Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/204/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: Atkins 4/12 Nutritional Ketosis 1/13
I'm feeling good, Trillex! You are an inspiration!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
I'm feeling good, Trillex!
I am the Century Club athletes' number one fan! I'm here every day to applaud your accomplishments. You guys are doing so well!
Trillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did my cardio yesterday evening.

Today I did cardio and weight training. Yay me!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:34 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 224/186/???
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: November 2012
I've been out of town - but got in my usual routine on the elliptical on the day I left and the day I returned.
biancasteeplechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Century Club athletes! Spring is springing and, with all of this training, we're all gonna be stunningly sleeveless when the temperature is right!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Just got back from a beautiful walk through the neighborhood -- it was sunny and 60s today, so nice!

It was warm enough to wear shorts over my running tights, instead of long pants, and I realized today that my thighs no longer rub together in a way that pushes up the legs of my shorts in the middle. The last time I wore shorts, I had to pull them down every few minutes. So today was *weird* but it was really nice to be able to just walk without constantly tugging at my clothes. It's funny how I got so accustomed to it that I didn't even consider it a problem until I didn't have to deal with that problem anymore.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay Trillex!

We decided to do the 30 minute circuit training tonight at the gym. I thought it would be fairly easy, but it kicked my tail. I was sweating like crazy!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
We decided to do the 30 minute circuit training tonight at the gym. I thought it would be fairly easy, but it kicked my tail. I was sweating like crazy!
Circuits are killers! I always think they're gonna be easy because my stamina is so much better now, after so many months of working out, but then it hits me like an oncoming train every time. Ha! It feels great when I'm done, though, a total rush.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Happy weekend! I hope you all had a wonderful, healthy week.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gorgeous day in Michigan today! I talked some of my colleagues into going on a 5 mile walk with me down around the river. Then I made them some low-carb cacao protein lattes, with coconut milk, back at my house. I think they all had a lovely time -- at least that's what they told me! Now that the weather is nice, everyone wants to get more fit.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

I got my colleagues out for another walk today -- 5.5 miles around campus. Super fun! They're really getting into the added exercise.

And I served them a lovely, Atkins lunch of fresh tuna steaks, sliced and tossed in a sesame oil and tamari dressing. Sliced avocado with lime juice. And bell pepper slices stuffed with chipotle-spiced cheese. They loved it! I served mocha lattes, made with organic cacao, coconut milk, and a scoop of Isopure Zero Carb.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Glad to see Trillex is keeping the Exercise Group flag flying! Your menu sounds awesome.

Real life has been getting in the way of posting for me, but I've still been getting to the gym for my daily elliptical routine.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Good to see you, Fabulous Bianca!

My life's a bit hectic right now, too. Not bad. Just busy. Honestly, though, the exercise really helps relieve the stress. I'm not sure it's actually hormonal relief from the exertion or if it's just a relief to spend some time each day not thinking about anything except the workout.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have been MIA for a while now. Today was my first day back in the gym in 12 days. My workout buddy went on vacation, I let life get in the way, and then it just gets harder to get back in the swing of things. So glad she's back! Hopefully I will feel better soon. Anxiety attacks have been bad since not exercising.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have been MIA for a while now. Today was my first day back in the gym in 12 days. My workout buddy went on vacation, I let life get in the way, and then it just gets harder to get back in the swing of things. So glad she's back! Hopefully I will feel better soon. Anxiety attacks have been bad since not exercising.
You're glad she's back and I'm glad YOU are back! I feel like you, Bianca and I have gotten the band back together just in time for a summer tour. HaHa!

By the way, if we decide to form a CC Exercise Group band, I vote we do it classic Guns N' Roses style, combining spandex and leather in hideous yet strangely compelling ways...
Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
By the way, if we decide to form a CC Exercise Group band, I vote we do it classic Guns N' Roses style, combining spandex and leather in hideous yet strangely compelling ways...
Oh yeah!!! I love it.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

I made the mistake of mentioning to my trainer that my inner thighs and outer hips weren't quite as *curvy* as I would like. So he had a surprise workout planned for me today. We usually do military-style outdoor tabata on Fridays, which I find quite taxing. But oh boy! Today he brought ROLLER SKATES! I haven't been on roller skates since I was, probably, 8 years old. And I don't remember them being as much of a challenge for my hips and thighs and calves as they were today.

So we were out in a parking lot, with me doing boxing arm drills while I ROLLER SKATED. Ha! I wish I had video to share because it was comedy gold! I'm not actually *great* at the boxing drills even when I'm on solid ground, so this was hilarious. I was an avid skateboarder until college, so I would have felt more comfortable on a board, but I did my best! I didn't fall down, which I'm quite proud of. But I'm sure I looked as awkward as I felt.

