Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #1022
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
This is pretty darn cute. And very clever. How long has it been since they had the outdoor theaters anyway?
We have a drive in theater here. Haven't been in a few years but if it's cool enough, we'll definitely go this year. They should be opening soon. I'd rather take a blanket and wear boots than be hot and deal with mosquitos.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #1023

Deb--sorry about the poisin ivy. Dh and I got it one year so bad we both ended up in the emergency room. It was terrrible. I hope yours goes away quick. Don't scratch.

Lony---sending gentle hugs. Hope you feel better fast.

Where's Ms. Melinda? Eliza? Mona?

Annett--I had a yard sale once in CT, never again. I know some people are successful but to me it's just not worth it. I donate all my stuff and some of it is really good, new, etc.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #1024

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
goodnight all Ken has an appointment tomorrow for a neuro exam in johnson city and he has to try to go by himself he has to leave here before 5 am
i couldn't find a way to get Steven around tomorrow he has the gps and i hope he will be ok i will be worried all day
Old 04-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #1025
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Greetings!

Whew, finally home. Overall, it was a pretty good competition weekend. Out of her 6 dance team routines, 4 of her dances received Diamond Elite Top First (the highest score) and 2 received Elite Top First. 3 other Diamond Routines also placed in the overalls--one 2nd, one 4th and one 10th. Tonight her last routine, a ballet one, won the Prima Ballerina Award, scored a Diamond Elite aaaaaaand took 1st Place Overall in her Division. So that ballet routine beat out all other ballet routines, plus all tap, jazz, hip hop, modern, etc. in her division. We were all floored. Not the least of which were the dancers themselves. Of all the teams and their routines from our studio no one would have ever thought this routine had any chance of winning anything major compared to all of the other teams.

Oh, and remember me telling you about how her brother made her cry by telling her how ugly and horrible one of her costumes was? Well, that is the costume used in the routine that won so much! LOL In your face, big brother!!! LOL From the audience, those costumes looked great. Lots of people told us how pretty and graceful those costumes were before the awards.....
Old 04-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #1026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
goodnight all Ken has an appointment tomorrow for a neuro exam in johnson city and he has to try to go by himself he has to leave here before 5 am
i couldn't find a way to get Steven around tomorrow he has the gps and i hope he will be ok i will be worried all day
How long is the trip to Johnson City, Deb? Is he going to the VA in Johnson City?
Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #1027
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony and Deb, praying you both are feeling much better!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #1028
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony, the colors in the photos you took do look really good. There were so many amazing prom dresses last night. Six hundred tickets were sold so figure maybe 300 of them were for girls and I didn't see the same dress more than once. Seriously. Another mom and I were talking about that. There were some amazing dresses and really I am delighted to be able to say that there were no "*****y" dresses.

Deb, this theater is amazing. It is an outdoor theater, on the way in the water fountains had purple lights in so it looked like purple water shooting from the fountains. There was a lighted purple arch, gaslight torch things leading to the entry. I took photos of the inside before the kiddos started arriving. Perhaps a certain someone will agree to post them for me when she is feeling better. It was kind of a cool, nightclub, lounge vibe. The theater doesn't look this tall to me (kinda looks like a castle from a distance) but when you step inside the backstage area and look up, it is 9 stories to the top! Then the last 45 minutes they rolled up a wall screen that divides the backstage area from the front and the kids could dance there as well. Awesome. I was handing out water bottles. They asked us to twist off the plastic cap and give the kids the bottle so that the lids didn't end up on the dance floor. We gave up the last hour as we had developed blisters from twisting off so many caps.Who'duh thunk? I got home a tad after midnight. Then was up at 6;30 to get ready for dance.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #1029
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sue, that darling little baby girl! Praying she is better now.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #1030
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annett, maybe advertise on Craigslist instead? I am with Chewie. I find garage sales an awful lot of time and work for the pittance they bring in. Location is very important. Do you know anyone who lives in a more heavily trafficed area where you could hold a joint garage sale?

Hmmmm, the boyfriend issue. Like Melinda I am not going to really comment much. I just hear the line from a Shania Twain song going through my head right now that applies "that (he) don't impress me much......" but in all fairness, I only have what you have told us to go on.

