dippies.. I said you can't buzz cut.. my hub's hair is probably as long as yours....
Old 04-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #1283
Big Yapper!!!!

Scrunching is my middle name...my kids went through so many hair things I lost count...only one I hated was the dreaded mohawk..LOL

Is it his decision to cut it? I have had long hair forever...there is always someone telling me to cut it...drives me nuts..people run out of beauty parlors and ask if I want it cut..LOL...umm...no...to me it is me...although, it is alot of work to keep it healthy.

It is going to be a huge change for him...and you..but, one thing about hair, Melinda...it always grows back..
Old 04-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #1284
Big Yapper!!!!

I remember my son said to me YEARS ago...when your hair turns grey are you going to have long grey hair?...lol...well, here I am old..and I guess yes. Thankfully the sun keeps it blonder looking. My Dad..who is going to be 99 next month...has a head full of pure white hair. I am going to see him actually...thanks to DBF who is planning another trip back to FL. My Dad's girlfriend.....told me last time I talked to her that he is getting weaker..so, I think I had better go. When we went last year...as we left he said..."don't wait another 15 years to come again"...
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #1285

Yes it is his decision.. and as I have said. I am proud he didn't cut it last fall.. we needed to be 10 inches to donate to Locks of Love..but I don't harp on it.. just to myself.. I say OMG NO.. but it's his hair...all the girls at school.. want to touch his hair.... we have always believed hubs and I.. in individuality.. which is why the buzz cut, is so against what we believe in!!! LOL!!

Your hair is gorgeous....
Old 04-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #1286

I am glad your going to see your pops, you have a keeper of a boyfriend!...my mom had a nice head of hair.. it was never totally grey.. it was black and grey.. she had also had nice legs...LOL...
Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #1287

Well it's bagel bacon Wed so I better get that together before hubs comes in...if I am not back it's because I have jumped off a bridge after listening to what they did to him today...
Old 04-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #1288
Big Yapper!!!!

They have bridges in CA?...oh yeah...in San Fran..lol

Yes..my boyfriend is my savior......not that there weren't some VERY rocky moments.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #1289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
well, realistically..he doesn't have to go to college now...he could get a job...save his money since he is living at home...take courses online...go to a Community College at night...he can then transfer his credits to wherever he ends up going...do you know how many kids I know that went through all the crap to go to college..and either flunked or dropped out...college is drummed into their heads from day one...and parents heads...the kid is born and they tell you start saving for college now...they don't mention that every penny you mange to save or invest you will automatically have to use towards their education before they will give you anything...oh dear..I could go on and on...as I have said...DD finished her first year only because I insisted on it...she hated it..and she had gotten a 9G scholarship...nevermind it cost $22..so she was finishing by hook or freaking crook...then she goes to bartending school...then she works for 4 years here and there...then she goes to work for a temp agency...then another company in the same building hires her...now she works for a huge company...proved herself on the job and nothing she would have learned as a Liberal Arts major would have made a darn bit of difference...
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #1290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am back from my last mom's group mtg and luncheon. This afternoon's track meet has been cancelled due to the wet conditions. They had still planned to have practice though so I emailed the coaches and said my daughter would not be at practice today. I would have had to pick her up and rush her to her long night of dance from 4:30-9:30 and I did not want to take the chance that they would practice outside in the rain. Then she would have had to go to dance wet! Anyhow, she said they just would have done boring videos and some ab work if the coaches were looking.....essentially a waste of time. Glad I got her as she can eat and relax before dance. They are still forecasting severe weather for us. We are under a tornado watch until 10:00 which seems so odd given that it is in the 50s. It really has not rained as much today but supposedly we could have hail and more likely the flash flooding. Lony, you must be going crazy with snow! Or did most of the system pass you by?

Last edited by kcmama; 04-17-2013 at 02:02 PM..
Closed Thread