Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #1111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
IMHO if it was a terrorist attack it would have been much bigger. My guess is it is going to be some homegrown movement or a single individual.
I agree with you. I am betting it was not foreign terrorists. They said that the OK City bombing, and some others Virginia Tech maybe? were also in April. Just horrible no matter who did it.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #1112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hi everyone! How cute we have a new bee.

I am typing from work. I have many many pages to catch up on so I just wanted to poke in and say hello right off the bat.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #1113
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Just running by. Quick post for everyone:
•Inspirational Documentaries.

If you ever feel like jumping off the healthy wagon and giving up, watch inspirational documentaries. Here are some great ones. You can find these on Netflix or Hulu.

1.Food Inc.
2.Vegucated.
3.Fork Over Knives
4.Hungry for a Change
5.Fat Sick & Nearly Dead
6.Fork Over Knives The Extended Interview
7.America the Beautiful
8.Killer at Large (why obesity is America’s greatest threat)
9.A Walk to Beautiful
10.FAT What No One Is Telling You
11.King Corn, Our Daily Bread
12.Supersize Me
13.Future of Food
14.Food Matters
15.Fed Up
16.Food Fight
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #1114

Good morning. I was so exhausted last night I went to bed at 9 o'clock. I read for a bit but just couldn't take anymore of anything. That Boston thing really freaked me out. Plus the bike.

Lony--I stopped counting the water once I hit 124 oz. LOL I spent way too much time in the bathroom though.

Deb--glad Kenny is ok. He shouldn't mess around with not taking bp meds. That is too important. I didn't know Ken still had a bike.

Mona--hi girl. Where have you been hiding???? We've missed you.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:47 AM   #1115

Big day today: 70 pounds gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel skinny. roflol
Old 04-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #1116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Chewie 70 pounds gone! That is fantastic. I had just read a post where you lost 65. ;-) I am so happy for you, and a bit jealous. I'm not following the plan like you are and I have stalled out at 50 pounds gone after surgery. (50 pounds lost on LC on my own before surgery). Sigh....only have myself to blame.

I have just been jonesing on this computer game. It's all I want to do during my free time. I have such an addictive personality it even bleeds over into my hobbies. Now why can't I have a worthwhile hobby like vacuuming?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:04 AM   #1117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good morning....
just a note to let you all know our little Layla went into the hospital yesterday with RSV. She is in the childrens ICU unit. It came on her very quickly and by the time DD was taking her in to the dr. she was having a hard time breathing and vomiting. We are just so thankful for getting her there when we did. Dr. said she was in really bad shape when she came in. It was heart breaking to see her being worked on and so helpless.
DD says she is sleeping this morning and after a rough night with them giving her breathing treatments and trying to put a feeding tube in we are praying for a much better day today!! We do know she is doing so much better than yesterday. Her heart rate is back down to normal and her temp also. T
hey are still working on her breathing. They say it will be 4-7 days in the hospital for her. There are a ton of people praying and a few more prayers will be appreciated.
Oh Sue! I am so behind on the posts I just have to know now.....is Layla doing better?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #1118

Thanks Mona. I didn't lose much before surgery--like 3 pounds. roflol So I'm making up for it. My next wls appt is June 10 so I'd like another 20 off but I'm not sure if that's doable or not. Time will tell, I guess.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #1119

So folks, let's talk dinner tonight. I'm making Yankee Jambalaya--a new recipe posted in the recipe forum--with shrimp & sausage. I just have to pick up some bell peppers. I also might bake a pumpkin custard too.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #1120

Oh btw, the salmon patties were great. I made a quick creamy lemon dill sauce for them and that was AWESOME. It was just sour cream, juice of 1 lemon, 1 T dill and some fresh cracked black pepper. Wow, we all loved it. Great for anything.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #1121

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Deb, perhaps this will serve as a wake up call for Kenny. He figured it was ok to go without as he seemed to feel fine, nothing happened. Well, now something has happened. Add to that he is going to be a father and he is currently the only breadwinner. He has to keep up on his health. He has lots of responsibilities now. He and Ashley have to grow up and maybe this is the wakeup call that they both needed. Spend the money on the meds!!!!

I haven't read through everything. Did Ken plan to drop off his bike before he left or did he have mechanical problems? A long and stressful day, eh?
scheduled maintaince at 14000 miles it takes a few days for that maintainace and we had thought since he had to go past there anyways to get to his VA appointments it would be the perfect time and i couldn't get a hold of him after the phone call from Kenny so i had to stick to the orginal plan of going and picking him up
Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hi everyone! How cute we have a new bee.

I am typing from work. I have many many pages to catch up on so I just wanted to poke in and say hello right off the bat.
we have missed you!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #1123

Chewie 70 pounds is AMAZING!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Oh btw, the salmon patties were great. I made a quick creamy lemon dill sauce for them and that was AWESOME. It was just sour cream, juice of 1 lemon, 1 T dill and some fresh cracked black pepper. Wow, we all loved it. Great for anything.
oh good grief i am dying here! honestly i am salivating all over the place!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #1125

Ok---with the George Forman grill, can you cook frozen stuff on it? I need to find a manual. lol
Old 04-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #1126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chewie when I had a George Foreman grill I used to cook frozen chicken breasts on it all the time. They have to be the flat, individually flash frozen kind...like the kind you buy in a bulk bag from Sams or Costco. I'd rub a little olive oil on and some spices (or you could maybe use water to get the spices to stick) and then grill for 10 mins. Came out perfect every time! I might get myself another one now that I have a bigger kitchen.

Well this is the first Spring in our new house and boy do we have ants! I am going to have to get a LOT better with keeping the kitchen clean. There were ants all over everything. I gave the counters a quick spray with Windex but that's all I had time for. There are little scouts all over the place. I need to buy some ant traps.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 AM   #1127

Quote:
Chewie when I had a George Foreman grill I used to cook frozen chicken breasts on it all the time. They have to be the flat, individually flash frozen kind...like the kind you buy in a bulk bag from Sams or Costco. I'd rub a little olive oil on and some spices (or you could maybe use water to get the spices to stick) and then grill for 10 mins. Came out perfect every time! I might get myself another one now that I have a bigger kitchen.

Well this is the first Spring in our new house and boy do we have ants! I am going to have to get a LOT better with keeping the kitchen clean. There were ants all over everything. I gave the counters a quick spray with Windex but that's all I had time for. There are little scouts all over the place. I need to buy some ant traps.
OMG ANTS!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #1128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I remember watching Murder She Wrote with my Mom every a sunday as well!!

I was just thinking too, when I go to Walfarts to grab a can of Raid..,can't stand it either man..
Deb and Melinda, I have good memories of watching all the older 70s and 80s shows as well. My Aunt Pat used to have Murder She Wrote figured out in the first 5 minutes and we forbade her from blurting out the killer. LOL.

I remember Saturday nights as a kid. Fantasy Island and The Love Boat.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #1129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Deb and Melinda, I have good memories of watching all the older 70s and 80s shows as well. My Aunt Pat used to have Murder She Wrote figured out in the first 5 minutes and we forbade her from blurting out the killer. LOL.

Ditto. Used to watch all those shows, too!

Glad you dropped back in! Yeah, I wish I was addicted to cleaning as well. LOL I have been having withdrawals because I haven't been able to get any knitting done since Thurs, possibly Friday. I tried to yesterday but the day just flew by, I was so busy!! Please check in more frequently. We sure did miss you. I was worried about you since you had been having all of those BP issues. Was afraid you had had some medical emergency.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #1130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

My day is already heading off along a different path. Ended up taking youngest to school as she missed the bus. Stopped at grocery store to get ingredients to make oldest's birthday cake, then stopped at the community center to get oldest a membership to the gym as her present. Oldest got up waaaaay before she usually does and got into the shower ahead of her dad and brother, so I had no hope of a shower. Then, a friend needs me to fill in for her at a volunteer job this afternoon. Youngest wants me to take her shopping after school to get a gift for her sister. I guess I am just having one of those go with the flow days cuz from early on my plans have been shot.

