Old 03-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #2161
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Two teenage boys will do that to you. My ds14 has already eaten twice today and he's ready for a third time now.
I must have been a horrible mom. On weekends I cooked breakfast and dinner, that was it! If they wanted to eat more they would find something themselves and clean up the mess! I was a whip cracker
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #2162

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Well Ken and I got started on that closet WHEW we found the FLOOR!!!!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #2163

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I must have been a horrible mom. On weekends I cooked breakfast and dinner, that was it! If they wanted to eat more they would find something themselves and clean up the mess! I was a whip cracker
Same here. I only cook one meal - dinner on weekdays as we are at work, school, or sleeping. On weekends, I cook brunch and dinner. Do not cook desserts ever because we could all stand to lose between 20-150 lbs. I'm seeing it as doing all of us a favor. If I cook dessert, we end up eating it all up in 3-4 hrs, no leftovers. We cannot control ourselves.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #2164

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Ken alsso turned his neck the wrong way somehow and a huge knot has come up under the scar where he broke his neck in the wreck i heard the CRACK he almost fell and had to sit down i massaged it a while but i am scared and he says it is better now i wanted him to go get it checked out but he says no it is much better SIGH
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #2165

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
I wonder if Melinda is ever coming back?
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #2166

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Chews, I wish I loved cooking as much as you do. Im a pretty decent cook, but i must admit for me it's a chore.

How did you develop a love for cooking? Did you always enjoy doing it since you were little? What was the first thing you remember cooking/making all by yourself?
I actually started baking at 8 years old. My older brother was an avid hiker and he needed healthy cookies to take with him so I made gorp cookies and used dried fruits and nuts. My mom bought me some cookbooks and that was my start. My mother didn't bake at all---she was a very basic cook--only spices she had were salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. I have almost every spice known to man. I have always enjoyed cooking and have always been the "chef" in my group of friends. My parties were epic and no one ever said no to an invitation. LOL
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #2167

Quote:
I'm a big softie plus they make such a big mess, it really is easier for me to just fix them something. LOL My dh feels the same way and will run in the kitchen at night to prevent it from being destroyed. He does the night duty.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #2168

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Well Ken and I got started on that closet WHEW we found the FLOOR!!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #2169

Quote:
I wonder if Melinda is ever coming back?
Me too. I miss her.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #2170

I ended up making almond butter bread---very easy, now I just hope it's good. Hoping to make some french toast tomorrow morning with some bacon. Also made cream cheese brownies. They look and are starting to smell good. Both low carb. Plus that fudge pb pie which ds14 just tasted and exclaimed it was "excellent." That was very easy. I still need to get in my closet as I have a bunch of clothes to purge.

Oh, I found the stupid title for the van but it's the one from Connecticut not Arkansas. Oh well, better than nothing. DH is on his way home to get it.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #2171

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Melinda is hurting very badly.. and rather than be poo pooed like it's nothing or come here and be a downer, I choose to stay away until things get a little better for me...

Deb.. I am sorry Happy Brithday to you!! hope it was wonderful.. I didn't get a chance to read the thread...

Deb...One of the colleges my son was accepted to..rewarded my son with a 12 grand Dean scholarship every year for 4 years.. he got the paper work and now he is saying because more information came today.. that he was also awarded him another scholarship on top of that of 22 grand...this is a combinations of stuff.. like what he did in his classes this year..a grant from the school etc etc, including a 15 thousand dollar grant from the actual school..if he choose that school is loan would be like 5 grand a year..... however this school is not high on his list....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #2172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Melinda, I hope we have never been guilty of poo pooing your troubles. I know no one meant to do that. Let us share your burdens.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #2173

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I actually started baking at 8 years old. My older brother was an avid hiker and he needed healthy cookies to take with him so I made gorp cookies and used dried fruits and nuts. My mom bought me some cookbooks and that was my start. My mother didn't bake at all---she was a very basic cook--only spices she had were salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. I have almost every spice known to man. I have always enjoyed cooking and have always been the "chef" in my group of friends. My parties were epic and no one ever said no to an invitation. LOL
I can't imagine anyone would say no!

Gorp cookies sound funny in name but I like cookies with fruits and nuts.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #2174

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Melinda is hurting very badly.. and rather than be poo pooed like it's nothing or come here and be a downer, I choose to stay away until things get a little better for me...

Deb.. I am sorry Happy Brithday to you!! hope it was wonderful.. I didn't get a chance to read the thread...

Deb...One of the colleges my son was accepted to..rewarded my son with a 12 grand Dean scholarship every year for 4 years.. he got the paper work and now he is saying because more information came today.. that he was also awarded him another scholarship on top of that of 22 grand...this is a combinations of stuff.. like what he did in his classes this year..a grant from the school etc etc, including a 15 thousand dollar grant from the actual school..if he choose that school is loan would be like 5 grand a year..... however this school is not high on his list....
Melindochka
We miss you like potato chips.

Congrats to your sonny boy. All that free college money is an excellent opportunity to graduate with minimal loans even though that school is not high on his list......and live burden-free after graduation.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #2175

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I appreciate it Lucky.....I know we all, have our crosses to bear and buckets of troubles....some of us deal better than others.....its nearing summer and that is an excruciating time for us..,I just tend to stay away to try and get it together...Sue helps me tons.....and the people in this house do too,,,

I just had to share the college stuff with Deb....just wished it would be the same kind of result with the colleges near my house...wished they would reward sonny boy's awesomeness....but I am not biased LOL
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #2176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hey Melinda.....heading on into the office soon!! The babies are all gone....I've cleaned my building....had a nap....and hubs is going to pick us up a Domino's BBQ Chicken pizza. Life is good!! LOL

Hi to everyone!!!

Ok....don't look if baby pictures bore you. I just had to take a few yesterday of Layla and of course Nana here is going to share a couple. Deb...you just wait! You will be doing the same!!!LOL
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #2177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Same here. I only cook one meal - dinner on weekdays as we are at work, school, or sleeping. On weekends, I cook brunch and dinner. Do not cook desserts ever because we could all stand to lose between 20-150 lbs. I'm seeing it as doing all of us a favor. If I cook dessert, we end up eating it all up in 3-4 hrs, no leftovers. We cannot control ourselves.
Me too Eliza. Desserts may be l/c - but they aren't calorie or fat free that's for sure. I even did that when my boys were younger. I always had apples or oranges for something sweet. Just did not want them gaining excess weight. It worked - they both love fresh fruit and lots of fresh veggies and salads.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #2178
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Hey Melinda.....heading on into the office soon!! The babies are all gone....I've cleaned my building....had a nap....and hubs is going to pick us up a Domino's BBQ Chicken pizza. Life is good!! LOL

Hi to everyone!!!

Ok....don't look if baby pictures bore you. I just had to take a few yesterday of Layla and of course Nana here is going to share a couple. Deb...you just wait! You will be doing the same!!!LOL
What a cutie patootie.............gorgeous pictures Nana...........now - if that doesn't bring a smile to your face - you need to look at it again. She is one healthy looking lil gal. Absolutely beautiful, but I know Nana isn't prejudiced.

Linda
Old 03-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #2179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh me too Lony - always told them - help themselves - but DO NOT leave a MESS in the kitchen. Hate going into the kitchen when it's dirty. Nothing torks me off in the morning like that. They learned real fast. Hmmm - so I was a whip cracker and didn't even know it.

Linda
Old 03-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #2180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Ken alsso turned his neck the wrong way somehow and a huge knot has come up under the scar where he broke his neck in the wreck i heard the CRACK he almost fell and had to sit down i massaged it a while but i am scared and he says it is better now i wanted him to go get it checked out but he says no it is much better SIGH
Ugh - sure hope Ken is feeling lots better. Always something isn't it? But you found the floor - hey - that's a lot of progress.

Hope Steven had a good day at Berea. Must be something on his mind that he's turning over and over - you said you noticed he wasn't quite himself. Maybe he'll be ready to talk about it when he gets home.

Linda
Old 03-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #2181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Gueeeeeeeesssss whaaaaaat!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #2182
Major LCF Poster!

Did anyone see the show on the Steubenville, OH rape case with the teens? Did I miss where they are going after the parents where the 3 parties were held or not? A lot of parents need to be talking to their kids about right/wrong - not to have spoken up when this was going on. To watch and take pictures, makes me wonder - very sad when you think about it.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #2183
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Gueeeeeeeesssss whaaaaaat!
You're pregnant!!!!

ok - I give up - what?
Old 03-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #2184
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda, congratulations on the scholarships. That is great.

My landline phone died today. I only get cell phone if I am out in the yard. We have satellite internet and it goes out in a heavy snowstorm. They are calling for 10 to 12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Bless At&T, they say they should have my landline fixed by next Wednesday.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #2185
Major LCF Poster!

KC, your daughter is moving out?
Old 03-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #2186
Major LCF Poster!

I tell you - I keep going back and looking at little Layla and that pink flamingo fashion ensemble she's wearing............That's so darn cute.........like I'm drawn back - just to smile at her. I'm easy - love their little chubby upper legs - always reminded me of dairy queens........lol - no wonder I'm in the shape I'm in, huh?\
Old 03-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #2187
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
KC, your daughter is moving out?
How's your eye today Lucky? I'm almost wondering if working on the computer isn't making my eye a little out of focus. Ever hear of anything like that? When I look out the window - everything seems ok - but - looking at the monitor - hmm- guess it could just be all the white background?

More snow - ugh...........we have been so lucky - maybe an inch or two the whole winter. Now - having thrown that out there - I better just be quiet. It has turned colder here though - all the daffodils and early spring flowers are out, good thing they are hardy. Stay warm.

Linda
Old 03-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #2188
Major LCF Poster!

Besides being so darn cute, little Layla has the cutest wardrobe I have ever seen.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #2189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post

Hey there Melinda! Sorry to hear you are feeling so badly. Wish I could wave a magic wand for you. Hope things are going better for your dh at work. Last I remember he was having problems with that sadistic boss lady of his.

I am thrilled for you and sonny boy! That is terrific! Did he hear from the school he really wanted yet? I hope he will take the school that is offering him the most money! What did you say that he wanted to study? Was it Engineering? My daughter is trying to pay off her student loan in one year. She borrowed $7000 and the amt she would pay back was around $12,000 with 10 years worth of interest. She had set herself a personal goal of paying it off this year to avoid paying $12,000, but, I don't know how much she will have to pay if she does it all in one year. However, since she is now considering Law School in the fall I don't know what she is plotting...... She did say that she didn't want to take out another loan before paying off the first so......
Old 03-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #2190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
You're pregnant!!!!

ok - I give up - what?
NO! PTL!!!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote