Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #1081
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Man..I can't believe that this happened at the marathon. I have always said Monsters are real...they are having the press conference now.. boy oh boy... how horrible..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #1082
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
My boss gave me a Cusinart like the George Foreman. I can turn the plates and grill on one side and do panni's on the other. It is in the dishwasher almost every day. You can bake biscuits or cinammon rolls on it. My grandkids love that.
I have this one too Lucky - love it. I will definitely replace this if it ever goes kapoot on me.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #1083
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So, what's for dinner tonight? I'm making salmon patties and broccoli cheese soup, a big green salad plus cheese rounds too.
Made a run to Sam's club and got a free rot. chicken, free 3 meat 16" pizza and 2 free boxes of cookies...........also picked up one of their bbq ribs. So, dinner is going to be pick and choose...........also made some slaw and fresh rolls. I love free and quick....my kind of cooking.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #1084
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Dad brought Eli up to the hospital to pick something out for Layla at the gift shop. They let him go to the ICU doors to give it to mom. He started crying and said he missed his sissy and wanted to go see her. The dr. was kind enough to let them take him in. He was so happy to see her.
GOOD NEWS.....they just took her off of the ventilator!!! Happy dancing. They still have a small amount of oxogen on her. She may be going home in a day or two!!!!!! I will be SO glad when they take that IV out of her little forehead!!
such a precious picture...........so glad to hear she's doing better.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #1085
Major LCF Poster!

Deb - glad Ken made it to his apt and got in earlier on the second one. Now - to get him home safe and sound. No itching - lol - so hard to do. Hope the pink stuff is doing its work and drying out that poison ivy.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #1086

Lony.. my 30 minutes are done for the day... actually 31.. and I can't believe how what a chore it is to get done...goes to show me...that walking as i do.. really helps.. and not doing it for awhile.. I can feel definitely.. I just want to say MOOOOO I swear... but it's all done for today....
Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #1087

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Lony.. my 30 minutes are done for the day... actually 31.. and I can't believe how what a chore it is to get done...goes to show me...that walking as i do.. really helps.. and not doing it for awhile.. I can feel definitely.. I just want to say MOOOOO I swear... but it's all done for today....
You kick buns!!

I have done 1 1/4 mile and I am wiped out. Whadda wuss!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #1088

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Made a run to Sam's club and got a free rot. chicken, free 3 meat 16" pizza and 2 free boxes of cookies...........also picked up one of their bbq ribs. So, dinner is going to be pick and choose...........also made some slaw and fresh rolls. I love free and quick....my kind of cooking.
Ok, Ms. Linda, how did you get all that FREE????
Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #1089

I made the salmon patties, folded and put away the laundry and even did 20 minutes on the bike. PHEW!!!! I am so out of shape. I really want to do 40 minutes and might try again in a while. It said I burned 85 calories, sure isn't much but it's not personalized for my weight or age. I went almost 5 miles.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
You kick buns!!

I have done 1 1/4 mile and I am wiped out. Whadda wuss!
are you kidding me?? a wuss??? I probably did 1/10000 of a mile!!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #1091

I made this salad yesterday as one of my dinner items.. I made it up cause I didn't have a lot of salad fixings.. but I am sure someone has done the same thing...I am always looking out for salad recipes.. cause when Sonny boy leaves.. I want to gear hubs and I towards more salads.. and protein.... but I took asparagus.... cut it each stalk in half... blanched it in boiling water.. for a few.. took out.. and cooled it down.. I mixed it with artichoke quarters, tomatoes, olives and small pepperoni rounds...oil and red wine vinegar and a little salt. that was it.. put it in my bowl shook it real good...and It was so gooood!! so this morning I had a bowl of watermelon.. and that salad for lunch....and am hoping tonight just to drink something.. as sonny boy isn't home tonight...but I love salmon patties....
Old 04-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #1092

I'm up to 108 oz of water today. Woohoo!!!!!

How much have you drank today?????
Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #1093

no water for me.. but I have had coffee and tea...
Old 04-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #1094

Quote:
no water for me.. but I have had coffee and tea...
According to my wls dr, if it has caffeine in it, it doesn't count towards your daily total because it dehydrates your body.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #1095

Did I hear that correct on the news.. that they are calling the explosions a terror attack???? I hope she didn't jump the gun.. or maybe she meant domestic????:
Old 04-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #1096

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
According to my wls dr, if it has caffeine in it, it doesn't count towards your daily total because it dehydrates your body.
when I drink a ton of water like that.. it settles in the front of my calves and causes the worst pain and swelling.. so I tend to stay away from drinking tons of water...I also drink Crystal light...Orange Sunrise....
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #1097

Quote:
Did I hear that correct on the news.. that they are calling the explosions a terror attack???? I hope she didn't jump the gun.. or maybe she meant domestic????:
I heard that too. So sad that this world is so freaking messed up.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #1098

Quote:
when I drink a ton of water like that.. it settles in the front of my calves and causes the worst pain and swelling.. so I tend to stay away from drinking tons of water...I also drink Crystal light...Orange Sunrise....
I guess everyone is different and you have to do what works for you.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #1099

Does anyone know, don't laugh.. how to change the microsoft word paper back to vertical from horizontal??? my son changes it and never puts it back.. I hate the paper side by side...he says you can do it, not have to go into the document.. and change the layout..you could use the mouse or something on the key board...
Old 04-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #1100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Well, hello again! I didn't mean to leave so abruptly this morning. After I had typed my last note, I glanced at the clock and saw that I had only seven minutes until my aqua exercise class. I was still in pjs and it takes 15 minutes to get there. I ran upstairs to grab stuff, put on swimsuit and and got there 15 minutes into the class. So I only did 45 mins. But that is better than nothing, right?

