Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Bread is not good for us.
Hey, I called my grandmas baba, too

Bread is a staple in the old country. There was not breakfast, lunch, or dinner without some kind of bread product. We bought bread daily, that's how much of it was eaten. Yet everyone around me was and still is skinny. I just don't know why I was not tolerant to it, obviously

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 03-31-2013 at 01:19 PM..
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #2702
Way too much time on my hands!

Well, state business taxes are filed and paid. Phew! Now off to a round of cooking for next week.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #2703
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, I had my Easter on Saturday because of time. On Easter Sunday, we have sunrise services at 7:00, the men of the church cook breakfast (bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, and all kinds of sweets), we have Sunday School, and then regular worship. We don't get home until after 12:00. My DIL's mother likes to have her Easter egg hunt at 2:00. That doesn't leave any time to throw the food at the kids and hunt Easter eggs. By doing it the day before, we have a more relaxing day and it is not so overwhelming to the little ones.

Melinda, sorry about sonny boy not getting into the college of his choice.

Lony, that boquet is so cute.

My colored devil eggs were very popular with my littlest one. She ate 6. She also instructed everyone not to eat any of the pink ones.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #2704

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, I had my Easter on Saturday because of time. On Easter Sunday, we have sunrise services at 7:00, the men of the church cook breakfast (bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, and all kinds of sweets), we have Sunday School, and then regular worship. We don't get home until after 12:00. My DIL's mother likes to have her Easter egg hunt at 2:00. That doesn't leave any time to throw the food at the kids and hunt Easter eggs. By doing it the day before, we have a more relaxing day and it is not so overwhelming to the little ones.

My colored devil eggs were very popular with my littlest one. She ate 6. She also instructed everyone not to eat any of the pink ones.
sounds like she really liked them!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #2705
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Happy Easter everyone...............

Melinda - welcome back. Feel badly for your ds, but as you said, this is a learning experience too, life throws curve balls at us all the time and we need to deal with them. He's going to do just fine though - he's smart, will figure it out. I sure hope the job happens for him.

Deb - it isnt sciatic is it? I'm dealing with that now. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting on the heating pad as I type this. Very uncomfortable - been about 4 days now, just wish it would go away.

Chewie - the info on Easter was really interesting, thanks for posting it. As usual, your dinner sounds delish. Sure hope your father is ok. Older folks should not 'tough it out' when it comes to colds anymore. Goes into pneumonia too easily. Just read an article on seniors - that the older you get your immunity is less. Here I thought it was just the opposite.

Eliza - omg the picture you posted of all the dishes from your past - and the dishes - just beautiful. You know - when you think about it - bread is such a staple - why does it have to be a no-no for us with carb problems? Something doen't seem right about that in my book. It is what it is though, right? sigh...........love, love bread too.

Lony - now Mswalkaroundalot - and great big kudos to you on that. Going to have to get poor little Fred's feed re-treaded. Tell me your average day of eating/shakes - what kind, etc. Size 18, I'm surprised you aren't still whooping for joy. Just great - keep it up. Your flower arrangement/Easter bunny jelly beans was beautiful - so colorful and cheerful.

Sue - your day with the grandkids sounds so nice. You and they are very fortunate for all the 'good memories' you are making for them. Bet you had a fun time - and then the clean up. But, it's all worth it.

Lucky - I liked what you said about your Granny - reminded me of my grandma too. Seems like when we do big cooking like the holidays, so many memories are brought up - love reading about everyones history. This is a busy weekend for you - but a good busy and tired.

We had the traditional ham, mac/ch, gr beans, swedish cukes (thanks Lony), deviled eggs, rolls and everyone had a chocolate bunny rabbit..........was a nice day.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #2706
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
the colors in this are just too gorgeous............love purples/yellows - lol - thus my passion for pansies....thanks Deb.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #2707

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
hi Linda! glad you liked the picture doo you like the little pansy called johnny jump up? those are my favorites

no it isn't sciatica but man that HURTS too this is more of an all over ache and the asprin has eased it some

glad you had a good day!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #2708

Hi Linda,
Yummmmmmmm, everything you had sounds so delicious

How have you been? I've been dealing with some back problems and you've been on my mind . How are your back and legs/knees? Have you found anything that helps?