I hope everything works out for you. Keep the faith.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #1031
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good evening everyone...
I have been at the hospital for most of the afternoon and night.
Layla is doing much better and they have turned the ventilator
down twice today!! She has been grumpy and just not feeling
great but that is just part of it. That could be due to the steroid shot they gave
her yesterday. We are hoping and praying if she continues this way they will
be able to unhook her from all the awful wires they have attached to her. Once they do
that she has another 24 hrs. before they will release her. Maybe Wed. or Thurs. she will be ready to come home!!
It's sad because there is a special needs child around 6-7 and there has been no one there with her. I asked the nurse and she said she doesn't recall why the mother isn't there with her this time. I guess she must have to come every so often maybe. How awful it would be not to have your mama with you while in the hospital.

Deb....I see where you are fighting poison ivy. OMG....I really feel for you.
Lony.....are you doing better now????
Sweet dreams to everyone. I am bushed!! Hospitals makes a person tired from just sitting there!!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Greetings!

Whew, finally home. Overall, it was a pretty good competition weekend. Out of her 6 dance team routines, 4 of her dances received Diamond Elite Top First (the highest score) and 2 received Elite Top First. 3 other Diamond Routines also placed in the overalls--one 2nd, one 4th and one 10th. Tonight her last routine, a ballet one, won the Prima Ballerina Award, scored a Diamond Elite aaaaaaand took 1st Place Overall in her Division. So that ballet routine beat out all other ballet routines, plus all tap, jazz, hip hop, modern, etc. in her division. We were all floored. Not the least of which were the dancers themselves. Of all the teams and their routines from our studio no one would have ever thought this routine had any chance of winning anything major compared to all of the other teams.

Oh, and remember me telling you about how her brother made her cry by telling her how ugly and horrible one of her costumes was? Well, that is the costume used in the routine that won so much! LOL In your face, big brother!!! LOL From the audience, those costumes looked great. Lots of people told us how pretty and graceful those costumes were before the awards.....
oh wonderful!!!! i know you both were soo thrilled! sounds very exciting! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 AM   #1033

sent Ken off to johnson city about a half hour ago Keep him in your thoughts today 4 hours there and then 4 back and that is without him getting lost !
Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #1034

Quote:
Lony, the colors in the photos you took do look really good. There were so many amazing prom dresses last night. Six hundred tickets were sold so figure maybe 300 of them were for girls and I didn't see the same dress more than once. Seriously. Another mom and I were talking about that. There were some amazing dresses and really I am delighted to be able to say that there were no "*****y" dresses.

Deb, this theater is amazing. It is an outdoor theater, on the way in the water fountains had purple lights in so it looked like purple water shooting from the fountains. There was a lighted purple arch, gaslight torch things leading to the entry. I took photos of the inside before the kiddos started arriving. Perhaps a certain someone will agree to post them for me when she is feeling better. It was kind of a cool, nightclub, lounge vibe. The theater doesn't look this tall to me (kinda looks like a castle from a distance) but when you step inside the backstage area and look up, it is 9 stories to the top! Then the last 45 minutes they rolled up a wall screen that divides the backstage area from the front and the kids could dance there as well. Awesome. I was handing out water bottles. They asked us to twist off the plastic cap and give the kids the bottle so that the lids didn't end up on the dance floor. We gave up the last hour as we had developed blisters from twisting off so many caps.Who'duh thunk? I got home a tad after midnight. Then was up at 6;30 to get ready for dance.
o WOW! i would love to see that!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good evening everyone...
I have been at the hospital for most of the afternoon and night.
Layla is doing much better and they have turned the ventilator
down twice today!! She has been grumpy and just not feeling
great but that is just part of it. That could be due to the steroid shot they gave
her yesterday. We are hoping and praying if she continues this way they will
be able to unhook her from all the awful wires they have attached to her. Once they do
that she has another 24 hrs. before they will release her. Maybe Wed. or Thurs. she will be ready to come home!!
It's sad because there is a special needs child around 6-7 and there has been no one there with her. I asked the nurse and she said she doesn't recall why the mother isn't there with her this time. I guess she must have to come every so often maybe. How awful it would be not to have your mama with you while in the hospital.

