Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #2101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I usually buy the 1.25 but they are harder to find. Maybe I should try the 1.5???
You could definitely try them and see how you like them. My doc told me he would recommend a 2.0 so maybe that is why I can do a 1.5-2.0.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #2102
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
oh godh curling up in a comfy chair with that soup and a good book! oh that would be haven
i rarely make any kind of soup cause i am the only one who really likes it heck i can even SMELL it now LOL
My dh is a soup lover. He could eat it everyday. I wasn't that big of a soup person but have been since I had the surgery---soup works very well for me.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #2103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Sue - love, love, love all the pictures you post of Eli and Layla - you are really a very good grandma photographer. All those memories you capture - the years they will look back on them, just wonderful that you do it.

You and Deb post so many great pictures - don't think I/We thank you enough for them - so just in case - Thanks Deb and Sue for all of them. I know I appreciate seeing them.

KC - just who went on the trip? Think you mentioned two, dh or dd?

Melinda - a quick "HI" to let you know I miss seeing you post......

Linda
It was myself and youngest. My son was already committed to working his lifeguarding job through most of Spring Break and my dh couldn't get away.

Hmmmmmm, most current models showing 4-8" of snow tomorrow.......
Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #2104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This sounds like such a great trip. I would love to do that someday. So did you sleep in your seats? How long was the ride to AZ? Does it leave from KC? Do you have any websites you used that I can research this???? Thanks in advance.
Yes, we slept in our seats. If you choose to do that as well, I would say one of the top 5 items you should pack would be a good neck pillow! I packed a backpack for myself and one for dd and inside each had a neck pillow and very lightweight fleece blanket. We used both items and were very glad to have them. I am considering a "roomette" for a future long trip like this but they are extremely small. The trip took 24 hours each way. No denying that you do not sleep like you would in a bed. For me the difficulty was more the noise from fellow passengers.

There were a couple of stops where we were able to get out like Albuquerque. We did leave from Kansas City's Union Station. I just went to Amtrak web site to look for trains and tickets but there is also AmtrakVacations. I also had investigated the Grand Canyon before and knew about The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel and the train into the canyon. You can go to thetrain to read more and see their packages. Or just google Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. My family are always telling me that I missed my calling-- I should have been a travel agent as I do tons of research and planning! LOL

I also packed some food items, cards, dice, iPad, headphones.....
Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #2105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My dh is a soup lover. He could eat it everyday. I wasn't that big of a soup person but have been since I had the surgery---soup works very well for me.
My husband and youngest loooooove soups. I make them occasionally because I know how much dh loves a good soup/stew. Ok, I need to get to the store. I have been putting it off all day because it is cold and has been snowing (no real accumulation). I have unpacked, put away suitcases, done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed all to avoid a trip to the grocery store.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #2106
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Worth the try
Get Rid of Ants Solution

This is a recipe for getting rid of those pesky ants that come every spring and summer. Mix up the solution, pack cotton balls in a jar cover, put the solution on and they will be gone.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons boric acid
3 cups warm water

Directions:
1. Mix the sugar and boric acid well.
2. Add the warm water slowly, mixing all the while so it won't be too lumpy.
3. Store in a jar until ready to use.
4. When ready to use, put cotton into the top of a jar lid to fill it and then saturate the cotton to the top.
5. Place it in the location where it is needed.
6. Note: This solution will keep for a long while. A good technique is to drip a drop or two over the edge of the lid to rest on the counter so the ants will find the solution sooner. It sometimes takes a little while for them to find it, but find it they will. When they do, do not disturb them as they drink. They will hang

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #2107

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hey ladies, I am home! Hurray!!

I found out some intresting news today, If you lose a large amount of weight it can cause near sightness. Who knew?
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #2108

Thanks so much. I do the same kind of thing---sometimes too much research and planning. This last trip was the most spontaneous one I've ever done and I still had 2 pages of notes---restaurants and places to go and coupons too. LOL
Old 03-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #2109

Quote:
This is too cute Chewie -just how old does one have to be when they are retired? Actually I only worked 5 years total after I got married. AND - I'm still not retired from working.......I keep saying I want to retire from cooking/cleaning/shopping...............but - no one pays me any mind. So, I still cook, clean, shop and I tell everyone I'm a dog nanny..........

Linda
I love that!! I am going to start using that!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
My husband and youngest loooooove soups. I make them occasionally because I know how much dh loves a good soup/stew. Ok, I need to get to the store. I have been putting it off all day because it is cold and has been snowing (no real accumulation). I have unpacked, put away suitcases, done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed all to avoid a trip to the grocery store.
I had my grocery list all ready to go but had to wait for dh to come home for lunch and then he took my van back to work. LOL So I guess I'm going tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post

I found out some intresting news today, If you lose a large amount of weight it can cause near sightness. Who knew?
Really?????
Old 03-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #2112

Quote:
Welcome back KC - sounds like you really enjoyed your trip. You do really well at telling about it too. Thanks for letting us in on some of it.

Lony - a new camera and now an embroidery machine. Is there some reason why - or is it to make those lil granddaughters all those fancy little frocks?

Deb - ah - your first OB apt with Ashley and the peanut is growing. I loved the thing Sue posted about the growth cycle. Really interesting. I know when I was pregnant I had something similar and it was fascinating.

Lynn - I love solar lights - the more the better. Pretty cute though about wearing sunglasses. There are so many to pick from anymore - love all of them. Especially my hummingbirds and butterfly ones. My latest are the ones that turn colors. Most of mine are still in storage. One of these days - maybe I'll see them again.