How is the weather up there in the DC area?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #2709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Greetings, Everybody! Hope you all had a very Happy Easter. It was a gorgeous day here yet very busy. Btwn cooking, church, Easter dinner with friends......A great day. Going to go back to see if I can catch up on you ladies.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #2710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annett!!!Good to see you posting again!

Lony, very professional looking flower arrangement! I made a simpler one with some peeps as a hostess gift along with some wine. I also took homemade cupcakes and chocolate dipped marshamallow chicks and salad. Congrats on the new skirt size.

Wow, Lucky, awesome sounding foods you made!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #2711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Hello everyone.. back and in time to say Happy Easter...I ate like 10 pigs...and lost a few bucks...and the Deli Sandwich I looked forward to having.. after my sister in law raved about it....was one of the worst sandwiches I have ever eaten...27.99 for the sandwich!!! wasn't worth 5 bucks.. it was dry and blecky and thank goodness they picked up that tab.. but I did get my RARE PRIME RIB!! I toasted Lony and Sue.. with the more done part of it!!! and the next day for lunch.. I ordered from the Chinese menu. and had an order of Udon noodles with combo of all the meats...Udon is thicker noodles and OMG super duper delicious...and then polished it off with triple brownie ice cream....

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND...and I am PMS'ing to the max here.. no TOM which is good but Cramps came with me..so my son called me at 11am yesterday morning, he had gotten the mail and he was rejected by USC...and boy my heart was just aching because of his sadness... I am not being dramatic.. but you can understand.. so I cried when he told me.. (THANKS PMS)....ironically the only thing that saved his sanity was that his circle of friends were rejected as well..Daniel has a 4.2 GPA and a 33 on his ACT score.. so I guess that made him feel better...so of course Mom and Dad went to a sport's shop there.. we had her husband come and we followed him there... and I bought my son a Baltimore Raven's T shirt...then we got up at 5:30 this morning, we were all packed and gased up... so we left for home.. and made it home around 10:30.. and we returned the rental car...so instead of 149.99 it cost us 75 bucks.. not bad, right??? so I am going to take the savings from that car and run with hubs to Big Lots.. and see if they still have that standing fan.. for the summer here...and that's it!!!!

Missed you guys.. did you miss me?? LOL!!
Melinda!!Glad you made it back safely. Yay Prime Rib!! Course I would have to have medium rare....or maybe medium...... So sorry sonny boy did not get USC. I know you have mixed feelings about it. So is he going to go to the school that offered him so much financial incentive? I have a standing fan in my bedroom and my kids all do in theirs as well. Course we have a two story and it can be really cold on the first floor and much warmer upstairs. Did you get the fan?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #2712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So,as an aside and I know that I mentioned this earlier but....you know we have had this gorgeous weather but you may not know that they are predicting snow tomorrow! Ha! My son said, "Wait, what if all the weathermen in town are in collusion for a big April Fool joke with talk of snow?"
Old 03-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #2713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
OMG I would so chow on a gatlic / parm pizza. I am only 600 steps away from gettin 15,000 steps today
What?!!!!How did you get that many steps? What are you doing with yourself? I know you can't be logging that many pacing in the trailer!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #2714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Easter was my mom's favorite holiday. I used to always bake poppyseed and nut rolls and babka every year and she would get so excited. My recipe for the stuffed rolls takes 3 days to make as you make a sourcream dough one day, the fillings the next day and then stuff and bake the third day. It was a lot of work but she so loved them. I was thinking of her this morning and it made me cry.
Oh, I am sorry it made you cry. Memories can be so bittersweet at times. That bread sure does sound like a lot of work!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #2715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Chews, we always cook lamb with fresh spinach on Easter, it's a tradition. Color eggs and make kozunak, which is a kind of a braided bread, like hallah (sp) bread or something.... Homemade is really good, still remember grandma and my great aunt making it.....

And just out of nostalgia, an image of a traditional Bulgarian table in traditional pottery:
Gorgeous looking bread, Eliza!! Wow! I can do drop biscuits, LOL. I wanted some of those dishes you showed but they are super expensive here! Ukranian and Bulgarian ancestors you and Chewie, eh? Wish we could get together and eat some of those ancestral foods of yours and Chewies!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #2716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

The men cook on Easter no less?! Wow, that is awesome!!! Sounds like you have had a good weekend.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:58 AM   #2717

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday! Hope we all have a happy, healthy, successful week!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #2718

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:

Sounds like a great plan. I colored the deviled eggs too and they were also popular. MIL and my dad liked them and laughed. DH made a stuffing with crabmeat and they were so creamy and delicious. I had 2!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #2719

Good morning. I hope everyone had a great Easter. I don't know how to start a thread but someone needs to do an April one.

