LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #2071
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I use those also! I have 4 pair. I can use any btwn 1.5-2.00 strength--just depends on how far away I want to hold the item I am trying to read or knit.....or sew Just had my eyes checked in Jan/Feb and for an old lady, I have great vision. Doc said he could give me an RX if I wanted but really readers are just fine for where I am at the moment. Yay!! Cuz, I like to buy cute/fun frames and coordinate them with my outfits. Can't afford to do that with Rx frames.
I usually buy the 1.25 but they are harder to find. Maybe I should try the 1.5???
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #2072

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Buenos días Kcmama. ¿Eres de tus aventuras todavía?
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #2073
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Quote:
Oh, Lucky! Darn! I hope it will be something easy to solve. When will you do the MRI?
They have to get a pre-cert from my insurance company. If they won't do it, I will pay for it myself. I only have one eye, and I am getting tunnel vision. The eye doctor was going to wait six months, but when I told her I have a cavernous malformation in the brain and it has bled before, she decided to do the MRI. I am anxious to get it done.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #2074

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
They have to get a pre-cert from my insurance company. If they won't do it, I will pay for it myself. I only have one eye, and I am getting tunnel vision. The eye doctor was going to wait six months, but when I told her I have a cavernous malformation in the brain and it has bled before, she decided to do the MRI. I am anxious to get it done.
Eekk! That is not good. Sending you prayers and healing happy glitter!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #2075

KC--how was your vacation?????
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #2076
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, where did you go on your train trip? I have seriously considered taking one, but am not sure how to set it up.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #2077
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hey Lynn, I forgot if you told us but what do you do for work?
Retired..I am freaking old...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #2078
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pcola Girl
Stats: Start-325 Today-225 Goal 160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sarted Nov. 2000---Restarted New January 2008
Thanks for the welcome back.
I have been doing ok with my eating these last few days, now if only I don't go off plan like I have so many times before.
But I just had both my knees replaced this last year and now the weight has to come off me even if its only 20-30 pounds. I have alot more than that to lose but for right now that will do for me.
Pcola Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #2079
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Buenos días Kcmama. ¿Eres de tus aventuras todavía?
Si. Ya, estoy de regreso.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #2080
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
KC, where did you go on your train trip? I have seriously considered taking one, but am not sure how to set it up.
Lucky, we travelled to the Grand Canyon. Had great weather the whole time. Amtrak's Southwest Chief was good. We had Reserved Coach Seating which was upstairs. Large, comfy, leather, reclining seats. Lots of legroom! There was a footrest and also a piece from under the seat that you could stop at various positions/angles to support your legs. One other really nice feature was that when someone in front of you reclined there was still plenty of room between you and their seat, unlike in an airplane.

We were two cars behind the dining car with the observation car in the middle. All of the bathrooms are on the lower level and the stairwells are very narrow.

There was also coach seating on the lower level which is where handicapped seating is and those who want the cheaper seats. I went through the train exploring. I would travel this train again but would not want the lower level seating. The seats are the same as upstairs but the area is smaller with a rather unattractive wall in front of you (windows on the sides of course). Just felt more claustrophobic and dingier to me. On the lower level, the car is split. You board in the middle of the lower car, immediately to the right are the bathrooms. One good sized one that on one car said family restroom and on another said handicapped restroom. Then there were 4 other airplane sized toilets. To the left was an area of storage for luggage then past that the coach seating. There was a door that closed it off from the loading area though.

I spent a lot of time also in the observation car upstairs. Met a lot of interesting people and enjoyed that. The train and hotel were pretty full due to Spring Break. I am already plotting future rail adventures!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #2081

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Deb....this is for you. It tells you what is going on with the baby weekly. Do you know that in the 5th week the baby has a heart beat? Bookmark it and check it out weekly. I did this with Layla. It's really interesting!

Pregnancy Calendar - Week by Week Fetal Development
thanks Sue i was Pre Vet/ bio major in college though and have had Embryology LOL one of the reasons Ashley and Kenny call me before going to a doc but i appreciate the thought anyways
C/P
Howdy all went with Kenny and Ashley to her first OB appointment and i got to see the Peanut and hear the "heartbeat"(not really a heart yet just a straight tube) due date is November 5th!
remember remember the Fifth of November!
oh and Peanut is 1.2 CM tall
doc said everything is looking good!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #2082
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
KC--how was your vacation?????
It was good. Each set of two seats had two electrical outlets so you will be able to keep your cell, computer, ipad, dvd player going. HOWEVER there is no wifi on The Southwest Chief! I can't understand why not. Trains on the coasts have them as well as a couple of other of the longer distance trains. I think we need to start a campaign for wifi on The Southwest Chief. I have circulation issues in my legs and can't sit for really long periods so I walked back and forth and changed sitting positions, etc. It was a loooooong train ride.

