Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Oh, wow. I always liked her. I agree. She was pretty and young and spunky to me. She suffered from a chronic illness too didn't she? Was it diabetes, MS? Can't remember.

I always liked Margaret Thatcher! Call me strange, (I am sure you probably do already ) but I really admired her.
MS...,,sadly at a young age,

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #512

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Melinda, I am glad you enjoyed the recipe. I got it in a magazine years ago and it came from the wife of the Secretary of Agriculture. How do I remember stupid things like that and forget why I went to another room. If you have any cuts on your toe, soak it in hydrogen peroxide. It will pull infection right out.
Boy great minds think alike....been waiting on my son to wake up to reach it from the shelf....
Old 04-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #513
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Oh, wow. I always liked her. I agree. She was pretty and young and spunky to me. She suffered from a chronic illness too didn't she? Was it diabetes, MS? Can't remember.

I always liked Margaret Thatcher! Call me strange, (I am sure you probably do already ) but I really admired her.
MS
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #514

KCmama. I agree with your post..which is why I am in a panic over my son...but I have talked to him for a few years until I am blue in my face with my son....at some point it has to be his decision ....and I have to let it go....because I am starting to make him feel that he is a failure and that I have no faith in him.....you know at this age they feel parents have no idea only they know....he doesn't see the angle I am coming at...at this point my Life experiences doesn't matter to him.,,.so all I can do is pray....and figure out what I am going to do the rest of my lifetime.....it's becoming a burden on me.... We all want success for our children.....but at what point am I willing to let this affect my health..

Last edited by crazyone; 04-08-2013 at 11:43 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #515

Ms Lynn....is it windy by you?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #516
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Noooooooo...I keep reading about wind advisories...and I look out and ... nothing...well the usual breeze..what the heck...
Old 04-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #517
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Okay...DBF just emailed me...he left here and went to Santa Fe Springs to work...and he said..."it's really windy here"...LOL That 10 minutes away...
Old 04-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #518

Yeah I hear in some areas it's supposed to be hurricane force winds..,I have always hated in
Old 04-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #519

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
You know, Deb, I probably would have laid right into both of them myself!!! I would not hold back. Maybe she can go back to her employer and tell them she wasn't thinking straight due to pregnancy hormones?She could add that her MIL and husband set her straight.

In all seriousness, I read an article yesterday that was about young college grads or young adults moving back home. It said basically that the numbers are unprecedented. Since they began keeping stats back in 1948, young adults ages 18-24 have only a 54% employment rate. I was having a discussion with oldest this morning and she has read about 3 articles lately saying that it is the roughest employment period. Employers had been trying to figure out how to get rid of employees before 2008 and they used the economic crisis of 2008 to their advantage. A great deal of companies do not plan to replace the positions they let go/terminated in 2008-2009 due to automation and outsourcing. She seriously needs to rethink this!

See, a perfect example of what happens when parents do everything for their kids. You should feel good and not bad about not buying tons of stuff for them. Look what it does to a person! what is the term for it, entitlement?
gah sounds like it to me but good grief Kenny was raised better than that! and they aren't teens anymore heck he is 23!
AND i felt so bad i ordered pizza and went to pick it up after school and i see her running around town sick my hiney ! and AFAIK kenny is at work he wasn't in the car with her and NOPE i did not even wave
Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
KCmama. I agree with your post..which is why I am in a panic over my son...but I have talked to him for a few years until I am blue in my face with my son....at some point it has to be his decision ....and I have to let it go....because I am starting to make him feel that he is a failure and that I have no faith in him.....you know at this age they feel parents have no idea only they know....he doesn't see the angle I am coming at...at this point my Life experiences doesn't matter to him.,,.so all I can do is pray....and figure out what I am going to do the rest of my lifetime.....it's becoming a burden on me.... We all want success for our children.....but at what point am I willing to let this affect my health..
I know, Melinda. I wasn't criticizing you, believe me! I try to do the same things to my kids and they don't want to listen. I try to say it over and over and over. Hopefully they won't come crying to me at the tough plight of not being able to find a job or one that pays well after they graduate in their fluff field of choice. Hoping perhaps youngest will be the sensible one. I still say we should go back to the days of telling our children "This is the field we have chosen for you. You are going to be a (fill in the blank) just like your father (uncle,etc)." Or be a bit more like Europe where they take a test in late middle school years, the test shows your strengths, weaknesses, most likely fields someone with your knowledge could succeed in and funnel you through the schools aimed at that career. You don't get to go waste your parents money or go into huge student loan debt getting a degree in an area with no job prospects! but, sigh, what do we old people know?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #521

