LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning All

Chewie- Splenda makes a brown sugar substitute. ...Congratz on that AWESOME shopping trip...I do usually pretty well but I think you did WAY better!!!!

Deb - LOL... I'm with ya on the exercise bike.... I always am disappointed how short of time I spent on it...when it felt like it was forever and I was dying! We'll get there....

Melinda - I hope your knees feel better today.... Congratz on the 6lb weight loss! That is awesome!!!! Woooo Hoooo!!

Lony - A new laptop - YAY! LOL....did it come with Windows 8? When I got mine a few months ago it come with Windows 8. Not sure yet how I feel about it..like it but proves to be tricky sometimes LOL

KCMama -- Awesome job on the 3 dresses.. just curious, what about a knit dress since you seem like knitting better?? Or will that end up to spendy because of the yarn?

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Well...things here are...well OK at best but I will take it. Considering everything with having to pay for school this term and such... we scraped by on the rent (barely) and are managing to scrape by ok so far. I'm a little stressed..... But things will be ok. I just have to coupon a little harder. I just don't like having absolutely no wiggle room in my budget. My van needs a heater core - only $60 for the part but at the moment I may just choose to do without heat for a bit....I don't know. We'll see.

Well, I have LOTS of cleaning to do today and need to think about an affordable - yet good - Birthday Present for my Dad ...his Bday is soon. He is very difficult to shop for...

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday

>>Annett XD

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #422
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again. Worked on my meal plan, organized paperwork, paid bills and took meat out of the freezer besides making breakfast for the boys. I'm a tad cranky today. It turned out sunny and nice but like in KC, very windy.

Where is everyone today?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Annett, could you "do" something for your dad for his birthday? Pick up the sticks in his yard, clean his house, bake his favorite treat once a month, or do his least favorite chore. Sometimes that type of a gift is better than one you buy, and is certainly easier on the pocketbook.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #424

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Just for you grandma Deb....you are to young for grandma. I'll just call you mema Deb!LOL
memaandpoppashouse | A great WordPress.com site
thanks Sue

sigh last night we went to Kenny's to take him his lawnmower and an old end table we had stored for them and Ken helped him put in a doggie door for granpup Minnie SIGH i am outdone again

AShley's mother had had us promise not to get anything until after Ashlye was 12 weeks cause she lost her firs baby at 6 months pregnant i think it was so we did ya know
and the=is wek Ashley's mother went and spent a THOUSAND DOLLARS on baby stuff
she got the crib(the one that converts into a full size bed later on, crib mattress changing table a walker tons of bedding and clothes and i just don't know what all just believ e me ashley will not have to have a baby shower
i ca]ried and cried and cried i just do not know what to do

all i keep thinking of is an old country music video i saw a long time ago
where the parents are divorced and the dad has came for his kids birthday and brought a stuff animal pony to give the kid cause he wanted a pony for his birthday and the step dad brings out a real pony and the kid just drps what his dad gave him
i feel like that dad right now
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 04-06-2013 at 06:20 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #425

Quote:
Or...we could spell it Memaw. I have a friend that goes by that spelling.
I ended up being Nana because my first grand baby could not get the grandma out. He picked right up on Nana. I felt more like a Nana than grandma.
Lony....are we the only ones here tonight????????
Oh....here's one. Not grandma....but Jamma!!! I've heard that before.
Jamma Deb.... Deb....you should be in here. We are laughing at names we are giving you.
Oh...and then there is Nene. I've heard that one also. In the end they will call you what they want.
i like all of those
i always said whatever they can say before Papaw
that is why i though goo goo or gaga but Ken aint going for that
Old 04-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #426

forgot to put Ashley is 8 weeks this week SIGH
where is everyoen today?? no one been around?/
after alst night and me crying all night we went to sevierville and spent the day ken and Steven hit the flea markets and i sat in the van with my kindle
i had to get away for a while
Old 04-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
thanks Sue

sigh last night we went to Kenny's to take him his lawnmower and an old end table we had stored for them and Ken helped him put in a doggie door for granpup Minnie SIGH i am outdone again

