Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   I wanna wear the clothing in my closet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/799640-i-wanna-wear-clothing-my-closet.html)

Acura 03-18-2013 08:16 AM

I wanna wear the clothing in my closet

Every notice that after you loose a bunch of weight you slowly acquire new clothing, which is a good thing. Then slowing you start re-gaining a few pounds here and there and you don't really pay attention until your new clothing doesn't fit well any more. Well that's me.... after losing 120 lbs I have gained about 25 back and now my new clothing is tight and I dont want to wear them any more. So I am back to low carbing and monitoring how I eat. I want to fit in the clothing in my closet again.....

Phranquie 03-18-2013 07:09 PM

Yep, been there done that. You are smart to let your clothing tell you that you need to get back on plan. I typically just bought new larger clothes after having given all my larger clothes away. This would lead to buying larger and larger clothes until I had a complete regain. I am glad you could recognize the road you were headed down in time to catch it.

You can drop those unwanted pounds with your determination to stick to a good LC plan!

Acura 03-19-2013 08:50 AM

thanx, I just cant bring my self to buy new clothing after I bought such nice stuff.. Glad I am not the only one that has been here

Jigsaw 03-30-2013 07:55 AM

My guess is most of us have been there :down:, good for you for taking action now! :clap:

Patience 03-30-2013 09:40 AM

Been there . . . it's a tough situation, needing to be comfortable and knowing that a bigger size is the reason for comfort. I can relate so much right now!

MaryMary 03-30-2013 05:35 PM

I hear you... I went through that in 2011. I still kept the 16's and 18's until jan 1st this year, then gave them all to the Goodwill. Today I just went to the Eddie Bauer and treated myself to a size 8 slacks. They fit comfortably. The size 10's are getting baggy in the butt.

I don't smoke or drink or even chew s/f gum anymore. My vice is getting clothes that fit. By getting rid of the old stuff, i am living in the present moment. Te past is history. I can learn from it so I can apply it today.

cfine 04-02-2013 01:51 PM

I have never, in my adult life, lost weight enough to buy smaller clothing. Over the years I just kept buying bigger until I was in a 26-28. I can't wait to fit back into normal sizes. I buy just enough to keep from being naked right now. It was great giving those 26-28 clothes away. It was a great moment in my life.

GME 04-03-2013 08:37 AM

I somehow start to rationalize the bigger clothes with a conversation in my head that goes something like....

"This looks like it is cut small, I'll get a larger size. I want some really roomy yoga pants to lounge around in. I am buying the size up so I'll be comfortable." :stars:

CTIgrad 04-03-2013 09:46 AM

The last time I lost 100+ pounds, when I was down to about 210, I picked up a pair of True Religions one size smaller than I was to help me meet that last goal.

Well, 3 years later I never made it into those jeans and they sit, tags n all in my closet.

Patience 04-09-2013 08:27 AM

It's a bit of a tradeoff. I think the advise to dress to fit your size is good advice for looking professional or at least presentable on a day to day basis. And the too tight clothing in the closet is depressing.