Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sami
new, lots to lose, and struggling to stay on track

hi everyone. I initially started this low carb life because of fibromyalgia but I find myself struggling to stay with it. I think part of my problem is that I feel really alone in my battle so I was pretty happy when I found this website. I hope to make friends and to help others who are struggling like I am. Sometimes just having someone who understands where you are is motivation to keep going.
sami is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sharkini
Stats: 289/273/199 for now
WOE: JUDDD - lots of veggies
Start Date: 10/4/13
Hi Sami, so glad you found LCF! Everyone here is very helpful and welcoming. Post often and if you need help along the way just ask. Which lc plan or method of eating are you following?

Welcome aboard
sharkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sillykimmie
Stats: 223/192/140
WOE: Atkins induction!!!
Start Date: Re restart date 8-14-12
You have come to the right place for information and support.
Are you doing induction?
sillykimmie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sami
I'm doing a fibro diet that's a little stricter than induction. No sugar, wheat, corn, rice, soy, and just the really low carb veggies. I look at recipes a lot of the time but don't find many that I can use. The only fruits I eat are strawberries and cantaloupe in limited amounts. I can't use the Adkins baking mix so I haven't found any bread substitutes I like. It's tough but I feel better on the diet than I do off of it, so I'm trying to hang in there. Thanks for the feedback
sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Sami
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
There are lots of recipes out there that would support your WOE. I don't eat any of those things either(except for occasional soy) and I make delicious recipes. Just google gluten free, sugar free recipes and you should find some things. Linda Sues site has Los of great recipes that I use often.

When I stay on this WOE my pain levels are very manageable so it's worth it to stick to the plan. It helps to lose weight if you just skip the fruit also.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
If it was easy, everyone would be thin. But it is doable, it can be done and yes you can do this. Don't stop reading, persevere, and take it just one day at a time, just work on Today. The days will add up and before you know it, you will hit goal. But just focus on doing your best Today.

Last edited by heidihoopi; 03-25-2013 at 03:20 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Welcome Sami. Your dietary restrictions will work very well with LC eating. Eating mostly meats, LC veggies, fat and dairy is the basis of most LC plans. You are definitely not alone in your struggle and here in the Century Club we all have a considerable amount to lose.

I would suggest finding and joining a daily thread that appeals to you. This is the best way to meet a small group of people who will get to know you, your life and struggles. You will give and receive support, information and encouragement (and if asked for, a kick in the butt).

Come daily and post often, this can work for you!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami View Post
I'm doing a fibro diet that's a little stricter than induction. No sugar, wheat, corn, rice, soy, and just the really low carb veggies. I look at recipes a lot of the time but don't find many that I can use. The only fruits I eat are strawberries and cantaloupe in limited amounts. I can't use the Adkins baking mix so I haven't found any bread substitutes I like. It's tough but I feel better on the diet than I do off of it, so I'm trying to hang in there. Thanks for the feedback
That's basically my diet, except I don't do any fruit at all, and can't eat raw veggies at all (allergies). I don't use the Atkins baking mix, or any LC baking mix. I don't use bread or flour substitutes like that. I stick with meats, non-starchy veggies, and dairy.

There are TONS of recipes and recommendations that would fit with your diet, here, and on Linda Sue's site: Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mydear
Stats: 315.5/220.2/199 lbs
WOE: protein & veggies
Start Date: 2/01,1/03, 1/05, 9/06, VSG-12/08, 9/10, 4/12
hi Ntombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
That's basically my diet, except I don't do any fruit at all, and can't eat raw veggies at all (allergies). I don't use the Atkins baking mix, or any LC baking mix. I don't use bread or flour substitutes like that. I stick with meats, non-starchy veggies, and dairy.

There are TONS of recipes and recommendations that would fit with your diet, here, and on Linda Sue's site: Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home
i remember you from way back 2002/2003, good to see you back on the broads. i came back about a year ago to get my blood sugar under controll and it's working for me again. my doctor took me off the meds last month... good luck...hope to see you on the boards daily again..
mydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Thanks! I never left completely: I've been in the off-topic areas but I'm back on plan as of January, so I'm posting everywhere again. Glad to hear you're doing so well and off some meds, that's great news!
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami View Post
hi everyone. I initially started this low carb life because of fibromyalgia but I find myself struggling to stay with it. I think part of my problem is that I feel really alone in my battle so I was pretty happy when I found this website. I hope to make friends and to help others who are struggling like I am. Sometimes just having someone who understands where you are is motivation to keep going.
I've just been around two weeks, but the support is amazing.
It's really hard to do it alone, and it helps to be able to draw upon everyone's experience and encouragement. Seems to get a bit easier day by day so dig in and stick with us.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote