Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
I usually go swimming with my mom and my aunt but neither one of them can go today. It's going to be hard make myself go without them. I'm already talking myself out of it.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I go to gym on my low calorie days and today is not one of them. I love doing this because I don't feel overwhelmed by the gym and it makes it easier for me to stick to a routine. I think we get down on ourselves when we don't make it to the gym, but getting back there is always the most important thing to me. Just put on your headphones and tune out the chaos around you.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazlyn View Post
I usually go swimming with my mom and my aunt but neither one of them can go today. It's going to be hard make myself go without them. I'm already talking myself out of it.
Did you make it to swimming yesterday?

I'm a bit jealous that you have access to a swimming pool!
Trillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I think we get down on ourselves when we don't make it to the gym, but getting back there is always the most important thing to me.
I definitely feel more energy when I go to the gym. No matter how I feel before I get there, I always feel AMAZING when the blood starts flowing through my body!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't go. I also can't go Wed. because I'm watching my granddaughter.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazlyn View Post
I didn't go. I also can't go Wed. because I'm watching my granddaughter.
Have fun with your granddaughter!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

I woke up SO SORE this morning! Yesterday was my lower-body weight training day and my current trainer put me through a high-volume workout so I, basically, did about forty million zillion lunges.

To be completely honest, though, I'm in pain because I haven't *really* worked these muscles in a super long time. Between moving and going on vacation, I didn't get truly intense workouts in June and July. I shouldn't be surprised. But I'm kind of amazed by how important mental focus is to getting a good muscle workout. I got my mental focus back yesterday and it made a huge difference.

Although I genuinely felt like I was working my quads out while on vacation, because I was climbing a lot of stairs every day (I chose to climb 7 flights of stairs at one of the hotels I stayed at even though there was an elevator), unfortunately climbing stairs isn't the same lower body workout as good ol' front and back lunges and deep squats. So I'm in pain this morning. It feels good!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Today is one of the last Mondays of summer 2013. Mondays always feel like a fresh start to me. I feel like I have the chance to make this week better than last week.

I hope we all have a great week ahead!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Raphaelalava
Stats: 245/230/180
Start Date: May 8 2013
Hey guys! I've been MIA for a bit, been busy with the family and whatnot. But that didnt stop me from working my butt off (literally) I'm back and man! 37 pounds down, and I've never felt this good, wearing shirts that I've never fit into! Have a great mid week guys!
Raphaelalava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphaelalava View Post
Hey guys! I've been MIA for a bit, been busy with the family and whatnot. But that didnt stop me from working my butt off (literally) I'm back and man! 37 pounds down, and I've never felt this good, wearing shirts that I've never fit into! Have a great mid week guys!
Hey, Raph! Good to see you. Congratulations!

Old 08-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday, you guys!

My trainer wants to discuss my "maintenance goals" today -- SCARY! I'll let you know how that discussion works out...

Have a GREAT weekend!
Old 08-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
would like to join your group...

My name is Diana and I am back to drop this weight (I hate to use the word lose - for I do not want to find this weight again LOL)

I am a diabetic and Atkins is the best way to drop my blood sugar numbers....

weighed in on Sept 11, 2013 at my highest , but have lost 13 pounds since the 11th....

I do water aerobics - try to do it everyday.... but I want to start my walking tape..... I always drop pounds better if I do some walking.

I did one hour and 15 min. of WA this morning..... and feel so good...

I know with support of y'all and I have two friends that also are trying to drop pounds.... and with them and y'all - know that we can do it......

this is not easy.... but I have to do this for my health.. I have three darling little grandchildren.. and I want to be around for a long time for them....

trillex - I love your thought - that Monday always feels like a fresh start - a chance to make this week better than last week...
also I lived in Michigan until 13 years ago when I moved to SC... I lived in Marshall MI.... and my sons live in Battle Creek and Kalamazoo MI... I try to go back there once or twice a year...... great state.....

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
would like to join your group...

