Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #2341
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, try on your most comfortable pair and then measure them. That should show you which ones to try on.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #2342
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Well if they are too big I would suggest getting out the sewing machine and giving them a little makeover. Awesome way to use what you have and work on sewing skills. I even think I have pin showing you how to take them in!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #2343

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, try on your most comfortable pair and then measure them. That should show you which ones to try on.
Great idea!!! Thanks.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #2344

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Just wanted to say good morning..

Can you imagine they make bulletproof backpacks....wish guns were never invented.....

Have a good day all..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Well if they are too big I would suggest getting out the sewing machine and giving them a little makeover. Awesome way to use what you have and work on sewing skills. I even think I have pin showing you how to take them in!
My sewing machine is not working at the moment. Had a problem with the tension and then the stupid thing came apart. I don't think I put it back together right. I never even finished making the new outdoor cushions last summer because of it.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #2346

Hi Melinda and good morning to you too!!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Just wanted to say good morning..

Can you imagine they make bulletproof backpacks....wish guns were never invented.....

Have a good day all..
Goooooooooooooooooooood Morning Melindapoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #2348
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Melinda
Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #2349

I am sooooooooooo happy, it is going to warm up to the 50's this week! Perfect weather for Fred and I to go on an adventure with my camera.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #2350

That's great Lony. We're supposed to finally warm up too by the weekend. I sure hope so.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #2351

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
LONY I NEED HELP!!! ok i saw these motorcycle diaper cakes! and there is a pooh one! i need you to deconstruct it for me nad give me idiot porrf instructions! i bet i would be the only one at her party with one of these

SIGH i would love Pooh but i would make the animal and colors match whatever she picks for the babies room but aren't these soo cute!????
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #2352

Deb, when I get home from the store I will see what I do!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #2353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Deb, when I get home from the store I will see what I do!
i knew you would know what to do!! thank you!!! maybe in the next 6 months i can get less clumsy!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #2354
Major LCF Poster!

Deb, look on pinterest for motorcycle diaper cake instructions. It comes up with a lot.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #2355
Major LCF Poster!

I just pinned a good set of instructions for you.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #2356

thanks Lucky! i am planning on that when i get back home Steven's class is almost over and i will be without internet until i get back home(i am mooching wi fi off the college right now lol)
how is your weather? i am soo glad your internet is still in!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #2357
Major LCF Poster!

It is 40 today. I hope that means some of the snow is melting, but the wind is still blowing. I hope I can make it out tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #2358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Afternoon All!

I have been stripping beds and washing comforters today. Boy, those comforters take forever to dry!! Also been going through mail, getting Easter cards addressed to mail, etc. I came across a deal on Graduation Announcements 10 for free at Ink Garden. So those of you who have not ordered any yet and who don't need a large quantity.....might want to check them out.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #2359

Hi again. Phew--home finally. Went to the bank, got gas, grocery store, Walgreens and a local pharmacy too. It is freaking bitter cold today. I don't know why it feels so cold to me but I got home and the house is only 58!!!! BRRRRRRR I'm going to have the fireplace on all night. lol
Old 03-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #2360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pcola Girl
Stats: Start-325 Today-225 Goal 160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sarted Nov. 2000---Restarted New January 2008
Deb, I see some crochet yarn in you picture on you post, do yoiu crochet? I just learned how to crochet a few years back and love it. I have been doing alor of it this last year since I had my knees fixed. I made both of my sisters a big blanket or afgahan, which ever you want to call it. I make all sorts of things from blankets, hats, scarves, pot holers, hot pads etc. Made our grand daughter some headbands which she adores.

Its cooler here today only in the 60's, but yesterday it was 83. Crazy weather we have been having this year. Our lows here are usually only in the 50's when it does get cold, way to cold for me.
Most times it during the winter it stays in the 60's and then by March it get back up to the 80's again.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #2361

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Afternoon All!

I have been stripping beds and washing comforters today. Boy, those comforters take forever to dry!! Also been going through mail, getting Easter cards addressed to mail, etc. I came across a deal on Graduation Announcements 10 for free at Ink Garden. So those of you who have not ordered any yet and who don't need a large quantity.....might want to check them out.
oh thanks! i will check it out!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #2362

Mary i can crochet one stitch! i can do granny squares! that picture of the Pooh diaper motorcycle wasn't mine just something i would like to try to make!
i will make the baby it's own blanket just like i did Ken and then each boy before they were born they all still ahve and use their blankets Ken's is 25 years old and thin i really need to put some more rounds on Steven's

i saw a knitted bikers hat and booties looking around on the net today but i can not knit for the life of me watched tutorial after tutorial follwed the dvd and instructions that came with my knitting stuff it just ain;t happening SIGH
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 03-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #2363

Hi again. Tried on 8 pair of pants and 1 fit, 2 were donated cause they were too big. So I still have 5 smaller ones that will fit soon. I have tons more in the closet---these were size 20's that I had pulled a while ago so I purged them first. Hard to believe they all fit so differently.

I also did the FSA---med reimbursement thing again. We spend way too much on medical expenses.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #2364
Major LCF Poster!

Go CHEWIE!!! Do a few at a time, and it is not such a monumental task.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #2365

Thanks Lucky, when 2 pair were too tight I was getting frustrated but knowing I only had that one pile to try on made it bearable.