AShley's mother had had us promise not to get anything until after Ashlye was 12 weeks cause she lost her firs baby at 6 months pregnant i think it was so we did ya know
and the=is wek Ashley's mother went and spent a THOUSAND DOLLARS on baby stuff
she got the crib(the one that converts into a full size bed later on, crib mattress changing table a walker tons of bedding and clothes and i just don't know what all just believ e me ashley will not have to have a baby shower
i ca]ried and cried and cried i just do not know what to do

all i keep thinking of is an old country music video i saw a long time ago
where the parents are divorced and the dad has came for his kids birthday and brought a stuff animal pony to give the kid cause he wanted a pony for his birthday and the step dad brings out a real pony and the kid just drps what his dad gave him
i feel like that dad right now
Hey, Deb, well I am sorry that this made you feel so badly. Let's look for the silver lining here. #1 your grandchild will not remember this purchase #2 your grandchild won't care about this purchase even when told about it #3 she may be racking up debt on her credit card with this purchase #4 you with all your activities and skills will end up being the favorite grandma anyway . Although, we are not supposed to be competitive, right? I think you might be borrowing trouble again. AND there are plenty of situations where the grandkids adore both sets of grandparents you know! Think and act positively. Get rid of negative thoughts and emotions before they do you in!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, Lony what are you doing with that new laptop?

We watched the Wichita State/Louisville game. I was rooting for Wichita. They played so well! Definitely deserved to be at this level of the tournament. Too bad they lost. Boo. We now have the Michigan and Syracuse game on. I really don't care who wins, maybe Syracuse?

My son got a postcard in the mail about scheduling his Senior portraits! Need to call now to schedule for summer appointments. Apparently if I schedule before April 15 and make the appointment before Aug 1 he can get the package for $99 instead of $399. Hmmmm. Wondering how legit it is. They have a website so I am going to head there to check them out.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So Melinda, I have been thinking of you tonight. I have been so hot the last few hours. My dh is comfortable, of course. Anyhow I went to check the thermostat to see the temp inside the house and it said "70". I thought, OMG how does Melinda stand to keep her house above 80 degrees?! I finally cracked and turned the A/C on.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Sunday morning everyone!!
It's going to be another nice day here it looks like.
Deb....the other grandmother will never be able to give this little one the one thing that you can. That would be grandma Deb's hugs. Kids are going to remember hugs, kisses and all the fun things you do with them. Trust me because I have always been the grandma without all the money. Kids don't care! It's us that it bothers, not the kids.
I completely understand what it is to walk into a bedroom of a grand child that has been bought and paid for by the other grandma. I have come to terms with it and you will need to also. Just think of it as a blessing for the kids. It will save you a lot of grief if you can turn it around and look at it differently.
One question.....did the other grandmother take Ashley and let her pick the bed out or did she do it all on her own? I hope not. It should be Ashley and Kenny who has the fun of doing all of that.
Deb...one thing that you might do when the baby gets here is find a really nice journal type book and write in it. Fill it with all the funny words and sayings that the little ones has to say and do. Also writing about all the fun things you and he/she did when they came to visit. Tell them about the cookies and cupcakes you made together and decorated or maybe the the tea parties or mud pies you made outdoors. Or maybe the bugs you collected in a jar. Those will be precious memories in yrs. to come for that child. When they become adults they will love reading and recalling those wonderful days with grandma Debbie. Oh...for example. My 13 yr. old spent the night last night. Ever since he was little I have had these stick on stars that light up in the dark on the ceiling in the "bird house" bed room where he and I would sleep. He would always want me to make up a new story each night he spend about "Stary" who lived far above the earth. I did that for years Deb! Last night he laughed and said Nana, tell me a Stary story!! I laughed and told him I couldn't keep up with the advanced stories at his ripe old age of 13 any longer. He will always remember those stories and so will I. I am now making up the same type stories with Eli. You see....those are memories that are more special than any boughten gift Deb.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
So Melinda, I have been thinking of you tonight. I have been so hot the last few hours. My dh is comfortable, of course. Anyhow I went to check the thermostat to see the temp inside the house and it said "70". I thought, OMG how does Melinda stand to keep her house above 80 degrees?! I finally cracked and turned the A/C on.
kcmama....it was warm here also. We have window units and hubs worked hard outside yesterday. He came in, cleaned up and turned a couple of them on. It felt really nice!!! A person should NOT have to be turning air on in April!!! Years ago we never had to turn them on till around the first or June.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So, Lony what are you doing with that new laptop?

