LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #2581
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i got good news Steven's college classes are canceled tomorrow becuase of good friday so i can drive Ken to the doc!!
That's good.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #2582

Good morning. Wow, we are having some heavy rain storms and lightning/thunder too.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #2583

Dh and I were going to meet today to get me that eyelet dress I saw on Old Navy's commercial. They don't have it in plus size. Oh well, it's supposed to rain on Sunday anyway so I'll just wear pants to church. Plus I don't want to drive in these heavy storms to meet him for lunch. He's a tad upset but he'll get over it.

So what's for dinner tonight? I'm making the boys meatza and regular lc pizza for me. I might make some lc breadsticks and sauce too.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #2584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
I hope everyone has a "Good Friday".

Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #2585

Wow---sure is quiet around here.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #2586
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I took off work at noon to get ready for my Easter dinner tomorrow evening. I have colored 2 dozen eggs to make deviled eggs. They look so pretty. I had never thought to dye the white instead of the shell. I have cooked navy beans to make baked beans. I also made a broccoli and cauliflower salad, and made a banana pudding poke cake. I am waiting on the loin to thaw so I can marinate it. Has anyone ever tried the Ragu cheese sauce for mac and cheese? I always use Velvetta, but I found the Ragu for $1.68. I thought that was cheaper than the Velvetta and a lot easier. I need to get my list out and see what I have forgotten to do. I still need to hem my pants to wear Sunday. I got them cut off this morning and pinned up before I headed to work.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #2587
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352/308/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/05/2013
Happy Good Friday All!!!

WOW! Work was INSANE! Every call was like.... I'm leaving to go out of town this afternoon...my dog/cat needs....now! LOL We were booked solid and had A LOT of work-ins. I feel like I ran a marathon!!!!!

Chewie - YUM! Pizza sounds great. I always had a little trouble coming up with a good crust.

Do you all have a good Pizza recipe? I saw the one on You Tube from Bowolf but...I am afraid of all that cheese. LOL I guess I have to retrain myself that I am doing Low Carb, not low fat...I have such a hard time with that.

I hope ya'll had a wonderful day - we got lucky out here in Oregon 70 something and sunshine. Very unusual but I'll take it!

So...I did all my Easter shopping the other day at Walgreens. I had coupons and rewards points and ended up only paying $1. Then today I realized I forgot to buy the MOST important things.... EGGS and EGG DYE! LOL..but when I opened my mail box...I had a Walgreens rebate card sitting in it...so I guess I am off to Walgreens to get those so I can get them without paying out of pocket...since ...my pocket is empty LOL.

The college thing... I talked to my fiancé (the one in Canada) he told me to just sign up for the 10 credit hours and he will help me pay for them. I need 10 cr hrs with a better than 2.0 GPA to get my financial aid back. So, I'm glad he's gonna help! Hopefully he will come through all the way for me. So I BETTER pass those classes and get my FA back for Summer!

Anyway - off to Walgreens and then to pick up one of my kids from daycare (the other is in WA visiting her dad).

take care....

I shall Return! HA!

>>Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #2588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I took off work at noon to get ready for my Easter dinner tomorrow evening. I have colored 2 dozen eggs to make deviled eggs. They look so pretty. I had never thought to dye the white instead of the shell. I have cooked navy beans to make baked beans. I also made a broccoli and cauliflower salad, and made a banana pudding poke cake. I am waiting on the loin to thaw so I can marinate it. Has anyone ever tried the Ragu cheese sauce for mac and cheese? I always use Velvetta, but I found the Ragu for $1.68. I thought that was cheaper than the Velvetta and a lot easier. I need to get my list out and see what I have forgotten to do. I still need to hem my pants to wear Sunday. I got them cut off this morning and pinned up before I headed to work.
What time is dinner lucky????? Sounds really good!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #2589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Happy Good Friday All!!!

WOW! Work was INSANE! Every call was like.... I'm leaving to go out of town this afternoon...my dog/cat needs....now! LOL We were booked solid and had A LOT of work-ins. I feel like I ran a marathon!!!!!

Chewie - YUM! Pizza sounds great. I always had a little trouble coming up with a good crust.

Do you all have a good Pizza recipe? I saw the one on You Tube from Bowolf but...I am afraid of all that cheese. LOL I guess I have to retrain myself that I am doing Low Carb, not low fat...I have such a hard time with that.