Today oldest turns 22. I had to run her out to a friend of youngests last night to borrow a tutu. She wants to wear a tutu today since she turns "two-two".

Last edited by kcmama; 04-16-2013 at 06:24 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #1131

Quote:

and the golden girls!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Morning!

My day is already heading off along a different path. Ended up taking youngest to school as she missed the bus. Stopped at grocery store to get ingredients to make oldest's birthday cake, then stopped at the community center to get oldest a membership to the gym as her present. Oldest got up waaaaay before she usually does and got into the shower ahead of her dad and brother, so I had no hope of a shower. Then, a friend needs me to fill in for her at a volunteer job this afternoon. I guess I am just having one of those go with the flow days cuz from early on my plans have been shot.

Today oldest turns 22. I had to run her out to a friend of youngests last night to borrow a tutu. She wants to wear a tutu today since she turns "two-two".
to your DD!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #1133

KC--happy birthday to your dd.

Mona--I loved Love Boat and Fantasy Island too. Great memories.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #1134

Lony--my fav thrift store is right next to my dr office. I'm stopping in and going to browse so you'll have to yell at me later if I find anything. LOL

Plus this week, I plan on purging some of the big clothes in my wardrobe. I have a lot that are too big and I already have a giant 55 gallon bag of donations ready to go.

Last edited by chewiegand; 04-16-2013 at 06:38 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #1135

Lucky--or anyone that knows---Grass fed beef---price question

Is this a good price?

All natural grass feed beef. 660# Rail Weight. $2.39/pound.

You can purchase 1/2 or whole. Cut and wrapped.
Whole = $1577.40
1/2 beef = $788.70
Old 04-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #1136

i think it is! i paid almost 900! for a half
Old 04-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #1137
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Big day today: 70 pounds gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel skinny. roflol
Awesomely...awesome...and beyond...
Old 04-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #1138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, I have no idea on price. We raise our own. I never eat grass fed beef. Ours are corn fed. Congratulations on the loss

Deb, is Ken back to riding his bike? I thought his was totaled.

My daughter teaches at two different schools in the same school district. She went to the one yesterday that she only goes to once a week. At the other school, it was dress like a geek day. She did an excellant job of dressing like a geek, but unfortunately it was Duck Dynasty day at the other school. Her boys go with her and catch a bus back to their school. Kids kept telling her all day they had seen her boys and they were dressed funny.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #1139
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
As most of you know I spent 35 years just outside of Boston after I got married. The Boston Marathon was a happy, family-friendly event. My husband often took one or more of the kids to see it...but, not into Boston...usually somewhere along the way..it is a 26 mile run.

Not to take away from any other city...but, Boston people are kind of unique.. I know many who were there...and some who ran in it..one man actually went there from here in CA to watch it. He is the Dad of a friend of a (kid)woman now.....who lived across the street from me when I lived there..they are trying to save his leg...he is in surgery again today. Luckily, Boston has some of the best hospitals in the world...I have been to some of them. So frightening and unexpected.

It's one of those things that you really can't fathom. I know when I was at Fashion Island..a huge outdoor mall here...it was shortly after the shooting in CT...and we were just standing there and people started running (I told this story here)...we found out later it was a guy shooting 50 bullets into the air...yet we never heard a thing...just saw the look at the people's faces as they ran toward and by us...and then we ran too...and I know the feeling I had then...and I imagine it was 100 fold there...it happens so fast you don't have time to comprehend it...it is just another of the heartbreaking things that have been happening...yet in some countries happen everyday...and we are oblivious...I guess all we can do is pray...help where we can...and go on.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 04-16-2013 at 07:23 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #1140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chewie, congrats on the weight loss!! Can you take your clothes to a consignment shop and make a little money?
Closed Thread