Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #1231
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
9 lbs?!!!!! Why, I just don't know what to say to that!
9 pounds 3 oz to be exact with shoulders like a line backer!

No wonder my 7 lb sister pretty much just walked out!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #1232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Morning everybody! Another slow day at work means I finally got caught up with the thread!

Deb so sorry to hear about Kenny's high BP scare...I hope he got scared straight and will now take his BP meds! I also agree that it was dumb of Ashley to quit her job right as FREE health benefits were about to kick in. I work for a health care organization and we don't even have free health care! The best we can get is 80% on the most common stuff. But like for my WLS I had to pay half out of pocket.

Melinda great job on getting that vacation weight off! I know you are impatient and you want 100 pounds gone NOW....but you just stick with it girly.

Chewie we are dying to see some before and after pictures of your amazing transformation. nudge nudge wink wink. No pressure though, if you don't wanna.

Annett good luck finding a way to pay for school. Where there is a will, there is a way! How important is that heater core for your car? Spring is here and not much cold weather (should) be left here in Oregon. Anyway you can do without and put that money towards your school bills? I have been crapping out on doing couponing lately. It's just so much effort buying the newspapers every week and cutting/sorting the coupons. Like everything else in my life I find I start obsessing over it. The past month or so I've just been buying only stuff I really need at the cheapest store (the dreaded Winco Foods).

Sue I'm glad to hear that Layla is doing better!

Deb how awesome that Steven gets to go to an awards dinner.

KCMama congrats to your daughter being a dancing queen. Super exciting about the high scores and awards. You sound so busy! So does Chewie. I don't know how you gals do it.

Hey Lynn! My DH is only 6 years younger than me. Tee Hee!

Linda how are you doing? Any closer to home ownership?

Eliza it sounds like you barely have time to pop in anymore. Work and the commute must be running you ragged.

I had to force myself to stop reading the news about the Boston terror attack. It's like with 911...I will just sit there watching the same horrible news for hours and it takes a physical toll on me. I just start feeling so depressed.

Well today is my "friday" so I have 3 days off after I get off work this morning. I can't wait. It's been so boring today and it makes the night drag on forever!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #1233

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
I fixed blackened salmon, roasted brussels sprouts, Asian cole slaw, and an alfredo pasta for dinner. Dessert was pineapple upside down cake. All for oldest's birthday dinner. It was yummy. Of course, I ended up making two pineapple upside down desserts. The first one was individual ones in muffin tins. I really messedup that recipe. It tasted good but was not worth the effort. Then ds came home and ate 4 of the 8! They were requested by his sister for her birthday. I wanted to shoot him for a bit. LOL Anyhow, had to make a second batch and just made it in a bigger pan. I liked that version much better!!!
oh everything sounds soo good! and thanks for the reminder about coleslaw easy to amke and COLD!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #1234

good morning all good grief it is STILL 76 degrees here in the house
last night upstairs was STIFLING i had 3 fans aimed toward the bed and the ceiling fan going

got 23 oz of water in already!

Old 04-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Deb, get out the crock pot. I cook in it a lot and it keeps the heat down.
thanks Lucky! looking to see if something looks EASY to do in it LOL

i hope you are feeling better
Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #1236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
9 pounds 3 oz to be exact with shoulders like a line backer!

No wonder my 7 lb sister pretty much just walked out!
that is what i said about Kenny his shoulders were way worse than his head and 42 hours of labor! he was 8lb 3 oz though a full pound smaller than you! and hey i guess Steven walked out too 2 hours labor 7 and a half pounds(and 2 inches taller than kenny too) LOL didn't FEEL like a nice walk though

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-17-2013 at 06:40 AM..
Old 04-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #1237

GOOD MORNIN G MONA! i am soo glad to see you checking in again
kenny had to leave work yesterday AGAIN because of his BP whatever they gave him at the hospital must not be working and he couldn't remember what he was on before! what is wrong with my kids BUT none of my suggestions were good enough i told him to get a print out from the pharmacy and it would have everything on it but i KNOW it was the same one his dad was on lisinopril and HCTZ but i don't know what his mg were i told him he should have told them that! gah how can my smart kid be soo dumb?
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #1238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
My oldest was 9lb 14 oz and youngest was 9lb 2 oz. They were both at least 3 weeks overdue. My oldest would hold his head and look over the side of the bassinet while he was still in the hospital.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #1239

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning peeps. I am tired today. Today is dh's bd!!! Supposed to get storms tonight and get colder too.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #1240

Quote:
Thanks, Linda! You are so nice. So, since you enjoy hearing things, today my oldest daughter brought me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, yello sweetheart roses, pink and red gerbera daisies and greenery. The attached card read "It's a Girl. Congratulations on 22 years of Motherhood!" I gave her a big hug! She has a good memory. I think it was last year after slaving away for one of their birthdays when I had made a comment about the fact that we celebrate birthdays backwards==the one who went through all the birth stuff should get something too! LOL She looked cute in her outfit today. All of the customers and fellow employees got a real kick out of her rhinestoned tutu she wore to work today with her tiara.