I made a pot of chicken tortilla soup. It is so cold and I gave the leftover French Onion soup to the parents yesterday. My dad had a cold and it was so good---I know he's going to enjoy it. I ended up doubling the creamy chipotle sauce for the fish tacos cause I thought the bag of catfish was 2 lbs but it is 3 lbs. Now there should be some leftovers---there better be. LOL
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #2366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening!

Well, Lucky, have you had snow all day? It has been a weird weather day here. It has been snowing most all day with no accumulation. A really tiny snowflake. More like snowmist if that is possible. Then this evening while I was out with youngest at dance it was like a miniblizzard came through. Snow was coming down so hard and fast with wind and we could not make out buildings on the way home. Lasted about 30 minutes and then done. A weird weather day here.

I cheated for dinner tonight as I couldn't make myself leave the house earlier in the day. Ended up fixing French Dip Sandwiches and Onion Rings with a Roasted Sweet Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. I have been so hungry the last couple of days and so I have been overeating. Which is a bad thing since I have gained about 5 lbs in two weeks. Ugh.

I finally got the chance to talk to my sister today. She went to the doctor and got it confirmed that she has lymphadema in her legs like my mom. She is now going for therapy, massage stuff for two hours a day for the next three weeks. She seems too young to me to have this. I was wondering if it could be treated with therapy and then be okay but she says no. She will always have to deal with it. I think I need to go do some more reading on this. I hope I am not headed down the same path!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #2367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning everybody! I can't believe how fast time flies sometimes, and then I come here and I have 10 pages to catch up on.

Lony I heard you talk about Shopko and last week I went there and tried on some clothes. Couldn't find any pants that fit....they are all too small. And ironically enough they have shirts up to 4 and 5X but I didn't like any of them. I don't know why they didn't offer bigger pants. I'm wearing 3x now and they are very baggy in the butt and legs but I need them bigger to fit around my huge gut. I would like to buy some 2Xs but I will have to see how tight they fit around my gut. Can't stand having it outlined in tight fabric. Sweet deal on that parka!

Sue your little Layla is so adorable. Great job on getting those doll clothes sewn. I have so many idea for projects I want to do but then I just never get started with anything. Like.....2 years ago my mom bought me an Earth box for my birthday. It's like a self contained garden. I have yet to set it up, and spring is here so if I'm going to grow anything I need to get going on it!

Lony your new camera takes great pictures! Have fun learning all about it.

Deb I'm glad you got to go to Ashley's first baby appointment.

Melinda sorry you are in a bad place right now. Lots of hugs. Great news on your son getting such an awesome scholarship! Maybe he will consider taking it if his "dream college" doesn't come thru...the one that will leave him broke for 20 years. hahaha. If only we could FORCE them to understand.

KCMama sounds like you had a great time on your train trip to the Grand Canyon! Were the sleeping areas private? I don't think I would be able to sleep like that as I need a CPAP machine. Glad to hear you are so tickled about your snow. Since we moved down to the Eugene area we don't get snow much. Last year we got one storm. This year 0 so far. Used to snow in Portland a lot, and stay on the ground for awhile.

Lucky hope your eye appointment goes well. How are you faring, being snowed in and all?

Eliza hope Blaze is recovering from his operation. Supposed to be a much easier recovery for males. My female cats have always hid in the closet and such for a few days. They now send the pets home with pain meds. Never used to do that 20 years ago.

Linda how are you doing? Is your house deal any closer to completion?

DH and I fizzled out with our LC diets. I think I'm going to just go for a healthy eating thing. Like what Sue is doing. Strict LC just doesn't work well in the long run for DH. And frankly it's too much work for me working full time. It's like DH can't fix ANYTHING for himself from scratch.

Well I'm still at work. it's been a pretty busy day and I'm coming back to Blood Bank tomorrow night even though I was scheduled for the more slow-paced Lab tomorrow. Due to someone being sick. Sort of throws a wrench in my plans but what can you do? I have a doctors appointment Wed AM. My BP is still pretty high most days. I've had to take meds twice due to headaches. I really don't know what's going on. Sure hope I don't have an adrenal tumor. =/

Bye for now Girls!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #2368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good TUesday morning all.....
Geez Chewie, what an awful thing to have happen. Your pants are too BIG!!!! I can only dream!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!

Deb....I've made a diaper cake but not one like that. They are fun to make. Lucky is right. They have a ton of them on Pintrest. Does the kids want to know the sex of the baby? That makes it really nice so you know what to make and buy.

Lony....that is almost short weather for you isn't it? When DD lived in Alaska they would wear shorts when it hit the 50's. Enjoy the day!

Hi Mona......been missing you!!!!! What game is keeping you so busy?

Another busy day with babies here! Have a great day everyone!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #2369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Morning Sue! The game is called Guild Wars 2. It's a MMORPG which means massively multiplayer online roleplaying game. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #2370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Everybody!

Looks like we have a beeeeuuuutiful day on tap here. A pretty sunrise. It is still quite cold but refreshing! It is the kind of day where you have to remember to take your sunglasses with you or you will have a hard time keeping your eyes open with the sun reflecting off the snow! So pretty. I have the inside temp set at 65 and I am sooooo hot.I can't really go much lower with the thermostat though during the day as the rest of the family will be freezing. Well, at least not until everyone is gone for the day.

Mona,! So good to hear from you. Sorry the lc plan isn't working for you. I am in the same boat and trying to figure out something that will work for me! Hope work goes smoothly and quickly for you.

Deb, wow that is some diaper display/centerpiece. Looks like a lot of work to me. Can you post a link to the knitted motorcycle hat you saw? I would like to see that!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote