Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #1952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning,
We have one last day here of sun before it turns really cold again.
I am heading out to go see what I can find for the little ones for Easter.
Deb....one thing for you (granny Deb) to watch for is for those
after holiday mark downs on cute stuff like "My first Easter" bib. They
make a cute gift for the shower.
Have a great day everyone. The wind seems to be blowing so I guess I better go spray my hair down better!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #1953
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello all! Just got home from work and now my weekend officially begins.

Happy birthday Deb!!! Got any special plans?
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #1954
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good Morning Mona McGamerpants!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #1955
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Abbi, the little girl that some of you sent a Christmas card to, passed away this morning. She fought a courageous battle. Her dad had given her a picture of his mom so she would know her when she got to heaven. She told him that was the angel she had been talking to. Breaks my heart.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #1956

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Oh no....I'm still not used to Photobucket!!!
i can not even navigate photbucket any more BURNS ME UP! ugh
and FACEBOOK accckk remember to go back in and check your privacy settings everything they change something seems they rest ugh at least fo me
good grief i hate EVERYTIME they change something! ugh and now Chrome has disabled social fixer and it never worked as well on firefox why can't they leave things alone
off soapbox for now HOWDY
Ken had me a new coffee pot and cheesecake in my chair this morning when i came downstairs and poor guy! he stayed up after getting in from work last night and baked and frosted me a cake! Kenny called last night and SIGH Steven has yet to even acknowledge it is my birthday
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Abbi, the little girl that some of you sent a Christmas card to, passed away this morning. She fought a courageous battle. Her dad had given her a picture of his mom so she would know her when she got to heaven. She told him that was the angel she had been talking to. Breaks my heart.
poor mite she is flying free now and hugging her Mommie
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #1958

Quote:
Lucky that is so sad. Can we use the same address to send a card? I think I still have it somewhere.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #1959
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Yes, Lony, it is the same address.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #1960

Thank you Lucky,
Old 03-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #1961

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi. Remember me?? I'm back home now. We had a fun few days, busy but fun. Now I need to catch up. Ugh.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #1962

Wow, that was a quick catch up. I guess KC is on a train from the looks of it.
Linda--hope your eye problem goes away soon and you get your 20/20 vision back. I love garlic bread. YUM

Sue, I didn't have a computer after I left on Monday so I couldn't check in. Sorry I missed you. We did keep pretty busy though. We arrived about 3 on Monday, checked into our hotel and then went exploring the area. Ended up at the Blue Moon cafe---for half price appetizers and it was awesome. We were stuffed and tired so we headed back to the hotel for some relaxation. Yesterday, we went to the breakfast at the hotel(just continental but ds14 had biscuits and gravy and I had coffee and then one of my protein shakes.) Then we headed to the zoo about 10 and walked all over for about 3 hours. My legs are sore today. Then for lunch, we stopped at the Fish market/restaurant on Sheridan---can't think of the name but it was awesome. DS had a giant fisherman's platter and I got shrimp cocktail. YUM Then back to relax and take a short nap. Then took him to a video/batting cage place and then went to TeKai Asian restaurant for half price appetizers again for dinner. It was awesome and a gorgeous place. Then back to our hotel to hang out. Today we went to the BBQ steakhouse(on Admiral) for the breakfast buffet(very good) and then to the aquarium and then headed home. I'm naming the names since you probably know about them. It was great.

Oh we also went to Siege sausage market/rest and bought a bunch of sausage and stuff for Easter. Dh is going to be real excited. Plus we found an awesome Mexican bakery that had the best stuff. We thought it was on Sheridan but looked for it today and couldn't find it. Maybe it won on Memorial? I don't know. It was huge and next door to a Good will.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!

Last edited by chewiegand; 03-20-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #1963

Deb:
happy bd.jpg
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #1964
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Deb......................HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A TERRIFIC LADY...........

and Ken stayed up after work and made you a cake. What a nice birthday fuzzy.

Enjoy your big day.

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #1965
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lucky - Little Abbi, so young, just tragic for her family. Learned last night a buddy of my nephew died from throat cancer (tobacco chewing) at age 32 and my sister called and said my cousins 51 yr old son was killed taking a tree down. Had worked for the county over 20 years, had all his safety equipment on - just a freak accident where the tree twisted and he suffered a deadly blow to his head. So much sadness...............so much pain for all these families.

Linda
Old 03-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #1966
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sue, you post some beautiful pictures...........always a pleasure to look at them. Thanks.

Linda
Old 03-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #1967

So sad about Abbi.

Deb, any news from your dil???
Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #1968
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm - so, we still don't know where KC is or what she went on? Or how long she's going to be gone. She will have some stories to tell us I'm sure.

Mona - hope you're back to your perky self. We'll wait on you. They all wait on me - thank goodness.

Melinda - miss seeing you posting...........I know the feeling though - life is just tougher some days than others.

Lony - sounds like you have a new plan of attack as soon as you get dh off to the oil fields again. Take it easy though - don't overdo and pull something - or get so sore from all those exercise bands that you'll be walking Fred looking like a mummy.

Linda
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #1969
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Chewie - you sure packed a lot of sights into your trip. Always nice to get home though isn't it? Sounds like you had a great time.

Linda
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #1970
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I find this very heart warming to know her grand mother was there to help take her on. Right before my mom passed she was too weak to talk but my sister says she was looking up in the corner of the room and all of a sudden her eyes got big as if she saw someone. My sister said someone was there waiting on her. She passed within a minute or so after that. I am sure her family takes great comfort in knowing grandma was there with her.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Wow Chewie - you sure packed a lot of sights into your trip. Always nice to get home though isn't it? Sounds like you had a great time.