I hope ya'll had a wonderful day - we got lucky out here in Oregon 70 something and sunshine. Very unusual but I'll take it!

So...I did all my Easter shopping the other day at Walgreens. I had coupons and rewards points and ended up only paying $1. Then today I realized I forgot to buy the MOST important things.... EGGS and EGG DYE! LOL..but when I opened my mail box...I had a Walgreens rebate card sitting in it...so I guess I am off to Walgreens to get those so I can get them without paying out of pocket...since ...my pocket is empty LOL.

The college thing... I talked to my fiancé (the one in Canada) he told me to just sign up for the 10 credit hours and he will help me pay for them. I need 10 cr hrs with a better than 2.0 GPA to get my financial aid back. So, I'm glad he's gonna help! Hopefully he will come through all the way for me. So I BETTER pass those classes and get my FA back for Summer!

Anyway - off to Walgreens and then to pick up one of my kids from daycare (the other is in WA visiting her dad).

take care....

I shall Return! HA!

>>Annett
Annett....Go over to Linda Sue's LC recipes. She has a good thin crust one that she now claims is her new favorite. I made it a few weeks back and we really enjoyed it.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #2590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know about anyone else but my feet are yapping at me tonight. I have been up on them most of the day. I got the cookies baked and they are ready for the little ones to come and decorate them tomorrow morning. I also made the bunny cake. It is sitting in my fridge waiting patiently for Sunday dinner. It turned out cute. Tomorrow I'll let the kids add some stuff around the bunny.
We are going to our son's for dinner Sunday so I am one HAPPY mama!!!!!!! No mess or cooking at my house!!!

Last edited by Oksue; 03-29-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #2591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x79/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
So where's the Sue's LC recipe for the thin crust?

and wow Annette way for your fiancé to step up. Now get a skate class and ace it
webcrystal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #2592
Major LCF Poster!

Come on over, Sue. I always fix way too much. We used to make fun of my granny. She would say "I didn't fix much. Do you want me to pass the mashed potatoes, hash browns, potatoe casserole, or sweet potatoes." She married my granddaddy when he was 75, but I think her blood courses through my veins.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #2593

Hi all. Still quiet. I guess Lony's internet is out, Melinda is gone, Deb was gone all day with Ken. KC???? Eliza???? Mona???? Too quiet.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #2594

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
hi girls! Look at what I can do when I have tons of time on my hands! Now I just need to make a habit of doing it everyday.

Lucky save me a spot at the kids table I'll be there with bells on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC20130329-184223.jpg (18.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Lony; 03-29-2013 at 08:12 PM..
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #2595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Saturday morning all!!!!
lucky....I'm known to be that way with side dishes. I always seem to have lots of side dishes such as salads and veggies. LOL

Here is the pizza recipe from Linda Sue. THIN AND CRISPY PIZZA CRUST - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Lony.....smarty pants tracking all those walking miles!! I swear if I had tracked miles walking in my kitchen yesterday I would have had a bunch also!

Everything is done in the kitchen except for watching and enjoying grand kids make a mess decorating cookies today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #2596
Major LCF Poster!

Lony, you don't have to sit at the kids table. I got a new dining room table, and I didn't have to put one leaf in because it is too long.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #2597

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Hello All

I'm back. I fell off the bandwagon with life throwing curve balls I had to take care of.

I went from Atkins to Weight Watchers because I wanted some pasta and bread in my life...but it totally backfired and I gained weight on weight watchers even though I was really good. I hit my all time high so I took a hard look at myself and told myself to go back to Atkins and here I am. 2 weeks now....back down 12 lbs but its a long road ahead.

I went back to school too but had to cut my work hours because my kids were going stir crazy because I was always busy with something...plus my eldest may have Aspbergers I just found out...not a definite diagnosis but..that is what the counselor is thinking...more evaluations to come..

So broke as ever I decided that I must make Atkins work.....and that's that. Its the only thing that has ever worked. I want this weight gone!!

I didn't get a chance to go back and read all the posts I missed.... but I hope you welcome me back.

Chewie - So sorry about Spike - bearded dragons are pretty cool little critters.

I hope everyone has been well.

>>Annett
Annett,

Welcome back! So nice to see you here!

