WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Sue that is the truth
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Aw Deb - I'm sorry you're feeling so blue.......Something else happen or just the day when it's just too much and the tears just flow? Hugs, Linda
Old 04-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda - did you say that you gained weight when drinking shakes? I tried the EAS advantage one today - it's sooooo sickenly sweet to me - doubt I will be able to stay with them. Going to try throwing in some almond milk ice cubes tomorrow - to see if it will make it more like a milk shake and not quite as sweet.

I believe it was Sue that said she has used the Atkins - I got that down - and wasn't bothered quite as much with the sweetness. They carry such a limited supply here - odd - you would think in this big area - guess it's a matter of finding it - but geesh - I'm not into running 40,50,60 miles to get it.

Linda
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn -such good advice on college and money matters.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/345.5/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Evening All

What a day! .... I LOVE my class at the campus - the teacher is quite unique...this class will be a breeze! YAY.

Melinda - I'm glad he's talked to a coworker about the papers. I'm sorry he's got a mean boss lady. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out alright.

Also about the school loans....if he can pay interest only while in school it will save A LOT in the end.

I would tell you to stop worrying and that things will be OK...but I'm a Mom too...I worry regardless... so just remember things will work out and TRY not to worry so much. HUGS

Lony - Glad to read that Fred & you were alright...with loose dogs you never know ....

Well I am exhausted....I'm gonna hop in my pajamas and read the kids a bed time story and then watch a little TV in bed.

Good Night all

>>>Annett
Old 04-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Think I'm calling it a night...........

Another BIG HHHHUUUUUGGGGGGG for Deb.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Morning Folks!

Nice chilly morning at the bus stop. Going to be around 60 today and partly cloudy. Youngest wore running shorts to school. Yikes!

My dh got back in town around 8:00 last night and one of my neices in Colombia skyped me last night. I haven't seen her in about 6-7 years. She had moved to Buenos Aires so was not around when we went down to visit. We talked for an hour and a half!! Dh announced on Easter that we are going down again in July.Ugh. You know how stressed I was last time about my weight and now, despite always dieting, I weigh even more!!! Hopefully adding in exercise will help me start dropping weight.

My neice is hoping to get married in August and hoping we can be there but she doesn't know the date yet as they are also waiting on her fiance's father to let them know when he will come in August. So, maybe we will go in August?Don't know yet. Hard when kids are in school. Although, they don't mind missing school.....
Old 04-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #279
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines! Beautiful day here. One more day to internet then I can respond properly.

Deb big hugs for you, do a little happy dance, it will make you feel betters.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #280
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Lynn -such good advice on college and money matters.
Thank you pansies...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #281

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning folks. It's still rainy but warming up and supposed to stop raining by this afternoon.

Last night dh and I made 48 homemade pork dumplings and a pan of Asian pork meatballs. I had made the meat mixture earlier and we just assembled. I also have a few pounds of bnls skls ckn to cook today too. So it'll be homemade Chinese for dinner. YUMMMMMMMMMM
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie...hope you are feeling better this morning. I am pretty sure we all have been there. Quite often a good cry is just what a person needs...although, the feelings you have while you are doing it are not pleasant.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning ladies...

I just read about Fred...that must have been scary...good that he could slip his collar...because otherwise things might not have worked out so well. I used to walk dogs everyday..as a petsitter. I was walking by a house and a woman opened her door to get her mail out of the box on the porch and her two dogs saw me and came tearing out of the house..it was scary.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Sounds like you have about covered it all..and all excellent suggestions...after the first two years of paying son #1"s tuition..and he was just having a ball for himself...we said...ummm...no...the gravy wagon is now cut off...amazing how much better he did when he was paying for it himself...he even got a job in the cafeteria so he could eat...your son is on the young side...I kept mine out so they were older for their grade...he is trying to keep up with his peers...who probably know less than he does.. I have said it before...and I will say it again...and you can tell him to look it up....the first two years are a rehash of HS...how much do you want to pay for that??...go to the least expensive school you can...the education in these courses is no different..do well...and then think about transferring at some point.

and I might add..the one child of mine who never finished school is making the most salary...not that I recommend it...it just happens to be true in my case...one went to a specialized school...not a trade school...he has jobs being offered coming out of his ears...one went to a regular state school...majored in business...when he got out...there was not a job to be found at that time....learn to do something few people know how to do...
What kind of specialized school??? My ds14 loves to invent things and modify things. He loves that stuff and is very good at it too. He said he might like to go to mechanic school(auto). I want him to go to college first or at least for 2 years so if he does go into that he can have his own business.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #285
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
What kind of specialized school??? My ds14 loves to invent things and modify things. He loves that stuff and is very good at it too. He said he might like to go to mechanic school(auto). I want him to go to college first or at least for 2 years so if he does go into that he can have his own business.
A Maratime Academy...however, he did go to a state school the first year...then transfered. His best friend went to Tufts the first year..actually was rookie of the year on the football team. He transfered also.