Deb....I see where you are fighting poison ivy. OMG....I really feel for you.
Lony.....are you doing better now????
Sweet dreams to everyone. I am bushed!! Hospitals makes a person tired from just sitting there!!
wonderful news about Layla! makes me soo sad though for the 6 year old poor baby there has been no one with her?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:50 AM   #1036

Lony i hope you got some rest and the pain has subsided
Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #1037
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Siggy for Deb...

Wonderful news, Sue...wonderful ... wonderful

Four hours each way...holy crappola, Deb..
Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #1038

Hi. Happy Monday---not.

Sue--praying for Layla. So sad about that other little one all alone.

Lony--hope the dr can help.

Deb--praying for Ken. 4 hours each way is a crazy long ride. I would hate it. I don't like to do long car rides.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #1039

KC--congrats to your dd. I'm sure you must be so proud.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #1040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!!! And it is a good one because I didn't have to get up early!! Whoohoo! I got up at 8:30. My kiddos are out of school today as it is a Professional Development Day. Youngest was sooooooo happy about that since her weekend was taken up with dancing. She said she will at least sort of feel like she had a weekend.

It is still gray and cloudy out and it rained some overnight. We are not complaining. I love it. In fact the cloudy day helps you sleep in longer because it is a bit darker.

Oh, veering off topic here a bit, I have the local tv show on and they are interviewing a pastor and author on his two books --A Complaint Free World, and Happy This Year by Will Bowen. Incredible success internationally with his first book A Complaint Free World. Even in China. You get bracelets (color coded, I think he said) and change your color every time you complain. Helps make you aware of how much you complain and makes people think more about their attitude. Happiness really is a choice he says. Free app Happy Stat for iPhone and Android helps remind you to be happy based on the happiness goal no. you picked. They did this with school kids and after a few weeks of checking in with them 2-3 times a day to ask them to rate how happy they were the kids' increased their overall happiness rating by 20%. They attribute that to being more aware about surroundings and actually thinking about being happy. Interesting concepts. Think that I am going to look for these books. Isn't this amazing?!! Something so simple and it has gone worldwide.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #1041

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines!

As of 2:13 am the stabby pains have stopped! Now it is just very tender and I can live with that.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #1042
Big Yapper!!!!

Good going, Lony...lots of info on them...and how to avoid them...

This was titled...how to avoid them...

Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on or inside of your ovaries. Although most are harmless, they can cause pain, heavy menstrual bleeding and fertility problems, particularly if you have polycystic ovarian syndrome. No foods are off-limits if you have cysts related to PCOS or other conditions. A healthy diet may, however, help manage your symptoms and lower your risk of complications.

Refined Grains

Refined grains are high glycemic, meaning they have a significant impact on your blood sugar and can lead to imbalances. Managing your blood sugar is important because PCOS increases your likelihood of experiencing diabetes, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. Eating a diet rich in refined grains also leaves little room for whole grains, which provide significantly more fiber and nutrients. As fiber-rich foods, whole grains may help you manage your appetite and weight, which can be challenging if you have PCOS.

Red Meat

Red meat is rich in the unhealthy fat forms known as saturated fat and cholesterol. In some cases, ovarian cysts progress to cancer. Replacing red meat in your diet with low-fat fish and soy is one simple step you can take to reduce this risk, according to the National Ovarian Cancer Network. Avoid highest-fat meats, such as bacon, sausage, lamb, steak and organ meats, and meats prepared with butter, cheese or high-fat sauces.

Added Sugars

Added sugars, such as cane sugar and high-fructose corn syrup, add sweet flavor and calories, but few nutrients, to many commercial foods. Similar to refined grains, added sugars are high glycemic and may offset your blood sugar. Sugary foods, such as doughnuts and jelly beans, have a greater glycemic impact than sugar on its own, according to the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University. In addition, diets rich in added sugars often lack nutrients and fiber and may lead to weight gain. To avoid these risks, keep sugar-rich fare to a minimum while increasing your intake of nutritious foods, such as fruits and vegetables.

Processed Snack Foods

Many processed snack foods contain little fiber, few nutrients and unhealthy fats. Commercially prepared cookies, crackers and pastries that contain hydrogenated vegetable oil, for example, provide trans-fats -- an unhealthy fat-form linked with inflammation, obesity and heart disease. Women's health expert Dr. Christiane Northrup, author of "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom," recommends that women faced with cysts consume primarily whole foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes. Natural alternatives to commercial snack foods include air-popped popcorn, unsweetened dried fruit, homemade granola and mixed nuts.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines!