Glad you are back on track!

Just wanted to say thanks so very much for the Advantage you sent me for Blaze and Vanilla back in September. It is much, much appreciated. Took care of those pesky fleas. I was getting my ducks in order to send you a thank you card when my DH in cleaning frenzy "recycled" your envelope and that was that... Couldn't find it. At that point, you had stopped coming here. Blaze is now a really big kitty and is doing really well. He recently got fixed.

Congrats on your 12 lbs lost. I don't know why, but I was always hungry on WW.....maybe because of all the carbs I could eat. The less fat in something to help carbs load slower in my bloodstream, the less points it was. So you can guess what happened....

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - 887, and over 2,057,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #2598

Hi girlies, sorry for the absence, it's been a crazy week. Lots of stress and long hours. Our first and second big state assessments are on the 2nd and the 3rd, so it's been long stressful hours at work.

How are everyone's preparations for Easter? I'm keeping mine LC with no dessert. As Lony knows, I ate one of those giant Costco banana-chocolate muffins yesterday and almost fell into a sugar coma......lol
Old 03-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #2599

Good morning sunshines!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #2600
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x79/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try it with my son as well - he's gluten free (and well he can use some lower carb as well as he has hyperinsulinemia like I do).
webcrystal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #2601

Good morning. Gray and rainy today. I set the alarm for 7 for dh but I stayed in bed snoozing till 8. Just had my coffee and I'm going to shower. DS14 and I are running errands today.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #2602

Later we are coloring eggs and frosting the carrot cake cheesecake. I have tons of leftover meats from this week so I think it's enchilada night here. I have the braised beef, roast chicken and some carnita pork too.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #2603

Hey girls I've been busy today I went shopping again I bought a new skirt and
it's a size 18 I'm so excited!

I also made this Easter flower arrangement it was so fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-03-30 11.56.23.jpg (52.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 03-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #2604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post

Looks pretty. When you go to your friend's house, drop some jelly beans in the toilet, and leave a note from the Easter Bunny saying "Sorry I forgot to flush."
Old 03-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #2605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post

Very cute.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #2606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Looks pretty. When you go to your friend's house, drop some jelly beans in the toilet, and leave a note from the Easter Bunny saying "Sorry I forgot to flush."
Old 03-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #2607

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #2608

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Hello everyone.. back and in time to say Happy Easter...I ate like 10 pigs...and lost a few bucks...and the Deli Sandwich I looked forward to having.. after my sister in law raved about it....was one of the worst sandwiches I have ever eaten...27.99 for the sandwich!!! wasn't worth 5 bucks.. it was dry and blecky and thank goodness they picked up that tab.. but I did get my RARE PRIME RIB!! I toasted Lony and Sue.. with the more done part of it!!! and the next day for lunch.. I ordered from the Chinese menu. and had an order of Udon noodles with combo of all the meats...Udon is thicker noodles and OMG super duper delicious...and then polished it off with triple brownie ice cream....

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND...and I am PMS'ing to the max here.. no TOM which is good but Cramps came with me..so my son called me at 11am yesterday morning, he had gotten the mail and he was rejected by USC...and boy my heart was just aching because of his sadness... I am not being dramatic.. but you can understand.. so I cried when he told me.. (THANKS PMS)....ironically the only thing that saved his sanity was that his circle of friends were rejected as well..Daniel has a 4.2 GPA and a 33 on his ACT score.. so I guess that made him feel better...so of course Mom and Dad went to a sport's shop there.. we had her husband come and we followed him there... and I bought my son a Baltimore Raven's T shirt...then we got up at 5:30 this morning, we were all packed and gased up... so we left for home.. and made it home around 10:30.. and we returned the rental car...so instead of 149.99 it cost us 75 bucks.. not bad, right??? so I am going to take the savings from that car and run with hubs to Big Lots.. and see if they still have that standing fan.. for the summer here...and that's it!!!!

Missed you guys.. did you miss me?? LOL!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #2609

Hi Deb!

Melindapoo I am glad you had fun, and I am really sorry about Sonny Boy!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #2610

Melindochka, welcome back!

So sorry to hear about USC

Standing fan with big dogs may be tricky. Have you thought of ceiling fans? We have them in every room here in TX, really help with the heat.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 03-30-2013 at 01:06 PM..