I highly recommend looking into one of them...visiting...researching on the net. Value beyond compare in my opinion.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 04-04-2013 at 06:46 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #286

Lony--wow, poor Fred, glad nothing worse happened.

Deb---hugs and hope today is a better day. Maybe you need to get an antidepressant???

KC--I would love to go to Colombia. I know it's stressful with family stuff for you. Your new exercise program should help a lot. Plus the weather will be getting better and you always do tons in your yard and that will help too.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

I added something to my post chewie..in case you were posting at the same time.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Look into Pittsburgh State, Chewie. It is not that far from you.

Pittsburg State University: Home of the PSU Gorillas! - Pittsburg, KS

They have an Auto Mechanics program. Can do a 2 or 4 year program. The 4 year has coursework for those who plan to own their own business some day. At least that is what a friend of mine told me. Her son graduated from there in that program about 2 years ago.

They also have athletics. So, if your son is good at football he might be able to get a scholarship to play. We have another friend whose son is attending on a track and field scholarship. My Optometrist graduated from there and my next door neighbor. He works for Toyota and trains all of the Toyota mechanics. He travels all around the midwest as well. Good program.

Called Automotive Technology. Here are some more links. Never too early to start looking and you guys are close enough to do a trip there to check out the campus.

Program Listing - Pittsburg State University
Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Look into Pittsburgh State, Chewie. It is not that far from you.

Pittsburg State University: Home of the PSU Gorillas! - Pittsburg, KS

They have an Auto Mechanics program. Can do a 2 or 4 year program. The 4 year has coursework for those who plan to own their own business some day. At least that is what a friend of mine told me. Her son graduated from there in that program about 2 years ago.

They also have athletics. So, if your son is good at football he might be able to get a scholarship to play. We have another friend whose son is attending on a track and field scholarship. My Optometrist graduated from there and my next door neighbor. He works for Toyota and trains all of the Toyota mechanics. He travels all around the midwest as well. Good program.

Called Automotive Technology. Here are some more links. Never too early to start looking and you guys are close enough to do a trip there to check out the campus.

Program Listing - Pittsburg State University
Thanks so much, this is perfect. I will definitely check it out.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #290

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
Man this time change does my sleep very well!!! I wanted to get up early to go down to the store...and I just woke up!!! LOL!!!

Good Morning Everyone...I think I am going to pay my taxes today....!! and rummage thru my freezer and see if I can make something without going to the store.. I just don't feel like it..I have nothing in the house...but the thought of going outside doesn't please me at all..

Kcmom.. I hear you and know how you feel.. I told Lony and Sue.. that this last weekend getaway was hard for me weight wise..for different reasons...but I really understand...your a sweety, go and have a great time....

Deb...Hope you feel better.. know what you mean though...man my son said to me last night.. you know Mom I really do love you.. and of course BAM tears.. Friggen TOM....

Lynn...what a wonderful av...

Lonykins...Good Morning back to you...

Chewie..PLEASE CAN I COME TO YOUR HOUSE FOR DINNER EVERY SINGLE NIGHT???

Annett.. Good Luck with your classes...

Linda...I would make myself for dinner a protein shake.. with water, HWC, a packet of Crystal light...like orange...and ice and whizz it up.. and it would be good and the next day boom gain on the scale.. I don't know why...maybe I should have had it for lunch instead....but then again I am the only one in the entire world that gains weight eating cabbage...

Last edited by crazyone; 04-04-2013 at 07:07 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
I added something to my post chewie..in case you were posting at the same time.
Thanks, will check it out.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #292

Oh, I am so excited. I got paid yesterday and I can finally order this sf white chocolate mix that I've wanted for a few weeks. Woohoo. One of my friends from the wls forum suggested it and I love white chocolate. She said it's so good.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning....I am off to the grocery store this morning, or for your fancier type people I am off to the super market. LOL
I think this will be my new recipe I will try for the week. It's a crock pot one.
Elaine, I think I pinned it off of you. Have you tried it yet?
Pioneering Today Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls Recipe | Melissa K. Norris
Old 04-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb....I hope this morning finds you feeling better.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good morning....I am off to the grocery store this morning, or for your fancier type people I am off to the super market. LOL
I think this will be my new recipe I will try for the week. It's a crock pot one.
Elaine, I think I pinned it off of you. Have you tried it yet?
Pioneering Today Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls Recipe | Melissa K. Norris
Yum---I love stuffed cabbage rolls. It's comfort food to me but I very rarely make it.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
No, Sue, I haven't tried it, but I have been wanting to. Let me know how it is.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, hugs to you. Praying today will be better.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #298

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
I love stuffed cabbage....that is my number one comfort food..
Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Does this ring a bell for some of you with kids? LOL
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Could someone go to the store with me and carry my groceries in and put them away???? I HATE doing that part of it!!!!
Counting to 3 and getting up and leaving.
Closed Thread