We stayed at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel in Williams, AZ. I liked it. Parts of it are very old and very nice, like the lobby, Spenser's Bar. The rooms reminded me of a Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn type of hotel. We took the Grand Canyon Railway to the Grand Canyon. It must have had a dozen railcars hooked up to the two engines due to Spring Breakers. It is a 2 1/2 hour train ride or a bit over an hour by car from Williams, Az. They have entertainment on the train and even a "train robbery". The canyon was gorgeous and we spent about 3 1/2 hours there which is plenty if you are not going to be doing much hiking on the trails. We did go on parts of two trails. One I freaked out on as there was a sheer drop on one side all the way down and I couldn't handle it!

We also walked into the town of Williams which is extremely close to the Hotel. Route 66 runs through the town so we walked parts of it, shopped in the shops and ate at a couple of restaurants. It was fun.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #2083

Quote:
I went to eye doctor yesterday. I am going to have an MRI to see what is going on with my eye.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #2084

Quote:
oh Lucky! oh gosh!!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #2085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
thanks Sue i was Pre Vet/ bio major in college though and have had Embryology LOL one of the reasons Ashley and Kenny call me before going to a doc but i appreciate the thought anyways
C/P
Howdy all went with Kenny and Ashley to her first OB appointment and i got to see the Peanut and hear the "heartbeat"(not really a heart yet just a straight tube) due date is November 5th!
remember remember the Fifth of November!
oh and Peanut is 1.2 CM tall
doc said everything is looking good!
Yay!! for a good checkup! Ok, what happened on the 5th of November? I don't remember!Truly. Although I do remember hearing that little ditty before....Maybe you should check out Sue's link anyway in case you have forgotten anything and then you will still be so super knowledgeable and they will constantly want to talk with you.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #2086

GUNPOWDER, TREASON AND PLOT! of you have seen the movie V for Vendetta you would have heard the rhyme but i knew about Guy Fawkes way before that movie was ever made
Quote:
Remember, remember! / The fifth of November, / The Gunpowder treason and plot; / I know of no reason / Why the Gunpowder treason / Should ever be forgot!
gave me some hope that i MIGHT actually have a bit of influence on the Peanut if he/she is actually born on 11-5,

Mary on your knees!

KC wow what an awesome trip i can only dream of ever getting to do such things
Old 03-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #2087
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Welcome back KC - sounds like you really enjoyed your trip. You do really well at telling about it too. Thanks for letting us in on some of it.

Lony - a new camera and now an embroidery machine. Is there some reason why - or is it to make those lil granddaughters all those fancy little frocks?

Deb - ah - your first OB apt with Ashley and the peanut is growing. I loved the thing Sue posted about the growth cycle. Really interesting. I know when I was pregnant I had something similar and it was fascinating.

Lynn - I love solar lights - the more the better. Pretty cute though about wearing sunglasses. There are so many to pick from anymore - love all of them. Especially my hummingbirds and butterfly ones. My latest are the ones that turn colors. Most of mine are still in storage. One of these days - maybe I'll see them again.

Mary - Nice to meet you - you have done wonderful keeping weight off. I had both my knees replaced a few years ago - best thing I ever did - knee pain is not pleasant. Keep posting.

Lucky - what's going on with your eye that the doc just wanted to do a wait and see attitude? I'm with you - get that MRI and make sure nothing serious is going on. My eye is still full of floaters and stuff. I keep thinking it's like the solar system - all manner of things floating around in there. It's just frustrating - just getting my new glasses and all - guess it will just take a little longer.

The weather here is cold - no snow - what happened to spring? Calling for it to get even colder the end of the week. But, nothing like the storms they are calling for in the middle of the country. Stay safe to all those in the way.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #2088

HOWDY LINDA!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #2089

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Retired..I am freaking old...
Oh, I didn't think you were retired. You don't look that old.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #2090
Major LCF Poster!