We watched the Wichita State/Louisville game. I was rooting for Wichita. They played so well! Definitely deserved to be at this level of the tournament. Too bad they lost. Boo. We now have the Michigan and Syracuse game on. I really don't care who wins, maybe Syracuse?

My son got a postcard in the mail about scheduling his Senior portraits! Need to call now to schedule for summer appointments. Apparently if I schedule before April 15 and make the appointment before Aug 1 he can get the package for $99 instead of $399. Hmmmm. Wondering how legit it is. They have a website so I am going to head there to check them out.
Wichita played a great game!!!!
Get your wallet out for those pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They DO NOT come cheap.
Just remember one thing.....like senior rings senior pictures will be put away one day.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #433
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Morning all...
Quote:
"Just think of it as a blessing for the kids."
Exactly, Sue...
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #434

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Old 04-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #435

Good morning. Dh and I tried a new restaurant last night. We just went for some appetizers since I can only eat a small amount. We had calamari and a smoked gouda dip. Both were delicious. DS14 hunted in our yard and got a rabbit. DH marinated and cooked it. It tastes like chicken. LOL

Dh is so tired from all these 6 day workweeks. It is catching up with him. We are going to work outside to clean and organize. DS18 mowed the front yard yesterday and today one of the boys has to do the back. First the yard has to be picked up of junk---from the long winter. We have about 2 1/2 acres so it's not a small yard.

Parents are coming as usual but we're simplifying today. We're having cheese, salami plate, ham salad and crackers. Dinner will be an antipasto salad, cod, green beans with tomatoes & garlic and something????? for dessert. I need to figure out the dessert very soon.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #436

Deb--sorry you're feeling so low. Money isn't everything especially when the baby is little. You have love and sweetness to share and that is ultimately more important.

Sue--what a sweet story about Stary. Loved it.

Lony--how's your new wifi??? laptop?

Where's Eliza and Mona????

Annett---I agree with Lucky about you doing something or how about cooking a special bd dinner for your dad?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #437

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
Start Date: June 28, 2009
GOOD MORNING I HATE EVERYONE AND ANYTHING TODAY...I am stupid TOM Watch and it's pissing me off big time.....anyway...This week I lost a lousy 8 pounds.. that isn't my getaway weight.. still have more to lose... but it's TOM that is hindering it...I should say lack of...I look like a beach ball to begin with.. but now I look like Jumbo sized beach ball..grrr.. and I ate only one lousy meal a day.. too.. oh well whatever...

Kcmama.. I would turn on that Air in a heart beat.. but it is so expensive to run out here.. because the base starts now at about 350.00 the Los Angeles City Council ok's raises every month and this is what we have now.. so I try not to run it.. or if I do.. it's after 2 or 3 pm.. and I don't run my central air I run my wall units...I always run a balance with them...I owed 500.00 and I just sent them 175.0...and I will have to call them soon to give myself another 15 day extension...then I will pay them again probably another 175.0... and then that balance of 200.00 gets carried over to the next bill..my electric bill used to be nothing come this time of the year and now it's huge.. that electric bill.. is my water bill and refuge pick up and sewer and whatever other tax and fee they can find...

Annett.. thank you, I probably would be happy any other week but not this week.. with the weight loss... anyway.. I would just be honest and say Pops money is tight.. but I was lucky.. my mother never wanted us and ordered us not to buy her things.. but she liked a good meal.. as Chewie said cooking a special meal...

Chewie.. I hear you.. but my hubs has been working 6 days sometimes 7 days for the 26 years I have been married to him...today and tonight or is it last night and tonight.. he is scheduled for graveyard.. and he was pissed off about having to do it..but I say the good thing is that he has more sleep in between jobs.. because on his double shift days.. my husband leaves the house at 7:45 and doesn't come home till 2am ...and then I wake him up at 7:20.. so for 3 days straight he has less than 5 hours of sleep.. cause when he comes home he watches TV before going to bed.. so I can relate very well...

Deb.. I don't know why your so focused on the money aspect of being a grandmother...the only grandmother I have ever loved was my husband's.. and she never gave me money and stuff..she made me her famous chocolate marshmallow roll..and I loved it...and she was the type of person who complained and talked about only herself...but I loved her so much.. and she loved my hubs..her nephew...and she used to tell me that Grandpa said my hubs was his favorite..but when my mother passed away, she stopped and walked over to me and held me in arms.. as I cried for 10 minutes.. straight.. and that is what I remember the love and warmth....I miss her almost as much as my own mother...

Also that is Ashley's mother.... if that's what she wants to do than so be it.. why do you have to cry all day about that.. good.. as KCMom says.. let her run up her credit card.. you make the beautiful cakes.. or the Halloween costumes.. etc...

one more thing.. My husband's sister has spent thousands on my son thru the years.. and he CANNOT STAND THE AIR SHE BREATHES...I haven't the nerve to tell him she may be coming out here for his graduation....however my idiotic brother that I am not talking to right now...though he treats me like crap.. treats my son right.. you know.. when he sees my son he gives him a big hug and kiss and calls him Kid.. and asks him about what's going on.. and I hear my son laughing hysterically and my son loves the guy..and if he has spent maybe 300.00 bucks on my son his almost 18 years..so I don't know why you are sitting around crying about that.. I am sure Kenny knows what you guys can and can't do.. and when something breaks down in his house. I am sure Kenny will call you guys...

Anyway.. enough I am going to go back and cook.. I got my fruit salad all made.. my potatoes boiling..Lucky's recipe in the oven...and my chicken cut up for another dish.. and it's not even 9am...

Have a great day you guys....
Old 04-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #438

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines. I just caught up with all the posts and all I can say is WOW, just wow.

Sending out happy glitter for everyone in a grumpy mood!

It looks like it might actually be a nice day today. Mike is out building his UZI and I am going to tidy up the house. We may go out to the range today and fire off some rounds. They are calling for snow next week so I better enjoy the sunshine.

The laptop is nice. I have not had much time to mess with it. I will say it is awesome to have wifi. I don't have to hook my Kindle up to the computer to get books. That makes me happy. Then again I am a pretty simple woman and it does not take much to put a smile on my face.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #439

Quote:
kcmama....it was warm here also. We have window units and hubs worked hard outside yesterday. He came in, cleaned up and turned a couple of them on. It felt really nice!!! A person should NOT have to be turning air on in April!!! Years ago we never had to turn them on till around the first or June.
Sue heck when i was growing up we didn't even have a fan until i was 16 years old!
yesterday was in the 70s and i had to use the ac in the van this wednesday will be 80+ and i don't know if i will make it i have all the windows open today airing out the house
have to go mow at my mommies and whew hedge trimming i will be soo sweaty and i don't do much of it
MELINDA OMG!! 8 pounds in a week is amazing! that is over a pound a day and shoot even on HCG we don't lose that much! 3.5 pounds gone a week is average even on hcg ! how in the world can you say that isn't good?? it is outstanding! WTG!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning

Awwww Melinda Big Hugs 8lbs in a week is fantastic!! I hope things go better for you.