Quote:
They are saying in certain areas here we are expecting 80 mph winds....been praying it passes us.....be careful
oh gosh melinda the heat and then those winds do tornadoes happen a lot there?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
gah sounds like it to me but good grief Kenny was raised better than that! and they aren't teens anymore heck he is 23!
AND i felt so bad i ordered pizza and went to pick it up after school and i see her running around town sick my hiney ! and AFAIK kenny is at work he wasn't in the car with her and NOPE i did not even wave
She looks like she might be set to work this pregnancy thing for all it is worth! Hope she doesn't end up with a colicky baby cuz she may then be wishing she had a job to run to for a few hours a day.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My son came in a bit ago and ate 1/4 of the banana cake I made, and ate chips from 4 different bags! He is currently upstairs on Netflix until time for him to head to swim practice. I am going to grab a snack for youngest and head out to her track meet to take her over to her dress rehearsal for dance tonight.

Melinda, hope those winds stay away from you!

Deb, did Ashley know that you saw her?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #524

Quote:
Well, snarky is a step or two up from depressed, isn't it?! So, what does she expect to live on? How does her mom feel about this I wonder? Afterall, her mother just gave notice at her job, too, didn't she? Presumably to help take care of her grandbaby, now she gets to financially support her daughter and grandchild on what? Maybe she can return all that baby stuff and get her money back so she can give them the money for a house payment or groceries? Oh, stop me, stop me. I am feeling snarky, too!!!

Ooooooooh, wait, wait. You have your mother's house! Maybe she is thinking they can live there rent free and then just Kenny will need to be employed.
no i don't think her mom quit her job but i was sure looking for it to happen by the time the baby was born IDK what she is thinking but i got to thinking about her track record and she seems to keep a job 3 months or less
ashley's mother just bought them 400 dollars worth of groceries a couple weeks ago

once a year or so ago Kenny said Ashley wanted to stay home like me
OH REALLY????? is she going to give up new clothes shoes running around, and hair appointments? i think not! i have been to the beauty shop exactly3 times since Ken and i got married and it is beneath her to live in the places i have lived
and my mothers house is beneath her ! i offered when they were first getting married rent free to have someone in it and keep it up KWIM? but NOO it is in tn and oh my you can't go there! the house has some problems but there is a small apt (used to be garage) living room kitchen bedroom and bath all it needed u=was cleaned up! it is where Ken and i stayed for a few months when he was going into active duty nope not good enough
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #525

Quote:
Lynn....let me apologize to you..and say thank you for your wonderful post. I hate it when someone puts something out there and someone responds from the heart and then it's not acknowledged.....I told Sue...when I worry I go to the worst case scenario
Which I know is ridiculous..LOL I have been entertaining myself with Angry Birds.....and looking up neat recipe blogs....anyway what you said made so much sense,,,

Annette funicello....not sure if the spelling had passed away..she was so beautiful..
oh no melinda! i thought she was beautiful too
Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #526

Quote:

hey i did too you always knew where you stood with her no wishy washy there! no having to say well did she mean x or did she mean y?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #527

Quote:
I know, Melinda. I wasn't criticizing you, believe me! I try to do the same things to my kids and they don't want to listen. I try to say it over and over and over. Hopefully they won't come crying to me at the tough plight of not being able to find a job or one that pays well after they graduate in their fluff field of choice. Hoping perhaps youngest will be the sensible one. I still say we should go back to the days of telling our children "This is the field we have chosen for you. You are going to be a (fill in the blank) just like your father (uncle,etc)." Or be a bit more like Europe where they take a test in late middle school years, the test shows your strengths, weaknesses, most likely fields someone with your knowledge could succeed in and funnel you through the schools aimed at that career. You don't get to go waste your parents money or go into huge student loan debt getting a degree in an area with no job prospects! but, sigh, what do we old people know?
Oh no no no I wasn't saying you were...your eloquent post, has been what I have been trying to tell my son for years....and that I wholeheartedly agree 10000 percent with what you posted.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #528

Quote:
oh gosh melinda the heat and then those winds do tornadoes happen a lot there?
Then after this wind episode it's going to be over 90 here "grrrr
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #529

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Melindapoo I hope that red, swollen thing gets taken care of ASAP!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #530

Quote:
yes THIS! that was how it was in Germany when Ken was stationed there and heck EVERYONE had a job and seemed happy at them
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #531

Quote:
My son came in a bit ago and ate 1/4 of the banana cake I made, and ate chips from 4 different bags! He is currently upstairs on Netflix until time for him to head to swim practice. I am going to grab a snack for youngest and head out to her track meet to take her over to her dress rehearsal for dance tonight.

Melinda, hope those winds stay away from you!

Deb, did Ashley know that you saw her?
IDK but heck i don't care today!
have fun doing the run arounds!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #532

We are finally home from Sheridan. The wind was sooooo horrible and the roads were slick. Then we got a call from a friend who was taking his snowmobiles up to his mom's house and he blew a tire. Rim, and all. So he and Mike spent a couple of hours on the side of the freeway getting covered in snow and frost getting that fixed.

I stayed in the car with the heater on and my magically warm Easter parka. LOL
Old 04-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
We are finally home from Sheridan. The wind was sooooo horrible and the roads were slick. Then we got a call from a friend who was taking his snowmobiles up to his mom's house and he blew a tire. Rim, and all. So he and Mike spent a couple of hours on the side of the freeway getting covered in snow and frost getting that fixed.

I stayed in the car with the heater on and my magically warm Easter parka. LOL
i am glad about your parka! wow how scary about his tire! are you guys home for the evening?? hope it quits before you guys get ALL that snow
Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #534

Quote:
i am glad about your parka! wow how scary about his tire! are you guys home for the evening?? hope it quits before you guys get ALL that snow
I think we are.... Who knows though with that husband of mine.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #535

Quote:
I think we are.... Who knows though with that husband of mine.
bring out the pepsi and the hot dogs! have you got your netflix yet?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #536

And all this yucky weather has me in the mood for a nap!

Oh and I lost another two pounds last week. Stand back, I am on a roll.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #537

Quote:
bring out the pepsi and the hot dogs! have you got your netflix yet?
LOL no not yet, I have too many tv choices right now. I got the full package so I have movie channels up the wazoo.

I will probably get it set up once Mike leaves. When he is home my whole routine gets out of whack.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #538

Quote:
LOL no not yet, I have too many tv choices right now. I got the full package so I have movie channels up the wazoo.

I will probably get it set up once Mike leaves. When he is home my whole routine gets out of whack.
whoohoo u might not need netflix!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #539

Congrats Lonykins! And thanks for well wishes on my toe.....I am a tad annoyed I sent sonny boy up to tbe post office and instead of tbe book of 20 stamps....he brought back 10..grrr....with bar codes.

I can't believe the weather your having I am the opposite....stay safe...
Old 04-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #540

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi. I've been having tummy problems since Saturday night. Again today at work, I was nauseous and felt bad. So I came home and took a nap. I just had a cup of cocoa and am just relaxing. I have that Cola bbq chicken in the crockpot. I have made it in a dutch oven before and it is very good but this is a first in the crockpot. I hope it comes out good. I can always cook the sauce on the stovetop to thicken it at the end if I have to, I guess.
Closed Thread