As of 2:13 am the stabby pains have stopped! Now it is just very tender and I can live with that.
Ok then, I'm glad you're happy. Are you still going to the dr?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #1044
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
KC--congrats to your dd. I'm sure you must be so proud.
I am somewhat proud, but more than anything I am happy for her. She is not on the highest level teams in our studio. She is on an Intermediate level team, which is why it was such a shock that that level team took Overall 1st place. Our higher level teams did not place in their divisions. They had some Diamond Elite scores but no Overall Top finishes. She has a couple of friends who have been put on the higher teams and they don't really talk with her anymore.......since being moved up. It hurt her and I think this helps her regain some validation of her abilities.

The guy who runs this also works in Vegas. He does auditions for the shows that uses dancers in Vegas. So, part of what he does in these competitions and at conventions is have the dancers pay a fee (which he donates to charity) and he takes them through an "audition" experience. He teaches them a dance routine. He looks for those dancers who understand dance deep down and pick it up fast. He said yesterday that he was not looking for people who dance perfectly but for those who make it interesting. My daughter is weaker on technique buuuuuut she is stellar onstage. The stage lights like her. Seriously. She has prescence. In fact, he has done conventions for our studio, and two different visits, he told her she had it and she was carrying the team and the rest of the team needed to emote/perform like her. He knows her name. Little things like that help build her self confidence. We know she is not going to be a professional dancer, but, she gets exercise, she will be able to get up in front of people to deliver a speech etc, she has confidence, she knows how to carry herself and how to be a team member, and how it feels to win, place, lose. Qualities she will always be able to use in life.

Last edited by kcmama; 04-15-2013 at 07:43 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #1045
Big Yapper!!!!

There is so much info if you google it Lony...I can't even begin to post it all..
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #1046

Quote:
I am somewhat proud, but more than anything I am happy for her. She is not on the highest level teams in our studio. She is on an Intermediate level team, which is why it was such a shock that that level team took Overall 1st place. Our higher level teams did not place in their divisions. They had some Diamond Elite scores but no Overall Top finishes. She has a couple of friends who have been put on the higher teams and they don't really talk with her anymore.......since being moved up. It hurt her and I think this helps her regain some validation of her abilities.

The guy who runs this also works in Vegas. He does auditions for the shows that uses dancers in Vegas. So, part of what he does in these competitions and at conventions is have the dancers pay a fee (which he donates to charity) and he takes them through an "audition" experience. He teaches them a dance routine. He looks for those dancers who understand dance deep down and pick it up fast. He said yesterday that he was not looking for people who dance perfectly but for those who make it interesting. My daughter is weaker on technique buuuuuut she is stellar onstage. The stage lights like her. Seriously. She has prescence. In fact, he has done conventions for our studio, and two different visits, he told her she had it and she was carrying the team and the rest of the team needed to emote/perform like her. He knows her name. Little things like that help build her self confidence. We know she is not going to be a professional dancer, but, she gets exercise, she will be able to get up in front of people to deliver a speech etc, she has confidence, she knows how to carry herself and how to be a team member, and how it feels to win, place, lose. Qualities she will always be able to use in life.
That's great. My older ds has this quality as well and I believe it is from his 8 years of Martial arts. He was in the junior leadership group there and taught younger students. He has tons of confidence and never doubts himself. I wish I had a little of his confidence.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #1047
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines!

Oh, Yay!!!!!I hope you got some sleep last night then. I used to have these but only for a time-- high school-college. Don't know why I stopped but was happy about it.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #1048

Thanks Lynn. I have googled it over and over. The only thing on that list I eat is red meat so....... My OB said it is from my POCS. I don't ovulate regularly and it always seem to happen right after I do.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #1049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's great. My older ds has this quality as well and I believe it is from his 8 years of Martial arts. He was in the junior leadership group there and taught younger students. He has tons of confidence and never doubts himself. I wish I had a little of his confidence.
Hahaha! Yeah, ironic how sometimes our kids turn out to be the teachers instead of us!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #1050

Quote:
Ok then, I'm glad you're happy. Are you still going to the dr?
Yep, I am. I just don't have to try to get in today.
Closed Thread