For what it's worth, I definitely felt my thighs and hips working.

I hope you all had a great week!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

So, Trillex, how are your thighs feeling today? Because if I tried a skating workout, I think I'd spend the next day groaning every time I had to use the stairs.

While I don't have a lot to report on the workout front (thirty minutes on the elliptical today! setting 13! no Judge Judy, 'cause it's Saturday!) I did get a shock when I stepped on the scale. My weight's been hovering around 198-197 for a couple of weeks, but today, it had dropped to 190. I stepped on twice to make sure I was seeing what I thought it was seeing.

I ... guess ... I was losing weight but retaining a comparable amount of water? It felt suspicious, though, like an ATM giving you an extra twenty.

And I just met a friend of a friend who lifts weights - and she's hoping to be a competitive bodybuilder next year! And she's looking for a workout partner! I don't know if we'll be able to synch up our schedules, but it would be awesome to get lifting tips from someone who doesn't say "oh, women shouldn't lift more than ten pounds, they'll get all gross."
Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would have loved to have seen that, Trilex!

Bianca, WOW, on the loss!

I managed to get in three workout days this week. I am aiming for five this next week. We shall see
Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancasteeplechase View Post
So, Trillex, how are your thighs feeling today? Because if I tried a skating workout, I think I'd spend the next day groaning every time I had to use the stairs.

While I don't have a lot to report on the workout front (thirty minutes on the elliptical today! setting 13! no Judge Judy, 'cause it's Saturday!) I did get a shock when I stepped on the scale. My weight's been hovering around 198-197 for a couple of weeks, but today, it had dropped to 190. I stepped on twice to make sure I was seeing what I thought it was seeing.

I ... guess ... I was losing weight but retaining a comparable amount of water? It felt suspicious, though, like an ATM giving you an extra twenty.

And I just met a friend of a friend who lifts weights - and she's hoping to be a competitive bodybuilder next year! And she's looking for a workout partner! I don't know if we'll be able to synch up our schedules, but it would be awesome to get lifting tips from someone who doesn't say "oh, women shouldn't lift more than ten pounds, they'll get all gross."
This is honestly the best update I've ever read! I put my hands together and gave you a round of applause. Not just for the big scale drop, but also for sticking with your plan and staying positive. And I'm SO excited for you to workout with a friend who's getting into bodybuilding! That will be so much fun for you both! I'm so happy and excited for you.

You're absolutely right about the effects of roller skating. I was so sore yesterday -- mostly in the area where the thighs join the hips -- I felt like I'd been attacked. HooBoy!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I managed to get in three workout days this week. I am aiming for five this next week. We shall see
That's great! It sounds like you and your gym buddy are doing a great job of keeping each other on track.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Another day, another thirty minutes on the elliptical! Planning to add some weight training soon and see how it affects my shoulder (I have a slowly-healing rotator cuff problem).

And we're starting to get into biking weather out here, so it's time to get my derriere used to the bike saddle all over again.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
I have been MIA for a while too. I went to visit my mother for 2 weeks and didn't exercize once. We did a lot of work on my brother's place so we could sell it and I felt it, especially in my arms.

I started back to water aerobics and the gym. I feel so much better.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Go Jazlyn go!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancasteeplechase View Post
And we're starting to get into biking weather out here, so it's time to get my derriere used to the bike saddle all over again.
I'm so jealous! I see people cycling and it looks like so much fun. But I can never make it more than a block or two before I'm walking back home, pushing the bike in total defeat. Maybe I'll have better luck now that I've lost a few pounds...
Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazlyn View Post
I have been MIA for a while too. I went to visit my mother for 2 weeks and didn't exercize once. We did a lot of work on my brother's place so we could sell it and I felt it, especially in my arms.

I started back to water aerobics and the gym. I feel so much better.
Way to go, Jazlyn!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Raphaelalava
Stats: 245/230/180
Start Date: May 8 2013
I'm gonna get back on my swim and cycle routine as soon as my ear infection clears out.
Cheers guys!
Raphaelalava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphaelalava View Post
I'm gonna get back on my swim and cycle routine as soon as my ear infection clears out.
Cheers guys!
That sounds great! Do you swim outside? Or an indoor pool? I'm imagining you cycling to the beach and swimming there. Which sounds amazing!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Just back from a 3+ mile bike around the neighborhood - I've learned from bitter experience that it's best to start small when I'm getting back in the saddle.

And of course there will be elliptical tonight. Perhaps even Judge Judy!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love love swimming Raph!!

We kicked some booty tonight! We did the STAIRS! Thought I would die but I made it! Yay me.