As, I was leaving oldest texted me to say that her dad had asked her to photocopy all the tax forms for The state and mail them but she couldn't get the photocopier to work......so I had to deal with that plus a few other surprises today.

On a happy note, the convention center called to tell me that someone had turned in car keys which might be mine so I made a trip over and yay!!! They were mine! That is also when I turned my car radio on to talk radio and learned the terrible news about the event at the Boston Marathon. I can't even describe how I feel. Just awful!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #1101

Quote:
Does anyone know, don't laugh.. how to change the microsoft word paper back to vertical from horizontal??? my son changes it and never puts it back.. I hate the paper side by side...he says you can do it, not have to go into the document.. and change the layout..you could use the mouse or something on the key board...
Go to: Page Layout, then orientation--at the top

Last edited by chewiegand; 04-15-2013 at 03:40 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #1102

My God I am just sick about this attack.....a child died.....some people's limbs were blown off..my problems are nothing right now.,,,,how can people perform such an horrific act.,
Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #1103

Oh just great, now we're under a tornado watch till 11 pm. Just what we need!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #1104

I am stressed out. I guess I should stop watching the Boston news. I have a headache and so sad. I'm going to go cook.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #1105

Chewie I have 144 oz of water in so far today.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #1106

Quote:
IMHO if it was a terrorist attack it would have been much bigger. My guess is it is going to be some homegrown movement or a single individual.

Last edited by Lony; 04-15-2013 at 04:51 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #1107

Yeah I tend to agree....,I heard this one expert say that the explosive device was ratty tattied made and if you can believe this it could have been worse..so he thinks it's something domestic....it doesn't matter, it's terrible....
Old 04-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #1108

I agree 100%
Old 04-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #1109

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
SIGH never boring here
Ashely took Kenny to the Er DURING HIS LUNCH HOUR FROM WORK cHest PAINS I TOLD HER To give him an asprin and all they had was baby asprin i tiold them to give a handfull and see uf it helped but she took him on anyways.. dumb kid has been out of his BP med for months and apparently everything else is more important than that not a heart attack thank god but it took them a long time to get his BP down and they think it was his reflux or gall bladder maybe heck they spent more on one ER visit than if he had went to get his refills at the doc for a whole year
i had to go pick Ken up in sevierville he was leaving his bike there on the way back from johnson city for servicing and soo i am scared about my kid knowing my husband didn't have a way home and they are both in opposite directions JUST CRAZY IDK by the time we get back here Kenny called and said he didn't need us down there me and kw=en both been on the edge of our seats all the way home
Kenny is back home now and seems to be ok he got RXs for his regular meds.
i just do not know how to make him keep up with them he will spend money on stupid stuff and not get his meds i swear he was more responsible as a teen than he seems now
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #1110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
SIGH never boring here
Ashely took Kenny to the Er DURING HIS LUNCH HOUR FROM WORK cHest PAINS I TOLD HER To give him an asprin and all they had was baby asprin i tiold them to give a handfull and see uf it helped but she took him on anyways.. dumb kid has been out of his BP med for months and apparently everything else is more important than that not a heart attack thank god but it took them a long time to get his BP down and they think it was his reflux or gall bladder maybe heck they spent more on one ER visit than if he had went to get his refills at the doc for a whole year
i had to go pick Ken up in sevierville he was leaving his bike there on the way back from johnson city for servicing and soo i am scared about my kid knowing my husband didn't have a way home and they are both in opposite directions JUST CRAZY IDK by the time we get back here Kenny called and said he didn't need us down there me and kw=en both been on the edge of our seats all the way home
Kenny is back home now and seems to be ok he got RXs for his regular meds.
i just do not know how to make him keep up with them he will spend money on stupid stuff and not get his meds i swear he was more responsible as a teen than he seems now
Deb, perhaps this will serve as a wake up call for Kenny. He figured it was ok to go without as he seemed to feel fine, nothing happened. Well, now something has happened. Add to that he is going to be a father and he is currently the only breadwinner. He has to keep up on his health. He has lots of responsibilities now. He and Ashley have to grow up and maybe this is the wakeup call that they both needed. Spend the money on the meds!!!!

I haven't read through everything. Did Ken plan to drop off his bike before he left or did he have mechanical problems? A long and stressful day, eh?
Closed Thread