I'm at work. Bleck! I'm hoping my boss doesn't show up since he was so busy yesterday---3 services, breakfast and an Easter egg hunt. Hopefully he'll stay home. LOL
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #2720

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
UGH! Good morning.,,,I feel like crap today! Thankfully for us its spring break....I spent the entire day yesterday arguing with sonny boy.....think I am going to take an aspirin..

Chewie I saw that Giada DeLawrentis make devil eggs with crab meat....looked so good.
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #2721

Linda--sounds like you are doing well. Sorry about the sciatica. I had that when I was pregnant with my second son. It was terrible. I went to a chiropractor and it helped a lot.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:57 AM   #2722

Quote:
UGH! Good morning.,,,I feel like crap today! Thankfully for us its spring break....I spent the entire day yesterday arguing with sonny boy.....think I am going to take an aspirin..

Chewie I saw that Giada DeLawrentis make devil eggs with crab meat....looked so good.
Oh no, Melinda. What were you arguing about?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 AM   #2723

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
So,as an aside and I know that I mentioned this earlier but....you know we have had this gorgeous weather but you may not know that they are predicting snow tomorrow! Ha! My son said, "Wait, what if all the weathermen in town are in collusion for a big April Fool joke with talk of snow?"
Old 04-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #2724

My son said that his counselor told him since he wants to go to USC so badly he should go to .junior college and he may have a chance if transferring....all I said was oh god....so he proceeds to accuse me of being rude and not letting him finish....I can't even breathe when he talks or else I am being rude.,...when my son gets an idea in his head, you had better not present the cons to him.....and yet if I say come here I need to talk to you...I have to wait till he gets a drink, takes off his jacket....wait till his show is over.....and then add PMS to the mix..but I told him, having a conversation is 2 people not 1...,otherwise talk to the wall....
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #2725
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
My son said that his counselor told him since he wants to go to USC so badly he should go to .junior college and he may have a chance if transferring....all I said was oh god....so he proceeds to accuse me of being rude and not letting him finish....I can't even breathe when he talks or else I am being rude.,...when my son gets an idea in his head, you had better not present the cons to him.....and yet if I say come here I need to talk to you...I have to wait till he gets a drink, takes off his jacket....wait till his show is over.....and then add PMS to the mix..but I told him, having a conversation is 2 people not 1...,otherwise talk to the wall....
I think that is a great idea...is a junior college a two year college?...like a community college.

Hope every had a happy Easter Sunday.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #2726

Oh Melinda---my ds has a girlfriend(sort of) and she is Miss Drama. She was away this weekend in Dallas and as far as I knew, everything was fine. Last night at the dinner table my dh teased him and said something about his "school wife." I thought ds's head was going to explode. If looks could kill, my dh would have been dead. It was so sudden and crazy. Kids!!!!! Drama!!!! They are too much. Sorry your ds is being difficult but I think that's almost normal for teenagers these days.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #2727

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines!
It is a beautiful day, the sun is out, the birds are singing. I forgot to wear my fitbit yesterday so I am going to have to make up for it today.
Week two of my new plan and I am down another three pounds! Slow progress, but progress none the less.

it sounds like everyone had a nice Easter. Melinda you can't talk to teenagers they know everything. and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you tell him to go to a junior college first?
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #2728

Hi Lynn. What did you do for Easter?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #2729

Well Lonykins, I am MOM....so right now I am always wrong.grrrr

Chewie. That is so weird about your son. Because 2 weeks after my son broke up with his girlfriend....hubs asked him.....how she was doing.....and not only did my hubs get that same look, but he got a rude remark with it...

Ladies no wonder why we get wrinkles and gray hair....

Lynn. Yes 2 years....
Old 04-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #2730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines!
It is a beautiful day, the sun is out, the birds are singing. I forgot to wear my fitbit yesterday so I am going to have to make up for it today.
Week two of my new plan and I am down another three pounds! Slow progress, but progress none the less.

it sounds like everyone had a nice Easter. Melinda you can't talk to teenagers they know everything. and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you tell him to go to a junior college first?
Fantastic results and you are doing so great on your walking. Did you go to your new friend's for dinner?