My name is Diana and I am back to drop this weight (I hate to use the word lose - for I do not want to find this weight again LOL)

I am a diabetic and Atkins is the best way to drop my blood sugar numbers....

weighed in on Sept 11, 2013 at my highest , but have lost 13 pounds since the 11th....

I do water aerobics - try to do it everyday.... but I want to start my walking tape..... I always drop pounds better if I do some walking.

I did one hour and 15 min. of WA this morning..... and feel so good...

I know with support of y'all and I have two friends that also are trying to drop pounds.... and with them and y'all - know that we can do it......

this is not easy.... but I have to do this for my health.. I have three darling little grandchildren.. and I want to be around for a long time for them....

trillex - I love your thought - that Monday always feels like a fresh start - a chance to make this week better than last week...
also I lived in Michigan until 13 years ago when I moved to SC... I lived in Marshall MI.... and my sons live in Battle Creek and Kalamazoo MI... I try to go back there once or twice a year...... great state.....
Welcome back to low carb, Diana!

When I started, my trainer didn't want me to use the phrase "lose weight." He wanted me to get into the mindset of saying "burn excess fat." I know that sounds kind of silly... But I have always had a very negative opinion about dieting, so my trainer wanted me to stop using negative language when I talk about dieting or exercise. And "lose" is a negative word -- loss is *usually* a bad thing -- but shedding "excess" is a positive idea. It felt really silly to me, at first, but I really do think it helped me stay positive about what I've been trying to do.

I love Michigan, too! It really is a beautiful state. And the people are SO NICE! I'm a native mid-westerner -- so I think I'm a pretty friendly person -- but people in Michigan take friendliness to a whole new level. Everyone you run into always has a kind word to say, even to strangers.

Welcome back! Just stick with your plan and it will pay off over time. You won't just benefit by shedding excess fat, you'll also get stronger and healthier so that you can run around with your grandkids!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

I know I posted a welcome, Diana. Maybe I forgot to hit the submit button. Anyway, welcome! I do water aerobics too. I love it. I'm one of the youngest ones there and the 80 year olds give me a run for my money. They all look really good for their ages. I think it's the exercise.

I haven't been posting because the pool has been closed and I haven't been going to the gym. I feel like a slug.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

trillex - thanks for the welcome.... burn excess fat - I like that..... and yes lose is a bad word just do not want to find again this weight... already with just two weeks into this WOE I am feeling better and sleeping better.

jazlyn - yes - WA is great... I have taken classes for a long time... now I just do it on my own... but sometimes I will stay and do a class.... I like to go to my health club early - like 6am..... and start my day.....

my sister and I went and did 50 min of WA..... felt really good.... will try to do my walking tape this evening..... I just need to do that little extra....to get this weight moving.....

I am very proud of myself... I tend to be a night eater but for the past week... I have not eaten anything after I have dinner... and that is hard for me... but I am doing it.... sometimes I will have a hot cup of tea... that helps...

I just know that I have move as much as I can... when I go to the store... I always park aways from the front door... things like that - I know that it helps..
Old 08-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday! Water aerobics sounds like a lot of fun! Especially since it's supposed to be over 90 degrees here in Chicago today. It's already so HOT!

This is going to sound ridiculous but I swear it's true. I'm going to take a swim class this autumn, in order to *re-orient* myself to the water. I'm from a Caribbean family so I grew up getting into the ocean whenever we visited our family in Puerto Rico. And I've never had problems swimming and floating. But when I went on vacation this summer, I jumped into the water and almost drowned because I couldn't keep my head above water while treading. I even tried going onto my back and doing a backstroke to save myself, and I couldn't figure out how to get my body to float even though laying back in the water has always been the easiest thing in the world to me. It was so WEIRD!