Her boyfriend came and picked her up to take her out for a drink and he is up to something. Today is also the One Month Anniversary of their dating history. She also bought him flowers!!!
Awwwww, that's so sweet. I took my mom roses on one of my bd's too. She wasn't a flower person but she loved the thought.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
good morning all good grief it is STILL 76 degrees here in the house
last night upstairs was STIFLING i had 3 fans aimed toward the bed and the ceiling fan going

got 23 oz of water in already!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #1242

Quote:
My oldest was 9lb 14 oz and youngest was 9lb 2 oz. They were both at least 3 weeks overdue. My oldest would hold his head and look over the side of the bassinet while he was still in the hospital.
Wow!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #1243

Quote:
wowza!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #1244

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning peeps. I am tired today. Today is dh's bd!!! Supposed to get storms tonight and get colder too.
SEND ME SOME COOL!!
to your DH i hope you both have a great day!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #1245

got another 16 oz in! soo that is 39? i think
Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #1246
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
I fixed blackened salmon, roasted brussels sprouts, Asian cole slaw, and an alfredo pasta for dinner. Dessert was pineapple upside down cake. All for oldest's birthday dinner. It was yummy. Of course, I ended up making two pineapple upside down desserts. The first one was individual ones in muffin tins. I really messedup that recipe. It tasted good but was not worth the effort. Then ds came home and ate 4 of the 8! They were requested by his sister for her birthday. I wanted to shoot him for a bit. LOL Anyhow, had to make a second batch and just made it in a bigger pan. I liked that version much better!!!
Sounds yummy....has anyone noticed all of a sudden there are roasted brussel sprouts as a side in many restaurants...last ones I had there were with tiny bits of proscuitto and onion mixed in...so good. First I noticed mac and cheese popping up everywhere...served so many ways.baked fresh it seems and served hot in a little pan of some sort....then toasted cheese sandwiches and tomato soup...big meatballs are popping up everywhere too.....I wonder what get these things started..especially something like brussel sprouts.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #1247
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks, Linda! You are so nice. So, since you enjoy hearing things, today my oldest daughter brought me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, yello sweetheart roses, pink and red gerbera daisies and greenery. The attached card read "It's a Girl. Congratulations on 22 years of Motherhood!" I gave her a big hug! She has a good memory. I think it was last year after slaving away for one of their birthdays when I had made a comment about the fact that we celebrate birthdays backwards==the one who went through all the birth stuff should get something too! LOL She looked cute in her outfit today. All of the customers and fellow employees got a real kick out of her rhinestoned tutu she wore to work today with her tiara.

Her boyfriend came and picked her up to take her out for a drink and he is up to something. Today is also the One Month Anniversary of their dating history. She also bought him flowers!!!
You should be a very proud Mommy...your daughter sounds adorable and full of fun...congratulations to BOTH of you...
Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #1248

I am not doing good on my water today. I only have 20 oz in so far. Just don't feel like drinking it. I want hot coffee. I only had 1 cup and I need/want more.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #1249
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
9 lbs?!!!!! Why, I just don't know what to say to that!
Ouch would be good...
Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #1250
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That's pretty funny......sounds like something that would happen in a movie...

My neighbor...a tiny little thing...just had a baby...9 lbs. 12 oz....baby number 3 and all under 5..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #1251

Good morning Snowflakes! Six inches of snow last night And it is still snowing. I guess it will quit some time right...I mean it has to.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #1252
Major LCF Poster!

Stay safe and warm, Lony. At least you have wi-fi and won't have to send out smoke signals if you are buried in the snow.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #1253

Quote:
Stay safe and warm, Lony. At least you have wi-fi and won't have to send out smoke signals if you are buried in the snow.
Amen to that sweetie!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #1254
Big Yapper!!!!

I am not going to mention the perfect weather here..nope...will not do it... Snow was my deciding factor in moving actually...I woke up one April morning and we had more snow...3 weeks later I was in CA. I know you are familiar with the weather out here Lony...but, CA is a big state and some areas are nicer than others weatherwise...this bee is funny...
Old 04-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #1255

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I am not doing good on my water today. I only have 20 oz in so far. Just don't feel like drinking it. I want hot coffee. I only had 1 cup and I need/want more.
are you getting sick??
Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #1256

LOL Lynn, there were more factors than the weather that made me want to leave California and never return. As we all know I tend to lean more towards the opposite direction of most Californians. I will happily put up with the snow to be able to live the lifestyle I prefer.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
are you getting sick??
I sure hope not. I seem to be cold a lot more now with the weight loss. Dh is happy about it. LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #1258

So peeps, what's for dinner?

I'm making smothered chicken fried steaks with mushrooms & gravy, cheese rounds, green beans and some kind of dessert. It is dh's bd afterall.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #1259
Big Yapper!!!!

You probably don't want to know...lol.. hot buckwheat cereal with ground flaxseed, raw sesame seeds, and goji berries thrown in...
Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #1260
Major LCF Poster!

Lony, go roll in the snow to get that blood cooled off.
Melinda, has your son been applying for scholarships every day? It was almost a full time job when my daughter was in school. But it paid off. Have him get to not only his college of first choice, but also to others to see what they have to offer. Then he can take the best offers. Sometimes they still have some to offer because other students have turned them down.
Closed Thread