Mary - Nice to meet you - you have done wonderful keeping weight off. I had both my knees replaced a few years ago - best thing I ever did - knee pain is not pleasant. Keep posting.

Lucky - what's going on with your eye that the doc just wanted to do a wait and see attitude? I'm with you - get that MRI and make sure nothing serious is going on. My eye is still full of floaters and stuff. I keep thinking it's like the solar system - all manner of things floating around in there. It's just frustrating - just getting my new glasses and all - guess it will just take a little longer.

The weather here is cold - no snow - what happened to spring? Calling for it to get even colder the end of the week. But, nothing like the storms they are calling for in the middle of the country. Stay safe to all those in the way.

Linda
just spoiled
Old 03-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #2113

Quote:
Really?????
weird huh
Old 03-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #2114

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:

i am in soo much trouble LOL

Lynn i tried that and everything else i swear monsanto has ant experiments going on here because NADA gets rid of these super GMO guys!

we found the post hole diggers soo off to help put up kenny and Ashley's mailbox BBL
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #2115

I also have been reading about joint/tendon problems with people that lose a lot too. I've been having hip pain since the zoo. I don't know if it was all the walking or the loss, I just hope it goes away.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #2116

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
KC that trip sounds awesome!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #2117

Kcmama did you bring me home something good?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #2118
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Oh, I didn't think you were retired. You don't look that old.
I am the same age as the Route...KC mentioned...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #2119

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
I am the same age as the Route...KC mentioned...
I was on that route in Oklahoma.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #2120

Quiche is in the oven and the soup is simmering. It was a Martha Stewart French onion soup recipe with cognac. It should have a great depth of flavor.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #2121

Holy Blizzard Batman!!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #2122

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
They have to get a pre-cert from my insurance company. If they won't do it, I will pay for it myself. I only have one eye, and I am getting tunnel vision. The eye doctor was going to wait six months, but when I told her I have a cavernous malformation in the brain and it has bled before, she decided to do the MRI. I am anxious to get it done.
Keeping you in my thoughts.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #2123

Quote:
thanks Sue i was Pre Vet/ bio major in college though and have had Embryology LOL one of the reasons Ashley and Kenny call me before going to a doc but i appreciate the thought anyways
C/P
Howdy all went with Kenny and Ashley to her first OB appointment and i got to see the Peanut and hear the "heartbeat"(not really a heart yet just a straight tube) due date is November 5th!
remember remember the Fifth of November!
oh and Peanut is 1.2 CM tall
doc said everything is looking good!
How neat!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Lucky, we travelled to the Grand Canyon. Had great weather the whole time. Amtrak's Southwest Chief was good. We had Reserved Coach Seating which was upstairs. Large, comfy, leather, reclining seats. Lots of legroom! There was a footrest and also a piece from under the seat that you could stop at various positions/angles to support your legs. One other really nice feature was that when someone in front of you reclined there was still plenty of room between you and their seat, unlike in an airplane.

We were two cars behind the dining car with the observation car in the middle. All of the bathrooms are on the lower level and the stairwells are very narrow.

There was also coach seating on the lower level which is where handicapped seating is and those who want the cheaper seats. I went through the train exploring. I would travel this train again but would not want the lower level seating. The seats are the same as upstairs but the area is smaller with a rather unattractive wall in front of you (windows on the sides of course). Just felt more claustrophobic and dingier to me. On the lower level, the car is split. You board in the middle of the lower car, immediately to the right are the bathrooms. One good sized one that on one car said family restroom and on another said handicapped restroom. Then there were 4 other airplane sized toilets. To the left was an area of storage for luggage then past that the coach seating. There was a door that closed it off from the loading area though.

I spent a lot of time also in the observation car upstairs. Met a lot of interesting people and enjoyed that. The train and hotel were pretty full due to Spring Break. I am already plotting future rail adventures!
KC, take me with you next time! Sounds like such a lovely trip.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #2125

Quote:
This is too cute Chewie -just how old does one have to be when they are retired? Actually I only worked 5 years total after I got married. AND - I'm still not retired from working.......I keep saying I want to retire from cooking/cleaning/shopping...............but - no one pays me any mind. So, I still cook, clean, shop and I tell everyone I'm a dog nanny..........

Linda
Linda, there is never retirement from the cooking/cleaning/shopping business.....
Old 03-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #2126

Quote:
The onions are caramelizing and smell so good. YUMMMMMM It's cold so soup sounds so good to me plus I'm making a Swiss bacon quiche too.

I would imagine Swiss cheese and bacon make a lovely delicious combo
Old 03-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #2127

Quote:
For those that pray---please keep my ds18 and his friends in your prayers. They are headed to Tulsa for an overnight and fun tomorrow. I'm a little nervous but he's a very mature kid so he'll be fine. We let him take the BMW!!!! Accckkkk
Wishing all of them a safe and fun trip.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #2128

Quote:
oh godh curling up in a comfy chair with that soup and a good book! oh that would be haven
i rarely make any kind of soup cause i am the only one who really likes it heck i can even SMELL it now LOL
Deb, fix it for yourself. You deserve it. Maybe a smaller amount, or freeze the extra. And, stay warm!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #2129

Quote:

Never knew that.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #2130

I scared everyone away!

My kitty was fixed yesterday and is feeling much better today. There was a lot of wobbling and throwing up yesterday. Can't wait for the recommended 5 days to pass so I can give him a bath...didn't come out of surgery too clean.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 03-22-2013 at 05:53 PM..