Lony.. Snow? Really? In April? I forget..what State are you in?

__________________________________________________ ______________

Well today seems to be a good day so far. I'm still contemplating whether or not I should spend the money on the heater core right now....I think I will so its one less thing to worry about.

Thanks for the suggestions of making something like a special Bday dinner.
Its a great idea but he's become very specific about what he eats or doesn't eat now - so it would be really tricky. It changes and its his own made-up diet so who knows what it will or won't be this week.

I still have 2 weeks - so plenty of time to come up with something.

Well, I may head to Walgreens - they have Canada Dry Ginger ale for $1.99 per 12pk...I wonder if they have the diet version. I know it contains aspartame but its not like I drink it 24-7. I haven't had any in quite some time.

I've noticed the cravings are getting less - which is GREAT! My kids can leave their Easter candy without me being interested at all in it. So that's good.

Hmm...well HUGS to all and I wish everyone a happy Sunday!

>>Annett

PS - Louisville better WIN! There is a bracket up at work and my name was randomly pulled for Louisville...if they win I could actually win some money!!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Good Morning

Awwww Melinda Big Hugs 8lbs in a week is fantastic!! I hope things go better for you.

Lony.. Snow? Really? In April? I forget..what State are you in?

__________________________________________________ ______________

Well today seems to be a good day so far. I'm still contemplating whether or not I should spend the money on the heater core right now....I think I will so its one less thing to worry about.

Thanks for the suggestions of making something like a special Bday dinner.
Its a great idea but he's become very specific about what he eats or doesn't eat now - so it would be really tricky. It changes and its his own made-up diet so who knows what it will or won't be this week.

I still have 2 weeks - so plenty of time to come up with something.

Well, I may head to Walgreens - they have Canada Dry Ginger ale for $1.99 per 12pk...I wonder if they have the diet version. I know it contains aspartame but its not like I drink it 24-7. I haven't had any in quite some time.

I've noticed the cravings are getting less - which is GREAT! My kids can leave their Easter candy without me being interested at all in it. So that's good.

Hmm...well HUGS to all and I wish everyone a happy Sunday!

>>Annett

PS - Louisville better WIN! There is a bracket up at work and my name was randomly pulled for Louisville...if they win I could actually win some money!!!!
Well, then I will root for Michigan. You see, it seems like whichever team I am rooting for this year, they lose!! soooooooo, if you could win some money then I'd better not jinx you!

Glad your cravings are getting less. Especially with Easter candy within easy reach. I also love the Diet Canada Dry. I shall have to see if our Walgreens has it on sale as well. Do I need a coupon for that price? I have not seen the Sunday paper yet so haven't checked the ads. Could go read online I suppose....... Could you use your coupons to buy some items your dad uses anyway to put together in a gift basket while you are at Walgreens or CVS? I can't believe that your father would be expecting much knowing your financial situation anyway. How immature would that be?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was reading my devotional today and the theme lately has been on Thankfulness and Gratitude. It struck me how timely it seemed. Here are some exerpts:

Take nothing for granted not even the rising of the sun.....When you focus on what you don't have or on situations that displease you, your mind also becomes darkened. You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, flowers, and countless other gifts from Me. You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life until that is "fixed"......

Wow! I had to reflect on that a bit. I don't want to miss out on all the good around me. It is so easy to go down that dark path at times, but, I am going to try harder to pull myself back when my mind starts to send me down the wrong path!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines. I just caught up with all the posts and all I can say is WOW, just wow.

Sending out happy glitter for everyone in a grumpy mood!

It looks like it might actually be a nice day today. Mike is out building his UZI and I am going to tidy up the house. We may go out to the range today and fire off some rounds. They are calling for snow next week so I better enjoy the sunshine.

The laptop is nice. I have not had much time to mess with it. I will say it is awesome to have wifi. I don't have to hook my Kindle up to the computer to get books. That makes me happy. Then again I am a pretty simple woman and it does not take much to put a smile on my face.
I saw where it looked like you might be getting snow when I was watching the news the other night. Hopefully , we are going to get rain when it leaves you and heads our way. It was sunny this morning and is now gray. Possibility of good rain tonight.

