Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #451
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
What a cute picture!
I am going to assume you mean the baby, kc......He is a cutie..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Melinda, I hope you enjoy your meat.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #453
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines. I just caught up with all the posts and all I can say is WOW, just wow.

Sending out happy glitter for everyone in a grumpy mood!
Thanks.
It looks like it might actually be a nice day today. Mike is out building his UZI and I am going to tidy up the house. We may go out to the range today and fire off some rounds. They are calling for snow next week so I better enjoy the sunshine.
Good idea
The laptop is nice. I have not had much time to mess with it. I will say it is awesome to have wifi. I don't have to hook my Kindle up to the computer to get books. That makes me happy. Then again I am a pretty simple woman and it does not take much to put a smile on my face.
Me too. Glad it makes you happy. I like simple too.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Lynn....is that a little grand son? What a cutie!!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I was reading my devotional today and the theme lately has been on Thankfulness and Gratitude. It struck me how timely it seemed. Here are some exerpts:

Take nothing for granted not even the rising of the sun.....When you focus on what you don't have or on situations that displease you, your mind also becomes darkened. You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, flowers, and countless other gifts from Me. You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life until that is "fixed"......

Wow! I had to reflect on that a bit. I don't want to miss out on all the good around me. It is so easy to go down that dark path at times, but, I am going to try harder to pull myself back when my mind starts to send me down the wrong path!
This is like the law of attraction. Whatever vibe you put off, think or revel in, you get back twofold. I think trying hard to make it positive is well worth it plus you feel better. I am a huge fan of being thankful for things.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #456

DH and I did a bunch of spring cleaning today. Took apart my dining room and vacuumed and cleaned. Dh mopped all the tile which is a lot in this house. It starts in the laundryroom which is our entry from the garage, all the way to the Master bedroom, the whole kitchen,the sunroom, the whole dining room and the front hall to the front door, plus the guest bathroom too. It looks so good. I vacuumed all the baseboards and moved all the little stuff and vacuumed under and around. Phew. He also got the boys to mow and pick up the whole yard. We didn't get the patio done yet but the house needed some attention so maybe this week I can do some each day.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #457

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
HOT here almost 80 SIGH not looking forward to the heat really can't use my oven all summer
got a LOT done over at my mommie's tons of honeysuckle and poison ivy
Ken is the only one who could cut out the posion ivy cause it doesn't bother him and he couldn't do it for long because of his hip hurting but we made a lot of progress cleaned off her back porch and it is looking pretty good there
Old 04-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb....what are your plans for your mom's house? Is it close to your home?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #459

5 miles away i am keeping it! it is where i grew up and mom always wanted me to have a place if something happened with me and Ken LOL her bed is still there just like when she had to leave it
plus that is where i store all my stuff now too
upkeep isn't bad on it at all(except when that freak storm came through and Ken decided to replace the roof instead of just patching the missing shingles)
one of the neighbors just died he was only 66 i didn't get the story on why he had been i n the nursing home but that is where he died afew months ago was the last time i saw him and he looked strong and healthy then
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-07-2013 at 04:43 PM..
Old 04-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #460

the house is miserable this evening and i am dreading going upstairs Steven s school atarts back tomorrow
ZOMG!!
Kenny loves Star wars!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
I am going to assume you mean the baby, kc......He is a cutie..
Guess I should have been more specific, eh? Yes, I was talking about that cutie on the swing. . Your new pic is nice too!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Well, I caved and ate some potato chips. Shame on me. I bought these new chips that have Larry the Cable Guy on them. Bought BBQ Rib, Cheeseburger, Buffalo Wing, and Fried Dill Pickle flavored chips. Oh, Wow! They are so good! My son came in from work and saw them and cracked up. He took photos on his iphone to send to friends. He thinks they taste great, too.

Got really dark here. Lots of lightning bolts and thunder. I was in the kitchen fixing ds a pulled pork sandwich or two and a huge clap of thunder scared the bejeesus out of me. I jumped! LOL Oerall this storm has been making a lot more noise than producing rain!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #463

stay safe in the storm hot here and supposed to be all week IDK if we are supposed to get any rain or not
Old 04-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #464
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Lynn....is that a little grand son? What a cutie!!
Yes.....and he is quite cute and funny...tomorrow I will post a picture of the other one..who actually just turned 4.....their sister is the redhead..
Old 04-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
5 miles away i am keeping it! it is where i grew up and mom always wanted me to have a place if something happened with me and Ken LOL her bed is still there just like when she had to leave it
plus that is where i store all my stuff now too
upkeep isn't bad on it at all(except when that freak storm came through and Ken decided to replace the roof instead of just patching the missing shingles)
one of the neighbors just died he was only 66 i didn't get the story on why he had been i n the nursing home but that is where he died afew months ago was the last time i saw him and he looked strong and healthy then
If you have a little grand daughter what fun you and her could have at her great granny's house!! Tea parties in the kitchen!!!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 04-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