I have honestly never had a problem like this in the past! I can't be sure, but I think it's because my body composition has changed. This summer was the first time I've been in a swimming situation since I started Atkins. And I think I have to *re-learn* how to make my body float now that I have a bit less bodyfat. So I'm going to sign up for a swim class when I return home to Michigan.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

yesterday did not do my WA because they were doing something to the pool... but today I went at 6:30am and did my WA for 50min... felt really good... and I go and sit in the hot tub after my workout.. that is my reward.....

then this evening my BFF called and said that she did the walking tape... so I got up and put mine in and did the one mile.... whew..... soooooo out of shape... I remember the day when I would walk outside for over one hour... those were the good days.. I was young and skinny...

but I really had to do that today... for went out with my two BFF's and we did lunch.. had a black eye pea salad with shrimp - and it had a few slices of fruit... and then I had the Key Lime pie..... and this was the best pie ever... but we do not go there only about every six months.... but I did not eat clean at all today.... but I have eaten clean for about 10 days now... so back on track....

for dinner just had a bowl of chicken broth with alittle bit of onion and turkey meat in it.... and it filled me up.... not used to eating such a big lunch like I did today..... so I knew that I had to do more that just my WA today.....

will try to do my 15 min walking tape every day...and work up to the four mile tape... that will take awhile....
Old 08-28-2013, 05:41 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
yesterday did not do my WA because they were doing something to the pool... but today I went at 6:30am and did my WA for 50min... felt really good... and I go and sit in the hot tub after my workout.. that is my reward.....

then this evening my BFF called and said that she did the walking tape... so I got up and put mine in and did the one mile.... whew..... soooooo out of shape... I remember the day when I would walk outside for over one hour... those were the good days.. I was young and skinny...

but I really had to do that today... for went out with my two BFF's and we did lunch.. had a black eye pea salad with shrimp - and it had a few slices of fruit... and then I had the Key Lime pie..... and this was the best pie ever... but we do not go there only about every six months.... but I did not eat clean at all today.... but I have eaten clean for about 10 days now... so back on track....

for dinner just had a bowl of chicken broth with alittle bit of onion and turkey meat in it.... and it filled me up.... not used to eating such a big lunch like I did today..... so I knew that I had to do more that just my WA today.....

will try to do my 15 min walking tape every day...and work up to the four mile tape... that will take awhile....
It's so AWESOME that your friend motivated you to do your walking tape! My BFF currently lives in California, which is kinda good for my diet plan because we only seem to motivate each other to eat more, not to walk more... HaHa!

Now I remember where I *know* you from, Diana. You were in the Atkins group with Laura and Chelsey and Amber and those girls. That was a great group! I didn't *belong* to the thread, but I followed your posts. You're all such genuinely nice ladies! I'm really happy to see you back! Hopefully, Amber and Chelsey will also return. Laura is still making great progress and she posts every day.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Trillex - yes, that was a great group......

well, my sister and I went and did 45 min of WA this morning..... felt good....
and some good news.... my blood sugar was 97 and I was still at the weight as yesterday... so my big lunch yesterday did not put me back too much... I really thought that my B/S would be really high, but it was ok...... so back on track today...... I know that my WA and my walking tape I did yesterday was what really helped me...

plan on doing my walking tape every day.... it is only about 17 min long... and I was tired from it but I still felt good afterwards.....

I know that I have to just move more..... was a skinny child and young adult, but I was always moving... walking, riding a bike.. etc... just have to move more...

everyone have a great day... love ya all
Old 08-29-2013, 04:25 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
well, my sister and I went and did 45 min of WA this morning..... felt good....
and some good news.... my blood sugar was 97 and I was still at the weight as yesterday... so my big lunch yesterday did not put me back too much... I really thought that my B/S would be really high, but it was ok...... so back on track today...... I know that my WA and my walking tape I did yesterday was what really helped me...
I'm glad you're back on track! Stay strong and you will get SO much stronger!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

back from doing my WA - was in the water one hour and 15 min... worked really hard.... my sister did not go today... and the truth be told... I work harder when I am by myself..... so when I go alone... I really tend to work longer and harder... but I sure wish that she would come more often... she also needs to lose weight... but I do not think she is in that mind-set yet....

she tells me that she wants to lose the weight but she is not doing that much exercise or eating as well as she should... but we all have to get to that place where we are trying to get healthy.....

will, do my walking tape this afternoon... and I will eat very clean today....
yesterday my friend treated me to a early birthday luncheon.... and it was a place where it is not that healthy - but had a turkey sandwich... ate only one half of the bun... and 1/3 of the waffle fries (and the thing I really do not like fries - would of been nice if I could of had fruit or soup with the sandwich... just wish that restaurants would get that idea and let us have some other choices) oh well.... back on track today....

went to my local fresh open market and got a cucumber and cabbage for today....

hope everyone has a great day.......
Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
back from doing my WA - was in the water one hour and 15 min... worked really hard.... my sister did not go today... and the truth be told... I work harder when I am by myself..... so when I go alone... I really tend to work longer and harder... but I sure wish that she would come more often... she also needs to lose weight... but I do not think she is in that mind-set yet....

she tells me that she wants to lose the weight but she is not doing that much exercise or eating as well as she should... but we all have to get to that place where we are trying to get healthy.....

will, do my walking tape this afternoon... and I will eat very clean today....
yesterday my friend treated me to a early birthday luncheon.... and it was a place where it is not that healthy - but had a turkey sandwich... ate only one half of the bun... and 1/3 of the waffle fries (and the thing I really do not like fries - would of been nice if I could of had fruit or soup with the sandwich... just wish that restaurants would get that idea and let us have some other choices) oh well.... back on track today....

went to my local fresh open market and got a cucumber and cabbage for today....

hope everyone has a great day.......
You're doing GREAT with your workouts, Diana!

While I was on vacation, I told servers that I "can't have" bread or breading or potatoes. If they asked "Why?" -- which they rarely asked -- then I would just tell them that I have an allergy. I got some suspicious looks, once or twice, but they always complied with my requests and either substituted a vegetable for the starches or they just brought the plate without the starches on it. Nobody wants to see a patron get sick in a restaurant!

I genuinely consider my diet to be a serious health concern -- just as much as someone who has a nut allergy or celiac. So I don't feel like it's *okay* for a restaurant to serve me foods that are not allowed on my diet. And every restaurant has been fine with my request, even while traveling outside the United States. Restaurants understand that some people can't eat some foods, due to health concerns.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!

yes, I wish more restaurants would offer more sides - not just potatoes etc.
sounds like you did really good on your vacation.....

did my WA early this morning... will have to do my walking tape this afternoon...

have a great day...
Old 09-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

I hope everyone is doing well! I've been off the forum for a bit since classes started back. I've been absolutely SWAMPED with work! But autumn is the perfect walking weather, for me. It's not too hot and not too cold. So on days when I can't make it to the gym, I make sure that I walk a few miles. Walking also helps to keep me from getting too stressed out about all of the work that I need to do. So the time I spend walking is always worth the investment.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 224/186/???
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: November 2012
I have been away from the forums too - haven't had much time for it - but I've still been going to the gym six days a week! Lately it's been the elliptical trainer at level 14 or 15. No Judge Judy in my usual timeslot, though

Glad to see new people in the exercise group! I wish you all success!
biancasteeplechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

well, just got back from doing my WA (there was a WA class in the lap pool - too cold for me - but I did follow the instructor for 20 min...in my warm water pool... plus she had a weight movement that I have not done before... so will add it to my weight plan...) did one hour and 15 min.... feel tired but really good... plus.... after doing three food outings for my b'day..... and gaining some pounds I was four pounds down... today.... so since Aug. 11th I am down 18 pounds.... I got a great whoosh so glad..... I needed that... hate it when I am in a stall... plus my B/S number was 99 this morning.... so doing great on that......

so my first goal is to be down 25 pounds.... so I am close to it..... so will work really hard to eat clean from now on....... and really will do my walking tape.... I guess I am just lazy and do not do it.... plus I sometimes am tired after doing my WA.... but I know that it will help me lose more.......

hope everyone has a great day.... love ya diana