Sue - love, love, love all the pictures you post of Eli and Layla - you are really a very good grandma photographer. All those memories you capture - the years they will look back on them, just wonderful that you do it.

You and Deb post so many great pictures - don't think I/We thank you enough for them - so just in case - Thanks Deb and Sue for all of them. I know I appreciate seeing them.

KC - just who went on the trip? Think you mentioned two, dh or dd?

Melinda - a quick "HI" to let you know I miss seeing you post......

Linda
Old 03-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #2091

Quote:
Lucky, we travelled to the Grand Canyon. Had great weather the whole time. Amtrak's Southwest Chief was good. We had Reserved Coach Seating which was upstairs. Large, comfy, leather, reclining seats. Lots of legroom! There was a footrest and also a piece from under the seat that you could stop at various positions/angles to support your legs. One other really nice feature was that when someone in front of you reclined there was still plenty of room between you and their seat, unlike in an airplane.

We were two cars behind the dining car with the observation car in the middle. All of the bathrooms are on the lower level and the stairwells are very narrow.

There was also coach seating on the lower level which is where handicapped seating is and those who want the cheaper seats. I went through the train exploring. I would travel this train again but would not want the lower level seating. The seats are the same as upstairs but the area is smaller with a rather unattractive wall in front of you (windows on the sides of course). Just felt more claustrophobic and dingier to me. On the lower level, the car is split. You board in the middle of the lower car, immediately to the right are the bathrooms. One good sized one that on one car said family restroom and on another said handicapped restroom. Then there were 4 other airplane sized toilets. To the left was an area of storage for luggage then past that the coach seating. There was a door that closed it off from the loading area though.

I spent a lot of time also in the observation car upstairs. Met a lot of interesting people and enjoyed that. The train and hotel were pretty full due to Spring Break. I am already plotting future rail adventures!
This sounds like such a great trip. I would love to do that someday. So did you sleep in your seats? How long was the ride to AZ? Does it leave from KC? Do you have any websites you used that I can research this???? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #2092
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh, I didn't think you were retired. You don't look that old.
This is too cute Chewie -just how old does one have to be when they are retired? Actually I only worked 5 years total after I got married. AND - I'm still not retired from working.......I keep saying I want to retire from cooking/cleaning/shopping...............but - no one pays me any mind. So, I still cook, clean, shop and I tell everyone I'm a dog nanny..........

Linda
Old 03-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #2093

Oh Deb, how exciting for you and your family!!!! A new little one is always such a joy! I'm so glad they included you. Did Ashley's mom come too? Did Steven ever say Happy Birthday?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #2094

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
This is too cute Chewie -just how old does one have to be when they are retired? Actually I only worked 5 years total after I got married. AND - I'm still not retired from working.......I keep saying I want to retire from cooking/cleaning/shopping...............but - no one pays me any mind. So, I still cook, clean, shop and I tell everyone I'm a dog nanny..........

Linda
Well I'm old too Linda so to me, retirement age is still stuck in my head as 65but I know that won't be my retirement age. I'll have to work till 70 or later.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #2095

The onions are caramelizing and smell so good. YUMMMMMM It's cold so soup sounds so good to me plus I'm making a Swiss bacon quiche too.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #2096

Ashley's mom is still working i believe she will quit in october
no Steven never did say it but did offer to take me out to eat
how is the soup Chewie?? i am soo dying for some especailly since it is soo cold here today!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #2097

For those that pray---please keep my ds18 and his friends in your prayers. They are headed to Tulsa for an overnight and fun tomorrow. I'm a little nervous but he's a very mature kid so he'll be fine. We let him take the BMW!!!! Accckkkk
Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Ashley's mom is still working i believe she will quit in october
no Steven never did say it but did offer to take me out to eat
how is the soup Chewie?? i am soo dying for some especailly since it is soo cold here today!
The onions are cooking right now. I have swiss cheese to grate still and some French bread to toast for the top. I'd love to make you a bowl!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #2099

Quote:
The onions are caramelizing and smell so good. YUMMMMMM It's cold so soup sounds so good to me plus I'm making a Swiss bacon quiche too.
we must have been typing at the same time!!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #2100

oh godh curling up in a comfy chair with that soup and a good book! oh that would be haven
i rarely make any kind of soup cause i am the only one who really likes it heck i can even SMELL it now LOL