My two granddaughters spent the afternoon with me. I made the little one a beard and moustache. Her daddy has one and she plans to grow one some day. We had a giant bubble blower and blew a whole bottle of bubble juice. They were the biggest bubbles I have ever seen. I fixed them toasted cheese sandwiches and corn on the cob for supper. The youngest insisted on a bowl of frozen peas and some of grandpa's grapes. He showed her the strawberry patch, and she really wants some strawberries.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #468

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
My two granddaughters spent the afternoon with me. I made the little one a beard and moustache. Her daddy has one and she plans to grow one some day. We had a giant bubble blower and blew a whole bottle of bubble juice. They were the biggest bubbles I have ever seen. I fixed them toasted cheese sandwiches and corn on the cob for supper. The youngest insisted on a bowl of frozen peas and some of grandpa's grapes. He showed her the strawberry patch, and she really wants some strawberries.
sounds like a wonderful day!!! loved bubble blowing days!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #469

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
stay safe in the storm hot here and supposed to be all week IDK if we are supposed to get any rain or not
You are so lucky. It is going to be cold and snowy all week. The high tomorrow is going to be 30
Old 04-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #470

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Everyone have a great week!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 AM   #471

Good morning. I've been having super hot night sweats these last 2 nights plus awful dreams. So I got up early and just went right into the shower. It felt awful. PJs were drenched.

Monday already??? Sigh. I need to make a list of my spring cleaning chores for this week. Today I am going to do the windows in the sunroom and kitchen, there are 7 windows and a glass door. That should take me the majority of the afternoon. Plus I want to hit walfarts again although I loath the place. I found a bra last week I really like and it was on clearance so I'm hoping to pick up at least one or 2 more.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:36 AM   #472

Interesting article:
11 GOOD CARBS THAT HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT
Carbs is not a dirty word—at least when it comes to the complex kind that help you get rid of fat and inches. The body uses these “good” carbohydrates to generate the energy needed to do everything from chase toddlers to run laps. What makes these carbs good? Since they haven’t been overly refined, they retain far more of their fiber and nutrients than simple, more processed carbs, like pastries or white breads. Here are 11 carb-tastic foods to help you lose weight:
1.Dates- This fat-free, cholesterol-free fruit is worth making a date with. Try them in these Quinoa Protein Bars, which contain dates along with fellow carb superstar, quinoa.
2.Cheese, low-fat- Cheese offers both complex carbs and filling protein. Just be sure to stick to proper portions; 1.5 ounces is equal to the size of 3 dominoes.Fruit, fresh or frozen- The rule of thumb for choosing fruit to eat is that it should look as much like the original fruit as possible. In other words, ditch the packaged roll-up and fruit snacks; reach for the real thing instead!
3.Greek yogurt- It’s no secret that Skinny Ms. loves this variety of yogurt. It’s high in protein and nutrients, plus it’s a good source of good carbs. Make low-fat, or fat-free, plain yogurt part of the breakfast menu or enjoy it during a mid-afternoon munch. Top Greek yogurt with tasty fruits or nuts to boost the health (and yum) factor. For a low-calorie dessert that tastes as good as it looks, check our no-sugar added Skinny berry Parfait.
4.Legumes- These foods are livin’ large when it comes to complex carbohydrates. The legume family includes a range of tasty options, from black beans and kidney beans to peas and peanuts. Choose dry beans, or go for packaged beans that have little added sodium and no added sugar. Check out these 5 favorite recipes containing high quality protein legumes. Savory Superfood Soup; Black Bean & Veggie Soup; Fiesta Chicken Soup; Southwestern Black Bean Casserole; Momma’s Roadhouse chili
5.Quinoa- This superfood is also a super-carb. In fact, it’s known as a high-energy food because of its high carbohydrate content. This grain relative is ideal for meals any time of day, from breakfast to supper—so check out The New Quinoa E-Book for recipe ideas. Lose weight with these yummy quinoa recipes: Quinoa Skillet Supper; Quinoa & Vegetable Stir-Fry; Quinoa with Black Beans
6.Raisins- These sweet treats make for a weight loss friendly snack or topping for cereal, oatmeal, and yogurt. Make this healthy carb part of your day with Flax and Apple Raisin Oatmeal.
7.Sweet potatoes- They’re not just for Thanksgiving anymore. These taters are rich in vitamins B6, C, and D, plus they are yummy! Try them in these Sweet Potato Crunchies, perfect for topping salads and soups.
8.Vegetables, fresh or frozen- Mom was right when she told you to eat your greens. Veggies of any color are ideal sources of the complex carbs that deliver fiber and muscle-building nutrients. As with fruit, choose whole vegetables over those that are overly processed or packaged with added salt and sugar.
9.Whole grains- Ditch the white bread and white rice in favor of the good carbs found in oats, brown rice, or wild rice.
10.Whole wheat pasta- These hearty pastas retain their nutrients and fiber, making them an easy but healthy food choice, especially for families with choosey kids. Feed the gang with this Slow Cooker Skinny Spaghetti.

