Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   new, lots to lose, and struggling to stay on track (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/800221-new-lots-lose-struggling-stay-track.html)

sami 03-24-2013 08:33 AM

new, lots to lose, and struggling to stay on track

hi everyone. I initially started this low carb life because of fibromyalgia but I find myself struggling to stay with it. I think part of my problem is that I feel really alone in my battle so I was pretty happy when I found this website. I hope to make friends and to help others who are struggling like I am. Sometimes just having someone who understands where you are is motivation to keep going.

sharkini 03-24-2013 08:43 AM

Hi Sami, so glad you found LCF! Everyone here is very helpful and welcoming. Post often and if you need help along the way just ask. Which lc plan or method of eating are you following?

Welcome aboard :)

sillykimmie 03-24-2013 09:58 AM

:welcome: You have come to the right place for information and support.
Are you doing induction?

sami 03-24-2013 10:20 AM

I'm doing a fibro diet that's a little stricter than induction. No sugar, wheat, corn, rice, soy, and just the really low carb veggies. I look at recipes a lot of the time but don't find many that I can use. The only fruits I eat are strawberries and cantaloupe in limited amounts. I can't use the Adkins baking mix so I haven't found any bread substitutes I like. It's tough but I feel better on the diet than I do off of it, so I'm trying to hang in there. Thanks for the feedback:thanks:

thecloude1 03-24-2013 10:36 AM

:welcome: Sami

cfine 03-25-2013 09:01 AM

There are lots of recipes out there that would support your WOE. I don't eat any of those things either(except for occasional soy) and I make delicious recipes. Just google gluten free, sugar free recipes and you should find some things. Linda Sues site has Los of great recipes that I use often.

When I stay on this WOE my pain levels are very manageable so it's worth it to stick to the plan. It helps to lose weight if you just skip the fruit also.

heidihoopi 03-25-2013 03:18 PM

If it was easy, everyone would be thin. But it is doable, it can be done and yes you can do this. Don't stop reading, persevere, and take it just one day at a time, just work on Today. The days will add up and before you know it, you will hit goal. But just focus on doing your best Today. :)

Phranquie 03-27-2013 08:38 AM

Welcome Sami. Your dietary restrictions will work very well with LC eating. Eating mostly meats, LC veggies, fat and dairy is the basis of most LC plans. You are definitely not alone in your struggle and here in the Century Club we all have a considerable amount to lose.

I would suggest finding and joining a daily thread that appeals to you. This is the best way to meet a small group of people who will get to know you, your life and struggles. You will give and receive support, information and encouragement (and if asked for, a kick in the butt).

Come daily and post often, this can work for you!

Ntombi 03-27-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sami (Post 16333634)
I'm doing a fibro diet that's a little stricter than induction. No sugar, wheat, corn, rice, soy, and just the really low carb veggies. I look at recipes a lot of the time but don't find many that I can use. The only fruits I eat are strawberries and cantaloupe in limited amounts. I can't use the Adkins baking mix so I haven't found any bread substitutes I like. It's tough but I feel better on the diet than I do off of it, so I'm trying to hang in there. Thanks for the feedback:thanks:

That's basically my diet, except I don't do any fruit at all, and can't eat raw veggies at all (allergies). I don't use the Atkins baking mix, or any LC baking mix. I don't use bread or flour substitutes like that. I stick with meats, non-starchy veggies, and dairy.

There are TONS of recipes and recommendations that would fit with your diet, here, and on Linda Sue's site: Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

mydear 04-04-2013 11:36 AM

hi Ntombi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16340617)
That's basically my diet, except I don't do any fruit at all, and can't eat raw veggies at all (allergies). I don't use the Atkins baking mix, or any LC baking mix. I don't use bread or flour substitutes like that. I stick with meats, non-starchy veggies, and dairy.

There are TONS of recipes and recommendations that would fit with your diet, here, and on Linda Sue's site: Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

i remember you from way back 2002/2003, good to see you back on the broads. i came back about a year ago to get my blood sugar under controll and it's working for me again. my doctor took me off the meds last month... good luck...hope to see you on the boards daily again..

Ntombi 04-04-2013 07:58 PM

Thanks! I never left completely: I've been in the off-topic areas :o but I'm back on plan as of January, so I'm posting everywhere again. Glad to hear you're doing so well and off some meds, that's great news!

Patience 04-07-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sami (Post 16333443)
hi everyone. I initially started this low carb life because of fibromyalgia but I find myself struggling to stay with it. I think part of my problem is that I feel really alone in my battle so I was pretty happy when I found this website. I hope to make friends and to help others who are struggling like I am. Sometimes just having someone who understands where you are is motivation to keep going.

I've just been around two weeks, but the support is amazing.
It's really hard to do it alone, and it helps to be able to draw upon everyone's experience and encouragement. Seems to get a bit easier day by day so dig in and stick with us. :hugs: