Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
WHOA!! safe travels! it is 60 here and sunny wish i could trade a bit with you! 10 inches POOR FRED!!

ashley QUIT her job this morning! today would have been her 90 days and she was eligible for totally company paid health care! no co pays no deductible and NO money out of her check! i really think she is spoiled a bit i do
AND they have not closed on the house soo IDK i am trying not to say too much but i am sure the lender would not want to take on that loan with only Kenny working anyone with half a brain wouldn't UGH i am so disgusted though her i can't even FIND a job and she throws them away just as if they are disposible
Wow, that doesn't sound like a very wise decision. She should have at least worked till she was due for pregnancy leave and then take the paid leave and not go back.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, you are wise to bite your tongue. I know I would want to shoot her. What does Kenny think of this?
Old 04-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #484

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Chewie you are soo right!
Lucky i didn't bite my tongue!! i bet they both are mad at me but heck kenny KNEW better than tell me that crap! i have never bee one to hold back much and i did i really did but he mentioned moving back in here and i lost it a little bit!
he seemed upset but WHO KNOWS??
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #485

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Lucky i didn't bite my tongue!! i bet they both are mad at me but heck kenny KNEW better than tell me that crap! i have never bee one to hold back much and i did i really did but he mentioned moving back in here and i lost it a little bit!
Well if they move in with you at least you would see the baby all the time. I guess that would be a good thing.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Well if they move in with you at least you would see the baby all the time. I guess that would be a good thing.
NOT HAPPENING! for being stupid no way jose! they can move back in with daddy moneybags noe!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #487

Quote:
NOT HAPPENING! for being stupid no way jose! they can move back in with daddy moneybags noe!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #488

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Margaret Thatcher died, she was 87.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #489

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
LONYKINS!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT I AM DOING?? I AM PLUGGING MY EARS SINGING LA DI DA LA DI DA.. CAUSE I AM NOT BEING SUCKED DOWN THE SUCKER HOLE AGAIN!!!!

LOL..

Last edited by crazyone; 04-08-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #490

So good morning everyone...I stubbed my toe on the area rug of all thing, and now my toe is red and swollen.. and hubs is saying you gotta go to the doctors.. yeah well that is a big fat NO....

but I am going to try and see if I can walk today.. cause I haven't and I feel crappy.....
Old 04-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #491

Lucky.. in all seriousness that was a wonderful recipe.. I thank you very much.. it's now in my recipe file....
Old 04-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
So good morning everyone...I stubbed my toe on the area rug of all thing, and now my toe is red and swollen.. and hubs is saying you gotta go to the doctors.. yeah well that is a big fat NO....

but I am going to try and see if I can walk today.. cause I haven't and I feel crappy.....
ouch Melinda! do you think it is broken? they don't do much for broken toes keep an eye on it though in case it might get infected did it break the skin?

Chewie i heard that on the radio this morning she was on the news a lot when i was growing up
Old 04-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #493

Melindapoo better not be walking on broken toes.
If they are broken there is not much a doc could do anyway.

I hope they get betters.

Waitin on the hubs to get done at the office so we can get to Sheridan... Half an hour and counting. On the bright side the 55 MPH winds are rocking the car and the snow is falling horizontally
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #494

acck Lony! man oh man! be careful!

are ya liking the new laptop?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
My two granddaughters spent the afternoon with me. I made the little one a beard and moustache. Her daddy has one and she plans to grow one some day. We had a giant bubble blower and blew a whole bottle of bubble juice. They were the biggest bubbles I have ever seen. I fixed them toasted cheese sandwiches and corn on the cob for supper. The youngest insisted on a bowl of frozen peas and some of grandpa's grapes. He showed her the strawberry patch, and she really wants some strawberries.
Sounds like you all had a great time together. Those are the kinds of things I like to do, have no cost (or very little cost) fun.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #496
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
WHOA!! safe travels! it is 60 here and sunny wish i could trade a bit with you! 10 inches POOR FRED!!

ashley QUIT her job this morning! today would have been her 90 days and she was eligible for totally company paid health care! no co pays no deductible and NO money out of her check! i really think she is spoiled a bit i do
AND they have not closed on the house soo IDK i am trying not to say too much but i am sure the lender would not want to take on that loan with only Kenny working anyone with half a brain wouldn't UGH i am so disgusted though her i can't even FIND a job and she throws them away just as if they are disposible
I really think this deserves a holy crap...

P.S. All three..from one son..that is the baby that was in the swing..he grew..lol

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 04-08-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #497

hmm ashley just posted this on her FB
Quote:
So sick...but it's gonna be a good day =)
uh huh they don't have internet cause they can't afford it OR do ya quit your job and magically get internet installed?? gah i am feeling soo snarky!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
I really think this deserves a holy crap...
i love you! thank you for the smile
Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #499

Lony. ...,red and swollen like infected...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You know, Deb, I probably would have laid right into both of them myself!!! I would not hold back. Maybe she can go back to her employer and tell them she wasn't thinking straight due to pregnancy hormones?She could add that her MIL and husband set her straight.

In all seriousness, I read an article yesterday that was about young college grads or young adults moving back home. It said basically that the numbers are unprecedented. Since they began keeping stats back in 1948, young adults ages 18-24 have only a 54% employment rate. I was having a discussion with oldest this morning and she has read about 3 articles lately saying that it is the roughest employment period. Employers had been trying to figure out how to get rid of employees before 2008 and they used the economic crisis of 2008 to their advantage. A great deal of companies do not plan to replace the positions they let go/terminated in 2008-2009 due to automation and outsourcing. She seriously needs to rethink this!

See, a perfect example of what happens when parents do everything for their kids. You should feel good and not bad about not buying tons of stuff for them. Look what it does to a person! what is the term for it, entitlement?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #501

Quote:
Good morning sunshines. Cold this morning with 10 inches of snow on the way. I need to get to walfarts before the storm hits. And here I thought it was spring time.

Chewie you have been busy this morning. I have taken the dog out and gave all the animals treats. Now I am having a cup of coffee listening to the wind howl.
Quote:

I hope they get betters.

Waitin on the hubs to get done at the office so we can get to Sheridan... Half an hour and counting. On the bright side the 55 MPH winds are rocking the car and the snow is falling horizontally
They are saying in certain areas here we are expecting 80 mph winds....been praying it passes us.....be careful
Old 04-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #502

Amen KCmom.....I have been telling everyone that for 5 years now. That the crises was used to layoff people...and that they want people, to do the job of 5 people...because they know we need that job..we will do it.,,,it stinks. .and I have been shouting that for 5 years now...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
hmm ashley just posted this on her FB

uh huh they don't have internet cause they can't afford it OR do ya quit your job and magically get internet installed?? gah i am feeling soo snarky!
Well, snarky is a step or two up from depressed, isn't it?! So, what does she expect to live on? How does her mom feel about this I wonder? Afterall, her mother just gave notice at her job, too, didn't she? Presumably to help take care of her grandbaby, now she gets to financially support her daughter and grandchild on what? Maybe she can return all that baby stuff and get her money back so she can give them the money for a house payment or groceries? Oh, stop me, stop me. I am feeling snarky, too!!!

Ooooooooh, wait, wait. You have your mother's house! Maybe she is thinking they can live there rent free and then just Kenny will need to be employed.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #504
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, snarky is a step or two up from depressed, isn't it?! So, what does she expect to live on? How does her mom feel about this I wonder? Afterall, her mother just gave notice at her job, too, didn't she? Presumably to help take care of her grandbaby, now she gets to financially support her daughter and grandchild on what? Maybe she can return all that baby stuff and get her money back so she can give them the money for a house payment or groceries? Oh, stop me, stop me. I am feeling snarky, too!!!

Ooooooooh, wait, wait. You have your mother's house! Maybe she is thinking they can live there rent free and then just Kenny will need to be employed.

Well, I have been bitting my tongue over here..LOL Thanks, kc...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #505

Lynn....let me apologize to you..and say thank you for your wonderful post. I hate it when someone puts something out there and someone responds from the heart and then it's not acknowledged.....I told Sue...when I worry I go to the worst case scenario
Which I know is ridiculous..LOL I have been entertaining myself with Angry Birds.....and looking up neat recipe blogs....anyway what you said made so much sense,,,

Annette funicello....not sure if the spelling had passed away..she was so beautiful..
Old 04-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Lynn....let me apologize to you..and say thank you for your wonderful post. I hate it when someone puts something out there and someone responds from the heart and then it's not acknowledged.....I told Sue...when I worry I go to the worst case scenario
Which I know is ridiculous..LOL I have been entertaining myself with Angry Birds.....and looking up neat recipe blogs....anyway what you said made so much sense,,,

Annette funicello....not sure if the spelling had passed away..she was so beautiful..
Oh, wow. I always liked her. I agree. She was pretty and young and spunky to me. She suffered from a chronic illness too didn't she? Was it diabetes, MS? Can't remember.

I always liked Margaret Thatcher! Call me strange, (I am sure you probably do already ) but I really admired her.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Amen KCmom.....I have been telling everyone that for 5 years now. That the crises was used to layoff people...and that they want people, to do the job of 5 people...because they know we need that job..we will do it.,,,it stinks. .and I have been shouting that for 5 years now...
Melinda, also as you prob know, it said that among those college grads who have jobs, a lot of them are earning less with them than before 2000 so it is going to take them an extra 10-15 years to catch up financially. Add in student loan debt...... The point I was trying to make with my daughter was that it is now more important than ever before to choose a career based on projected future career needs not on dreams and fantasies. The marketplace absorbed a lot of fluff jobs but no more. Be wise and choose an in demand career you can do your "passion" in your spare time and maybe grow it into a moneymaking job. My dh is an Engineer and the demand is great now and only going to become greater in that field. They are short on Engineers as it is and folks my husbands age and older are looking at retiring soon which will compound the problem. My dh overheard some guys at his office talking about retiring now because the stock market and all their retirement funds are doing well and now is the time to take the money and run so to speak. His company stock is at an all time high, too. A lot of people want to get their money out now before the market falls again.

I don't think people should work in careers they hate, but they should do some serious research into upcoming career field needs and try to see what they could do within those fields. But, my kids think I am a big downer in this regard! Guess they will be living with me for a looooooong time.

Here is the link to the article if you all want to read it

Moving Back Home With Parents After College - How to Make It Work
Old 04-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Melinda, I am glad you enjoyed the recipe. I got it in a magazine years ago and it came from the wife of the Secretary of Agriculture. How do I remember stupid things like that and forget why I went to another room. If you have any cuts on your toe, soak it in hydrogen peroxide. It will pull infection right out.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I hope they get betters.

Hey, remember how just a few short months ago we were all envious of your snow? Weeeeeeell, not anymore!!!!! I guess it is only fair that now you should be envious of our mild temps and sunny days. Right?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Melinda, I am glad you enjoyed the recipe. I got it in a magazine years ago and it came from the wife of the Secretary of Agriculture. How do I remember stupid things like that and forget why I went to another room. If you have any cuts on your toe, soak it in hydrogen peroxide. It will pull infection right out.
So true! So True!!!
Closed Thread