Add weight loss friendly complex carbs to your menu tonight!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #473

Took ds to school and then went straight to walfarts. Got 3 of the bras I liked, still on clearance for only $3.50 each plus found another I liked but was $5.98, I bought it anyway. Also got a few clearance meat items--1 pk pork chops, 2 pks ground sirloin and some turkey breakfast sausage links. I took it all home and now at work.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #474

Good morning sunshines. Cold this morning with 10 inches of snow on the way. I need to get to walfarts before the storm hits. And here I thought it was spring time.

Chewie you have been busy this morning. I have taken the dog out and gave all the animals treats. Now I am having a cup of coffee listening to the wind howl.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #475

Joke:
Two informally dressed ladies happened to start up a conversation during an endless wait in the LAX airport.
The first lady was an arrogant California woman married to a wealthy man.
The second was a well-mannered elderly woman from the South.

When the conversation centered on whether they had any children, the California woman started by saying, "When my first child was born, my husband built a beautiful mansion for me."
The lady from the South commented, "Well, bless your heart."

The first woman continued, "When my second child was born, my husband bought me a beautiful Mercedes-Benz..
Again, the lady from the South commented, "Well, bless your heart."

The first woman continued boasting, "Then, when my third child was born, my husband bought me this exquisite diamond bracelet.
Yet again, the Southern lady commented, "Well, bless your heart."

The first woman then asked her companion, "What did your husband buy for you when you had your first child?"
"My husband sent me to charm school," declared the Southern lady.
"Charm school?" the first woman cried, "Oh, my God! What on earth for?"

The Southern lady responded, "Well for example, instead of saying "Who gives a [censored]?" I learned to say, "Well, bless your heart"
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

My husband plowed our garden yesterday. It is supposed to be 70 here.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Monday morning!
Lucky....we blew bubbles yesterday also. You can never go wrong with kids and bubbles. It sounds as if you have a fun day.
Lony...I had heard on the news that you would be having more snow. Bundle up and get ready for it!! It's going to be in the lower 70's here today.
Chewie....that is a great price on bras!!! Reading over your good carbs reminds me of a recipe I have made with dates and it is really a good healthy snack.
Have a great day everyone.....here is the recipe.
Peanut Butter Energy Balls
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines. Cold this morning with 10 inches of snow on the way. I need to get to walfarts before the storm hits. And here I thought it was spring time.

Chewie you have been busy this morning. I have taken the dog out and gave all the animals treats. Now I am having a cup of coffee listening to the wind howl.
WHOA!! safe travels! it is 60 here and sunny wish i could trade a bit with you! 10 inches POOR FRED!!

ashley QUIT her job this morning! today would have been her 90 days and she was eligible for totally company paid health care! no co pays no deductible and NO money out of her check! i really think she is spoiled a bit i do
AND they have not closed on the house soo IDK i am trying not to say too much but i am sure the lender would not want to take on that loan with only Kenny working anyone with half a brain wouldn't UGH i am so disgusted though her i can't even FIND a job and she throws them away just as if they are disposible
Old 04-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #479

Quote:
WHOA!! safe travels! it is 60 here and sunny wish i could trade a bit with you! 10 inches POOR FRED!!

ashley QUIT her job this morning! today would have been her 90 days and she was eligible for totally company paid health care! no co pays no deductible and NO money out of her check! i really think she is spoiled a bit i do
AND they have not closed on the house soo IDK i am trying not to say too much but i am sure the lender would not want to take on that loan with only Kenny working anyone with half a brain wouldn't UGH i am so disgusted though her i can't even FIND a job and she throws them away just as if they are disposible
How did they move in if they have not closed yet? Silly lending companies!

Deb, I would be more than happy to give you this weather!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #480

yeah i was wondering that too!! seems absolutely strange to me doesn't it to you?/ i do know the builder has been charging them like 10 bucks a day until closing soo maybe it is like rent?? IDK but it just is all a mess and i am really just upset with miss princess right now
Closed Thread