Linda
Yep, that kid kept me moving. LOL Our hotel wasn't in a great area so we didn't really go out at night, otherwise, we'd probably have done even more. Crazy kid!!!!! We had a very good time but it sure is nice to be home. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight and having a nice hot cup of tea in front of my fire later.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #1972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Wow, that was a quick catch up. I guess KC is on a train from the looks of it.
Linda--hope your eye problem goes away soon and you get your 20/20 vision back. I love garlic bread. YUM

Sue, I didn't have a computer after I left on Monday so I couldn't check in. Sorry I missed you. We did keep pretty busy though. We arrived about 3 on Monday, checked into our hotel and then went exploring the area. Ended up at the Blue Moon cafe---for half price appetizers and it was awesome. We were stuffed and tired so we headed back to the hotel for some relaxation. Yesterday, we went to the breakfast at the hotel(just continental but ds14 had biscuits and gravy and I had coffee and then one of my protein shakes.) Then we headed to the zoo about 10 and walked all over for about 3 hours. My legs are sore today. Then for lunch, we stopped at the Fish market/restaurant on Sheridan---can't think of the name but it was awesome. DS had a giant fisherman's platter and I got shrimp cocktail. YUM Then back to relax and take a short nap. Then took him to a video/batting cage place and then went to TeKai Asian restaurant for half price appetizers again for dinner. It was awesome and a gorgeous place. Then back to our hotel to hang out. Today we went to the BBQ steakhouse(on Admiral) for the breakfast buffet(very good) and then to the aquarium and then headed home. I'm naming the names since you probably know about them. It was great.

Oh we also went to Siege sausage market/rest and bought a bunch of sausage and stuff for Easter. Dh is going to be real excited. Plus we found an awesome Mexican bakery that had the best stuff. We thought it was on Sheridan but looked for it today and couldn't find it. Maybe it won on Memorial? I don't know. It was huge and next door to a Good will.
Sorry we missed each other Chewie but it sounds like you had a great time! You were on 15th street at the Blue Moon. That is a great place! They have some great places around there. I'm betting the Mexican bakery was east of Sheridan out east. I have gone by there but have never stopped. OMG on the fish Market on Sheridan!!! People come from all over to eat there. It smells of fish when you walk in but when you over come that part it is WONDERFUL!
The TeKia restaurant, is that on Lewis close to down town? I have been by there but never ate there. I hear good things on it.
I'm glad you had a good time. I'm sure you are beyond tired!! Put your feet up and relax for the evening!!!

Linda.....so sorry about your cousin's son and also the young guy who passed of cancer. I hate cancer!! I know so many who have or are fighting it.

Mona......Happy weekend to you! Enjoy!!!!

I went shopping. Yes I spent too much money on grand babies. You will soon find out all about that Deb!!!

Deb....that was just the sweetest thing Ken did for you. As far as your son not calling......been there. I've had yrs. when my son was out of town or didn't call till the night of. We mom's like to be remembered right off the bat early on our BD morning!!!!! Hopefully he will call or maybe even come by at some point.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #1973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yep, that kid kept me moving. LOL Our hotel wasn't in a great area so we didn't really go out at night, otherwise, we'd probably have done even more. Crazy kid!!!!! We had a very good time but it sure is nice to be home. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight and having a nice hot cup of tea in front of my fire later.
Chewie.....when you mentioned where you were staying I thought....hmmm I don't know of anywhere nice and safe to stay in that area. You always want to go on down 169 around 61st-71st to get into a nice area. Bad things go on up north and NE.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #1974

Sue---that Asian place is on S.Utica downtown, I think. It was so good and half price apps between 4 and 6 pm. Great atmosphere and service. So good.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #1975

Quote:
Chewie.....when you mentioned where you were staying I thought....hmmm I don't know of anywhere nice and safe to stay in that area. You always want to go on down 169 around 61st-71st to get into a nice area. Bad things go on up north and NE.
We were on garnett. Not a good place but the hotel itself was fine, just didn't want to go out after dark. LOL But it was cheap.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #1976

Quote:
S

Deb....that was just the sweetest thing Ken did for you. As far as your son not calling......been there. I've had yrs. when my son was out of town or didn't call till the night of. We mom's like to be remembered right off the bat early on our BD morning!!!!! Hopefully he will call or maybe even come by at some point.
LOL Steven lives here in the house with me! i drive him to and from HS and college he has had ample opportunity! Kenny called last night and wanted to come down tonight after work but i convinced him not too he lives 30 miles away and it is going to be 22 degrees and after him working 13 hours he jjust doesn't need to do that! i will see him Friday when we go to Ashleys first OB appt! hopefully they will be back from lexington(over 2 hours away) finalizing all the paperwork on their house
Old 03-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
poor mite she is flying free now and hugging her Mommie
i misunderstood and thought the little girls' mom was waiting for her i didn;t realize it was her grandma
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #1978
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
We were on garnett. Not a good place but the hotel itself was fine, just didn't want to go out after dark. LOL But it was cheap.
From around 41st and north on Garnett it is Hispanic city so to speak. Lots of good food there but not a good place after dark.
Yes.....it is Utica, not Lewis where the restaurant is.

It is really nice out with NO wind here today!!! The calm before the storm I guess!! Tomorrow it will be cold and rainy they say. At least the kids have all had 3 pretty nice days for Spring Break.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #1979

If you guessed that we are travelling by rail, then you guessed correctly! Now, where are we headed?

Old 03-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #1980

Wow, KC is taking quite a trip there. I can't wait to hear about it. I would be concerned though that my kids would be bored.