I agree on how nice it is to be able to download a book to the Kindle with wifi. When you see a free book offer that you would like you can just click on it and boom it is done!! Love it! Have fun at the shooting range!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #444

LUCKY!!! I am making your recipe now.. I have forgotten when I put it in the oven!!! LOL!!! it's not done because it isn't tender.. but it smells wonderful!!! and my hubs came home from doing his graveyard this morning and like an hour later.. he says Melinda,what are you making it smells good.. I said Lucky's recipe!!! LOL....
Old 04-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Sue heck when i was growing up we didn't even have a fan until i was 16 years old!
yesterday was in the 70s and i had to use the ac in the van this wednesday will be 80+ and i don't know if i will make it i have all the windows open today airing out the house
have to go mow at my mommies and whew hedge trimming i will be soo sweaty and i don't do much of it
MELINDA OMG!! 8 pounds in a week is amazing! that is over a pound a day and shoot even on HCG we don't lose that much! 3.5 pounds gone a week is average even on hcg ! how in the world can you say that isn't good?? it is outstanding! WTG!
Deb.. I am happy, but I am not.. I am barely eating anything.. I bet less than Chewie....so I am not happy.. but it's due to PMS and my son's college stuff, and not losing faster on the first week...other than that everything else is ok at least..
Old 04-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #446
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I was reading my devotional today and the theme lately has been on Thankfulness and Gratitude. It struck me how timely it seemed. Here are some exerpts:

Take nothing for granted not even the rising of the sun.....When you focus on what you don't have or on situations that displease you, your mind also becomes darkened. You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, flowers, and countless other gifts from Me. You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life until that is "fixed"......

Wow! I had to reflect on that a bit. I don't want to miss out on all the good around me. It is so easy to go down that dark path at times, but, I am going to try harder to pull myself back when my mind starts to send me down the wrong path!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #447
Big Yapper!!!!

Find something that weighs 8 pounds, Melinda...you will be amazed at how much that is...and now you can put it down...

Old 04-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #448

Your right Lynn..,,I just know what I am capable of when I stay on plan....the first week of a diet.....it's always a struggle the 2nd week and on....not the first..
but you are absolutely right....I shouldn't be so negative....it gets old and tiring always to be a downer and a moaner .....

With that all said.. I think tomorrow I can add some walking back.sore knees and all....

Ok back to cooking!

LINDA...how are you!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Find something that weighs 8 pounds, Melinda...you will be amazed at how much that is...and now you can put it down...

What a cute picture!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #450
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Your right Lynn..,,I just know what I am capable of when I stay on plan....the first week of a diet.....it's always a struggle the 2nd week and on....not the first..
but you are absolutely right....I shouldn't be so negative....it gets old and tiring always to be a downer and a moaner .....

With that all said.. I think tomorrow I can add some walking back.sore knees and all....

Ok back to cooking!

LINDA...how are you!
I totally empathize...I think you should express however you are feeling, Melinda...just put it out there...I am willing to bet we have all been there...some days even you are up and somebody else is down...some days we are all up...some days we are all down.."whatever"..as my daughter used to say all the time back in the day..and it drove me nuts...but, I have come to embrace that word... As I often say to myself...this too shall pass...I truly try to keep a positive attitude...and some days it's hard...but, things turn around quicker it seems if we can manage it...that is one thing we can control...our thinking...that said..it can be has hard as getting weight off...because our brain seems to want to go back to what it is used to doing...I often sleep with a walkman at night...to keep my brain from heading off into areas that cause me stress...they seem to pop up more at night the older I get...and it really is hard to control until you can find a way to distract yourself....which we try to do with food...we have to find other things to distract us...I know....easier said than done...but, being aware of it is the first step...

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Closed Thread