Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #2461
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I've been working on my Easter menu. I can't decide if I want to make a carrot cake or a carrot cake cheesecake. Which would you prefer? They are both low carb.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #2462

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I have not made that strawb cake. I think if you cut the cake and then poured on the liquid and frosted it, it will be fine. I would definitely put foil under your cake edges to keep them clean. Then after frosting, pull them out.
Really? It has been my experience when you put a liquid on a cut cake they just tend to get mushy and fall apart.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #2463

Oh--I forgot to tell you but our bearded dragon, Spike, died yesterday. DS14 and I were crying and it was awful. We've had him for 6 years. I cried my eyes out---so sad. DS14 and DS18 buried him in the backyard in one of my shoeboxes.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #2464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Really? It has been my experience when you put a liquid on a cut cake they just tend to get mushy and fall apart.
I think if she is careful not to put the holes too close to the cut edges, it should be ok. Also, put in the frig to set before frosting it.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #2465

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Oh--I forgot to tell you but our bearded dragon, Spike, died yesterday. DS14 and I were crying and it was awful. We've had him for 6 years. I cried my eyes out---so sad. DS14 and DS18 buried him in the backyard in one of my shoeboxes.
sorry.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #2466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
sorry.
Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #2467
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Sorry, Chewie. They steal our hearts, don't they?
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Sorry, Chewie. They steal our hearts, don't they?
Yes, they sure do and I was afraid of him. lol But it still broke my heart when he died.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #2469
Major LCF Poster!

Not my choice of a pet, but they still tug at your heart strings. Kind of like the evil MIL.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #2470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
I've been working on my Easter menu. I can't decide if I want to make a carrot cake or a carrot cake cheesecake. Which would you prefer? They are both low carb.
I've made the LC carrot before and it was yummy!! Of course.....I am always up for a cheese cake!!! I most likely would choose the cheese cake just because I am a cheese cake fan. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #2471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So sorry......our grand son has one of those. He got it last year. 6 yrs. is a long time for a pet. It is always so sad to lose a pet. It hurts seeing our kids hurt also.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #2472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
So sorry......our grand son has one of those. He got it last year. 6 yrs. is a long time for a pet. It is always so sad to lose a pet. It hurts seeing our kids hurt also.
Yes, that was the worst part. My younger ds doesn't cry much and when he does it just kills me.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #2473

Quote:
I've made the LC carrot before and it was yummy!! Of course.....I am always up for a cheese cake!!! I most likely would choose the cheese cake just because I am a cheese cake fan. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
I can't decide so I think I'll give the choice to my dh. I can't really eat any dessert now so no biggie for me.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #2474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chewie.....so let's hear it. The Easter menu at Chef Chewie's house!! Maybe you will inspire and give the rest of us an idea.
I know I am baking a ham with a wonderful glaze.
I am looking at a recipe for green beans. It's called Arkansas green beans.
I can't decide on the type of potatoes.
Decisions.....Decisions.....Decisions!!!

I am having 3 of the older grand kids over Sat. to make and decorate sugar cookies. I bought a Easter egg shaped cookie cutter and a bunny head one. That should be fun and keep them entertained. I think I will go ahead and have the cookies baked and ready to decorate. That will save a bunch of time.

Oh Deb.....I am on my way to the crafty room to try my hand at making some doll flip flops! Wish me luck!!

Melinda.....you need to get in that office and write!!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #2475

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Sue!! I am going in just a few...I was polishing off a chocolate hazelnut bar..,.it was my valentines day chocolate....I was saving it for my trip tomorrow.....being I am a mooooooo cow.....I couldn't resist....

My goodness just packing my toiletries and bling has taken me close to 2 friggen hours....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #2476
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun Melinda, and relax.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #2477

Chewie....I am a deli girl to the bone....my sister in law said since its Passover...she is going to have fish and Matzoh Brei..,which is matzoh broken up and basically fried with eggs......BLECKO! Have at that! I love corned beef anything.....but I also love the deli dinners.....with some beef barley soup....chopped liver.....brisket and potato pancake.....but then tomorrow night,,,,,I am finally having my prime rib that I missed the last 4 times.....due to sister in law making our itinerary....But then we have plans to see the new mob museum...winning a jackpot NOT! I pray....
Old 03-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #2478

Thanks Lucky.

Morning Ladies..

Today is the day sonny boy hears from USC.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #2479

My Easter menu is basically the same every year. My family is big on traditions. The only difference is this year it is mainly low carb. I usually have potatoes and dinner rolls but this year, it will be lc bread of some kind along with:
Herring in wine sauce
pate w/lc crackers
Deviled eggs
Goat cheese truffles
ham
kielbasi
creamed spinach
asparagus
lc biscuits/bread
antipasto salad
fruit salad
carrot cake or cheesecake
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #2480

I love Herring with the cream sauce....it's been so long..
Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #2481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Chewie. I am such an hick. I have never had a lot of those items.
Never had:
Herring, let alone in wine sauce!
goat cheese truffles
antipasto salad
pate?? Not for sure.

Those are NOT your typical Arkansas recipes!!!! LOL I'm sure it is wonderful.
I have this funny cookbook called White Trash Cooking. It has a recipe in it for Possum!! OMG
Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #2482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/351.5/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hello All

I'm back. I fell off the bandwagon with life throwing curve balls I had to take care of.

I went from Atkins to Weight Watchers because I wanted some pasta and bread in my life...but it totally backfired and I gained weight on weight watchers even though I was really good. I hit my all time high so I took a hard look at myself and told myself to go back to Atkins and here I am. 2 weeks now....back down 12 lbs but its a long road ahead.

I went back to school too but had to cut my work hours because my kids were going stir crazy because I was always busy with something...plus my eldest may have Aspbergers I just found out...not a definite diagnosis but..that is what the counselor is thinking...more evaluations to come..

So broke as ever I decided that I must make Atkins work.....and that's that. Its the only thing that has ever worked. I want\ this weight gone!!

I didn't get a chance to go back and read all the posts I missed.... but I hope you welcome me back.

Chewie - So sorry about Spike - bearded dragons are pretty cool little critters.

I hope everyone has been well.

>>Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #2483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hmmm, it's time to find a new avatar. St. Patrick's Day dog is getting a little stale.
Suggestion? June is flag day - July Independence Day - a lil red/white/blue cap and/or heart? He's so cute - or are you wanting a whole different look?

You still playing your game? I used to - but - they just took over - and the rest of the day suffered - well - the house - lol - cooking/cleaning, etc. So, I had to quit........

Good luck at the doc - not good that your bp is still spiking like this. Will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #2484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Sue!! I am going in just a few...I was polishing off a chocolate hazelnut bar..,.it was my valentines day chocolate....I was saving it for my trip tomorrow.....being I am a mooooooo cow.....I couldn't resist....

My goodness just packing my toiletries and bling has taken me close to 2 friggen hours....
Melinda - I am so impressed - Vanentine's chocolate and you're just now eating it?

I was at the dollar store yesterday - and I must confess - they had pnb cups - not reeses, but they are pnb cups............4oz for $1.....that's a hefty pnb cup.....thankfully - I divided it 4 ways............I had a piece and the rest was eaten by dh and ds. Pretty darn good - sadly I have a hard time passing up a good bargain.

Hate packing and getting ready for a trip. Sounds like you're remembering the good stuff to bring.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #2485

Linda... I must confess right back.. so my hubs stopped off at CVS pharmacy.... last month on Valentine's day.. and bought me Yves Rochere, (spelling ??) chocolate and hazelnut bar, Godiva, A heart box with 4 chocolates.. peanut butter cups, and something else.. so I kept the Chocolate hazelnut bar, the heart box and the Godiva... and gave the rest to my son.. so I kept it for tomorrow's trip.. well last night I had the 4 chocolates in the box, this morning the hazelnut chocolate bar.. and my Godiva bar I packed!!! right around that time.. at my grocery store they had half pound chocolate peanut butter cups!!!!! I won't say anymore..

the problem with packing, is coming home and unpacking.. but I usually keep my toiletry bag in tact for the next trip...I am not going to need but one outfit.. and only one thing I have now fits...
Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #2486

Quote:
OMG Chewie. I am such an hick. I have never had a lot of those items.
Never had:
Herring, let alone in wine sauce!
goat cheese truffles
antipasto salad
pate?? Not for sure.

Those are NOT your typical Arkansas recipes!!!! LOL I'm sure it is wonderful.
I have this funny cookbook called White Trash Cooking. It has a recipe in it for Possum!! OMG
OH, here's a funny story. The first year we moved into our house, I got invited to a neighborhood Christmas brunch/ornament exchange. I made a favorite appetizers of ours from CT---smoked salmon pinwheels. It was made with flour tortillas--spread with cream cheese mixed with pepper and lemon and then smoked salmon(lox) put on top. Then you roll them up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Cut into slices to serve with sour cream and chives. NO ONE ATE THEM. I brought them home because the hostess didn't even want to keep them. I was so shocked. In Ct, they were one of the favored appetizers and always went no matter how many I made. The next year's brunch I took mini sausage quiche and they were a big hit. LOL

Alot of my boys friends have never eaten bagels, French toast and lots of other stuff that we just take for granted. My boys have always been very adventurous in their food eating---as dh and I are both foodies and introduced them early to new and different things. My older ds had lobster when he was 2!!!! He called them "bugs."
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #2487

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Linda... I must confess right back.. so my hubs stopped off at CVS pharmacy.... last month on Valentine's day.. and bought me Yves Rochere, (spelling ??) chocolate and hazelnut bar, Godiva, A heart box with 4 chocolates.. peanut butter cups, and something else.. so I kept the Chocolate hazelnut bar, the heart box and the Godiva... and gave the rest to my son.. so I kept it for tomorrow's trip.. well last night I had the 4 chocolates in the box, this morning the hazelnut chocolate bar.. and my Godiva bar I packed!!! right around that time.. at my grocery store they had half pound chocolate peanut butter cups!!!!! I won't say anymore..

the problem with packing, is coming home and unpacking.. but I usually keep my toiletry bag in tact for the next trip...I am not going to need but one outfit.. and only one thing I have now fits...
half pund pb cups????? OMG

My dh bought me a lindt bar that is filled with lindt truffle for Vday too. It is still sitting on top of my jewelry box in my bedroom. He also got me 3 giant bunches of flowers. The boys tease me about that candy bar all the time. It is really small but it is MINE.

I keep my toiletry bag ready too.

Last edited by chewiegand; 03-27-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #2488

Welcome back, Annette. Good job on getting back on plan. Glad you are back.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #2489

My sweet boys went to Walmart for me. I only needed milk, onions and cucumbers.

Tonight I'm making gyros with tzatzki sauce. YUMMMMMMM
Old 03-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #2490

My ds18 had to call me to ask what kind of onions???? Unbelievable.